Hiya!

Mountain Siren

Among the Pines
Hiya, all!

My name's Mountain Siren, but you can call me Siren! I'm 22 and a college student getting my degree in biology. I just joined RP nation, but I've been forum roleplaying for a long time (though I stopped once I hit college, because, y'know, life). For a while I've had the huge urge to return to RP but I wanted to try something a bit more modern than what I used to RP. I really don't have a favorite genre, but I'm currently not really interested in fandom RP (depends on the fandom, you'd just have to ask). I'm a sucker for a slow burning romance, and am really only good at RPing females (I'm female, so it makes sense). I definitely don't have to only RP romance, but sometimes it just develops, y'know?

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I look forward to creating new stories and characters with you! :bishiesparklesl:

edit: my discord is mountainsiren#0485 feel free to add me!

Last edited:
Yes! Get that education sis! Bio is such a cool major too, where are you planning go with it?

Thanks girl <3 I want to get my masters in genetics and then eventually med school to be an ob/gyn :bishiesparklesl: what're you going to school for??

Ooof yikes med school is a long road, but I can relate. I'm starting my PhD in electrical engineering in September and it's like an average of five more years of schooling. Being in school forever sucks in some ways but it really pays off in the end when you start making that bank and as long as they keep letting me into frat parties I guess I will survive.

Anyway it sounds really cool, I can imagine working as an ob/gyn would be really rewarding as a career!

Ooof yikes med school is a long road, but I can relate. I'm starting my PhD in electrical engineering in September and it's like an average of five more years of schooling. Being in school forever sucks in some ways but it really pays off in the end when you start making that bank and as long as they keep letting me into frat parties I guess I will survive.

Anyway it sounds really cool, I can imagine working as an ob/gyn would be really rewarding as a career!
Goals, my brother is starting his PhD in theoretical physics this fall, and that’s a 6yr program. Good for you!!

I’m sure it will be, I love babies and think the whole pregnancy process is fascinating. What’s your end game after your PhD?

Goals, my brother is starting his PhD in theoretical physics this fall, and that’s a 6yr program. Good for you!!

I’m sure it will be, I love babies and think the whole pregnancy process is fascinating. What’s your end game after your PhD?

Awww :)... and on top of all that it's like a "happy medicine" right? Like your patients are generally healthy.

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed so maybe I'll find an advisor who will graduate me early. My end-game is to just have my own business so I'm hoping to work on startups and stuff while I'm still in school (especially because my school is pretty renowned for throwing money at its students' startups). If that doesn't work out though I'd happily settle for working at Google or some other big name tech company... they pay so well and are pretty relaxed about when/where you work as long as you get everything done. And some of them have bars on campus from what I've seen.

Awww :)... and on top of all that it's like a "happy medicine" right? Like your patients are generally healthy.

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed so maybe I'll find an advisor who will graduate me early. My end-game is to just have my own business so I'm hoping to work on startups and stuff while I'm still in school (especially because my school is pretty renowned for throwing money at its students' startups). If that doesn't work out though I'd happily settle for working at Google or some other big name tech company... they pay so well and are pretty relaxed about when/where you work as long as you get everything done. And some of them have bars on campus from what I've seen.
For the most part it’s definitely a happy medicine, most stories have happy endings. :)

And dude that’s awesome! Hopefully you can find one that’ll let you graduate early, and hopefully you can get a good foothold on your startup before you do. Congrats, that’s all so cool!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back