• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

How common are spellcasters on Sharseya?

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
<p>

I thought this was worth mentioning again. (Taken from<a href="<___base_url___>/threads/at-the-adventurers-table.55271/page-40" rel=""> this post on the Adventurers' Table</a>) I just realized that I missed a question of yours (or rather, I read it, Real Life took over again, and I forgot to get back to it). Back on page 39, Sherwood sez, "...but I'm curious; just how common are spellcasters in your world?" Well, it depends on where you go. In Summerset, they're about as common as they are going to get. Summerset has magical colleges, families, hangouts, libraries, you name it. Summerset also has the aforementioned lack of work for the typical adventurer, an unhealthy plague of politics that runs all over anyone of power (and many without), and a royal family with a long beard you might say that has the tremendous ability to keep coming out on top when it comes to ruling the city. Outside of civilized lands, the divine spellcasters tend to get the greater numbers (especially when you're talking druids or clerics of Mielikki, the forest mother - she's up there in Highwind and has been since that city's beginning). In the dangerous cities west of Summerset, in a nation called The Bloodlands, there is a terrifying cult of Wee Jas (the evil goddess of magic). These nasty jerks are most often called the Monk-mages of Wee Jas, and they are not to be crossed lightly. They have blended that class combination into something very potent, and similar to the Ko monks, they hardly ever work alone or outside their own order. But the Ko monks are not Wee Jas's arch-enemy... That would be Saint Cuthbert, the god of retribution. Like Wee Jas (in my world), he is a mortal become divine, a normal person who ascended to godhood and he has a track record to prove it. Remember hearing the exclamation, "By the Saint!"? Well, this is the man they're talking about, and his followers are numerous (including some in Summerset, a sprinkling in the city of Glimmerdawn, and a church-fortress in Highwind). There are more, but those are the sources of magic on the adventuring road that Luna would likely be most familiar with.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back