Hi, RP Nation!

Lena

Hi, I'm new. Not sure what to say, so, uh...

My name is Lena, I'm Russian (though I live in the US now), and I like ducks.

I've role played many times before, but not for a long time, and never on this website. I like to role play human/ humanoid, but some very well done animal role plays are cool too. I have a couple of ideas of my own for role plays, too. ;)

A couple of questions about the site:

1) Is there some sort of way to find RPs with a certain average writing length?

I mean, if I don't want to join a role play with text talk and one-liners, but also would rather not have to write nine paragraphs for every post, is there some way to filter through role plays? Or do I just click on them and see?

2) What's credit?

3) How does the character gallery work?

HEY! Welcome. =) I'm new too. Just joined and I'm also trying to figure it all out. Maybe we can learn together? Or if you just want someone to RP with hit me up!

1) Haven't found one yet, but if so that would be SO HELPFUL.

2) No idea.

3) You can create a character with the button on the top right. I just made my first one. It's pretty neat actually. I found a rp I thought was interesting and just adapted a character bio I already had to fit, plugged it in, and boom. Then I replied in the sign-up for the rp with their form and a link to the character I created in the gallery. This could be totally wrong, but that's what I did...

So this was SO NOT HELPFUL... I fail. I'm sure someone who's much more knowledgeable than I will stop by!

Lena said:
Hi, I'm new. Not sure what to say, so, uh...
My name is Lena, I'm Russian (though I live in the US now), and I like ducks.

I've role played many times before, but not for a long time, and never on this website. I like to role play human/ humanoid, but some very well done animal role plays are cool too. I have a couple of ideas of my own for role plays, too. ;)

A couple of questions about the site:

1) Is there some sort of way to find RPs with a certain average writing length?

I mean, if I don't want to join a role play with text talk and one-liners, but also would rather not have to write nine paragraphs for every post, is there some way to filter through role plays? Or do I just click on them and see?

2) What's credit?

3) How does the character gallery work?
Hi Lena! Welcome!

To answer your questions:

1) There isn't any specific feature to help you find RPs of certain post lengths; you'll have to search for them yourself. Typically though, the author of the RP will state in the rules minimum post lengths, rules about text talk and one-liners, etc. We have many, many literate RPs on the site, and for the most part, every RP is literate, so you'll be certain to find something that fits your tastes!

2) Credit is awarded each time you click that little "Vote Banner" on the front page. By voting you effectively boost the RpN's rank on the internet! And as a reward, you receive one credit for one vote a day (you can't exceed this limit). Once you have 30 credits, you can exchange them for VIP which has some fancy features and highlights your name in gold.

3) Revo pretty much answered that question. :)

Hope this helped!

Wow, thanks, that was very helpful! :) I'm always very slow figuring out new sites, hope I wasn't too much of a bother.

Lena said:
Wow, thanks, that was very helpful! :) I'm always very slow figuring out new sites, hope I wasn't too much of a bother.
Not at all! You're welcome. :) This site is, in fact, pretty confusing at first, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back