• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How do I start a private conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaerri said:
Ya, noted that. However, I can't recall if we had the 24-hour rule or not. If we did, there were absolutely no complaints and I never noticed it myself.
No we did not have the 24hour rule at RPzone.

That was implemented here due to the site's sheer size.

GgAcE said:
In 5 years I think I removed a total of 3 users for spam. Out of all 3 of them, not one had links & simply posted random garbled text. Removal took less than 10 seconds & I moved on with my life.
But think about it, Ace, that's 30 seconds of your life that you're never going to get back! D: aren't you worried about the pace at which life passes you by and want to conserve every precious moment to spend on meaningful-ness and not take the time to do ridiculous thing like write up posts like this one? (^~^)7

Stickdom said:
But think about it, Ace, that's 30 seconds of your life that you're never going to get back! D: aren't you worried about the pace at which life passes you by and want to conserve every precious moment to spend on meaningful-ness and not take the time to do ridiculous thing like write up posts like this one? (^~^)7
Education & customer service is never considered a waste regardless of the time it takes. I can spend 30 seconds or 5 years on something. At the end of the day it's all about the relationships built & trust gained when everything all makes sense. Unfortunately work on this large of a site or working in a company the size I work for, not everyone will be happy with everything you do.

Set-up a company picnic because people want to do something outside of work. The weather is too hot, the location is not good, the day was a bad choice. There is always one individual (& I am not directly speaking about @CountDracula) that won't be happy be it one good reason or another.

You ultimately wont understand nor do I ask people to understand until they are in the shoes of the staff. RpN staff are not implementing these things because it's fun to have, they don't restrict access because every new member is a spammer, nor do they pass rules because they HAVE THE POWER! Everything they do is to better this site & the end users experience.

If someone doesn't like a system, a function, or a rule - xenforo sells licenses starting at $140. namecheap.com sells domains for under $10. Hosting is cheap now days just google some sites. Make yourself a website. Run it as you please. In hopes that it becomes huge, come back again in 5 years. Let us know your experience. If I have learned anything over the years it's that "I am not always right". As much as I want to be, I have to assume there is expects in just about every field. If anyone has a better chance of being right, it's them. In this case the RpN staff are the experts.

I hope this wasn't read with an angry tone as once more I am simply trying to get people to understand from a neutral perspective. I no longer own ANY RpN intellectual property, equity, or power. I am merely a regular member with a "retired staff" title. My words do not directly portray that of the staff or any other RpN members.

Your friend

~Gg

Ace, I admire you, and all the staff as well. To start and run a successful site with as large of a userbase as this, many others would consider having a swelled head, in my experience (such as it is). But, I think the admins are given a lot less credit and wuite a bit more hassle than they deserve, seeing as everything they do, every decision they make is for the good of the site and the people as a whole. They know they'll have to put up with the minority that doesn't like "change", but they/you really deserve more credit for what it takes to run a seemingly simple enterprise as this. And all the time and effort is certainly not going to waste. As I've said before, this is a site where location, personal background or beliefs don't separate people. This is really pieces of the entire world united in a common interest. ( ^_^ )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back