• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts: The Aftermath (In Character Roleplaying)

tumblr_inline_o9bsvkpMTj1rifr4k_500.gif

4bfa80e7224aac7918cbb0dea3c0468a.png

"Anything else, I can help you with?" The sarcasm was heavy as he spoke. Eva pursed his lips, staring at him coldly. She let him go before, but she won't do it again.

She frowned. "Thank you for your lovely explanation--" she looked up, glaring at him. "But you're not incharge of my bloody life. I am. But if someone was incharge of my life, I prefer that they're intelligent, and not someone who rolls their eyes behind someone's back thinking they're slick." She said, thinking back to when she asked her question but he rolled his eyes and the time he was explaining the houses to her.

She flips her hair. "If you didn't want to talk to me in the beginning, you could've shooed me away. I didn't have any high hopes that you would accept my presence."

"And if you oh so desperately want me to leave right now, good luck, because I'm not leaving this goddamn spot."

She gave him an evil grin. She's known for being a stubborn yet girly girl.

Mentioned: No One || Interacting With: A L M O S A L M O S

MV5BMTQ5NjQ0Nzc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMzNTU0NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Connor Bright
Interactions: Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow Flecker Flecker

Connor followed the first year on to the express, eyes constantly scanning the express, for any sign of danger that may pop up. The first years slowly thinned finding different spots to sit as they walked along the thin corridors. The train was loud but still had this eerie silence that hung over many of the cabins. Connor looked in some of the cabins seeing some of the familiar faces of the kids he fought along side of just a short for months ago.

Further up the train, closer to the prefect cabin, Connor whipped around when he heard a scream come from one of the cabins. Before Connor could react the scream tuned into laughter, leaving Connor heart beating fast and blood pounding in his ears. When he turned around he smashed into another student, hand instantly clutching onto the student to keep them from falling.

Once Connor managed to steady both of them he looked at who he ran into. “Sorry man, didn’t see yah there,” he said, smoothing out his own cloak and picking up his wand that had fallen from his robe. He turned and looked into the cabin that the boy had decided to stop in front of. He saw Alex sitting in one of the seat and Mike was there as well. “Hey Alex, Mike.” He greeted giving Alex a half hearted attempt of a smile, and nodding to Mike, before continuing off down the train to the prefect cabin.

Last edited:
tumblr_m3psk9PE6v1qg4euv.gif

Margaret Avery
Location: Hogwarts Express // Mood: relieved, casual // Interactions: fancries1 fancries1

"I'm sure Elliot would be ecstatic to be your pretend-brother, after all he's got quite the crush on you," she joked, chuckling to herself at how her brother had turned almost tomato red whenever she'd brought up her friend over the break. the boy was so taken with her she was sure he'd jump off a bridge if Arabella told him to, though Margaret would never let him, and they'd never find where she'd hid her friend's body if she did," Or Joshua might even, you're sure you haven't snuck any love potions to the lil' demons?"

Margaret could see the shift in Arabella's demeanor as the conversation turned away from jokes and remarks to a bit more serious topic. She had to admit herself, having to need to 'have a plan' was not something she fancied. As her friend talked, she nodded, feeling a lot of the same, and experiencing so. The ministry was watching her every move as well, and it wasn't like she hadn't noticed the looks she'd gotten down at the platform. Most were seething, angry and disgusted; but some were almost sorrowful- parents of children, sisters, brothers... Even if she hadn't killed whoever it was that they had loved, she was connected with the person who did, all because of a stupid mark on her arm.

"Funny," she agreed solemnly, running a hand through her red locks- an old habit- and looking back to Arabella from the floor where her eyes had drifted," I suppose we'll have to watch each other's backs then, what with our bond of being evil, terrible murderers."

The comment was meant to be humorous, but her tone had flattened to a melancholy one as well. She knew that was how everyone else saw them, and she knew Arabella knew that too.

Margaret let out a small, single laugh that easily turned into multiple. Soon her eyes were watering, and she imagined she looked absolutely bizarre. Somehow she knew Arabella would understand though, seeing what they'd been through. Being a Slytherin brought up in a true purist family, Margaret didn't often show her emotions like this, but she couldn't help it.

Their situation was just so... weird, so different from anything she could've imagined a year or two ago. No matter what happened when they got to Hogwarts, even after, they'd still always be Avery and Coven; the student death eaters. All they had for now was each other, as she didn't know of any others that had returned- most considered them traitors, or they were dead. It was just so... funny.

Victoria Mcallistar
Mentions: A L M O S A L M O S Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas
The compartment was a bust, it was full up and filled with first years. "Sorry to disturb you all." She said moving back out to the hallway scraping her head against the ceiling. She trudged further down the hall and eventually saw a few frustrated looking boys moving away from one of the carriages. She leaned against on of the carriage wall and tried to make a space, rather uncomfortably to let them past. She would swear she heard something about a hot chicken or chick muttered by one of them. Eventually the boys past not without one of them scrapping by in a way which made her wonder if the were trying to cup a feel.

She noted a the compartment with the blinds closed and decided to try her luck. She moved to it and knocked on the door, she left it a minute before opening the door. Seeing a boy in blue she recognised as being named Ryker and a pretty blonde she didnt recognise. There seemed to be a tense atmosphere but she didn't care at the moment both her knees and neck were sore at this point. "Please tell me i can sit her. " she said desperately.

Last edited:
Bertrand Ryker (BLUE), 17 - 7th Year - Ravenclaw
ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand's smirk grew as Evangeline grew... was terse the correct word? He mulled it over for a few seconds before committing to it. Terse. She essentially crimpled into herself, before planting her flag as it were. He rolled his eyes again, this time with an accompanied chuckle. Did not want to talk to her? Obviously, he wanted to talk to her... how else would he have learned that she was a fucking bore. It was simply that he was done now. Bored and done. Her hit against his intelligence was somewhat lacking... he hoped that she refined the nuances of her snark - or she was going to have a bad time. He reached into his bag for his book once more, fully intent on ignoring her - when the door slid open and A rather tall girl poked her head in. He had never had a lot of interaction with Half-giants before. They were scarce and while his previous headmistress had been a fabulous example - she heavily denied the obvious - to the point where it became irritating.

"Sure - please, make yourself comfortable." He took out his wand, and made a gracious, intricate pattern across the walls and the roof of the inside. "Capacious Extremis." He spoke in a calm, authoritative voice - his magic pulsing in a regulated and precise manner. Far from the excited and intensive casting of his peers - his magic had always been... surgical in nature. Precise and consistent. He could not blast doors open at a call, but he could create intricate shields and weave complex charms at a whim - and again, while never 'spectacular' in scale - always perfect. Always successful. The inside of the room became larger, as the roof extended and the windows widened - allowing for much more space between the seats - giving the half-giant a lot more leg room. He placed the wand back, and waved an open palm to the seat across from him. "I am surprised you made it past our audience. Then again, you don't seem the type to entertain... it was lollygagging? Right? Bertrand Ryker. Charmed." His smirk grew some more at his pun, raising a brow in the direction of Victoria. "You are?" He ignored the other completely, disregarding her threat entir
ely. He had someone new, who seemed interesting enough. If only until they got to school.

Interactions : ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

Evangeline knew she had made a mistake. She insulted his intelligence, but didn't give a reason why. Eh. Who cares. She'll probably never see him again. What's ironic is that Eva insulted his intelligence, while really, she isn't very smart.

When a very tall girl enters the cabin, and asks if she could sit in here, Eva nods.

"I am surprised you made it past our audience. Then again, you don't seem the type to entertain... it was lollygagging? Right? Bertrand Ryker. Charmed." Bertrand completely ignored Eva, which made her a bid relieved.

Yesss he's ignoring meeee~ she thought, happily.

She waved at the half-giant, giving her her best smile. "Evangeline Silver. Happy to make your acquaintance."

She beams, waiting for the girl to introduce herself.

Interacting W/: A L M O S A L M O S ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Victoria Mcallistar
Mentions: A L M O S A L M O S Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas
Victoria entered the carriage with relief, it now big enough to fit her comfortably. "Thank you and thank god for magic." She commented as she stretched to finally lossen her aching muscles before sitting down next to Ryker. Her neck was still sore though and she began to rub it as she listened to each of her new companions interactions. She chuckled at the mention of the poeople outside noting the pun and with that combined with how Eve looked figured a fair idea why the people outside where there.

"Victoria Mcallister, a pleasure to meet you both..." She finally said. " I cant say for sure i have gone through your admirers unscathed but i avoided real damage. I assume the were trying to take a peek at you, Eve" She asked. "Cant say i blame them, though it must be annoying. Are you famous, i am sorry to say i dont recognise you?"

tumblr_mexjhiBlg71s01haxo1_500.gif

Daniel Lewis

Location: Hogwarts Express/Mood: Worried/Mentions: Margaret Avery aurnia aurnia , Arabella Coven fancries1 fancries1 / Interactions: Benjamin Selwyn Arael Arael

"So you see, your child will be perfectly safe here in Hogwarts. It wasn't named the safest place on earth for no reason, you know" Daniel explained to a group of parents and their children, all afraid for their children who would be experiencing Hogwarts for the first time. "I know the fact that our world is just coming out of a war and the last battle of said war was fought in the school might give you the wrong idea, but I promise the war is long over. Voldemort has been dead for four months and all of his Death Eaters are either dead or in Azkaban. Even if they weren't, they wouldn't dare return to Hogwarts in fear of getting caught. Your children will be more than safe in Hogwar-"

He was caught off by one of his fellow classmates shoving him away before she could enter the train with a firm "out of my way, asshole" sent his way. Stunned, he completely blocked the confused parents as he watched her enter the train and disappear inside. He hadn't gotten a very good look at her face, but he could swear she looked quite a lot like Arabella Coven. But that was simply impossible. She was a Death Eater, meaning she was supposed to dead or at least in Azkaban. There was no way McGonagall and the other Hogwarts professors had allowed Death Eaters back at Hogwarts after all the damage they'd caused, right?

"Oy, did you not listen to me? That woman just said that girl is a death eater! Is this true?" A man called out, breaking Daniel from his trance and making him return to the group of parents he was supposed to be calming down. "A- a death eater? No, no way! I'm sure she- she was just moody. You know how teenagers are. Our Headmistress is an incredibly smart woman who would never allow a death eater inside the school."

"But that woman said-" Another parent began, but Daniel cut them off. "Sorry, no time! Everyone, get on the train, we'll be leaving in five minutes!"

In truth, the didn't need to get the students inside so abruptly, but he didn't want to tell a parent the school was going to be free from death eaters when he wasn't so sure of that himself. He waited for the parents to say their final goodbyes and for the children to finally enter the train before he went inside himself, looking inside all of the compartments to find the supposed death eaters. Instead, he found Benjamin talking to a group of confused first years.

"Benjamin? You've been named a prefect too? I can't believe it! How've you been?" He asked with a smile, walking up behind Benjamin and giving him a slight slap on the back. "Listen, this might sound crazy but I think I saw Arabella Coven entering the train just now. Before you ask, I know it was her because no one else would greet me by calling me an asshole. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw Margaret Avery and her brothers in the station too. That can't be, right? I mean, I'm not exactly up to date with the wizarding world news, considering the prophet doesn't really sell much in the muggle world. But I think I would've been informed if McGonagall had decided to bring known death eaters back into the school."

"Victoria Mcallister, a pleasure to meet you both..." She finally said. " I can't say for sure i have gone through your admirers unscathed but i avoided real damage. I assume the were trying to take a peek at you, Eve" She asked. "Can't say i blame them, though it must be annoying. Are you famous, i am sorry to say i don't recognise you?"

Eva smiled. "Yep. Shining actress. Even my parents are actresses and actors..." she smiled at her. "It is annoying, actually. But, what can you do?" She giggled, innocently.

Eva bit her lip, wondering where Jason is. She took out her phone, and decided to message him.

Eva: Where are you?

She waited for a reply.

Jason: In the prefect cabin...

Eva: Could I come?

Jason: It's only for prefects.

She pursed her lips. "Prefect?" she muttered, but a bit too loud.

Eva: Ah, I see. o3o

Jason: Don't. Ever. Make. That. Face.

Eva: Why not?

Jason: ...

Jason: Just... try not to look to cute when you go out...

Eva blushed a deep crimson. Did... he just say she was cute? "Ahhhh!" she squealed, tumbling back on the empty seats and kicking her legs in the air. Her cute dimples visible. Sure, Bertrand and Victoria are probably judging her right now, but she doesn't care.

Jason: You're taking too long to reply.

Eva: Sorry!

Jason: I feel bad for those sitting in the cabin with you. They're probably bored to death.

Eva: What's that supposed to mean!?

Eva bolted right up, puffing her cheeks in anger. She looks like a teen on her period.

Jason: Nothing! Just watch out for yourself, okay?

He's worried about me! she thought, and tumbled down on the seats again, her stomach facing down. She squealed, but the squeal was muffled, after all, her mouth is literally on the seat.

A L M O S A L M O S ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited:
tumblr_nw4kfhniyz1tzp42oo1_250.gif

Interacting: Michael Harriot Flecker Flecker , Connor Bright KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
Mentioned: Barry Noble FrazzledFox FrazzledFox , Arabella Coven fancries1 fancries1 , Margret Avery aurnia aurnia

Alexandrine frowned in thought, considering Mike’s words for a moment. After a couple seconds she shook her head, sighing wearily. “Barry Noble.” Alex said, supplying a name for Mike, she paused, thinking her and Barry’s friendship over. What had happened to him that night, she wondered. Her ex-friends mentioned he looked distraught, even for that night, more so than most. Perhaps he had lost someone too, that’s what happened to most people that night. She looked at the spot Barry had looked at her in before continuing his walk, her eyes glazed over in thought. Or maybe something else had happened.

Of course she’d been too busy with her own grief to even ask. Perhaps thats why they fell apart. Alex snapped out of her thoughts and looked back toward Mike. “We are-were friends.” She paused and looked out the window, her black eyes thinking as she watched passerby's chatter casually, others looked worried. They should be.

She sighed. “But then the battle happened, shit suddenly hit the fan. Things got real.” She stared out the window a moment longer, her eyes hardening for a split second before she looked back at Mike with a smile that did not meet her solemn eyes. “I’m glad you weren’t here when it happened.”

And then of course, Connor Bright passed by, offering a small smile, which Alexandrine offered her own strained smile. Another estranged friend she had also let go of. She once had a surplus amount of friends. Now she had so very few. Damn Voldemort. Damn his Death Eaters. She glanced to her right, up a few isles sat Arabella Coven, along with Margret Avery. She never like Arabella, even before she found out she was a Death Eater. “Stuck up bitch,” Alexandrine said under her breath, observing Bella before watching Margret. She never had an issue with the girl, but the fact she was a Death eater made her impression of her evil in Alex’s mind.

No man or woman is completely good nor entirely bad, in fact nobody should be classified by such terms. But she wondered if their actions haunted them as much as her own failures haunted her dreams. It mattered not. They still killed people. Innocents.

Alexandrine looked away and stared a stony gaze out the window in thought.

Victoria chuckled finding Eva's giggle quite cute and infection."Well i know a little about unwanted att...." She went to say before noting Eva had snubbed her for a muggle device and could not help fell a little taken aback. "Ah...Well..." She managed to say finding herself at a loss forwards for a moment. Well at least she got to see a muggle device she suspected was a mobile phone, it looked so thin and small. It was hard to believe muggles were able to build such devices with such features without magic.

"Well, eh.." She turned to Ryker looking to see if he was willing to chat. "I hope things have cleared up since last year's battle. Certainly things feel more normal... At least as normal as they can be..." She said the first topic that came to mind before hearing Eva mutter. The mutter made her feel momentary confused before she regained her thoughts and instantly regretted her choice of topics."Sorry... Bad choice of topic. I.." Than Eva squealed again leaving Victoria again confused." Is she...ok?" She asked Ryker.

Mentioned: Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas A L M O S A L M O S

Michael Rosen Harriott
Interaction: Alexandrine, Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Michael nods after hearing the person's name fully mentioned

"Ah yes Barry Noble!"

The boy kept his eyes on her resting his chin on his right palm holding his head up.

"Well a war like that never left someone fully unscathed I guess, even if it made you stronger, smarter, experienced or even if you survive it there's always something to lose"

He lets out a sigh when she smiled at him.

"Yeah probably, but a part of me wishes that I was there or the war was longer.."

Michael pulls his journal out and opened the pages "I really need a place to test these out"

He smirks

"The more violent the war, the more advanced methods of killing will be, the more advanced methods of killing means the more advanced understanding of magic and science.. the atomic bomb changed how war is for muggles, imagine what we can do with magic"

The boy sighs scratching the back of his head

"I wish I could predict back then when, where, how, what and why Death Eaters would attack, if I knew probably I could come up with a dose of gaseous defensive potions or something.."

He noticed another boy older than he is walking near his compartment. After another facial identification he could say that the boy is his old rival, an old mate who thought quidditch is a fun, recreational activity for students.

"Bright"

The boy only nods in greeting. He's clearly an opponent to this idea, in fact this year he's thinking of a way to disable the quidditch game. Perhaps MagiTek's Attracto combined with the right weather, humidity, temperature and wind speed could create a hypothetical thunderstorm striking down quidditch players with the control of a wand? Before he's lost in thought again trying to implement the device, he noticed Alex seeing outside their compartment and after tracing where her eyes were, it turns out she's seeing a pair. Arabella Coven and Margaret Avery, he only heard their names vaguely, some say they're associated with Death Eaters or something, but he never knew the truth. Michael did notice she mumbled something about hating the two.

"Damn I really missed a lot"

The boy paused

"I'm guessing they did something horrible in the war?"

He wouldn't be surprised if they did since the rumors about them spread like wildfire

tumblr_opz8j3OGQL1r2lupvo1_500.jpg

Benjamin Selwyn
Location: Hogwarts Express/Mood: Calm but alert/ Interactions: Daniel Lewis EmilyPower EmilyPower /Mentions: Margaret Avery: aurnia aurnia Arabella Coven: fancries1 fancries1

"When you're sorted into houses the sorting hat usually reads over all of your characteristics, even those you refuse to show or acknowledge. It can often take your choice into consideration but usually you'll find yourself in the house that fits you perfectly, it just takes time for those parts of you to show. You won't find one gryfinndor who isn't brave or one Ravenclaw who isn't creative or brilliant in their own right, the potential the hat sees may be dormant right now but I guarantee you that by your fourth or fifth year you'll start seeing those parts of you that made the hat put you where you are..when I was a first year I wasn't brave or daring in the slightest, I was more of a Hufflepuff than anything but as time went on I found myself growing into everything the sorting hat originally saw. A lot can change in seven years, don't be so quick to judge here you're placed because you weren't put there by accident." Benjamin spoke strongly as he continued to escort students to seats while they asked him any questions they had.

"What about Slytherin? Only dark witches and wizards get sorted there right?" A first year boy asked as he and a few others piled into the compartment. "I don't want to be put in there with the lot of them, that's where you-know-who was from." HE whispered the last part as if someone would reprimand him for speaking out about it.

"I've known many slytherins, some of them good some of them bad...both of my little sisters were slytherins and they just happened to lose their way. I used to believe the same thing about slytherin house but as it turns out they may be the most driven, goal-oriented, and intelligent people you'll ever meet...what they decide to do with all that potential however is up to them, not the house itself. So if you or a friend is sorted there don't be so quick to cast them out or mark them as evil they may just be the most realistic and ambitious people you'll ever meet." Benjamin sighed as he thought back to his sisters, feeling so many emotions at once: Hate. Sorrow. Envy. He wanted to forgive them but after everything they put him through and after Hannah took...her from him forgiveness just felt impossible at this point, not yet.

Benjamin was quickly shaken from his thoughts by a familiar voice, looking over his shoulder to see Daniel. "Hey, Daniel long time no see man." He found himself smiling as he moved Karma's carrier to his other hand in order to shake Daniel's hand. "And you know Professor Mcgonagall felt like I'd be a nice fit for the job, especially with a few other students taking the year off after what happened last year." He gave a shrug and a half smile before raising an eyebrow at Dan's surprise. "Uhh you may have missed a few memos, the ministry of magic is letting a few of the students who were death eaters back into Hogwarts since they were under the influence of the dark lord." He said the last part with a rather sarcastic tone. "They were all fully aware of what they were doing, especially Coven...of all people she should be in Azkaban but they decide to give her a second chance but that's only because the death eaters still have an influence over the ministry." He shook his head and looked around a bit. "You would think that the Ministry and the school wouldn't gamble with the lives of students like this but when it goes south and it will they'll just try to flip it and blame Mcgonagall...anyway I think I saw Avery to long ago." He shook his head as they were all associated with the same group as Hannah, They didn't deserve any grace they all deserved to rot just like the death eaters before them.

"Well other than that how have you been? Anything new going on? How's your family doing?

Last edited:
ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand turned towards Victoria, smirking, never actually having stopped. "Don't mind her... she is just fulfilling a prophesy I made not a minute ago..." He chuckled. "And my former teacher said I was bad at divination. Bah!" His chuckle devolved into a full-on laugh as he lightly shook his head. "As for the war... I don't know much about it. Which should show you how overstated the entire thing became. I love international relations and I study it often - and I will tell you, that while it might have changed the lives of those directly affected by it greatly - as all conflict does... it is hardly as world-shattering as they might have you suspect." He scratched his chin slightly. "Some think this war was worse because objectively the man leading it was 'the most powerful dark lord who has ever lived'. I think this is flawed thinking. It ignored consequence and resolve." He thought for a moment, raising a brow. "For instance, Grindelwald was far in away more dangerous to a far greater number of people. His plans and ideas killed millions more than Voldemort ever would have - scarring the histories of both the muggles and the magical communities of the entirety of Europe and much of America."

He shrugged. "But because Voldemort was objectively more 'evil' - we feel that his actions should carry more weight, leading most to underestimate the actions of his predecessor. Which only lends flawed perspective." He suddenly sat forwards. "Think of it like this, Voldemort barely managed to maintain a tenuous order of a single country for a few years, using fear tactics - with little international intervention - leading to maybe a few hundred deaths. Grindelwald had two superpowers after him, the full might of every auror or auror-like entity within the majority of the western magical community, his actions directly linked to the extinction of borderline destruction of the wizarding and muggle worlds."

He sat back again, shrugging. "I am not saying it was not bad. It was. Unfortunate. But it is very much like the British to laud their own resilence when the rest of the world is burning and to claim utter ruin when the rest of the world is getting along well enough. I call it their post-empire complex." He laughed. "No offence." He looked over towards the girl on the phone, rolling his eyes. "So, tell me... how come you are not sitting with anyone else? You must be past first year? Surely you will have an established group to 'hang out' with?" He asked the question, ignoring the slight implications that came with it. He had no reason to be subtle - but it was curious. She seemed likeable enough - why would she not have friends? He sensed a mystery - which meant he was intrigued.

Victoria admitted felt very taken aback, whar carriage did she manage to get herself into, one person would snub you for a muggle device and the other dismissing all the even of the last couple of years as a mere sideshow. She felt her blood boil at such a dismissal feeling affronted and it showed in her face and the clenching of her giant hand. "Heh... Easy to speak with experience of neither Grindelwart or Voldemort. You maybe right thought Grindelwart may have been worse than Voldermort, I don't know enough of the former to comment soon it." She paused taking a few deep breath to steady her anger but she felt her hand shaking.

"You ever felt fear almost all the time? Walking up in the warming fearing that you would hear about another death on the radio and this time being someone you know? You father? Mother? Little sister? Or to walk down street and see the death eater mark over a house and now all people inside were killed with nothing to be done by authorities of both worlds. Wonder if you were next by the blurting out of the wrong name or by meer whim of a death eater. To walk around at your school, a place of warmth and home, being leered and jeered at by death eaters, some trying to jinx and curse you and all because you are a half breed and they wanted a little sport. That is the worse thing about it, Grindelwart was at least trying to change the world to whar he thought was better. Voldermort and his cronies killed only for pure pleasure and power."

She took a another deep breath, trying to stop the shaking she felt, images of the battle flashing in her mind like she was there. A metallic taste in her mouth, hands bruised and coverer in blood and ears ringing from an explosion. "You know what makes up a significant amount of those mere hundreds dead? Students, no older than you most who fought in the battle for the school. I was there i tried to treat them and defend them." She choked on tears. "Have you seen friend just die by a wave of a wand or what giant's swing of his hand do to a body? Have you seen the bodies being brought so mutilated by jinxs and curses you barely recognise them knowing you could do nothing for them. You would call all that unfortunate, just British arrogance and crying wolf?!"

Mentions: A L M O S A L M O S

Eva looked up at the two, blushed, and coughed. She bolted right up, properly. "I'm so sorry about that, Victoria," she apologized, her cheeks still tinged a deep red. She quickly turned off her phone, and placed it in her pink handbag. "That was um..." she trailed off, shaking her head. "Anyway, yes, everything does seem normal.."

She was a bit thrown off at Bertrand saying "Voldemort" and "Grindelwald". Eva heard him wrong, and raised an eyebrow. "What? Moldyshorts? Grinding world?"

Little did she know, she just made fun of the two most important dark wizards of history.

She shook her head. "Horrible names. Who names their children that?" she muttered. She then heard Victoria's emotional "outburst". Eva bit her lip, thinking that this wasn't the time for her to say anything at all. She wasn't there when it all happened... she didn't witness anything.

While there were people out there who died and lost their families, Eva was at home, enjoying her parents and company. Enjoying Christmas, and presents...

And it was at that moment a tear came out of Eva's eye. She is an emotional girl. She grabbed a tissue but before she knew it, she started crying. "I'm so sorry!" Eva sobbed, wiping her tears away.

ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand sat still for a moment, considering what Victoria said when the other one started babbling. He rolled his eyes and sighed deeply. "Goodness, Oh mon Dieu! Calm down. Both of you. Grindelwald? Better world? Not killing indiscriminately? Are you implying that no children were killed under his reign of terror? No young people forced to fight to the death? No innocents were driven to madness? If we take what might have been around ten-, maybe more - million people dead - statistically, your sentiment falls short. Every horror you can imagine under Voldemort, by sheer force of probability, must have occurred in some way during Grindlewald's term. " He took another breath, letting it out as a sigh. "And while you might feel like your horrors take precedence, in ten - twenty - thirty years your entire life will at most be part of a subscript in a history textbook. The same feelings you feel, were felt right there - whether I experienced them personally or not. And just like their sentiments, tragedies and lives were reduced to statistics - so too will yours." He sniffed casually, cricking his neck.

"And when they inevitably compare the two in the future they will come to the exact same conclusion I have. That while horrible - the second war was only considered worse because of the crazy shit it's leader did - and not it's effect on the history of the world. That is fact." He took another breath. "And don't mistake my logic for a lack of care. I am not undermining what happened to you. I am offering perspective. Whether you take it, I don't really care." He turned his head towards Silver and sneered. "Could you stop your crying? While you might think yourself deeply empathetic, it is clearly a practised coping mechanism - not to share your grief - but to direct care and attention towards you in situations where you feel like you are underdeveloped to the point of irrelevance. It's not working. It's just irritating. This is her trauma. Her grief. Her's." He nodded towards Victoria, before looking back at Silver. "Your attempt at trying to hijack her heartache is pathetic." He sat back again and looked at Victoria.

"For what it's worth, I have to say that you have my admiration. I know the blood policies the Deatheaters had. Your resilience in any situation having anything to do with them is commendable - just like anyone who went through something similar. Experiences of great determination and power are not lessened when they are shared by some in similar situations. You are worthy of commendation just as all those others." He hoped she did not take that as him saying she was right. Too many people thought compliments were just hidden concessions. Another deep breath, before sighing out slowly. "I have said my piece." He closed his eyes and lay his head back against the headrest. He could feel a headache growing. Maybe he should have just apparated there... but this was perhaps the only chance he got to ride this fucking train. Damn his curiosity.

tumblr_mexjhiBlg71s01haxo1_500.gif

Daniel Lewis
Location: Hogwarts Express/Mood: Angry /Interactions: Margaret Avery aurnia aurnia , Arabella Coven fancries1 fancries1 Benjamin Selwyn Arael Arael

"You're kidding," was the first thing that came out of Daniel's mouth as Benjamin explained why there were death eaters in the school. He couldn't believe it. How could the school allow the Ministry to control them this way? How could they let death eaters come back to the school to live with the innocent students that spent the last year being terrorised by Voldemort's followers? To him, it made no sense. Everyone knew death eaters deserved to be in Azkaban or dead. Unless, of course, they had been under the imperious curse or had been forced to join the death eaters- which he knew wasn't the case for people like Margaret and Arabella. Margaret wasn't too unpleasant, but she was a member of the Avery family- one of the sacred 28 pure-blooded families. There was no way she didn't agree with what she had been raised to believe. With Arabella, it was obvious. She had always let her discrimination for people who she deemed "lesser" than her show. She wasn't ashamed of it, nor did she care about other people's feelings. He could remember hearing about her accomplishments from other death eaters and survivors of her attacks. From what he'd heard; she was ruthless, and one of the many death eaters most people wouldn't be too sad to hear she'd passed away.

"My family? Oh, oh yeah. We're...well, we're okay. My mom's still a bit shaken after the war and what happened to my sister but I think we're getting by okay. They didn't want to let me come back, actually. My dad wanted to send me to that magic school in America- Ilvermorny, I think. But I was able to talk him out of it," Daniel replied, although he seemed quite distracted while speaking. He couldn't shake the war and the fact that actual death eaters were going to join them for the school year out of his head. "I'm sorry, Ben. But I really need to take care of this. You can come with me, if you want."

The train had already left the station and was in full motion, which made it harder to walk to the compartment that contained the death eaters. Eventually, and after a few minutes of trying not to fall thanks to the train's movement, he found Arabella and Margaret's compartment. The binds had been pulled down, but people were still hanging around the compartment and looking inside through the window in the door, probably trying to confirm if the death eaters were indeed inside. "Sorry, I'm sorry. Coming through, guys. Prefect business," Daniel softly called out, making the small crowd leave the prefect alone. Without waiting for an invitation, Daniel opened the door and stood underneath the threshold.

"So, it's true. You've really been brought back," Daniel said. His usual calm and friendly smile had left his face and had been replaced by a serious look. "How could you? After everything you've done. Do you understand what your return will do to these children and their families? Do you think its healthy for them to share a classroom with the people who killed their loved ones?" He asked. His voice was close to breaking, but he tried his best to appear calmed and collected. He couldn't help but think of his little sister, and the grief and anger that came along with her loss at the hand of death eaters. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't turn you into the ministry right now, death eaters." He spoke the name as though it were venom.

Victoria was not in the right state of mind to see his argument more than him being a prick or prude always having to be right. She felt the urge to just leave but the thought of having to trudge through the short passageway made her stay. If she was going to stay she wouldnt let the argument go by just like that but she wasnt in the right state for it. She tried to calm herself and steady her nerves muttering a slow song. It seemed to work as she felt all memories fade and her hands steady. She looked up to him.

"As i said..." She said after a few more seconds as she considered her words. "I cant say i know enough about Grindelwart to comment on whether he or Voldermort was harsh. Such discussion worth is purely academic and not what my point was. It is not ten years yet, what happened is not statistics to plenty of people. Telling people the suffering would be considered nothing or what essentially is "oh you are making it worse than it is" is neither comforting or kind, frankly it makes you come cold and insulting even when you are trying to be sympatheric. Yes logicaly you are right but what people feel about such things are not logical. You will find sometimes that you benifit more just trying to be kind and sympethic like her rather than right and logical." She said calmly and even formed a kind smiled."Some advice that was my intention, i ... I apologise that it turned into an argument, the wounds of last year are still raw and still affect."

She turned and smiled at Eva, showing she appreciated her appology and her sympathy before turning to look out the window.

187032_original.gif

Arabella Coven
Location: Hogwarts Express - Mood: Mad - Interactions: Margaret Avery aurnia aurnia Daniel Lewis EmilyPower EmilyPower

Arabella gave a small whistle in reaction to Margaret's revelation of her brother's crush on her. She couldn't remember her brothers really well, and knew little about them other than they were younger than she and Margaret were. Had she known about her brother's little crush on her, she probably would've been paying more attention to the lad. Naturally, her attention would be focused on teasing the poor kid more than anything- but it was still attention nonetheless.

"Oooh, so the little Avery kid has a crush on me, huh? Isn't that adorable," she replied with a chuckle. "You tell me just in time, too. My parents had arranged this marriage deal during the war, to keep the bloodline pure- you know how it is. I was supposed to marry this older death eater who, unfortunately, died during the battle. I know, heartbreaking. Maybe your little brother is just the casanova I need!" Arabella explained, letting a second pass before bursting into laughter. "I'm joking, I'm joking. Your brother wouldn't be able to handle me even if he tried. I'll be sure to give him a kiss on the cheek next time we meet, though. See how red he gets when that happens."

All of the sudden, the compartment door open and Daniel Lewis, of all people, walked inside. Arabella's nose wrinkled and she narrowed her eyes at the sight of Daniel. It was no secret the two disliked each other. With their constant fighting in the hallways and trying to sabotage one another (more accurately, Arabella trying to sabotage him), everyone knew the hatred they had for one another. To her, it was no surprise to see him complaining so early. She knew he lived with his parents in the muggle world, meaning he probably missed the news about the Ministry pardoning her and letting her return to Hogwarts to finish her education. He'd probably assumed she was dead or in Azkaban with the rest of the Death Eaters. How disappointing it must've been to see her healthy as always, ready to return to the school she'd tried to bring down months ago.

"Lewis, I see you've been made a prefect. How disappointing, I'd assumed they would pick someone semi-competent to replace me and the rest of last year's prefects. A shame, but I understand the change. McGonagall would obviously choose such a kind soul to represent the honor of Hufflepuff house," Arabella replied with a sarcastic smile. "Well, I can't say I'm glad to see you. Especially now that I see you've only come here to give me the same speech I've heard about a million times in the past four months. So I'll make this very clear for you," she paused, and slowly rolled up her sleeve covering the scar left by her dark mark. "See this? It's just a scar. It doesn't move, it doesn't work, and it doesn't mean anything. I left the Dark Lord during the Battle of Hogwarts, and haven't looked back ever since. Ever since then, I've come clean, apologised, and gave my sob story to the Ministry. I don't know if you've read the news recently, but I've been pardoned on the count of being a minor and not knowing what I was doing. I am legally allowed to be ere, and so is Margaret. So how about you fuck off and go complain to McGonagall instead?"

tumblr_mq1wgbSbWS1sz380oo1_500.gif

Margaret Avery
Location: Hogwarts Express // Mood: stunned, irritated, shame // Interactions: EmilyPower EmilyPower // Mentions: fancries1 fancries1

Margaret was about to shoot back some witty remark to Arabella's marriage idea when the door opened and Daniel Lewis of all people stepped inside. Of all the bloody idiots on the train, of course it had to be him to confront them first. She had to force herself to meet his eye, her flawless poker face in use as she watched Arabella tell him off with a cool smirk, though inside she was burning with shame.

Though Arabella had easily rolled up her sleeve to reveal the tattoo on her arm, Margaret tugged her sleeve down a bit further without thinking about it and crossed her arms across her chest. She wasn't even remotely proud of the rumors that surrounded her name now. Those were supposed to die with her father.

"Now be a good little badger and scurry off," she added, feeling eyes on her now from behind the prefect," and take your audience with you. If you lot have a problem with us, it would be appreciated if you could keep it to yourself. We'll do the same. No one's asking you to be friends with us."

She put extra emphasis on this point, feeling irritation build in her at his tone. It wasn't like everyone who'd been dragged into the death eaters had murdered families willy-nilly with a smile on their face. She'd... she'd even tried to stop someone from being killed. It wasn't like she'd succeeded, but she hadn't killed the girl, and she wouldn't have even if she'd been asked.

Even when he wasn't looking at her, she felt those eyes on her, boring into her. Somehow knowing, but still completely clueless all the same.

33713d15a8ca3047090cea23f5c29962.jpg

Benjamin Selwyn
Location: Hogwarts Express/Mood: Calm but alert/ Interactions: Daniel Lewis EmilyPower EmilyPower /Mentions: Margaret Avery: aurnia aurnia Arabella Coven: fancries1 fancries1

"I wish I was, they announced it over the summer I'm surprised you didn't hear about it." Ben gave a nervous smile as he tried to carefully explain the situation, knowing how strongly Daniel felt about the death eaters since he suffered a great loss as well.

"America? that's a big move, but at least your parents are still around. Once word got out about Hannah and Marissa the Aurors were on my parents instantly but I guess someone tipped them off because when I got home the place was cleared out." He shrugged but offered Daniel a smile. "I'm glad to see you stuck around though." He understood his parents concern even though he wanted to believe that the worst was over he couldn't not with the ministry just letting death eaters walk and return to Hogwarts of all places, they were giving them too much freedom too fast and not taking the risk into consideration or the parents concern for their children.

As the train began moving he tightened his grip on Karma's carrier as he shifted lightly, the small feline hissing a bit as she wanted to be let out. Benjamin turned his head from the fussy kitten and back to Daniel as he wanted to confront the ex death eaters and he wasn't going to let him do it alone. "Like hell I'm gonna let you deal with those two by yourself." Benjamin stated before getting up and following behind him and ushering students to the side as they walked. "Excuse us. Sorry uh prefect business." He awkwardly flashed his prefect badge as they moved through the crowds until Daniel stopped in front of a compartment and immediately let himself in while Benjamin moved to the other side of Daniel, looking over the two girls while his best friend unloaded on the pair letting them know right away that they shouldn't be here and of course Arabella had a swift comeback which was complete bullshit in Ben's eyes.

"Didn't know what you were doing? you know damn well what you did and you were in complete control the whole time so don't feed us that whole I was under a dark influence bullshit." Ben felt his anger rising as he spoke, his mind drifting four months back. "You ran like a coward because everything came crashing down and your so called lord was killed by a child again. You were on the losing team from the start and now that you have no one to hide behind you want to play victim..you make me sick, both of you should be rotting in a cell with the rest of your friends and family."

"And you...sad to say I actually expected you to be different." He had turned his attention towards Margaret who much like him had younger siblings to take care of but she was also a smart girl which made her dumb decision all the more disappointing.

7ba612aae52bb5b388bf68a425fd9b08--beautiful-wallpaper-beautiful-redhead.jpg

Katherine Blackwell
Location: Hogwarts Express/ Mood: Calm/ Interactions: Daniel Lewis EmilyPower EmilyPower /Mentions: Margaret Avery: aurnia aurnia Arabella Coven: fancries1 fancries1

Katherine walked quietly through the platform, keeping her head down in case anyone noticed her but the odds of that were fairly slim as her father somehow managed to keep her name off the ministry's watch list and convinced them that she was being forced to work for Voldemort as well as a few of her other friends. But everyone at Hogwarts knew the truth and how she was involved on her own free will and was in fact a very faithful servant and proved that on multiple occasions. The truth being that she was obsessed with the idea of power and was drawn to the idea of obtaining more.

She kept her hood over her head as she walked, pulling her bags behind her and shifting slightly as she felt Azmodan slithering around her neck. "I know baby we'll get you out of the cold soon enough." She smiled and closed her cloak a bit in order to keep him warm. As she pushed through the barrier and came out on the other side, wanting to turn back instantly as the air was filled with dread and worry from all the surrounding families She was already given the speech by her father about her return and how those who knew about her actions would blame her and hate her and the affect she had on families which was evident by all the gloomy looks on the families and returning students. "Damn I guess everyone needs a hug or two." she muttered under her breath before reaching into her pocket and grabbing her prefect badge which was reluctantly returned to her by McGonagall after her father and the ministry met with the school.

"I suppose I should make good use of this, what say you?" She asked while nudging the currently shrunken serpent who was clearly unhappy about his current state but proceeded to give a raspy hiss in response which made the red head chuckle as she approached the train and handed her bags off to one of the Slytherin seventh years she knew, batting her eyelashes innocently before he gave a heavy sigh as he took her bags and began loading them. "Too easy." she chuckled and boarded the train herself as it began moving a few minutes later. The atmosphere was much warmer and Azmodan was now much more active as he moved around her shoulder and began examining the area from underneath the corner of her hood.

She was nearing the back of the train as she pushed her way through crowds, a light hissing could be heard from beneath her hood as she parted the sea of confused first years and began pointing them in the direction of more empty seats. But soon enough she caught a glimpse of Benjamin Selwyn, one of the last people she wanted to see right now especially after what happened. Even though she wasn't directly involved she still felt responsible and had only told a few close friends about what happened that night with Hannah and Ben, she also noticed Daniel who seemed to be expressing himself rather harshly to someone in the compartment that the two were facing and it wasn't long before Ben began laying into them. So out of great curiosity Kat decided to venture closer quietly as she walked up behind Ben, catching a glimpse of both Arabella Coven and Margaret Avery both ex death eaters and acquaintances of hers, once Ben had finished his verbal attack on the two Katherine gave a soft laugh as she stepped between the two boys. "Well I wonder how you feel about me." she smiled up at him and gave Daniel a soft nudge with her shoulder before looking over at both of the girls. "Ladies...it's been a while, don't tell me you're already in trouble with the authorities." she said the last part rather jokingly as she stepped inside the compartment and took a seat, crossing one leg over the other as she looked over them all.

"Oh please don't stop on my behalf, please carry on."

giphy.gif

Margaret Avery
Location: Hogwarts Express // Mood: Offended, Angry // Interactions: Arael Arael // Mentions: fancries1 fancries1 EmilyPower EmilyPower Arael Arael

Margaret barely registered Katherine walk into their compartment, greeting her with a quick nod before standing up, eyes fire, and locking her gaze on Selwyn now. She knew her outburst wouldn't be very slytherin-like of her, but hey, the hat had said she would've been a great gryffindor five years ago, and right now she couldn't care less about what everyone there thought of her.

"You know what, Selwyn?" she began, her native accent much more prevalent in her low, dangerous tone," I knew what I was doing with
everything I did. I've got four little siblings, one on this train, and you know that. I've done some horrible things, all to protect them, but nothing you wouldn't have done. Don't give me your bullshit, gryffindor hero act; if you knew some of the things I did, maybe you'd shut your stupid mouth! When you hold someone else's life in your hands and-and..." she trailed off, her voice having risen to a yell, breaking with emotion as she remembered that night, remembered that girl. She hadn't had time to mourn that summer, and it all came crashing down on her then, all because of the two bloody idiots that stood before her,"and fail, and experience that, then! Then you can call me a coward!"

She paused for a moment, releasing her wand from the vice-like grip at her side and letting out a breath, closing her eyes briefly before looking back to him, the anger in her eyes anything but gone, though her features now held a perfectly practiced calm about them. She knew absolutely no one in that compartment had any idea what she was talking about now, though she was sure they all had a different idea of what it was.

"I know you lost someone in the war," her tone was much quieter now, her past words ringing in her ears in the silence that had pursued," I know... I cared about her too... she was my friend... But don't you take that out on us, don't you take that out on our families. And, even though I know it must be extremely hard for you, don't ever make assumptions like that without knowing your facts. You dated a ravenclaw, didn't you?"

She cast a look behind her to the two girls in the compartment very clearly telling them not to follow her, and shoved past Selwyn and Lewis. Margaret needed some air before she punched one of them.

Evangeline wiped the tears off her face with a white, silky handkerchief, ignoring Bertrand's comment. She took out a hand mirror from her handbag, and flipped it open. She examined herself, and took out some mascara. She reapplied the mascara and placed it back into her bag. She took out some lipgloss and reapplied that as well on her lips. She then pressed her lips together so the lipgloss can spread out. She placed that in the bag as well, along with her hand mirror.

She then looked around the room. It takes every single inch in her body not to gag at the sight of the cabin. Seriously, white paint? The dark blue contrasts horribly with the brown wooden window. A lighter blue carpet at the bottom? Pah-lease!

Eva bit her lip, and in her head, decided which color would be perfect for the cabins. Maybe... purple? No... it's too dark... she thought, shaking her head. Pink? No... pink is too cheerful. So is yellow. She sighed. Blue? Ew! Blue reminds her of... Bertrand.

She glanced at him, resisting a disgusted face. There is such a thing called too much blue. Seriously, sure, Eva's favorite color is pink, but even she knows her limits. Currently, she's wearing a gray jacket with a baby pink shirt. Her short, ruffle skirt is gray, but her pumps are pink.

Maybe.. gray? She nodded, happily. The walls should be light gray... and the seats could be dark gray! Along with the carpet. The wood along the window could be white! Contrasts perfectly! And the decorations shouldn't be there... that would be too much. She nodded in approval, grinning around the room.

logan+lerman.gif

She's such a handful, Jason thought as he placed his phone away. Can't I just leave and go see Eva? I could care less being a prefect, anyway. He sighed, and got up from his seat, running a finger through his hair. He got up, and walked out the cabin. It's kind of difficult, since the train is moving. He opened a few cabins to see if Eva's on any of them. He's grown a bit... protective after that incident.

He then opened the door to a cabin with Arabella, Daniel, Benjamin, and Margaret. He immediately sensed tension in the air. "Fuck, she's not in here," he muttered. "Uh, sorry to disturb everyone..." he immediately closed the door and started to open the other cabin doors again, having no luck.

"Isn't he that mudblood slytherin?"

"Ah! He is!"

"He doesn't deserve that prefect badge!"

"Ladies~"
Jason said, with a smirk. He winked at them and pulled up three roses. "For... each of you beautiful witches~" He gave all them one rose.

"Even though he's a muggleborn slytherin... he's so hot!"

fancries1 fancries1 EmilyPower EmilyPower aurnia aurnia Arael Arael

MV5BMTQ5NjQ0Nzc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMzNTU0NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Connor Bright
Location: Hogwarts Express Mentions: aurnia aurnia Interactions: EmilyPower EmilyPower fancries1 fancries1 @Are

Connor watched as Jason left the prefect cabin, after putting away a strange device that he didn't really know anything about. Connor could hear the light muttering of other people in the cabins asking about the Mudblood Slytherin Prefect. He shook his head, but stood when he heard shouting coming from one of the cabins near by. He walked out of the prefect cabin and approached the door where a group of students had gathered.

"Go!" He commanded, flashing his prefect badge and waving them away. They scattered, as he took a deep breath and listened to the last bit of the conversation, before the door the the cabin opened and Margaret Avery pushed passed him, almost knocking him over. He looked into the cabin and saw Ben, Daniel, Arabella, and Katherine. He stepped in clearing his throat. Pulling the attention to him, as he looked around at everyone.

"What is going on here?" He asked looking at the four, Connor glanced at the two of boys, he knew their frustration surrounding many of the death eater students that had been at the Battle of Hogwarts. But he also knew it was emotionally driven, everyone had done terrible things that night, many, like Connor, had killed that night to save his friends, and countless others in the battle. All of their hands had blood on their hands. He turned to Ben and Daniel, "We're prefects, this is not how we should be acting. Regardless of whether or not we agree with the decision of the ministry or not."

(Wrote this on my phone, so I’m sorry if I’m missing information or i over looked something.)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back