How easy should selling an artifact be?

but does this sound reasonable?

that unless a PC Either invests months of time looking for, a interested buyer, or establishes a long term merchant enterprise (some merchants DO trade in artifacts princibly) he should probaly be able to sell an artifact for half its general cost, which would be +0 , or +1, within a day, or two.

note... Even I think that opening up a semi permanent merchant entertprise trading in artifacts especialy if its stuff looted from the hunt... will eventualy get unwelcome attention, even if your in a area that would legally allow such a thing.

I know if he's got the connections...but damn, that's one stupid merchant to be giving him that large a discount.

I Meant the solar SELLING The artifact at half off, not BUYING it at that much.

that WOULD BE A collosily stupid merchant.

I wanted an amount you can reduce the price by to ensure a quick sale, without quite "Cheating yourself."

uh on my original question?

before we got side tracked about grammer...

I Meant the solar sellingThe artifact at half off, not buying it at that much.

that WOULD BE A collosily stupid merchant.

I wanted an amount you can reduce the price by to ensure a quick sale, without quite "Cheating yourself."  

I was just curious if you agree that unless you put a lot of time and effort into something you often times have to give discounts.

I have them sell Artifacts at their Resources equivalent.

They then can buy other Artifacts at Resources equivalent +1 or 2 depending on the area and the rarity of said Artifact.

Before I put in my two cents, I want you all to know that this might be an Exalted compendium first.

It's been 4 pages, and you are still on the main topic.  What are the odds that all of you took your Ritalin on time for *4 pages*.  Usually, by page 3, you're talking about how hot Kristanna Loken would be in hooker boots and a schoolgirl outfit.

Of course, this will be the self-fulfilling prophecy that causes everyone to talk about Kristanna Loken

But I digress.

Selling an artifact is a gay way out of an interesting opportunity.

So your players found some dude's perfectly functional artificial hand.  Why sell it?  Why not fund an artificer to make more of them and have him pay you money as he is able to sell them.  Or try to reverse-engineer a version that mortals could use.

[/i]

It's been 4 pages' date=' and you are still on the main topic.  What are the odds that all of you took your Ritalin on time for *4 pages*.  Usually, by page 3, you're talking about how hot Kristanna Loken would be in hooker boots and a schoolgirl outfit.[/quote']
Hmmm...

Couldn't find her with the hooker boots and the schoolgirl outfit, but this one's close.

KristannaLoken2.jpg

Or there's always this one. ^.o

KristannaLoken1.jpg

for my game... I think the players might be a little more interested in money then anythign else...

and how would you create one mortals could use, without draining their life energy?

Sure.  Mortals don't need to be performing complex acrobatics or blocking torrents of obsidian razors shaped like butterflies.  Why not?  It might even benefit some professions.  Imagine the blacksmith who can work a hotter forge because his arm is jade.

in the case of mortals using the clockwork arm, I'd rule that he must spend a willpower for a month. Something like that. So, it is still usefull. but takes its toll. And give the mortal time to regain will for doing so.

in the other note: I really liked the schoolgirl photo, nice and tasty ^^

Thank You.

And the book says that for every 3 motes of Essence needed, you can spend a point of Willpower in it's place.

yes...

stll a a heroic mortal would probaly welcome such a trade.

does lookshy sound like a place that would not be too shocked at such a thing being sold... since some MIGHT argue, that making a dragonblooded alive here TODAY whole again is more important then worryingh about a corpse whos little more then dust next to his prosthetic hand.

The abyssals have a charm that allows them to make prosthetic limbs for mortals. They pay a variable amount of willpower. If they don't it doesn't work that day. I believe legs are 2/3 willpower, so either you're regaining willpower by leading the high life, being heroic, or sleeping really well. Failing that, the average person with such a prosthesis uses it every few days for a day of freedom, or only when it's important.

I have an image in my head of an old warrior being wheeled around by a servant with a blanket over his lap: Everyone knows he lost the use of his legs to a brutal hamstringing during a campaign. But if someone messes with him, he spends the 2 willpower and stands up to deliver some beat-down.

Alternatively, have a funny scene with wheelchair-fu beating up your solars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back