• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic How the Mighty Have Fallen

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
The year 2030 saw some of the best and worst of humanity's accomplishments. But, as most people like to hear, the bad news will come first.

By 2030, the Russian Federation had annexed almost all of its Soviet-era territory, as far west as Germany, although Germany was never invaded. At least, until March of that year. The USA as well as the rest of the western world retaliated to years of Russian aggression the best way they knew how; complete and utter annihilation.

The world celebrates March 15th every year as another Victory in Europe day, similar to the fall of Nazi Germany. March 15th is the day the first Hellfire missiles rained from the sky, vaporizing every single Russian city and base in a single flash of white flame. There is no Russia anymore, only miles and miles of scorched, lifeless land.

After that, the world would see an end to real war as we knew it. There are still terrorists acting up in the Middle East here and there, but military units are steadily neutralizing them.

But that leaves out what, at the time, was considered the good news. In 2030, a team of scientists working for an American corporation by the name of Eclipse began mass production of cybernetic limbs, implants, and organs. It was called the next step in evolution, the beginning of a new age.

After all, with nanites running through your blood and a metal body, what could stop you? Disease would be eradicated, most traumatic wounds could be easily repaired. Mankind would ascend to a bionic godhood, and finally realize our dreams of immortality. We would live forever, in a world without pain or suffering.

At least, that's what most of us thought, at the time. It didn't take long, however, for us to be accused of playing god. Of tampering with the perfect form, of defying nature, of defiling our sacred image. Most of us thought little of it. These people were just reactionaries, afraid of the future that they refused to understand.

Like all good things, however, it was not meant to last. You see, in the early days of cybernetics, they were fairly expensive and still somewhat risky. This didn't stop a fair number of people from acquiring them, but even so, most people were lacking. This put the enhanced at a significant advantage over those around them, and I think we've all seen what happens when an animal realizes how strong it is compared to it's kin.

It abuses it's power. Some of the earliest benefactors of cybernetic enhancements were the very same people who have damned it to an unreachable abyss. How does one stop a metal man on a rampage? Gone were the days when one bullet could put a criminal down. It could now take five if not more men to restrain an enhanced criminal.

Cybernetic enhancements were accused of driving people insane, of turning them into bloodthirsty animals. It took years, a decade to be exact, for the fears to find their way into legislation. In 2040, the USA, and most of the world, passed a law establishing cybernetic enhancements as illegal. In most countries, the punishment was immediate removal of the enhancement, as well as a near life sentence jail term.

Even without the law, however, cybernetics were a sin in the public eye. Too many tragedies had been committed, too many innocents had been slain by a human not made of flesh. No sympathy remained for these people, for the metal monsters that had roamed the streets.

By the thousands, men and women turned themselves in. They were surgically stripped of their cybernetics and given a reduced jail term in return for their cooperation. As a matter of fact, most of the people who turned themselves in without having committed a crime have left prison by now, a mere five or seven year sentence. But they're still goners, just like those who didn't come willingly. Life's hard when you're missing a limb or a non-vital organ. I've seen plenty of men turned blind by the law, and they aren't pretty.

Worst, the normal flesh and blood people treat them like crap. Like every single one of them is a monster who has been chained before them. These people are hounded and assaulted on a daily basis, and are powerless to stop the resentful mobs that seek revenge for sins long past.

That's why I didn't turn myself in. It's why I willingly became an outlaw, living the rest of my life on the run. Seven years now on the run, and you ask why? This is who I am, and I'm not letting anyone take it from me. And you shouldn't, either.

Because we are gods.

MAPS

Chicago, July of 2047:

Chicago.jpg

RULEs

1. Be reasonable, do not stretch canon a mile for the sake of your character.

2. Be nice in OOC, please.

3. Don't make your character outrageously powerful. Combat should be a dramatic struggle, not a steamroller crushing paper.

4. Get romantic if you want, just don't be gross about it.

5. Don't kill other characters. That's rude. However, it is still quite likely that your character may catch a bullet anyway.

6. I reserve the right to kick people for poor conduct, rule-breaking, poor writing, or just being a jerk.

7. Be a good character, not a wannabe main character.

8. Don't write a one-liner, unless it's super dramatic and justifiable. Even then, please refrain from it.

9. Good grammar and good spelling are a must. Ignore the password at the end of this, instead, put "And we are gods".

10. Please adhere to the following when writing in this roleplay, just for the sake of continuity and a standard across writing.

- Use quotation marks for dialogue. No brainer. Ex: "You're a cute one."

-Character's personal thoughts are italicized.Ex:I hope no one thinks ill of me.

-Actions deserve no specific marking. Ex: He swung his blade.

11. If you can't check this at least once a day, don't even bother applying.

12. Password is Black Hole Sun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back