How human do you make your alchems?

Kajata

So, how human do you make your alchemical exalted?

I mean, I know clarity has a significant effect, but what about things like getting tired and stuff.  I mean, when running long distances, do you think alchems get tired like we do, or do they simply recognise that they don't have the chemical energy to carry on any more and need to stop soon?

I'm not talking about their attitude, I'm just wondering about involuntary things that aren't covered by the rules in place.

How do you guys portray them?

I awlays assumed they followed the same rules as normal Exalted in terms of fatigue, etc.

-S

I had assumed that it was pretty much in correalation with their Clarity.

These are still human, put into nifty shells, given a new purpose, and they grow into their new roles.  As they grow in power and stature, they lose some of that humanity, which is their lot as they grow more and more precise and efficient.

I had assumed that it was pretty much in correalation with their Clarity.
Read his post again, Jakk. He's not talking about their "humanity", he's referring to their physical durability and stamina.

-S

It's less about how LONG they can run for, more about how they react to their physical requirements and stuff.  When I was talking about fatigue, I more meant how they showed it and that kinda thing?  Do they stagger around as they feel exhausted like a human would?

I don't see why not. The books took great pains to make clear that Alchemicals were made of artificial flesh, and are NOT robots.

-S

Still--I did read it.  I assumed that how an Alchemical reacts has a great deal to do with their level of Clarity.  

High Clarity Alchemicals would think in terms of allocated resources and depleted reserves, while a low Clarity Alchemical would say, "I'm frippin' tired..."

The feelings are the same, the situation is the same, but as they gain Clarity, how they deal with those feelings, and how they relate such conditions to their former fleshed state is different.

High Clarity Alchemicals would think in terms of allocated resources and depleted reserves' date=' while a low Clarity Alchemical would say, "I'm frippin' tired..."[/quote']
I like this idea, it seems to have the right feel for the Alchies.

~FC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back