Other How did everyone spend Halloween?

Topic.

If you celebrate Halloween, then how did you spend yesterday? Did you see any family or friends? Did you decide to wear a costume? Did you watch any horror movies or play any scary games? What about writing some kind of spooky Halloween plot? I personally went for a walk in the evening to see a few brave kids in my neighborhood out for candy though I personally didn't interact. I later came home to have some wine and watch my friends play Phasmophobia for a while. It was a pretty boring night, but I'll make up for it once coronavirus goes away. How did everyone else spend their spooky day, if at all?

my town got put on another lockdown the week prior, so we didn't do a damn thing. Just stayed in, put on some spooky vids for the kiddo, carved our last pumpkin and had a dinner over candles.

Where did you play hide and seek to the point that you almost lost a shoe to a barbed wire fence?

We were visiting some property, and it was like an abandoned farm like place. Me and my friends hid in a tree, but the dad got out a thermal scope and gave us away, and the seekers were coming from the field. So, when we were scrambling to get out of the tree, my shoe got caught and I had to run barefoot. It was real fun, and the first year I haven’t gone trick-or-treating.

This is probably the first year that I didn't have any plans to celebrate Halloween. I just wasn't really feeling it, and it got kinda overshadowed by (hopefully) being able to enjoy Christmas season for the first time in a few years. I basically procrastinated at home, got called into work in the evening, handed out some candy to kids there, and basically worked all evening.

That reminds me that I need to actually carve my pumpkin tonight lol. I guess I'm going with a turkey for Thanksgiving.

We were visiting some property, and it was like an abandoned farm like place. Me and my friends hid in a tree, but the dad got out a thermal scope and gave us away, and the seekers were coming from the field. So, when we were scrambling to get out of the tree, my shoe got caught and I had to run barefoot. It was real fun, and the first year I haven’t gone trick-or-treating.
Sounds like fun! I'm glad you were able to salvaged your holiday in spite of everything.

This is probably the first year that I didn't have any plans to celebrate Halloween. I just wasn't really feeling it, and it got kinda overshadowed by (hopefully) being able to enjoy Christmas season for the first time in a few years. I basically procrastinated at home, got called into work in the evening, handed out some candy to kids there, and basically worked all evening.

That reminds me that I need to actually carve my pumpkin tonight lol. I guess I'm going with a turkey for Thanksgiving.
I had the same problem as you. I've always loved Halloween, even as an adult, and have made a point to get dressed or at least share some candy with others. I didn't do any of that this year though. I didn't even buy any candy for myself or my family. It's really been an odd year with an equally odd Halloween. I'll have to make up for it next year by dressing up, going apple picking, or carving a pumpkin like I would've done in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back