Other How Our World Works (Rules of Reality Travelling)

Forgotten Home

キミの記憶
Disclaimer The following is a work of fiction. It does not reflect the scientific or religious views of the writer.

An excerpt from "How Our World Works" by an unknown author:

"People may not believe it, but everything is truly infinite. But to what extent is it infinite? There we delve into the art of realities. Realities are the separation of timelines within a locked space of timelines. This might sound very complicated, and it is. I've spent years studying these realities with someone who is actually able to travel between them within the locked space. This woman is the only known creature to travel between realities...

..What we have discovered is extraordinary. We have, so far, come out with a graph to distinguish features of every reality:"

Picture found on the current page:
reality-traveling-graph.png

"
Realities can be formed from anything: the slightest divergences in time, imagination, or simple thoughts. The focal point of these realities is hard to explain. The best way to explain it is: for example, imagine you were watching TV. The show is focused on certain characters at the moment. That would be the focal point of the reality based on TV or a video game or a book or some other type of story. As for worlds not based on those sorts, the focal point would be where imagination or time divergence took place. It could be anywhere from the middle of a grassy field to in the middle of space.

This is part of what makes reality travel one of the most dangerous things to do. You can end up dying as soon as you entered the new reality as no-one really knows what could potentially happen when you enter or what could be there...

...Each reality seems to possess its own "rules," which is to say that the normal science of our world might now be the same in other realities. There could be realities where heavy magic exists in everything or worlds where magic doesn't exist at all. Nothing is ever fully consistent."

The author of the book never labeled the book with their name. The book was discovered abandoned with several bloodstains on the cover. The book has a leather-bound cover.
If anyone has any information, I'd love to hear it! I've read through it and it seems so damn interesting.
I never knew this stuff about this world. I know other species and stuff exist but DAMN.
I wonder who that woman mentioned could be?
- blog post found on the internet by an anonymous author

Users who are viewing this thread

Back