• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern house of sin | lore

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

erosful

(∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚.
Roleplay Type(s)
LORE.
OVERBROOKE.
A small town, barely a dot on the map, goes by the name of Overbrooke. It is a town in the middle of nowhere, barely known to the public. It is equipped with self-sufficient farms and factories and holds a numerous amounts of shops and entertainment districts for its residents. The schools teach children to be better versions of themselves and they promote good citizenship and hospitality. Visitors, however rare, praise the town endlessly when they leave, if they leave.

But the kind smiles plastered on the faces of friendly neighbors is just a facade. The town is overrun with danger. A house that stands in the outskirts of the town is the heart of that danger. The residents of that house are far from human. They are far from pure. And every lunar moon, an innocent, pure, faultless, naive towns-person is in danger of joining them at the House of Sin.

REGULATIONS.
ACTIVITY ⦁ Obviously, you need to be active in the RP. No one likes a dead dash! If you/your character has been inactive for two weeks ( without telling me about a hiatus/break you might need to take ) or has been gone longer than your specified hiatus, your character will be removed and the role slot will be opened. I will inform you before I do this. Please let me know if you will be going on a hiatus or if you’re starting to get busy or anything along those lines, that way I don’t accidentally list your character as inactive. If you are going to be away for a few days, please make sure that you give me a rough estimate of when you’ll be back. This is extremely important if you’d like to keep your character active! If something comes up, it takes nothing to shoot someone a message and ask them to pass it along. Life happens. it’s understandable. Just give us a heads up on events and such.

GOD-MODDING ⦁ No taking control of another player’s character during RP. It’s frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else’s. While some of the roles in this RP are considered more powerful than others, please ensure that you are limiting yourself.

PLOTS ⦁ Any major plots — such as pregnancy, marriage, death, illness — must be discussed with me. Any content that would otherwise break RPNation's sit regulations will not be allowed. If you insist on posting such content, then you will have to pay for the consequences, as I did warn you.

TRIGGERS ⦁ Everyone has a trigger, even if it’s small. If you at all feel triggered or hurt by anything going on within the posting, don’t be afraid to message me. We'll have a talk with whoever might be upsetting you privately and resolve the issue as soon as possible; we're here to make sure you feel like you’re in a safe and comfortable environment. For everyone posting, if you would please mark at the top of your post in a spoiler if you feel that an RP between you and a friend is going to have mature topics, please list in the RP post with bold letters a trigger warning. Triggers consist of and are not limited to: self-harm, rape, death etc. This will enlist the reader that the RP you are writing is one with mature and sensitive topics. If anyone feels uncomfortable about an RP that does not have a trigger warning, please message me privately so I can address the writers to put a warning on their RP post.

MATURE THEMES ⦁ I try to keep things light-hearted and not so serious here, but I welcome violence, drugs, alcohol use, sex etc. All I ask is if members please do not go into detail with the sex. It is a big no, and breaks RPNation's regulations. This is not a smut group. Please skip, or be vague. Anything possibly triggering should be placed as trigger warnings in post, and tagged appropriately. This RP consists of many mature themes, and it is not for everyone. If you don’t feel comfortable in this kind of group, please rethink about joining.

INSULTS ⦁ Another thing I’d like to discuss are insults that might be discriminatory/bigoted, because it must strictly be used in character and you can only use it once every blue moon, but only if your character is the type to use it. For example, if you were RPing a character that would use explicit language, it would be expected to make comments like that every now and then to someone, but a sweet/kind character would never be caught saying such things. However, this does not mean I condone racial slurs ( especially the n-word ) so do not use those at all. Now, this doesn't mean that any of these words will be tolerated in the OOC thread — far from it, actually. I won’t be afraid to discipline you if you’re caught using a homophobic/sexist/racist slur in the OOC thread because you’re meant to be out of character and could really hurt someone’s feelings that way.

OOC DRAMA ⦁ OOC ( Out of Character ) drama is a big no. Keep the drama in character, and please don’t take anything seriously. We get that you might get attached to your character(s), but it’s an RP. Don’t take threats/hate/fights in character, to out of character. And please, don’t say ‘oh so and so makes me so mad’ or ‘ugh I hate so and so’ when talking about someone’s character because that’s just plain rude and you wouldn't like it if someone did that to your character(s), right? Well, let’s be realistic. Families fight. Families say things they don’t mean.

OHANA MEANS FAMILY ⦁ RPs are like a family; we get extremely close. Make everyone feel welcome. Don’t ignore people, and don’t be afraid to share. You might be surprised at just how much someone understands. Talk to everyone! See a starter? Reply to it; what’s the worst that could happen? You posted a starter, but no one replied? Don’t worry! I’m sure there’s plenty of starters out there who people didn’t quite reply to, either. It’s a chain; you get what you give. This one also applies for the mornings, when the RP is usually not as active because of the different time-zones we all have. Just make sure to keep it going! If you ever feel ignored, if you ever feel like you don’t belong, if you ever feel like your character doesn’t quite get along with anyone, then please don’t worry. We’re always here, so you can talk to us about it. If it’s not RP-related and you just need someone to talk to? We’re always here and willing to listen to you and offer some support. Never be afraid to hit my PMs especially.

ADVANCED GROUP ⦁ it is proven that paragraphs help drive the plot of an RP. I encourage you to have at least one RP reply going on each week, and each post must be about several paragraphs ( 4 to 5 sentences per paragraph ) minimum. Please do not use one-liners as it is unfair to your partner to have to respond to a one-liner when they followed the rules.

SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ⦁ Sure, it’s okay to have the occasional typo, but if it gets to the point where I can’t understand anything you are typing, then that’s not acceptable. Please try your best to maintain good spelling and punctuation. You may not be the best writer but there’s always room to improve.

LEAVING THE RP ⦁ If you feel at any time that you need to leave, then please message me or post in the OOC to let everyone know that you’re leaving. You don’t have to tell us why if you’re not comfortable with doing so, but please message us if you really are dropping a character/characters. If you simply deactivate or begin ghosting without any warning, then I'm left to figure out what to do with your characters and the role slots they took up and struggle with figuring everything out. Please, messaging me ahead of time will just make things easier on everyone and will be much appreciated.

PROOF ⦁ Finally, to let me know that you have read the rules, and understand the terms and agreements, please include your preferred OOC name, time-zone, and preferred pronouns in the 'Other' section on the character sheet. If this information is not added your character(s) will not be accepted, meaning you won’t be able to RP until alterations are made after a passive-aggressive suggestion from myself. I know these are a lot of rules to follow, so if you ever get lost please refer back here. Thank you, and happy RPing.

ARCHIVE.
EPISODE ONE ------ Here ------ Aftermath Description

LINKS.
IN CHARACTER ------ Here
CHARACTER SHEET ------ Here
ROLEPLAY INFORMATION ------ Here
OUT OF CHARACTER ------ Here
RELATIONSHIPS ------ Here
DISCORD ------ Here
INSPIRATION ------ Here
coded by nymphadora. ©

Users who are viewing this thread