• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How do I disable someone from seeing my threads/profile?

Lady Insanity

I live for the chaos, yet I'd die for peace.
Personally, I have nothing against anyone here. I love the people on this site so much! However, every time I post a new RP, the same person always wants to join. At first, I was happy...until I saw their work. They just don't fit my standards/qualities. They themselves, are sweet, but they just bother me. Plus, they join just about every new RP on the site...their commitment worries me. I don't mean to sound mean...but how do I stop someone from seeing my stuff so I'll never hear from them again?

There is a block feature you can use. It will not prevent them from seeing your threads (as forums are a public space) but it will prevent them from seeing your information and messaging you.

If someone continues to pester you in an uncomfortable way, report them, and the staff can handle your case in an appropriate manner.

You mean the "ignore" button? I've tried it, yet they always persist. They're the only person that does this, and the only one I have 'ignored'. Again, I don't mean to sound mean...but they just drive me crazy. However, thank you...I'll report them, should the situation come to it.

Have you tried contacting this person yourself and politely asking them to keep their distance?

I've tried, but they don't really seem to get it. They don't say anything rude or hurtful, but they just don't understand that I'd prefer they stopped coming near my content all of the time.

You can control who sees your profile, news feed, etc, through the privacy options here: https://www.rpnation.com/account/privacy

You can't exclude a single person, and this won't stop them from seeing your public content if they view a forum, but you can lock down your profile to those you follow only.

Also, if you are a GM of a RP, you may exercise your right as a GM to decline their character app and thus their participation within the RP.

Be sure to read about your Roleplayer Rights.

And I believe that ignoring someone hides any posts they make as well. So y'know, ignore them and you won't see their posts anymore.

GeekPride18 said:
I've tried, but they don't really seem to get it. They don't say anything rude or hurtful, but they just don't understand that I'd prefer they stopped coming near my content all of the time.
Well if they are privately contacting you - make sure that you give them one more message and let them know you do not want to be contacted further in a private manner.

You can't ban them from interacting with you entirely on the site, but you can make it so they don't know their games. Likewise if they are private messaging you and you do not want it: that is considered harassment and is a reportable offense.

If that's the case and it continues to happen after you give them another warning, please report to the Staff.

But if at all possible, please try to solve the situation in a peaceful and respectable manner. I am sure everyone in the community can get along and respect one another's boundaries. ( :D )

Did a little investigation... If you're referring to the person I believe you are, you may need to be a little more clear with them. I don't know if you PM'd them or not (in this specific instance), but they did ask in a thread if they were going to be involved and I didn't see you, at any point, respond to them publicly. This can be a bit confusing on the part of the player, because they might just assume you didn't see their post and try again.

I think sometimes we worry about hurting people's feelings, so we don't always want to tell them they aren't welcome, but that just makes it more awkward than if we told them right off the bat. Most often, people just want absolute clarity. It's as simple as saying, "I appreciate your interest, but you have a lot on your plate and I'm looking for a specific level of focus, detail and dedication in my roleplays, so I won't be able to include you." -- Just be honest and forthright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back