• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Hover effects

cellar.

sparkle sparkle ✨
hola. ok. hover effects.

they would be hella neat.

imagine just scrolling over a table and it slides.

or scrolling over an image and text appears.

so wild. kind of mad. possibly sorcery.

so anyways, just pitching the idea of hover effects for bbcodes because why not.

pros: cool as an arctic puffin

cons: none idk how this would work on mobile

or how this would work generally

also completely unnecessary but it's totally rad so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

examples:

for images

and more

I would love to see this on this site! On another forum I was on (which will be left unnamed due to the anti-advertising rule) there was an "acronym" BBcode which let you enter a text which would pop out when you hovered over something (an image or some text) ex of intended use: LOL

Plus we already have those with the emotes: (=u=) Hover your cursor over the smiley, you'll see (p.s.: that's a very convenient feature since I'm not personally always 100% sure what the emotes mean at first glance)

AlexSilverX said:
Plus we already have those with the emotes: (=u=) Hover your cursor over the smiley, you'll see (p.s.: that's a very convenient feature since I'm not personally always 100% sure what the emotes mean at first glance)
That is not entirely what they mean. I think they're looking for something a little more advanced than that. Look at the examples they gave. They're much more fancy. (:3)

AlexSilverX said:
Hovering over the emote is not the same as hovering over something created for what he wants to do. The Emotes do that because it comes in the board software, nothing more. A hover bbcode would be much more advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back