• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hogwart's Adventure

Dagfinn

Maid Of Doom
[ Grimwulf Grimwulf ]
Amelia got to the train a little late, and who could blame her? How was she suppose to know how to get to it anyway? Platform nine and three quarters, what a joke that is. Amelia had a sneaking suspicion that Ruth purposefully 'forgot' to tell her that little piece of information. At least she figured it out, eventually...
Now a bit flustered and late, Amelia couldn't seem to find an still open railcar.

Finally, a cart with only one kid in it. Amelia's eye lit up.
"Hey can I sit here?" she asked.

Magic had been something Damon grew up with from an early age even though his mother was a muggle. His father was a pure blood wizard and introduced his wife to magic after being together for some time. This led Damon to grow up around magic. The house they lived in was in the middle of London though so magic was used sparingly in the house but the world of magic was told to Damon all the time. From an early age Damon would read books about the history of the magical world and watch quidditch. Damon was born in the US but moved to London at eight because his father went to work for the ministry of magic. So when he turned eleven he had the choice of going to the magic school in the US but in the end he decided to go to Hogwarts to stay closer to home. After living in England for three years he was feeling at home here anyway.

A week before school started Damon's father took him to diagon alley to get his first year school supplies, a place he had been to a few times before. This time felt more important to Damon then the other times. This time they were here for him and soon he would be off to Hogwarts to finally learn magic. The place was full of kids getting ready to go to school so the streets were very busy. This didn't bother him though because he was in a great mood. The very first place he was taken to was to get his wand. Growing up Damon had grabbed his father's wand a few times to play with it. Needless to say it made his father mad but no wizard or witch was complete without one. So in that store he was like a kid in a candy shop. It took four tries to find the right one. After braking a few things in the store the right wand came to him. It was eleven inches with the scale of a Hungarian horntail dragon. After that it was books upon books. Damon skipped getting a pet since he was more of a dog person and they weren't allowed at the school. The longest part was getting fitted for robes. That felt like it dragged on for a long time and he just wanted to go get some ice cream after.

The trip only lasted half the day though before heading back home. Damon wasn't a bookworm but when he got home he went through his books more out of excitement to see what he would learn that year rather then trying to get a jump start. It was only a few days later when it was time to go to the train. He was told about how to get into platform 9 3/4 but seeing it was a different thing. Doing it for the first time though made him hesitate running straight at a brick wall. Going through was breath taking though. It was open air here with an older train but looked like it was in great condition. The nerves staid with him though. Now he was on his own and the thought of going to Hogwarts was a little daunting now. He pushed his way through the crowd though to make his way onto the train. All his friends back home at his age were muggles so there was no one he knew here. Damon didn't doubt he could make friends but right now he was on his own. So once on the train he found an empty compartment. The last people were getting onto the train as Damon started putting his suitcases up. He had heard the train ride was a decent length so he was planning to get comfy.

His thoughts were interrupted when a girl's voice spoke up. He looked up to see who it was. "Yeah sure, go ahead."

"Sorry did I interrupt you?" Amelia grinned the boy clearly lost in thought. Something she could defiantly identify with. There was a lot to think about... So much new and all of it strange. At least for her. Technically speaking she is muggle born... Well, she found out that her great grandfather was a... Squib, was that the term? So she wasn't that far removed from magic. The man married a muggle, and his kids were born and raised and married muggle and their kids... So on. Amelia was defiantly raised muggle, despite early signs of magic. Her parents mostly ignored being they didn't understand, and partly they didn't want to? Not that they're anti-magic, but the whole idea of it just went way over their heads.
It was thanks to Ruth that Amelia learned more about the Wizarding World. An older women who's direct connection Amelia couldn't place, was it first cousin twice removed or second cousin once removed? Did it matter? Probably not. The women found Amelia, and her family, on a bit of a quest to get ask she put it 'a right and proper family tree (dammit)'. The women didn't curse, and probably never would but Amelia knew right well the sentiment of the statement. To say Ruth is a family oriented person would be to understand the situation, and after a few short month of knowing the women Amelia considered her a sort of grandma.

"You're new too right? I haven't met a whole lot of kids yet... Actually, I don't think I've talk to any," her voice trailed down as she sat glancing out the window, the train finally starting to leave the station. Of course she saw a few getting her school supplies, but she didn't speak to any of them... One can only be so much of an extrovert and being so much out of her element.

"Oh!" Amelia piped up quickly looking back over to the boy, "I almost forgot, I'm Amelia. Nice to meet you."
Her hand was held out somewhat awkwardly, people shook hands when they met right? It felt wrong but she still didn't detract her hand, waiting for his reply.

"No not at all. I was just day dreaming really." Damon tended to get lost in thought some times. Once he started he could sit still and silent for hours if he was left alone. He was glad someone had decided to come into the compartment. It would have been a long ride if he had been stuck here on his own. Since mostly everyone he knew around his age were muggles he would have to make all new friends while he was at Hogwarts. It wasn't something that seemed daunting to Damon, in fact it was something he looked forward to. Hearing so much about Hogwarts from his dad growing up Damon was looking forward to a lot of things. Especially seeing the school for the first time. His dad had gone to school during the time of Harry Potter and the great wizard war. Apparently since then the school had to expand because the number of students coming in was growing larger and larger. Through architecture and magic new classrooms and hallways were added. Places like the great hall and the common rooms were all expanded as well.

"Yeah this is going to be my first year. I've been looking forward to this since my dad started telling me stories of when he came here." It was clear when Damon spoke that he wasn't from England originally. His accent was clearly American since he grew up there. "My friends back home are all muggles so I don't know anyone here either." The girl introduced herself and Damon shook her hand. "I'm Damon. It's nice to meet you to. So are either of your parents a wizard or witch? My dad's a wizard but my mom's a muggle. I grew up with magic in the house but it was used sparingly since we live in a muggle neighborhood. Though we are thinking of moving to a different one with more wizards and witches."

"My parents are muggles, I guess," it seemed a weird word to her, but most of the things she recently learned sounded weird. Feeling odd in her mouth. "I have a bit of magic family... Apparently, I have cousins at the school, like third or fourth cousins? I'm having a hard time keeping track..." Amelia looked at her hand trying to remember how to family tree worked, Ruth explained it to her-More than once. Though Amelia focused far more about the magic than about the family structure. Of course magic is far more fascinating to her, it probably would be to anyone.
Amelia looked back up to Damon, "I haven't met them yet but they're both like sixth years or something, so it probably doesn't matter." Part of her was looking forward to meeting them however she had a feeling that they wouldn't become close friends or anything. Which she was somewhat fine with, they were technically family sure but they were so far apart that they didn't share any more in common than any other kind of strangers. However... Ruth did mention one of them being a metamorphmagus, evidentially a rare trait. Amelia lit up thinking about this and she added on.
"I didn't learn about my extended family until recently. Although I always knew about magic, I've been doing it since I can remember. My parents pretended I couldn't, but I just think they couldn't wrap their heads around it."

"Oh so you're muggle born then. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have both parents be muggle. Out of no where learning that magic is real and you can use it. I guess having magical parents and not both have their pros and cons." He wondered that but Damon wouldn't have wanted to change how he was raised. Magic was something that had been a part of his life since he was born and thinking of living without it sounded almost boring in a way. He wasn't going to say that out loud though. He didn't want to sound rude to someone who had lived a life like that. "I'm an only child. I wish I had a brother or sister but my parents only wanted one. I have a few cousins. Most live back in the US. I have a couple that live here. One goes to Hogwarts and is a fifth year. I've only met them twice so I don't really know them."

"That's amazing you could use magic that young. I couldn't. Growing up I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to use magic. It wasn't until last year that it started to show. Of course my dad said it didn't matter if I could or couldn't use magic. Still I feel like I would have let him down if I ended up not being able to use magic." A thought crossed his mind. "Oh have you heard of quidditch? It's a wizarding sport that's on brooms. I grew up watching it. I've been wanting to tryout for the teams at Hogwarts since I knew I was going. I'm sure I'll have to wait until my second or third year before I can try though."

[You throw out so many different talking points at once xD]
"Quidditch? Sounds familiar, I think I've heard people mention it... Though, I don't know much about it." Sports have never much been Amelia's thing. Her mother did marathons... Which while athletic many do not consider a 'sport'. For the most part that's the only thing Amelia's really been exposed to.

"What's the game like?" Amelia asked after a moment. Perhaps this is something she would actually be interested in... If not, no harm. This guy defiantly seemed like he would be interested in talking about the sport. He seemed rather hyped by the idea of it.

(Sorry, I see it as a nervous little kid unable to focus on one subject at a time.)

"Oh wait until you see it for the first time. Of course their are other magical sports but quidditch is the biggest. Unlike muggle sports the games have no time limit. There have been games that have gone on for two or three days. It doesn't end until a player called the seeker catches a little ball called the snitch. I want to play so bad. Everyone wants to be a seeker and of course I do to but I would be happy with just being on the house team."

"So each team has seven players on the field. You have backups encase someone get's hurt or tired if the game goes on to long. One is the seeker I mentioned. His job is to catch the snitch, which is the size of a golf ball but has wings, which is one hundred and fifty points and ends the game. Then you have the three chasers who go after the quaffle, which is red and about the size of a soccer ball. They try to throw it into three different hoops which is protected by the keeper. If they score it's ten points. Then you have the two beaters. They're called this because they go around with bats and hit the bludgers. There are two bludgers in the game. They are solid metal balls that move around on their own but the beaters try and hit them at the players of the other team and knock them out."

"They have a world cup every four years like soccer does. The last one was in 2014. The USA actually made it to the semi finals for the first time. I went back to the US to visit family at the time and everyone over there were crazy about it. I wish they would have made it to the finals but they lost. The next one is next year though and I can't wait."

(Do you want to skip to the sorting ceremony?)

The train ride went by for another few hours with the two just talking about anything they could think of. Once the sun set though the mood on the train changed. When Hogwarts came into view the talkative Damon fell silent as he stared at the large castle through the window. Hearing about it and seeing it in pictures was one thing, now getting to see it in person really cemented the idea that Damon was finally going to Hogwarts. The train stopped and all the students were ushered out leaving their bags behind since they would be in the rooms before the students got to them. The second through the third years went off one way but the first years were lead towards the lake where boats were waiting to take them across. This was a tradition for first years but it also allowed all the other students to get into the great hall first.

The boat ride up to the school was great though. At this point Damon was so transfixed by the school that anything that happened to him would be great. The boats moved on their own and the whole time the massive castle grew closer and closer. It was hard to believe that it was even bigger then when his dad had come.The boats stopped at the opposite shore and the first years were led inside into the entrance hall where they were greeted by a teacher and informed about what would happen in the great hall. Then the tall double doors opened into the great hall full of students who turned to look at them. The ceiling was enchanted to look like the night sky and candles floated in the air all over. Now Damon started to feel nervous with everyone watching them.

The first years were gathered in front of a chair with a very old wizarding hat. It was easy to tell that this was the fabled sorting hat. It would be the one to tell them what house they would be in for the next seven years. Now Damon was even more nervous. Over the past few weeks he had tried not to worry about what house he would be in. Now it felt like he did all that worrying at once. He knew his dad had been in ravenclaw but Damon honestly didn't have a preference.

With more students in the school then ever it made the sorting ceremony take longer. Luckily only a few names were called before it was Damon's turn. Now all eyes really were on him and Damon did his best not to mess anything up. The hat was placed on his head and soon the sorting hat spoke. "Hmm, not a hard decision. You'll be in HUFFLEPUFF." The hat shouted the last part and the table to the far left cheered as the hat was taken off Damon. He found a seat about half way down the table where he was greeted by the other students around him.

The sorting felt as if it went on forever, the once excited Amelia became to feel anxious and just a bit overwhelmed. The grandness of it all. The new school, a whole knew world... Sure Amelia had her moments before, realizing how big it all was. However nothing felt quit as intense as now. Finally being in the school, finally starting a new chapter in her life. So lost in her thoughts Amelia almost didn't hear her name called. Dragged back to reality Amelia went up.

What house would she be in? To her it didn't matter much. She knew a little bit about the different houses, and it wasn't hard to gather that other people thought they were important. Still she had very little context. A small part of her thought it would be nice to talk with Damon more, but they didn't need to be in the same house to be friends right?
It didn't mater, before Amelia could think much longer on the subject the hat shouted out.
"HUFFLEPUFF," without another word.

Just like all the other times, the house cheered and Amelia found her way to an empty seat.

When Damon was sorted into Hufflepuff there was a feeling of relief. There wasn't a really bad house to be sorted into. All the students in one house had to have the same classes a student in any other house did. Of course it was nice to be in Hufflepuff. To Damon it sounded like the most laid back house. Of course it meant he didn't end up in Ravenclaw like his dad did but there had been no pressure to end up in that house anyway.

When Amelia was sorted into Hufflepuff as well he felt happy. At least the one person he knew so far would be in the same house he was. She sat down not far from him so Damon moved down slowly so no one at the other tables would notice. He sat down nest to Amelia. "Hey we're going to be in the same house." He said with a smile. "So what do you think of the place so far?" Even hearing stories about Hogwarts it was nothing compared to seeing it for the first time, and they had only seen the entrance hall and great hall so far. There was still all the classrooms, the moving stairways, the common room, the grounds outside, and all the add ons to the castle over the past few years.

"It's astounding," Amelia answered giving a pause before continuing, "and if I'm honest a little overwhelming. I feel like I've already seen so many amazing things, but at the same time everything is never ending. There's just more and more stuff to see. I've known there was magic all my life, but I certainly don't know anything about it... I always thought I did, now I kinda just feel lost ya know?"
Amelia didn't want to seem like she felt down... Well she did a little bit, but that was a very small part of her. For the most part Amelia was excited for what was to come, what she would learn, who she would met. Still hat didn't ease the anxiety she did have.
The girl laughed not knowing what to say for a minute, but she spoke again, "I guess you could say I'm just surprised." Though maybe surprised was an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back