Anime & Manga Hidden Gems - Manga

L0ck0n

Your Friendly Neighborhood Weeb
Hey everyone! Name's Lockon đź‘‹

It's been about a year since I've read any new manga (I've been cycling through the manga's I've already finished), and was wondering if you have one that you would like to recommend and/or talk about. ^_^
I would like to stick to, like the title suggests, lesser known manga's that you've stumbled upon that deserve more readers.

I'm open to webcomics (webtoons maybe?), and Manhwa's as well. Don't be shy, let's chat about it!

I don't have a preference that I'm looking out for. I've read from gore/horror to helpless romance.

❌ Rape
❌ Incest
❌ Baby Love
You get the gist I'm going for.

No anime recommendations, my list is too long for those. But, if you want to rant about an anime I am always down for a rant session.

Some manga that I used to love and that I believe aren't that well-known:

Ghost Hunt by Fuyumi Ono & Shiho Inada
FAKE by Sanami Matoh
Petshop of Horrors by Akino Matsuri

All of these get fairly dark and violent though, and it's been a while since I last read them, so I can't tell you for sure all of the themes they touch on. I think Ghost Hunt is probably the safest bet in that regard!

And then there's Natsume Yuujinchou/Natsume's Book of Friends by Yuki Midorikawa, which I've started to reread, though that might be a little more well-known, but it's also a lot more light-hearted than the rest.

I've been wanting to revisit these as well, but haven't really had the brain space, unfortunately. :closedeyesfrown:

Some manga that I used to love and that I believe aren't that well-known:

Ghost Hunt by Fuyumi Ono & Shiho Inada
FAKE by Sanami Matoh
Petshop of Horrors by Akino Matsuri

All of these get fairly dark and violent though, and it's been a while since I last read them, so I can't tell you for sure all of the themes they touch on. I think Ghost Hunt is probably the safest bet in that regard!

And then there's Natsume Yuujinchou/Natsume's Book of Friends by Yuki Midorikawa, which I've started to reread, though that might be a little more well-known, but it's also a lot more light-hearted than the rest.

I've been wanting to revisit these as well, but haven't really had the brain space, unfortunately. :closedeyesfrown:
OMG I really enjoyed Petshop of Horrors; art is gorgeous! Never saw the anime though.

Anyway, my fav manga all have one thing in common, their Romances lol. None of them are brand new though and you might have issues finding physical copies, but I have found these online.

-From Far Away by Kyoko Hikawa (Fantasy Romance)- this is my fav manga of all time. It has 14 volumes
-Zodiac P.I. by Natsumi Ando (Mystery Romance)- Definitely the funniest manga listed and it's short at only 4 volumes
-Juvenile Orion: Aquarian Age (Reverse Harem, School Life, Supernatural)- This is a spin-off story of Aquarian age. Same universe but different story. It has 5 volumes

These were the ones I thought of right off the bat.

Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro!!! It’s one of my favorites :”) it’s a supernatural/horror/detective mystery manga!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back