• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How Erotic?

Sea241

Freaky Alien Genotype
I was just wondering where the site draw's a line between what is allowed and what is not. It is very vague in the site rules. I just want to make sure before I post anything that might upset someone.

If you would not do it in front of children/on mainstreet, it is not for the site.

If it is anything related to sex, that is a big no-no.

If it's something you wouldn't discuss about with your grandmother, don't include it.

It's just no explicit erotic content. As long as you fade to black you're cool. Kissing, etc, are totally OK. Just no RPing of explicit content.

Nothing explicit. No descriptions of the deed,no nudity. That's my understanding. For added safety,I also advocate only hinting at the deed's passing,with great subtlety.

CloudyBlueDay said:
The site is not actually labeled as PG-13 though. It's just no explicit erotic content.
My sincerest apologies Cloudy :D I had thought, incorrectly, that the rules said so. Thanks for the correction.

Tyrael said:
My sincerest apologies Cloudy :D I had thought, incorrectly, that the rules said so. Thanks for the correction.
We were PG-13, so you were not entirely mistaken. We just aren't anymore, since recently-ish.

I tend to think of it this way - rather than PG-13... because that's just as vague as saying "No erotic content" (have you SEEN PG-13 movies from the 80s??) -- I tend to think of it as what can you see on Prime time network television? There's no nudity, no graphic exploration... nine out of ten times, you've got making out, a little modest undressing (nothing below the waist/beneath the undergarments) and then a fade, which moves on to the next morning/next scene. Everyone -knows- what happened, but the details are left to the imagination.

While we're on the topic I'd like to ask what the verbal limits are?

Like how vulgar can a character speak if it? Like lewd jokes and such?

I've found that I enjoy playing a drunken fool who literally is worthless and vulgar as hell but is motivated to pull together and change himself. It's fun don't judge xD

But I've wondered where the line is drawn on vulgar jokes in character? I mean I know for sure what isn't but I'm wondering how fine that line is y'know?

Atom said:
While we're on the topic I'd like to ask what the verbal limits are?
Like how vulgar can a character speak if it? Like lewd jokes and such?

I've found that I enjoy playing a drunken fool who literally is worthless and vulgar as hell but is motivated to pull together and change himself. It's fun don't judge xD

But I've wondered where the line is drawn on vulgar jokes in character? I mean I know for sure what isn't but I'm wondering how fine that line is y'know?
When it comes to erotic content, in character speech should follow the same rules. Remember, we are not PG-13 so you are welcome to discuss other things: violence, gore, cussing, drugs, etc. in roleplay, we just don't allow erotic content, which includes both acting out erotic scenes and discussing them as a character talking.

If it would get you in trouble to say on the SB, Atom, it is probably not Ok for in terms of in character. :3

I wouldn't be too sure on that last part honestly, I've always found the SB rather sensitive to that. But I still get what you mean.

I just feel like there's a really fine line and I'm trying to probe to find where it is xD

Although I don't intend anything extremely vulgar that would fall under that so I think I'm good.

Fair enough. The SB can be sensitive sometimes. There really is a fine line; but if you're ever unsure of something, you're always welcome to get in touch with a staff for a second opinion before ya post. (:

Mordecai said:
Fair enough. The SB can be sensitive sometimes. There really is a fine line; but if you're ever unsure of something, you're always welcome to get in touch with a staff for a second opinion before ya post. (:
Gotcha! Thanks Morde!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back