• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwarts: The Aftermath (In Character Roleplaying)

Lore

The Second Wizarding War took the world by storm, destroying everything in its path and leaving a long and dark trail of suffering behind. Less than a year after the war came to an end, Hogwarts was returned to its former glory and its doors were re-opened for those brave enough to return to the school after the final battle.
The war was not something that would easily be forgotten. No matter how hard the students of Hogwarts tried to forget the suffering they endured during the war, they couldn't shake away the feeling of dread that remained from the dark years that Voldemort was in power.
In the aftermath of the war, tensions run high between the young witches and wizards who chose to fight Voldemort, and the few who chose to fight with him. The school that was once a place for friendship and tolerance became a hellhole filled with rivalries and treachery. Most would see this as a tragedy, but some see it as an opportunity.

An unnamed group has risen from the ashes. Sending promises of chaos and suffering to the students of Hogwarts. Their goal? To take control of the school, and bring it back to the way it was during the Second Wizarding War. No one knows who they are, or what their motives are. But one thing is clear. Hogwarts, as they know it, will never be the same again.

Rules

1. No mary or gary sues. Remember I can reject any character if I find them to be flawless.

2. No Godmodding.

3. Try to post at least once a week. I'll understand if you can't, but please tell me and the others if you cant post for whatever reason. I understand real life always comes first and wont be angry.

4. No killing without permission.

5. You can play a canon character or someone related to a canon character, but please inform me first.

6. You can have as many characters as you want.

7. Try to keep drama inside of the rp.

8. At least 1 paragraph per post.

9. Your character can be a vampire, or a werewolf, or a veela, or whatever. But you need to explain why they got these qualities in their backstory. (Bonus points if you include how it has affected them).

code by spookie spookie

Last edited:
upload_2017-12-26_10-6-41.png

Daniel Lewis

The first thing Daniel noticed when he arrived at platform 9 3/4 was that the usual feeling of excitement most students held during the first day of school had been replaced by pure dread and anxiousness. The number of students in the station had decreased considerably, but the ones who remained missed the euphoria that used to be so common amongst the Hogwarts students returning to the castle. It wasn't just the students. The parents and other family members of the students were just as uneasy as they were. Constantly looking over their shoulders, making sure their children were protected and knew what to do in case of another death eater attack, and checking if they were sure they wanted to return to the school. Daniel felt the same way. The memories of the war and the effect it had on Hogwarts were still clear in his mind, and he couldn't help but wonder if the same thing could happen again. Yet, despite his fear, he returned to the school with a smile plastered on his face. He knew that if he wanted things to change, to go back to the way they were, then the school was going to need his help. The students already trusted him for his help during the previous years, which he hoped could be used in order to help them move on from the war.

"Are you sure you want to go back, honey? It's not too late to go back. I'm sure the others will understand," asked his mother, who was walking behind him next to her husband. His parents were understandably reluctant to letting their son go, considering they'd lost their only daughter because of the war months ago. Daniel understood why it was hard for them to watch their son to leave so soon, especially considering he was returning to the place where he was almost killed during the final battle. Daniel didn't want to leave them alone either. After all, they were still coping with their daughter's death and needed the help of their son to do it. But he couldn't turn his back on Hogwarts, not after everything he'd gone through to keep it and its students safe while Snape was the headmaster.

"Mum, I'll be fine. Besides, I'm a prefect now and I can't just ignore my responsibilities!" He replied, briefly turning back to face his mother and then turning around to keep walking towards the train.

"We just don't want you getting hurt, son. Can't they just find another prefect? One who isn't a muggleborn?" That was his father. The paranoia in muggle families was still persistent even after the war ended. They could still remember the prejudice of the death eaters and having to fear for their lives after being targeted for years. His father had almost hidden away his prefect badge before they left to the station, thinking that his son would be a target for the few remaining death eaters if he was placed in an important position.

"No, dad, they can't. I was chosen for a reason and don't plan to take this responsibility lightly. Besides, the death eaters are all gone!" Daniel exclaimed. "Look, I know you're nervous. I'm nervous too! But I can't just let fear guide me and spend the rest of my life hiding. We need to move forward and forget everything that happened in the war."

"Forget what happened in the war? Do you really want to forget what happened to us, Daniel? Forget your sister?" His mother replied. The tears forming in her eyes made Daniel's heart break. He couldn't bear to see people crying, especially when that person was his mother.

"I...no, of course not! I just- it's complicated, alright? What matters is that nothing is going to happen to me, I promise. Now, if you'll excuse me, I should go help the other prefects get the first years on to the train." This time, he didn't wait for a response, he didn't want to argue with his parents about the subject of him leaving. Instead, he gave his parents a hug and ran towards one of the train's entrances. Proudly displaying the prefect badge on his Hufflepuff robes and with a wide smile on his face, he called out. "First years! First years come with me and board the train before all the seats run out! First years, this way!"

Bertrand Ryker (BLUE), 17 - 7th Year - Ravenclaw
Ryker.jpg

Bertrand walked through the stone archway that separated the muggle side of Kings Cross with that of the Hogwarts Express. Over his ears a pair of earphones sat, carefully positioned to not disturb his slicked back locks. The technology was revolutionary, and he supposed he should be thankful for his uncle's generosity - bringing him what was perhaps the first portable digital music player - produced in South Korea and launched only a few months ago. Walking in tune with Bach's 'D' major Concerto for Harpsichord, he squared his shoulders and rose his chin a fraction more - peering at the rather despondent crowd that had formed from behind his blue sunglasses. He felt his mother tap him on the shoulder, and he removed one of the earbuds and turned an ear towards her.

"Mon cher fils! How dreary - are you sure you would not rather go back? I am sure Beauxbatons would take you back immédiatement!" She clung to his light blue blazer, her eyes concerned as she looked the rest of the students over - a sneer threatening to from as she automatically judged their clothes and bearing. She stood out like a beacon among them - her style and grace second nature, contrasting heavily with the more 'homey' and caring - informal behaviours of those around them. He took off his earphones completely and placed the device away in his travel bag. She had heard some of what had happened over the last few years, and naturally, she was worried. His father had voiced his concerns as well. But they had talked through it before. This was not an attempt to convince him to change his mind. It was simply what anyone would have expected from a mother... and he appreciated the notion. It was his job to play the part of son, in turn.

"Mère chérie... I would not be able to bear the thought of staying behind while you and père move away. My curiosity would be the death of me." He smiled at her, placing one comforting hand on her's while holding her cheek with the other. She would not cry, her makeup was far too expensive for that - but the telltale glistening showed that she was more worried than she had let on. He looked over towards his father - who stood much taller than the two of them, sporting the same blond hair as his son. "You will take care of her, non? Find her a handsome British lad to take her mind off me and my troubles. She has always been fascinated with 'uncouthness' and 'rural' charm, which is what they do best... Possibly a farm hand will do." He laughed loudly as his mother gave him a watery grin, and his father nodded - offering a silent promise - his eyes conveying that he shared in their humour. He picked up his bags again, waving his wand in an elegant manoeuvre over them - wordlessly sending the luggage towards the train. His father stepped forward and fixed his pocket square - keeping a steadying hand on his mother's shoulder.

"We will be in London. You contact us whenever you need anything. We will secure it for you. If I am away on a trip, and your mother is busy - we will extend your requests to the rest of our network. We will keep you informed as to our locations." He nodded once, a faint smile as he did so, offering comfort to both Bertrand and his mother. Bertrand stepped up, kissing them both goodbye, - his mother already moving towards the exit - before he started walking over towards the train - a careless flick of the wrist - and his carry on bag floated on behind him. He turned once more, in the doorway of the train - watching them leave.

"Au revoir! Je vous aime tous les deux!" They both turned for a moment, waved at him, before reaching the exit - hugging each other as they finally went beyond his line of sight. He looked over the rest of the group still gathered around the area. It was clear that most of the parents were going to spend every available moment saying goodbye. It was sure to be noisy - and get even more so before long. Best to get to a carriage and get settled in before then. Maybe cast a few silencing charms. As he turned around he heard the crying and whining start and he barely managed to suppress the sneer that threatened to form. He hastened down the thin walkway until he reached an empty cabin near the back. He went in, placed his bag on the shelf near the top after taking out a book to read. He sat down, after casting a quick scourgify on the seats, and pulled down the cover for the windows looking out of the cabin - casting a silencing charm across the entire room. Reclining, he opened his book - hoping that perhaps, since so few students arrived, he might have the cabin for himself until he reached the school.

Open for interaction

MV5BMTQ5NjQ0Nzc1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMzNTU0NDE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Connor Bright

Connor took a deep breath, pushing through the wall of platform 9 and 3/4, emerging into the hidden world of the Hogwarts Express. He was unsure of what to expect considering everything that had happened a few months ago. His sibling emerged behind him, his oldest brother pressing a hand on his shoulder, urging him to continue walking. His brother had opted to come to see them off as both his parent had pressing family matter to attend to that just could not wait.

The first thing that struck Connor was the underwhelming amount of student that happened to be mulling around the platform giving their luggage or other items to the attendants. He noticed that not many of the kids had entered the train yet, meaning this years attendance was very low. The second thing that struck him was the air of anxiety and anticipation that hung in the area and was plastered on the students face. Many of the parents had looks of concern and worry plastered on their faces. Everyone was on edge, which was to be expected to be expected. No one knew what was to come and no one knew what to expect.

“You guys ready?” Bray asked, as they stopped near an attendant of the train, who immediately started to unload there things into the train.

“Yeah, its gonna be interesting. Last time I was there I was fighting for my life.” Connor answered looking around the platform spotting Daniel over by the side talking to his parent, “I do have to go help the other prefects with the first years. Jenna, Fallen, I’ll find you guys at the welcome feast later.”

This year was definitely going to be an interesting year. He knew that Hogwarts was going to have a different vibe to it, everyone in the battle was still recovering, which explained the lack of upper years at the train station. Many parents were too afraid to send their kids back to school, not wanting to risk the chance of another attack or some other matter entirely. For Connor it would be hard to see the school grounds with out thinking of the bodies that littered it the last time he walked the grounds.

Connor hugged each of them feeling the anxiety to pour off of them in waves, they had ben among the kids that escaped with the lower years right before the Death Eater has attacked the school. He began walking off in the direction of the other prefects, pulling his Ravenclaw cloak further around him, to keep it from billowing behind him at his quickened pace, passing by three very well dressed individuals that stuck out among the crowd. Along the way he noticed that many of the older kids, were being pressed by their parents about wanting to return to Hogwarts after the war. He shook his head and continued along making his way towards the first, where he could see Daniel trying to manage the excite kids ready to go to Hogwarts. He ran his hand through his hair tousling it a bit before jumping into the fray. Shouting a quick hello to Daniel, who had separated from his parents, and was now in front of the first year student, answering questions and anything that kids wanted to know.

Open For Interaction

giphy.gif

Margaret Avery
Location: Platform 9 3/4 & Hogwarts Express // Mood: cautious, nervous, protective of her brother // Interactions: open

Margaret and her eldest brother, Elliot, had taken the floo to the platform. Without their mother, as she was afraid of being attacked for her husband's crimes- as if her children didn't share her fear. Subconsciously, Margaret tugged at the sleeve of her simple black jumper that hid the terrible mark that screamed to everyone else "I'm one of them! I'm a criminal! A traitor! A threat!" Though in her past she might've sneered at and made fun of the new first years, especially those she could tell were muggle-borns, she kept her head down, prompting her brother to do the same. They had three other, younger siblings, though Mrs Avery had insisted that they all be sent to Beauxbatons or Durmstrang or any other wizarding school than hogwarts. They were alone here, and it didn't take long to feel like it after a few of the older students began recognizing her face. Margaret pulled her brother closer to her, nearly being able to hide him in her black and green robes if it weren't for his trunk and almost-as-tall-as-her height.

Electing they were getting enough attention anyways, Margaret straightened her posture and angled her chin up, her dark eyes scanning the crowds around them with a bit more of a haughty air. Though it might've made it easier for those about her to notice her and begin their gossiping, many less people met her eyes for more than a second or two, and she could relax her grip on Elliot's arm just a bit. Margaret instructed Elliot to give his bags -
"gently!" - to the slytherin prefect helping out a few first years. This gained an annoyed eye-roll from her brother, but Margaret knew that, for now, only people in her house might help her and her brother, as their last name was tied with the Death Eaters. Margaret turned her brother to her before he could run off.

"Now you stick with your friends, alright? No funny buisness, no pranking other students-" this gained the beginning of a protest from the fourth year,"- none, Elliot Grayson! Always, always be cautious. I'll check in with you again tomorrow at breakfast."

She scanned his brown eyes with hers until she was certain he understood and would- for the most part- follow her words, then let him go to run off to a couple of slytherins and a ravenclaw she knew as his friends. Margaret knew she'd been acting like some fussy old bat of a mother, but from the burning looks she could feel sent her way from all directions, she just wanted to be sure her brother was safe, like she always had. No matter how she hid the mark on her arm with clothing or makeup or whatever, the students around her knew what she'd done, and there was no changing that.

Letting out a stiff breath through her nose, Margaret steeled her expression and put away her own luggage, bumping shoulders with one of the prefects- a hufflepuff she thought, catching a glimpse of yellow out of the corner of her eye- and muttering a quick apology before climbing aboard the train. Heading for the back, she noticed one compartment with the blinds drawn shut, and noted to maybe do the same if she ever found an empty one of her own. Finally, she did find one that was a bit too close to the center of the train for her liking, but still empty. Plopping down onto one of the seats she let out a tired sigh. She cast her eyes to the platform below and tried not to notice how few students were actually milling about there, and how many parents were for sure trying to convince them to miss that year at school. It was going to be a long year, Margaret could feel it.

Last edited:

teen-wolf-crew-member-hints-dylan-obrien-wont-return-for-season-6.jpg
Barry Elliot Noble
Feeling: || Scared/Nervous/Anxious || Location: Kings Cross Station/Hogwarts Express ||Interactions: N/A, Open

Unlike many of the returning students, Barry was completely alone. Kind of. Dragging his eyes from the city that raced by the taxi he would look to the driver, watching him focus on weaving through the traffic towards Kings Cross. Barry rubbed Freya's head as the taxi slowed, the small cat meowing quietly. The black cat was never one for travel, and required Barry to hold her close, or wrap her snuggly in his old, grey overcoat. "Alright, that will be... 13 pounds." Giving a short nod, Barry would carefully count out the money, 13 pounds exact and hand it over before popping the door open and climbing out, boosting Freya to sit on his shoulders, her tail curling around his neck. Grabbing his small amount of luggage he would slowly make his way to the wall between platform nine and platform ten before stopping, staring at the wall.

Just looking at the red brick that was used to magically conceal the Wizarding train brought back a flood of emotions Barry had promised himself he would not feel. This was a new year. The War was over. He doesn't have to be on edge now. Taking a deep breath he would run a hand through his short, dark brown hair before walking briskly into the wall, vanishing from the muggle perspective, reappearing on the wizarding side.

Right away things were... different. It should be no surprise, but the air in the station was decidedly chill, a glooming hanging around the students and parents milling about. Barry would step to the side so that more people could enter the station as he looked about, trying to spot any friendly familiar face that did not end up dying. Failing to do so he would cast his gaze downwards, staring at his ratty sneakers. He felt like a shabby poor person next to some of the families milling about, and he wasn't wrong. Being a runaway doesn't exactly provide money to buy the fanciest robes or muggle clothes. Zipping his overcoat up he would hunch his shoulders, causing Freya to meow in protest before climbing down him to settle in his one big inside pocket in his jacket. Giving a small smile to the cat he would look up, trying in vain to find the prefect for Ravenclaw so he could find a place on the train. Hopefully away from the Slytherins.

tumblr_inline_o9bsvkpMTj1rifr4k_500.gif

"Isn't she that actress? What's her name..."

"Evangeline!"

"Oh my gosh, it is!"

"Look! Her parents are there as well!"

"What is she doing here? Wait... is she going somewhere?"

Evangeline Silver, an actress, confidently walked in the train station, carefully looking everywhere for platform 9 and 3/4. She then notices a stone archway between two platforms. She grins and flips her hair, everyone staring at her. The boys around her drooling.

"Now Eva..." her mother, Maria, started, "have a good time. Don't cause any trouble." Eva looks at her parents and her little sister, coyly smiling. "Oh, don't worry, mother. I won't!" she says, waving. She then clutches her bags in her hands, and started to walk in the stone archway. She then emerges into the hidden platform and immediately notice the huge train.

The Hogwarts Express.

Eva's eyes twinkled as she happily skipped into the train, many whispers following her. "Isn't that Evangeline Silver? She's a witch?"

She walked into the train and into a narrow hallway, looking everywhere. She then comes across a nice little cabin. She grinned and looked through the window of the cabin, noticing a very handsome young man in there. He looks a few years older than Eva, and he's blonde like her.

She flips her hair once again, and opens the cabin door. "Hello! Do you mind if I sit here?" she says, poking her head in the door. Her sea green eyes twinkling and her beautiful smile spread. Her blonde curls bounce as she looks around the room. She then pursed her lips. "Are all compartments this tacky?"

Mentioned: No one || Interacting With: Betrand A L M O S A L M O S

5160a0612e1d72547daf1227bfc887c4.gif

Jason Salvator groaned as he walked in stone archway of 9 and 3/4 to enter the hidden world of the Hogwarts' train. He groaned because it's another year of going back to school.

Why was I placed in Slytherin if I'm a mudblood? he thought, carefully walking into the Hogwarts Express. He's a Slytherin prefect this year, so he has to go to that special compartment for prefects. He had changed into his prefect clothes, carrying a Slytherin badge.

Walking like an aristocrat, he walked into the train, noticing the Hufflepuff prefect, Daniel, to be shouting, "First years, over here" over again. He sneered and continued walking, his posture straight and his chin out.

Jason could care less for first years.

As he was walking in, he spotted a couple of first year girls. He winked at them and they blushed.

He then walked into the prefect cabin, and calmly sat down, his chin in the air and his posture straight.

Mentioned: Daniel EmilyPower EmilyPower || Interacting with: No one

tumblr_owrlolJYHK1tu83jzo5_r1_400.gif

Persia bit her lip as she looked at the platform between nine and ten. I guess this is it, she thought, smiling. This is where my true self would be unlocked.

She winced, because she noticed colors everywhere. Loud noises had red colors... soft noises had blue colors... people who lie have a dark red color... while those who tell the truth have golden light.

She gulped, thinking that she should keep her condition a secret, because there might be those who decide to either bully and tease her, or take advantage of her.

She takes a deep breath, and ran into the platform... many different colors of sound surrounding her.

She was then greeted with a soft... yellow and kind glow.

“First years, this way!” Persia looked at the boy who was holding a strange badge. He was near the train. She gasped, thinking that she was too late, and ran to the train. “Thanks!” She called at to the boy, waving. She then ran in, only stopping in the narrow passageway to take a deep breath.

She then continued to walk, looking for an empty cabin. She then noticed an empty one and smiled. Perfect, she thought as she opened the cabin and placed her luggage in the compartment. She then took a seat... looking out the window.

Mentioned: Daniel EmilyPower EmilyPower || interactions: open

f5796429ce39fdef8cca8923b64a96a6--attractive-guys-sexy-guys.jpg

Benjamin Selwyn
Location: Hogwarts Express/ Mood: Neutral and on edge/ Interactions:

The walk through the station seemed endless. Benjamin had the hoods on his cloak up just in case he needed to make a quick escape but also because the memories of walking through here with Sabrina flooded his brain. He could hear the faint hissing of Karma as her carrier jumped lightly on the bumpy platform. He had came alone since his parents were also on a watch list for the order, as a result they haven't been home in months after the war and the house was cleaned out of every trace of the two but the children's items remained untouched, gringotts accounts and all which didn't surprise him since he gave the Auror's all of their information except for Hannah's..he wanted to find her himself and finish exactly what they started and he wouldn't let anyone stop that not even the order even if that meant lying to all of them.

As he crossed through the barrier you could feel the dread and anxiety as parents held fast to their children, trying to reason with them not to come back. He also saw groups of friends huddled together mourning as the wounds were still fresh and they all suffered great loss in one way or another. Ben had his fair share of tears and buried a few of hid friends as well but also refused to let his emotions show right now, he had to stay strong and keep everyone in high spirits that's what his friends would want.

"come on Karma..last year, lets make it count."

Ben took a look around the station before pulling out his prefect badge, making sure it was safe before pulling his hood down and putting the badge on his cloak. He made his way onto the train silently before loading his own luggage and picking up Karma's carrier gently before walking down the platform and calling out in a rather commanding voice: "First years this way! First years board the train here!" He gathered a small crowd that looked rather unsure but he decided to give them all a reassuring smile as he boarded the train and began escorting a few students to empty compartments until they were all seated. He paused briefly in the center of the train, looking into one of the compartments at a red headed slytherin girl..he knew her, she was one of those death eaters. His gaze sharpened and it took Karma shuffling wildly in her carrier to get his attention again as he stepped back out towards the entrance, spotting Daniel and Connor shouting out a quick greeting before helping a few more first years load their luggage and find places to sit. A small group of them asking questions about the school and houses which he answered happily, finally able to take his mind off the other events.

Open to interactions:

Michael Rosen Harriott
Interaction: None, available

Everytime they got closer and closer to the station Mike repeatedly yanked his mother's sleeves and called her mother multiple times.

"You know mum, Oxford is accepting new students this year"

The middle aged woman sighed heavily after hearing the repeated excuse her son's been throwing her way.

"We've been through this 10 times Michael"

Michael massages his temple chuckling slightly

"Well I won't keep saying that if you just put my path integral formulation paper to your friends? I mean I have an astrophysics professor as my mother, you'd think getting a recommendation letter is just like a walk in the park right"

She chuckles

"You think I'm going to give you a free pass? You're still a child Mikey, I don't want you missing any sort of teenage years you can have.."

The boy scoffed at her mother's response

"Or maybe you just really hate me and don't want me around you"

Listening to this, the professor raised his right hand and hits him lightly on the shoulder

"I'd never want that and don't you dare think of me that way! Look Mike, I want you to have what I haven't got, I want you to enjoy what I couldn't, I want you to have friends and talk to people! You're not the only genius in this house, I know how it felt, believe me you do not want to miss this experience"

The conversation between mother and son turned sour. At this point most people would be saying their farewells and interacting positively with their guardians, but in the car it's just the complete opposite. Ms. Harriott is a busy single mother working nearly all the time and never heard of the whole crisis between Death Eaters and the ministry, to her the whole year that Michael skipped went by just like any other years. She didn't know he was developing prototype magical biovirus, magical chemical explosives, gravity defying devices or magical weaponries. When he brought some of the projects back home Ms. Harriott only thought of them as special school work. In front of the station Mike was dropped off and he carried his luggage alone. He traveled light like every year, one trunk and that's all. The middle aged woman came out of the car and groomed her young like any other mothers.

"You're going to be fine Michael, when you get back home, I promise I'll put your writings up for considerations"

"You promise?"

"Of course love" She hugged the pale young man before patting the back of his shoulder

"Now don't forget to message me alright? And this time please make it a good one, I don't want "I hate it here" or "Get me out of here" or "I want to leave" letters, make it sound happy for once yes? Make some friends!"

"I'm not making any promises mum"

The boy smiled hugging his mother tightly

"Uhh don't open the jars in my room ok? And don't open the cookie box too and don't ever spray the perfume bottle on my desk and when you're in my room don't ever say ice cream"

Like most of the times before, he made multiple experimentations and his room was extremely sterile, his mother never bothered to clean as he managed to implement a spell algorithm to do autonomous cleaning procedures making sure any dusts or any sort of filth disappeared once they built up in uncomfortably large numbers. With a last wave, Ms. Harriott got back to her car and drove off as she's needed for a conference miles away from King's Cross. Maybe it's quite sad for someone to go back to Hogwarts without any loved ones to watch over and waved him goodbye, but he's really used to it, everytime he's going back to the magic school his mum's never there, she only dropped him off outside and said her goodbyes there.

In his early years he used to stand at the entrance once he made it through the wall in 9 3/4 and just pondered how such a constuct is possible. He'd just check every points and tap the various spots to discover if it uses any sort of physical concept. He once theorized a possible quantum tunnelling event happening there, but he never got the chance to properly wrote it down. But now being used to anything just out of the ordinary he didn't have time for it anymore, once he's in the 'magic is allowed' area he snapped his fingers making a quick quotes quill along with a small journal jumped from his pocket.

"Remind me to notify the aussies the batch'll be ready in three days, uhh Rogers's package is sent so remind him to pay up in full and get it to my third account.. also remind me to refresh the dragon's dung stock"

The boy spoke like he's some sort of big bussinessman making all the deals and reading the small note repeatedly making sure his schedule is all accurate. When he's heading towards his seat he repeatedly bumped with Prefects, students, staffs, just anyone there, he tried his best to get there as quick as he can not just because he has analysis to do, but also to evade the bullying eyes that used to pick on him.

large.jpg
Alexandrine pushed through the wall of platform 9 and 3/4 silently, her mother trailing behind her, looking like hell. The car ride here was silent, a thick air of tension hanging in the air between them, she wouldn’t be surprised if the whole damn train station felt it. Her mother wore what she’d been wearing for the past week, a mans dark blue t-shirt, Renè’s to be correct, some sweats with leftover crumbs of whatever last nights dinner consisted of, grimy brown slippers that seemed to be turning black, and unbrushed, scraggly and dirty, light-brown hair, twisted in knots. Her mother looked around and scowled atvthe aspiring witches and wizards, some looking thrilled as the boarded the train.

Alex used to have brown hair too. She used to laugh and smile. She missed her mother’s smile. But when Renè was left with no sons and a grieving mother, he was out in a heartbeat, and who the he’ll could blame him? Still, her mother tried to be there as best she could. It seemed to help. Help her. Alexandrine moved to board the train begrudgingly. She didn’t want to attend this nightmare anymore. She never wanted to lay eyes on Hogwarts again. But her mother forced her too, claiming it’d be a better environment then the one she had now.

“Alex,” her mother began, stopping Alexandrine in her tracks. She forced herself to turn around. Please don’t say goodbye, she thought. She hated goodbyes.

“People are boarding.” Alexandrine said flatly, her black eyes appearing apathetic. Of course, they were contacts. They covered it up. The pain, the sadness. Instead people saw...nothing. She felt eyes on her. She had a

“They’re dead, Alex.” Her mother spoke out of exhaustion, her tone weary.

“I’m aware of that.” She replied icely, the images of Cass and Masons corpses flashed through her mind for a brief moment. Alex squeezed her palms to shut out the pain.

“This isn’t you. Cass and Mason are dead, not you.” He mother spoke gently, there’s a sadness in her eyes and for a moment she almost felt bad.

“I know, unfortunate isn’t it? For all of us.” Alex’s words sounded empty. Her mother looks like she’d been slapped. She didn’t wait to hold the conversation further, grabbing her bags, Alex turned and boarded the train, feeling her mother’s eyes on her back.

She boarded the train, feeling eyes on her all around. She wore a small black sweater dress with black tights and black ankle combat boots. Her sleek, raven black hair traveled in long thick waves down her back. She wore dark makeup with dark red lipstick, bringing out the porcelain paleness in her skin. The glances were not once of admiration but of curiosity and if strangeness. But she did not care. Once she used to care. But she does not now.

“Sit with us?” A girl offered as Alex trailed behind a few others, looking for an empty cart. She regarded her with sympathy, as if she was the weird girl with no friends. In a way, she sorta was. She also knew how these sorts friends turned out. She knew this girl, observed her as she did everyone else. She was surrounded with betrayals.

“Nope.” Alexandrine replied briskly, forcefully pushing her way through a few others to get to an empty cart. She did not seek anybody out yet. Later perhaps. She sat down by the window, she popped in her headphones silently, looking out the window in thought, dread sinking its way into her bones.

(Open for interaction)

Last edited:
Michael Rosen Harriott
Interaction: Alexandrine Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

As he recklessly navigates his way through the dense crowd, he repeatedly lifted his head up to the sides trying to identify any faces or people he might've recognized. He skipped the whole year with all the Death Eaters fiasco and instead spent a moment of brilliant research in concealed places like the Shrieking Shack. At this point people would usually started to yell or jeer at him, but when he lifted his head and assess their emotions, it doesn't take a genius to notice that subtle change. It's as if some of them saw hell and returned with souls burned yet body intact. Even some of his bullies seemed quieter for now, sure there are minor teasings, but overall it's much milder than back before the war.

"Guess something good came out from that thing.."

Before deciding where he'd sit he repeatedly peeked through the glass doors of every compartments in the Express. Slytherins, Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs for some reason he kept bumping to them and not a single Ravenclaw in sight. He almost gave up and took a seat with one of those quidditch loving Gryffindors, but after another compartment check he saw a familiar face sitting close to the windows. The male definitely remembered her. It's not just a friendly face that he just saw on occasions, but she's a real familiar close friend. After tapping the compartment's glass he'd slide it open and smiled.

"Alex? Um is that you Alex?"

She's wearing a muggle device on her head, a soundproof equipment he used to saw but never wear called a "headphone". The male dressed already in his Ravenclaw's school robes waved at her wondering if she still recognize him

"Can I sit here?"

ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand had been reading his book and did not hear her approaching, due to the silencing spell he had cast earlier. When the door opened he frowned behind his glasses, before reluctantly looking away from his novel and towards the girl that had entered. He cleared his throat before speaking, his voice coming out smooth - flavored primarily by that classic French drawl - his sharp consonants slightly more expressive due to German and Dutch influences. "Like most things... I fear like with so many things, those who decide upon these things-" He motioned to the horrible fabric "-are slaves to tradition, submitting to it indistinctement. So desperate to appease some fractured sense of history, they entertain the absurd and evade reason." He closed his book with a thud, before sitting a bit more upward. "It's not only tacky... it's pathétique." He looked her over as he spoke.

She carried herself with confidence, her actions considered and her demeanour practised. She was used to getting her way. The way she was already entering the room, mixed with that smile... she was certain that it was enough. That he would just agree. He wondered for a moment whether he should just decline. Tell her to leave. Would she have shown shock? Or would she become resentful? Would she take it as a challenge or a threat? He doubted the former... she did not seem the type to consider her actions or those of others in any great detail. She has never had to. At least on the surface. SO... was she a stupid actress, or a brilliant one playing stupid. Immediately Ryker's mind focussed in on her. Only one way to find out. Frist, set her at ease. He cleared his throat - and continued, less than a second later.

"As you seem sensible enough to not be blinded by something so... mundane - I suppose I might entertain your presence. Please, sit." He gestured to the seat across from himself. While doing so, he flicked his wrist - and the fabric cleared once more of any dust particles. "We can't have you ruining that lovely jacket of yours... it's rather... quaint." He said in explanation for the spell - before crossing his left leg over the other and leaning against the window. "I am Bertrand Ryker. I just transferred from Beauxbatons for my final year. You are?" he rose a brow in her direction - keeping his tone cordial without giving away much. "Ravenclaw, by the way."

Interaction - Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas - Gotta post now and then try and get some sleep in - will reply again later.

4bfa80e7224aac7918cbb0dea3c0468a.png

"As you seem sensible enough to not be blinded by something so... mundane - I suppose I might entertain your presence. Please, sit." He gestured to the seat across from himself. While doing so, he flicked his wrist - and the fabric cleared once more of any dust particles. "We can't have you ruining that lovely jacket of yours... it's rather... quaint." He said in explanation for the spell - before crossing his left leg over the other and leaning against the window. "I am Bertrand Ryker. I just transferred from Beauxbatons for my final year. You are?" he rose a brow in her direction - keeping his tone cordial without giving away much. "Ravenclaw, by the way."

Evangeline smiled coyly at his actions. He's such a gentleman, she thought, looking at his eyes. "Why, thank you. My name is Evangeline Silver--" she paused for a long moment, she give him her famous, sweet smile. "And I'm a first year. I'm four years late, but that's because my parents didn't want me among the war."

She tucked her whitish blonde hair behind her ear. "And I don't really know what my house is, yet."

She takes a deep breath. "I heard my friend goes here, and I'm really excited to meet him," she then blushed and looked down, thinking about Jason. She didn't mean to, but she did. "He just suddenly disappeared four years ago, and now, I had finally heard from him."

She then looked back up at Bertrand. "I don't really know much about Hogwarts... do you mind if you share some information with me?"

Mentioned: Jason Salvator Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas || Interacting With: Bertrand A L M O S A L M O S

[
187032_original.gif

Arabella Coven

Location: Platform 9 3/4 - Mood: Guilty - Interactions: Margaret Avery aurnia aurnia , Daniel Lewis EmilyPower EmilyPower

Her heels tapped loudly as she entered platform 9 3/4 with her usual confident walk, so elegant one would think she was practicing for walking down the runway in a fashion show. Despite everything she'd done during the war, and against the wishes of quite a lot of members of the Wizarding World, the Ministry of Magic had decided to spare her from a life-long sentence in Azkaban, and Arabella couldn't be happier. She dreaded being sent to Azkaban, to live the rest of her days in a dark cell, slowly being stripped of her dignity and sanity like her parents. She'd almost been sent, too. Had it not been for her remarkable acting skills that helped her convince the Ministry she deserved a second chance to redeem herself. Not even she believed that bullshit. She very well knew that her victims and their loved ones wanted nothing more than to see her be taken away to Azkaban, it was completely understandable. Arabella knew she would've wanted the same thing had she been in their position. She didn't deserve a second chance, bug it had been given to her nonetheless. Arabella had made up her mind to actually change, and not just because the Ministry threatened to send her away if she didn't.

It took her a lot of willpower not to turn her head when she caught the eyes of the other witches and wizards in the platform. Some horrified, some sad, but most were simply angry. She recognised some of the adults from the raids she'd participated in during the war, probably some of the survivors who managed to escape as their houses burned down. Some, she recognised from the battle. Either she'd fought against them, or they'd seen them harm (maybe even kill, but she couldn't remember) their loved ones. A wave of guilt fell over her as she made her way towards the train, slowly picking up the pace in hopes she could walk fast enough not to be recognised.

"You!" she heard someone call out. She'd come to the platform on her own, considering most of her family were either dead, hiding from the aurors who were still hunting down the remaining Death Eaters. or rotting away in Azkaban, so someone calling her out was unexpected, to say the least.

"Do I know you?" She replied, raising her elegant eyebrow and crossing her arms. She noticed the person who'd called her was a woman around 40, with huge bags under her eyes and grabbing the hand of a young boy who seemed to be a first year.

"Y-you're one of those Death Eaters, aren't you?" She asked, "I remember. You and your friends went to our village and burned down the houses with our neighbours still inside!" She exclaimed, now grabbing the attention of some other parents and their children who were heading towards the train. Arabella grimaced at the memory, both because of the horrifying crime she'd committed, but also because of the knowledge that she couldn't even remember the woman. She'd done so many raids and hurt so many people during the war, she couldn't even remember the faces of most of them.

"Look, I really don't have time for-" she began, but the woman cut her off nonetheless. "Please! Just hear me out! You Death Eaters took my son that night. I haven't heard from him since but I need to know if he's alive. Please! We've been looking for ages!"

"He's dead, alright? Now leave me alone!" Arabella snapped, quickly turning back around as she heard the woman starting to wail behind her. In truth, she didn't know who her son was. But if he'd been taken by the Death Eaters and was still missing 4 months after the war, he was undoubtedly dead. Now with her confident walk and elegant demeanour gone, she began to push her way through the crowd. She needed to get away from all those parents and their grief for their lost children. One more second surrounded by those devastated expressions would drive her insane faster than Azkaban ever could.

"Out of my way, asshole," she growled at a Hufflepuff prefect who was trying to guide the first years inside the train as she pushed him and entered the train. She and Daniel had never had a good relationship thanks to her pure blood supremacy ideas, and she couldn't help her jealousy after realising he'd been made a prefect. She missed having that privilege, but hadn't even thought about asking McGonagall to give her back her badge. She'd been lucky enough the Headmistress had admitted her back into the school after the war, but she knew she couldn't try her luck by asking her to make her a prefect after tormenting the students for such a long time.

Despite the lack of students, most compartments seemed to be occupied by at least one person. Every time she stopped outside of a compartment, the student's angry faces were enough to tell her she was not welcomed. So she wandered the train for a moment before stepping outside a compartment with a familiar face inside of it.

"Well, well, well, look at what the cat dragged out. Margaret Avery, I don't think I've ever been happier to see your face," she said, walking inside the compartment and sitting down without even asking for permission. It was good to see she wouldn't be the only Death Eater returning after the war, made her know she still had some allies. "How was your break? Mine was lovely. Nothing better than spending most of it being questioned by aurors and Ministry officials and being slammed by the prophet. Did you go anywhere nice?"

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Margaret Avery
Location: Hogwarts Express // Mood: relieved, casual // Interactions: fancries1 fancries1

"Well, well, well, look at what the cat dragged out..."

Margaret looked up at the sound of a familiar voice and smiled, relieved to see Arabella, even if they'd never been close friends. Allies were very welcome after all that had happened.

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual," she answered, chuckling and smiling slightly," My break was much of the same, though less slander, I imagine. After all I got the martyr's treatment, having my siblings and all."

She shifted so that her back was to the window now, and laid her arms across her chest carefully, scratching at her left wrist absently. The train was beginning to fill up with students and she was tempted to pull down the blinds, noticing quite a few glances cast her and Coven's way. Margaret sighed, deciding to block out everyone but the snake before her.

"A girl does one thing considered 'evil' by the mob and suddenly all she gets is glares and gossip," she commented, a casual smile on her lips.

She had to admit, it was nice to have a conversation with someone who wasn't trying to accuse her of something. Hell, she was certain Arabella had done worse than her, as the war had come before Margaret could really do... anything horrible. She'd raided a few homes, captured a few muggle-borns, but she never held someone's life in her hands- except, perhaps, that one time, with the girl... No, she wasn't going to go there right now. The scar on her shoulder stung hollowly at the memory.

"So what's your plan for this year, hm?" she asked, her eyes holding the true meaning of her question; what her plan was for dealing with the ridicule they would definitely face from their peers, professors, and most everyone else. There was no place to hide for them, even if they wanted to.

original.jpg

Interaction: Micheal Harriott Flecker Flecker

Alexandrine watched the people pass by her through the window. “Still Here” by Digital Daggers drifted softly in her ears. Her eyes glasses over in thought, pulling her sweater dress tighter over her arms, as if her scars might show. Her mind drifting to a far distant memory, a good one. Warm and cozy. She missed that feeling.

“Musing through memories,
Losing my grip in the grey.
Numbing the senses,
I feel you slipping away.
Fighting to hold on,
Clinging to just one more day
Love turns to ashes,
With all that I wish I could say.

I'd die to be where you are.
I tried to be where you are.

Every night, I dream you're still here.
The ghost by my side, so perfectly clear.
When I awake, you'll disappear,
Back to the shadows
With all I hold dear.
With all I hold dear.
I dream you're still here.
I dream you're still here...”

Where was Michael now? He’d escaped. He was gone. She should be happy she’d never have to lay eyes on him again. But she wasn’t.
Not once had she ever wanted to take someone else’s life. But Michael changed that. He changed everything. And somewhere deep down she knew he was alive. If she could just watch the life drain from his eyes everything would be better. She would move on if only-

“Alex? Um is that you Alex?”

A familiar voice snapped her out of her thoughts as she watched a figure stop outside her cart out of the corner of her eyes, always alert, Alexandrine whipped her head to the side and found herself slightly smiling out of...happiness?

She’d always considered Mike to be a little brother, and treated him so. She remembered once pummeling a kids face in after witnessing him bully Mike, of course she’d revived a great amount of scolding for it, but she’d do it all over again.

She stood up, still smiling warmly, “Mike,” she breathed, as if relieved to see him.

And suddenly she was hugging him, having to bend down the slightest to do so, but the fact she was doing so was so rare one passing girl even gasped at the sight of it. Alexandrine had missed him over the months, in a way, he was the only little brother she had left. The hug was light, and quick. Affection never personally being a trait of Alex’s, especially after the war. She was relieved he hadn’t been around to see it.

Alex pulled away and forced a very convincing slight smile, but even the black contacts couldn’t hide the tinge of sadness in her eyes. “Of course you can sit here.” She said, sitting back down in her previous seat. She was always more nice to Mike compared to her other friends. Maybe it was because he was younger, she didn’t understand it herself really, considering she’d pushed most of her other friends away.

Michael Rosen Hariott
Interaction: Alexandrine, Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Michael couldn't just sit right next to her, even if she's one of his closest friend he left in a rather tasteless way. If he's in her position, seeing a friend who just left, writing no message and abandon everything like he just gave up or don't care anymore, Mike'd only give the person a cold glare, probably a punch in the gut or two or even just straight up stopped talking to the person anymore, but what he got next was unexpected. He felt her feminine figure close, arms wrapped around in hug. Michael pats her back as she hugged him and gave her a smile when she let go

"Nice to see you're still in one piece Alex, I thought the war might've--"

He paused mid sentence when he scanned the looks on her face. The glint in her dark orbs are different from what he used to remember, in the past they're the pair that used to gave him a bit of hope when some bullies hide his shoes or vandalized his research journals or mixed up some stink bombs in his bubblejuice. She'd chase down the ones who did it even if Mike didn't fight back. There's another feeling there one of sadness and loss. The was a horrifying conflict indeed and Mike didn't know much of it. Mike takes the seat in front of her as she sat down, his eyes fixed on Alex.

"Or.. maybe not" He mubmled lowly to himself.

Michael cleared his throat

"Guess your microexpressions, body language and subtle bodily pheromones say.. you're in a pretty crappy mood today.."

He couldn't bear seeing her like this, as he spoke he pulled out a small piece of paper very similar to the ones they used in origami and started folding it. Within a short minute he finished making a small paper bird, a bit messy since he's horrible in making crafts like these, but still it does have that bird shape. Unlike usual origami this one was flapping its own wings when it's finished, Michael gave it a gentle blow and the small paper bird gently flew close to the woman's shoulder playing around and moving freely like a natural regular bird

"MagiTek enchanted paper.. do you like it?"

The boy asked smiling hoping to cheer her up, even if he's now focused on making magical WMDs or contraptions of violence, he still carried some of the 'nicer' parts of his research for times like these.

ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand smirked as she spoke. Whether her methods were pre-planned or instinctive, she used them well. Clear attention directed towards the individual, that smile - he was sure she would have anyone else panting for her by now. Useful. She was still trying to use sex... that particularly annoying brand of 'innocence' that tended to make him somewhat nauseous - but despite it, she was already adapting her strategy playing to his admittedly 'know it all' persona. Vulnerability and ignorance - venerable hooks dangled in front of the average hormonal teenage boy. His smirk grew even more and he chuckled lightly.

"Malheureux... Unfortunate. Keeping you from your studies because of a madman and it's pathétique cult." He sat up somewhat more and leaned forwards a fraction, playing up the 'interested' vibe she was so clearly hoping for. "Nothing more tragique than the stupid impeding on the pastimes of the intelligent." He gave her his best 'I am sad for you' smile, before continuing "...but a close second, I suppose, would be keeping two lovebirds away from each other. Does he know?" He sat back once more, leaning against the uncomfortable seat. "I suppose not. Otherwise, he would have never left you. Who knows... maybe you will be in the same house as him. Or a rival house- just to spur on that tragic-forbidden love aesthetic." He chuckled as he spoke. Clearly, she was not as... refined as he might have hoped. He could do coy and manipulative... but lovesick and abashed would not be tolerated.

"As for Hogwarts? The school is fine. It produced a few interesting people from the past but has not done anything of note for the last few hundred years - save perhaps a handful of excellent individuals. Hardly noteworthy. No matter how much the diamonds shine, when spewed out in tandem with an overwhelming flurry of shit - their appeal will inevitably be diminished." As he spoke a sneer started to form on his face, as he recalled the fact that the entirety of the Ministry of Magic, and all public officials, all governmental officials, all Aurors and all medical personnel would have come from that school. And among them, less than a percentile of a percentile showed any promise beyond maintaining the bare minimum of what a sorcerer should be. It was pathetic. "I am keen on learning more about Dumbledore, however. The previous headmaster. Brilliant man. I would have loved to have met him in person... but alas." He looked up wistfully. "The school keeps paintings from all the previous heads, something I wish to exploit. Among other things. I care nothing for the past war or the morons on either side." He barely managed to not roll his eyes at the last sentence. "Anything specific you would like to know?" There... now he has offered her a bit of contrast, a bit of ridicule, and a bit of sarcasm. How would she react to this? He hoped it was more interesting than just denial, followed by blind offence.

Interaction - Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas

4bfa80e7224aac7918cbb0dea3c0468a.png

"Anything specific you would like to know?" Bertrand said with a bit of ridicule and sarcasm. Evangeline picked this up, but decided to give him the benefit of doubt.

"Hmm... yes. Thank you. I would love to know about the houses there." she was careful enough to use formal language. She's been taught that formal language are manners, and you shouldn't take it lightly.

Eva noticed a few students out the cabin, looking in the glass windows. Most of them were males, and were staring at her, mouths watering. A few boys were looking at Bertrand with jealousy in their eyes. One of the boys fogged up the window and drew a heart on it. She was never really comfortable with all the boys staring at her, but she tried not to show it. Her posture was still straight and she carefully looked at him, ignoring the men out the door. She was really good at ignoring... but just in case, her pink handbag was filled with autographed pictures of herself and her parents.

There is no stopping a fan... even if they get a bit too carried away in Eva's experience.

Mentioned: No One || Interacting with: Bertrand A L M O S A L M O S

187032_original.gif

Arabella Coven

Location: Hogwarts Express / Interactions: Margaret Avery aurnia aurnia

Arabella would've been blind not to notice the students gossiping behind her back as they passed by their compartment. Her back was facing the door, but she could feel their eyes on her back, judging her for what she'd done in the past and all the suffering she'd caused. Had she still been a Death Eater and a prefect, the students wouldn't even dare talk behind her back. She had the power to ruin their lives in a single night, and she probably would've used it had the war still been in place. She missed that power, and missing it scared her. She often found herself wondering if missing the privileges that came with being a Death Eater meant she hadn't changed as much as she thought she had. Made her think that, perhaps, she would be safer in Azkaban with the rest of her family.

"I know, so discriminatory, right?" Arabella replied with a sarcastic, fake smile. "Although, I don't see a reason to let them stare and gossip. If they want to admire our beautiful looks, they'll have to pay," she quickly turned around to face her classmates looking inside of their compartment, waved her hand at them and pulled down the blinds.

"So, martyr treatment, huh?" Arabella asked, turning back around to face Margery once more. "Lucky you. Next time I go to court, I might have to borrow some of your siblings. Might get me some of that sweet, sweet pity and tragic backstory."

The playful conversation seemed to end when Margaret asked her about her plans for the year. It was a subject she'd tried to avoid discussing at all costs whenever she spoke to the other Death Eaters in probation. Arabella dreaded her arrival to the castle. To face her fears head-first and deal with the consequences of her actions. "Isn't it obvious?" She asked, playing with a strand of her dark, brown hair. "The Ministry is monitoring my actions. They said they need to make sure I'm truly ready to change and wont pose a threat to my classmates any longer. Even if I didn't want to change, I'd have to do it anyways." She explained. "Change or no change, most students wont be too happy with our return. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to McGonagall's office to protest the fact she's letting us go back. But hey, we Slytherins have never been known for our ability to make friends, have we? Perhaps this year wont be all that different from the previous ones. Of course, excluding the war and Death Eater responsibilities."

She took a quick glance at the families still gathered around the station, some of them looking straight at their compartment in sorrow. They locked eyes for a second, but Arabella quickly turned her head and focused on the floor instead. "It wont be easy," she commented, her usual sarcastic and playful comments replaced with a serious and melancholic tone. "I mean, what would you do if you were in their situation? Would you take in the person who was responsible for your suffering and the suffering of others? I wouldn't. I probably would've killed them, to be honest. They probably think we're in here scheming how to bring Volde- sorry. The Dark Lord back from the grave and start a third war. And yet, they haven't attacked us. Funny, isn't it?"

giphy.gif
Barry Elliot Noble
Feeling: || Anxious/ Embarrassed || Location: Hogwarts Express || Interactions: N/A, Open || Mentions: Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
It seemed like out of nowhere that many of the students that he sort of knew, or knew of appeared all at once. Suddenly former Death Eaters were stalking through the crowd like jungle cats on the prowl for prey while muggle celebrities boarded the train? Shaking his head Barry would force a unsteady smile upon his face. Its ok. It is a new year. No one is like an actual Death Eater these days. Got to be happy. Fake it till you make it, that's the saying right? Do people actually say that? I feel like people would say that while doing finger guns. Who does finger guns? You did once. Finger guns are lame. Remember how you tripped down the stairs that one time? That was lame. You are lame. NO! Smile! New year! I wonder who the Ravenclaw prefect is.... I bet its Conner, he is so good at things... Its no wonder they didn't ask you, you KILLED a man last year, who wants a literal murderer showing the first years how to behave?? No one! Except the Ministry last year kinda was ok with Professor Snape being in charge... Thank god we do not have to deal with him this year... What kind of thought is that?? The man is dead, died trying to save Harry! But he also kinda psychologically tortured a lot of kids, yourself included for like 5 years... NO! STOP IT BARRY! SMILE!! GO MAKE FRIENDS! SEE IF YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE YOU COULD CALL FRIEND LAST YEAR. And just like that Barry's thoughts had spiraled, until he tried to refocus, forcing positive thoughts to the surface in a vain attempt to drown out the swirling doom that was slowly becoming his mind. Pushing forward he would navigate the crowd, gripping his old suitcase in one hand, shoving the other in his pocket. He would climb the stairs to the train, tripping slightly on the top step, but catching himself after pin wheeling for a second, garnering some snickers from students running about the train and standing near the steps, causing him to turn red in embarrassment.

Trying to brush off the first of probably many embarrassments Barry would press onwards, trying to seek an empty compartment, which somehow seemed to be an impossible task. Spotting Alexandrine he would stop, relieved for a second to see an old friend before seeing she was preoccupied talking to someone else. Mikey? Is that his name? Or was it Mitchell? Damn it you should know your housemates... It doesn't matter he was some super genius kid anyways... His smile fading slightly he would move on from their compartment, finally finding an empty one near the back of the third car.

Storing his suitcase he would sit down on the seat, unbuttoning his coat in the warmer train, Freya giving out a happy meow as she climbed out and began wandering the compartment before settling on the seat across from him, staring out the window. Looking at his cat Barry would smile a tired smile before scooting backwards so his back rested against the window and his legs were curled up in front of him. Slipping his wand from his sleeve he would flick it back and forth absentmindedly as he stared off into space, trying to not get lost in his own thought spiral.

Last edited:
Victoria Mcallistar
Interaction: anyone location: Hogwarts express​
Victoria walked down the platform, eyeing the shining black and red locomotive of the the Hogwart's and the crowds of student and parents hustling back and forth. Students excitedly rushing to the train or to their friends, quickly saying goodbye to their parents who had brought them there. In general there was a bright excited atmosphere to the the place, one that she thought she would never see again only a year ago. She remembered it well, the feeling of being herded like sheep by the death eaters, the bright and warm feeling replaced by sense of oppression and fear. She could still hear the taunts and threats at her by death eaters.

She tried to put such thoughts from her mind, Voldomort is dead and things are now as it should be. She smiled and winked at the curious and surprised looks of firstyears before she ducked her head to enter one of the carriages. For every year she had to bend lower and lower to be able to enter the carriage to the point now now she had to bend her knees and lower head completely. It was getting uncomfortable but is pushed through trying to find a free space in one of the compartments. She picked one and knocked on the door.

"Can I sit here? My neck is getting sore." She asked with a slight pained look.

source.gif

Interacting: Michael Harriott, Flecker Flecker
Mentioned: FrazzledFox FrazzledFox

She tried.

She tried so hard but the black contacts couldn’t hide it. Alexandrine’s forced expression went blank as Mike trailed off in his sentence and began to scan away, she was quick to look away. She hated when people looked at her that way. It was the look that said, “What happened to you, Alex?” Her mouth wanted to form the words, but she couldn’t. Usually she sat with her group of friends today. But the war changed things, changed people. Suddenly Alex found herself just wanting to be alone, and yet at the same time wishing someone did.

Alexandrine sat back down, her expression wiped clean, returning to its usual stoniness. She scoffed slightly as Mike stated his observation of her being in a “crappy mood.” Ha. That was the understatement of the year. She leaned forward in her seat, curious as Michael began folding a piece of paper. Quickly she saw it was an Origami, a bird in fact, but unlike most Orgami’s, it began to fly.

It flew around her, and while it was messy from Michael’s folding, it was beautiful at the same time. It flew around her, almost happily it seemed. Michael’s hopeful sounding voice made her smile, this time genuinely. “I love it,” she murmured, watching it flap by her head in wonder.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she felt another set of eyes on her, looking away from the bird momentarily and up outside their cart, she caught Barry looking at her, her smile faltered the slightest. Barry had been one of the friends that found her unconscious that night, along with her brother bodies. His eyes looked to Mike and she watched his smile fade the slightest before he walked past the cart. She couldn’t blame him. She wouldn’t have wanted to sit here either.

How does one bring up conversation after that night? Shaking her thoughts until later, she looked back towards the flying Origami bird, her smile a bit smaller than before.

Michael Rosen Harriott
Interaction: Alexandrine, Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Michael's lips curved slightly forming a small smile when she said she like it. The magical origami paper was simple in appearance, but it took a considerable amount of time to correctly create it and act just like it was folded. The boy snaps his fingers calling back the paper bird and watched it land on his palm.

"Thanks Alex! This little thing uses a multi layered analysis system based on the construct of its shape from the simple x, y and z axis, learning its shape and form and matching any similarities with data connected to it with a database enchantment, although inaccuracies might occurred I've managed to put a little self learning mechanism for it to identify even the worst sort of--"

The boy would never stop when he's talking about his new magical objects and 'toys' that he created. He may have spent a smaller amount of time in the magical world but Michael learnt of its theories and instinctively connected the dots from seemingly abstract concepts with his own logic system. He has experience dealing with boolean and non boolean logic and with this background he managed to reach understanding of advanced levels of magic possibly rivaling his professors. For now however the boy paused, the boy saw a male from where he sat and identified his facial structures.

"Oh it's that guy! The.." Michael paused scratching the back of his head "The Noble guy, Ravenclaw seventh year, probability of me knowing him: small, probability of you knowing him: quite large considering you're in the same year right? Seventh?"

The boy turned back to face Alex.

"You're not greeting him? I mean I'm sure at one point you two.. talked or something right?"

Michael didn't know a thing about the whole Death Eater issue she and the Ravenclaw student just faced, so he's just thinking things most people would do and sometimes forget a massive conflict just happened.

ryker-jpg.381741

Bertrand listened to her, rolling his eyes as she asked her question. Her eyes were on him... so utterly focused. Or at least pretending to be. He smirked. Hidden behind his sunglasses his eyes flicked towards the door, seeing the morons slobbering through it towards her. Pack animals, the lot of them. What do they see in her? A piece of meat - something gregarious... precious, malleable and ultimately... hopefully... compliant enough to get them off. Noticing that she had stopped talking, he got up - ignoring her for a moment as he walked towards the door. While she was unable to see his face, he put on a leery smirk - revelling in the ensuing envy rolling off them like waves. Gods they were easy to manipulate. He could read their minds even without Legilimency. 'oh god, is he gonna fuck her? oh yeah! Oh no! Shit! He is so lucky! It's so unfair! On their first day? What a slut! etc. etc.' They always went for slut... so unoriginal. It was all so fucking simple. Deciding to escalate their internal crises, he reached up and pulled down the blind - cutting off their vision into the carriage, winking at them over his glasses just before losing sight of them. One of two things could happen now - either they will try and enter the room to stop him from doing what they imagined he was going to do... or they were going to try and find a private space to violently masturbate or fantasize about it. Animals. He turned back to her and sat back down after casting a locking charm on the door.

It was as he had feared, however... she was boring. She was predictable. The nuance was not there. She was not playing him... she was not acting a part. She was the part. The whole cliche rolled up into a dolt smattered with pink. How disappointing.

"Now that we have some
intimité, and you can actually pay attention - let's talk. The houses? What do you want to know? An arbitrary sorting system to instil a sense of camaraderie and facilitate - what is again, an arbitrary punishment system to inspire conformity among a group of youths through social policing and pack dynamics. Sure they might have you believe that all of them are unique in their own special way - but the only truly notable thing about the houses are their reputations - or the reputations of those in the houses. The majority of which contribute nothing. The entire persona of a house is defined by the few outstanding individuals that come from them, and when you study them as individuals you find that they have almost nothing in common, save a few stereotypes that one might find in any of the houses were one to actually look. Nothing any of them could offer you, you would not be able to get in any of the others. Only when you leave them will you find that you have become part of their banal histories - and in turn, facilitate or decry an established idea of what it meant to be part of whichever one you joined - which again is arbitrary in the first place."

He spoke softly, his disgust at the system apparent. "They are not special. You will enter one of them, and you will find your dull little mind eventually filled with their ideas and goals - and become steadfast in the notion that, somehow the house is unique. 'Special'. And because of that... you are 'special'. The 'special' words you use to describe yourselves will be different to those of the other houses, and you will ignore the fact that you are all those other things, and embrace the few they tell you that you are." He leant forwards, his smirk growing. "But don't worry about it... It should not be hard for you. Even me telling you this at this moment will not change anything. You will successfully ignore these facts because you want to believe that you are going to be part of something greater when in actuality you are not." He looked her over very slowly, taking in as much of her as possible.

"You are most likely going to enter the school... you are going to desperately try and fit in with your new group - finding that you are very popular immediately with the groups that want to fuck you, and you will have antagonised those who want to fuck those friendly to you. You will find a few people near the middle who don't care, and your dull personality will fail to draw any attention from them, meaning that you are going to whore yourself out to one of your suiters, and try and force and maintain a relationship - so that he might keep the rest of his horny friends off you, while you can their offer the leftovers to the rest of the harpies you will inevitably come to call friends. Your life will be a constant battle of trying to be the most relevant within a group that really does not care about who you are, but rather what you are. You will wake up thinking about how you are going to make people happy who you really don't like, just so that they might be nice to you - because eventually, you will become so starved for attention, that you will take anything - even if it is only a constant stream of undermining critique from someone calling you their best friend. The content of your conversations are going to be nothing but frail attempts at stroking egos and your utility as a person will only be measured in your ability to stroke coc-" He stopped himself, sitting back and closing his eyes.

"Do you want to know the worst part of this? I am telling you this, and you will recognise all this happening - and you will feel what I told you-you would feel, and eventually you will come to enjoy it. You will believe that it carried meaning. You will come to believe that you are someone... special." He snorted slightly, rolling his eyes behind his lids. "Anything else, I can help you with?" The sarcasm was heavy as he spoke. It was clear what he thought of her. Hopefully, his disgust would offend her enough to leave. He was bored of her already. There was a click, as the door unlocked itself once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back