Hotel for the Unwanted [Inactive]

Olivia strummed her guitar softly, afraid that if she were too loud she would disturb someone. Keeping her door only slightly open, she quietly strummed the chords to 'I will follow you into the dark' by death cab for cutie. The lyrics were imprinted in to her head and she couldn't help but sign along to the music. This was one of the first songs she learned on the guitar. In one of the better foster homes she was in the older brother had a guitar and he had taught her, she didn't stay at that home long.

Cole finished off his drink and began to prep the rest of dinner. "Anyone have any suggestions for dinner? I thawed chicken "

Andrew peeked on the door, looking at Olivia singing. The most incredible thing was, at his point of view, the sun shined into the room, and reflected on Olivia, giving her a glowing aura. Surprised, he pulled up a pen and notebook and drew Olivia with her guitar. In the drawing, she looked like a goddess, singing her aria touh the world.. A misstep, and Andrew head butted the door, almost breaking it down, falling on the floor. The notebok slid happily through the floor, and stoped near Olivia's feet. "Ah, my notebook..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Cole heard the noise and sighed. Either something very bad just happened, or maybe something that would make a good story. Either way he shrugged and pulled out the chicken and began to tenderize it.

Olivia immediately stopped when she heard a thump and saw the newbie, Andrew, on her floor and a sketch pad by her feet. Her cheeks turned a rosy pink. 'Wait how long was he there for?' she thought before quickly setting down her guitar beside her on the bed. "Are you okay?" she asked getting up and picking up the notebook. Once her eyes landed on the drawling, they were glued, trying to take in every fine detail of the picture. "Wow this is amazing," she said slowly handing back the notebook to him and helped him up.

Andrew had an intense shade of red on his cheeks. He got up rather quickly, and avoided eye contact with Olivia. "S-s-sorry, I just wanted to see who was playing the guitar and I saw you and then I thought that you were a perfect model so I drew this and pleasedontbemadatme" he answered, talking fast. The first day on the new place and he screwed up like that. Great.

Olivia's were burning a light pink but she looked at the boy confused. "Mad at you? why would I be mad? Don't worry okay? You know your really are talented," she told him as she went to go sit back down on her bed putting her guitar away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew looked at Olivia going to her bed. He felt relieved that he wasn't in trouble, but still embarassed. He ripped the page from the notebook and placed the drawing in the bed near her. "It's only fair that you should keep it. I'm sorry I peeked through the door. I'll try to get some rest. Also, you sing really well." He then smiled, and quickly left, heading to his new room, to sleep before dinner.

Cole looked towards the steps "Well" he mumbled "I guess she didn't get pissed then no yelling" he was a little surprised, maybe it was because he was new. He shook the thought from his head and went back to cooking

Before Olivia could get a word out he was gone. "Thank you," she said to an empty room and picked up the picture, putting it on her desk for safe keeping.

Liv then made her way downstairs and to the kitchen. "Need help?" She asked Cole.

He shrugged and then let a large grin cover his face. "Sooo are you an the newbie together now or can I just make fun of you for it?

Olivia's face turned a dark shade of pink. "What? no, it's not like that. We just met, I don't even know him," Liv said the words just pouring out. She then took out some plates and started to set up the table.

Olivia put down the plates and the silver wear down. "When will dinner be ready?" She asked changing the subject.

"Fine," she said and hurries up the stairs. She hesitated, remembering that he said that he was going to try to sleep, she finally knocked on Andrew's door.

Andrew was sound asleep on his bed. Since he left, his beds were sometimes park benches, other times the floor. He snored loudly before wakimg up, still sleepy. "Um, hi... Wait a sec, I'll open right away..." He muttered, before dragging himself to the door. He opened, with his eyes squinted, looking at nothing, and answered. "Yes...?"

"Um Cole just wanted me to tell you that dinner will be ready soon," Olivia said, then starts to make her way back to the kitchen.

Upon hearing Olivia's voice, Andrew regained his composure, but he was still sleepy though. "Oh, alright, thanks." He then made his bed and went down stairs, to the kitchen. Upon seeing Cole and Olivia, he smiled. "Hi there... Need any help?" He sniffed the scent of chicken, and his face livened up. "Oh, chicken! I love chicken!"

The sound of the door slamming open came from the front of the building. Hayden was finally home after he left last night. Even so, he was not in a pleasant mood. His soaked form continued to stand in the doorway before he shed his scarf and hung it up somewhere random. It was pouring, and it was dark out, so he was chilled to the bone. He hurriedly made his way upstairs, and up to the room he shared with Phoenix .

Cole shook his head and laughed. "Not on your first Night kiddo." He finished frying the breading onto the chicken and pulled the pot of vegetables off of the fire. With the pot on one hand and the chicken in another another were he parsed out the meals for everyone. "Dig in kids." He said as he started upstairs to his room.

Hayden heard Cole retreating up the stairs behind him, so he picked up the pace and hurried into his room so he wouldn't have to interact with the other male.

Andrew looked at the redhead next to him. "Oh um... Hi... I'm Andrew, nice to meet you too..." He then smiled back at Alexa. Seeing her dog near her, he became somewhat startled. "H-he doesn't bite, does he?" Receiving the plate of food, he sat down on the dining table and started to eat calmly, savoring each bite.

Phoenix ate quietly. Normally, they would talk, sometimes louder than everyone else, but there were new people. It wasn't because they didn't want to talk to them, just that they were scared to. Bad experiences in the past. They finished up quickly, and after putting their dish away, headed back up to their room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back