• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hey Zeus! Give the Monsters a Chance at Adventure!

Kal

Madam Stabby-Stab

IC Begins!

med09L.jpg

Your Humble GMs~
Your Humble GMs~
4230.jpg
&
12453.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Florence yawned daintily and look out at the lake she called home. It was a large lake stretching into a distant glimmer, with small islands segmenting the lake and closing off areas from view.

"Sister dearest" She said with a smile and a small curtsey to one of the adult Naiads in the lake."

Her watery species used the word sister not just in the literal blood relative sense (not just because Naiads dont have blood) but as an honorific to signify love and respect, with mother used in a similar manner but to also imply a great reverence.

Surging along through the water, melting into it in pulsing waves at the waist she meandered to the largest island in the epicentre of the lake. This was the holiest centre of the Naiads existence, and the only island that was completely cut off from view from the outside- the island was a ring of land with an enclosed pool in the centre, and trees shielding it from view.

Smoothing out legs she ducked under the thick growth and saw the Mother Naiad kneeled down in prayer.

The Mother Naiad filled a position comparable to a queen, and was considered a half deity herself by many.

Her elegant waterfall of flowing hair had a golden shine to it, and she was wearing a soft white gown, the closest Naiads got to any sort of formal dress or ceremony- Naiads religious structure was fairly vague at best, and it was considered the best way to honour the gods and the water spirit was to simply enjoy life.

Flow ran her eyes across the statues and plinths that the Mother Naiad was knelt infront of, their were quite a number of them as they honored all the gods and not just their patron.

"Yes, of course, Ill clear a space for them dearest. You will stay a while afterwards wont you? My daughters have missed your company since your last stay." The eldest Naiad spoke in her rich, lyrical voice before a gentle peal of laughter "Oh, they just dont get tired dear, they enjoyed it very much though. See you soon."

She brought her slender form up to her full height and dusted off the dirt that had pressed into it.

"Oh, hello youngest child. Come give your mother a hug wont you?"

Flow surged forwards and hugged her exuberantly. Naiads really weren't the most reserved species, even with what was essentially their royalty.

"Who were you talking to?" Florence asked inquistively.

"Oh, just a friend whos coming to say hello dear. Nothing important." She replied, casually dismissing the fact shed just been talking to a god.

It was a sunny, beautiful day like any other. The Birds chirping, the creatures of the forest frolicking about. Ah yes, all was well... except perhaps, the gigantic, misplaced-looking serpentine beast flying overhead, sending creatures into a panic below. Hopefully, if he flew over enough times without breathing fire all over the lush landscape, for why would he do such a thing, his presence wouldn't disrupt thier daily lives so unnecessarily. For Statheros, despite being rather unwelcome in these parts, or any parts besides the sacred garden he dutifully guards for that matter, this was an exciting experience, a chance to behold the wonders of Greece in all thier splendor.

Today, Statheros decided to visit that nest of Harpies by the cliffside. They were certainly interesting sorts, if a bit brash and impatient. Truth be told, Statheros viewed thier terrorism of humans as the natural order or sorts. If that was thier prerogative, that was thier prerogative. Some creatures are meant to take things, others are meant to protect them. Truth be told, the three-headed beast had killed a Harpy or two himself wandering too close to his home, but he was just doing his job. He found it rather pleasant to visit any creatures that wouldn't outright flee or attack him, even if they only tolerated him because of fear and the knowing that if they listened to his boring rambling tales he'd go away.

Perching onto the cliff-side, a pair of bird-women acknowledged him with curt, short greetings before going back to picking through thier next kill.

"Greetings!" One head jovially exclaimed. "I'm glad you allowed me to stop by." The second chimed in. "How goes the hunt?" Finished the third.

"Could you please speak with ONE head at once? It's more than a little distracting," one of the harpies called from the nest, her back to the massive lizard perched upon her cliif as she finished looting a fresh-looking corpse of some poor young lad.

She proceeded to tell him, rather proudly, that he was so preoccupied with chasing a tree nymph through the forest that he didn't hear her screeching descent, or sense her coming in any way, then proceeded to rattle off comments about the ignorance of men that she seemed quite fond of using any excuse to blurt out, to Statheros' intrigue. They continued to exchange
conversation, Statheros chiming in and asking a few questions that seemed to irk the bird-woman after a while.

After a couple hours or so, Statheros took his leave, satisfied with what he learned of harpies on this day, heading back towards the sacred grove that was his home. Part of Statheros wondered if the tree Nymph that had unwittingly contributed to that young man'S demise was Nalia, the one he'd just very recently been able to reassure that he never had any intention of eating her.. He supposed he'd have to ask her next time he spotted her, though even for his six keen serpentine eyes that's quite the task in her natural habitat.

It was the old grind as usual for Arkinal. He woke up before most everyone else in the clan, washed himself in the nearby lake, and took a couple baskets to fill with various foodstuffs that would feed the rest for a couple days. It was the elder Satyrs that ate the most - they did nothing but talk about clan activities, politics, and whatever other boring stuff old people could talk about. They sat with a large basket between the 10 of them, shoving handfuls of whatever they grabbed in their mouths. Someone could put Nightlocke into their basket and they would never notice...

But! Arkinal would never do that! That would be absurd! He would have to spend life on the run and would probably be forced into exile, which meant leaving the forest and never entering one again. Word traveled fast among Satyrs, even to neighboring forests. Satyrs loved to gossip, so everyone knew everyone elses' business. Like Jerithin who can't stop scratching his behind because he prefers to sit on the Giant Mudcap mushrooms instead of a log. Loser. Oh, and Teren who chews on grass whenever he's nervous. He also has a bad habit of pulling on his chest fur whenever he's angry - which is quite often - so there are patches of missing fur on his chest. Weirdo.

Of course there were several rumors about Arkinal, too. Like he climbs trees and swings from them and then roars like a gorilla... which is only half true. People just don't understand the enjoyment of jumping from tree to tree... That's how you impress the Nymphs. They love an acrobatic, muscular, sportsy Satyr that can lift them with one hand... Which is actually very easy because Nymphs are very lightweight.

Oh, sure he did other weird stuff, but he always did them after gathering the necessary food for the clan. And by the time the sun had come up, he was already halfway done. He had one basket filled with various berries - wild strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries mostly. But there were also a few delicious elderberries, which Ark might have taken pleasure in eating, if not for eating more blackberries than he gathered. You can't really blame him though... they're delicious!

By the time the air had begun to warm from the presence of the sun, the wily Satyr was done with his work. He grunted happily at seeing the baskets nearly overflowing, a true testament to his level of handiwork. He was thinking about taking a short break to clean his hooves when a tree Nymph appeared from behind a nearby tree. She giggled to grab his attention and darted behind the tree when he turned his head to see her. She poked her head out again from the other side with a wide flirtatious smile on her face before sauntering over and sitting slowly on a large root sticking out from the ground and crossing her legs.

"Well hello there! What a pretty little thing you are." Arkinal said as he sat in front of her on the ground with his legs underneath him. The Nymph blushed and giggled. "What are you doing out here so early in the day?" He asked her, moving forward a little more. He generally didn't see Nymphs out this early. They were usually cooped up with their trees until the middle of the day.

"Oh, well, you see... I could have sworn I heard the sound of a Satyr walking by, with your hooves hitting the ground, but I smelled the familiar musk of a warrior so I thought I'd take a look." Her eyes shimmered for a moment as she laughed lightly and continued. "To my surprise... I find a Satyr gathering food! I thought that's so silly, since you seem so strong and fit..."

Arkinal laughed at this and moved in closer. "Well... I am pretty strong for a Satyr. I've been known to single-handedly take down wild boars with my bare hands. And I once beat a Sentinel Centaur at an arm wrestle." He boasted, all lies, but impressive lies. He flexed his arms and kissed both biceps. "I know, pretty awesome, right?"

The Nymph gave a bubbly laugh and flipped her hair to the other side of her face. "It makes me wonder..." She said, trailing off before moving close to Arkinal until their faces were only inches apart. "It makes me wonder how strong your lips are..."

Lil Fish Minion

It had all started a few days ago.

"My brother is up to something again, Cetus."

The creature in ghosty-lady form nodded, big blacks pools for eyes looking wide as she/it listened intently... well,
semi-intently. Some of her attention was taken trying to... remember.

Brother... That's... Oh, Zeus, right!

Hah! She hadn't missed a beat! It had been a good long while, but she still got it!

Her eyes sparkled in their depths.

"I'm tired of hearing my sister-in-law complain to me. You'd think taking a domain off land would have spared me of Olympian troubles. They say Hades drew the worst lot, but really, he had it all planned out. Bet Hera never traverses those dank halls to..."

Hera is... the Peacock lady! Yeah, those feathery birds, I remember them! I remember her! She's... important... What was boss-man saying? Hades? I remember! He's... he's... dank? Dank... like water...

Cetus' mouth formed into a grin, her creature-like, sharpened teeth glinting.

"But not this time!"

The daydreaming fish shook awake from her derailing train of thought.

"I'm getting ahead of it this time. That's where you come in, Cetus."

"Yessir-bossman-sir!" she saluted.

"You'll like where I'm sending you, there's water."

Cetus' eyes glittered.

"...I only see trees..." Cetus floated closer and closer to one tree, squinting at a leaf as her face drew near, "Maybe bossman meant dew..." the leaf went through her non-corporal eye. "Nope! No dew!"

Coming away, the monster girl floated up to the branch, and then began fly-swimming around it like a worm.

"I think..."

She circled around the trunk.

"Yup, I'm pretty sure."

Patting the trunk, her hand going through the bark, the sea-creature in lady's skin looked into the vast growth of more trees.

"I'm lost!"

Zues stretched and then clambered put of the vast throne that he was currently lounging in.

"Im just popping out to start some heroes on a quest dear, wont be long." He said casually to his wife who sat next to him as of he was doing no more than popping out for milk.

Unlike Zues somewhat slightly slovenly posture, Hera was immaculatly poised on her chair with the grace of a porcelain statue.

"And where would you be meeting them dear?" She asked, her lyrical voice deceptively sweet.

"Oh, you know, just to the local holy lake. Nowhere special."

Heras voice took on a a more factual tone, though still deceptively mild as she examined her fingernails.

"Would that just happen to be the one with all the Naiads in it?" She finished off a cuticle and moved onto the next. "All the young female ones?"

"You know, I think it might happen to be yes. I hadnt really thought about it!" Zues replied in his most convincing- but not really all that convincing- manner.

"And I suppose youll be staying there a while afterwards?"

"Its only polite dear." He replied mildly "Its my duty to bless them with my presence a while you know."

"Of course. Well have fun dear. We'll have a nice long chat afterwards about what you got up to, wont we."

Wincing slightly Zues waved her off.

Deciding where he wanted to go, he vanished.

Hera watched the space where he vanished with her eyes narrowed for a moment, and then sighed "Dionysious, be a dear and fetch me that wine wiuld you?"

---

The Mother Naiad stood on the embankment near the edge of the lake, where shed just cleared a space on the grass for their new arrivals.

"Alright ladies, clear a space. And be on your nicest behaviour for all the solids, wont you? Especially the nice man with the white hair and muscles larger than your heads."

Standing back slightly she stood ready to greet them.

As Arkinal was about to kiss his first nymph of the day, their was a flash off light and he vanished, leaving a very confused and dissapointed Naiad.

As Cetus was about to bite a tree to say hello and Statheros was gliding along, the same occured, pulling them momentarily out of existence, and then dropping them about a foot off a ground.

The Mother Naiad was momentarily confused as she heard the surge of translocation she had expected, but noone appeared before her...untill she heard three splashes behind her, one which was particularly vast.

Turned around, she saw rather than being nicely deposited in the circle infront of her, theyd all been unceremoniously dumped into the lake behind her.

Statheros was nearing the sacred grove he called home, and spotted the clear which he could land in and hopefully not destroy any trees or foliage, if he was careful. As he was gliding downwards towards the aforementioned grove however, he felt very, very strange for a moment, almost like he was randomly popping into existence again like the day he found himself among the sacred grove for the first time. Looking down, he only realized water was there the very second before his massive serpentine body fell into it, causing quite the splash. Steadying himself and beginning to tread water, he poked all three heads out of the water in quick succession and looked around in different directions, thoroughly scanning the area. Looking towards the shore, one of his heads spotted a small group of Naiads gathering in a circle, which his other two heads turned towards in succession, eying the ladies curiously.

"Where" "Am" "I?" The dragon's three heads asked in succession, working in tandem to make an understandable, if slightly disjointed, three-word sentence. To most creatures, his voice may seem to come out as a menacing roar, but he just had a deep voice. A very, very, deep, evil-sounding voice. Statheros found himself looking to the Naiads to hopefully answer his question, looking around for the other beings he swore he saw plunge into the ocean with his other two heads.

Kissing a Nymph before noon had always been on Arkinal's list of things to do before he died. Nymphs always took their time preparing the rest of the world for their appearance by doing each others' hair while the sun rose. By the time the sun was highest in the sky, they would mostly be finished, and would grace the outside with their flirtatious presence. For a Nymph to be out before mid-day meant they were fresh from just waking up. They were 'ripe', in a sense. Although weird to put it that way, it was the best way to put it without sounding extremely corny.

But instead of his lips connecting with the lips of a Nymph, they connected with the surface of a lake before he was completely submerged and surrounded by water. His eyes had been closed for the moment of truth, so he didn't even notice his displacement until he felt the cold bite of the water. Opening his eyes, he saw the faint shadowy bodies of the others that were dropped in the lake in the same rude fashion along with the faces of several fish and other water creatures, staring at him as if they saw him as some odd mutated piranha.

Without much hesitation he kicked his feet and flailed his arms until his head was above water level, then like a fountain spit out more water than he thought he could hold. His face held an obvious air of anger to it as he moved to the water's edge for land. Once there he shook his body much like a dog to remove as much water as he could before glaring at one of the only beings - the others didn't seem to be too much of a surprise. A dragon creature and a weird humanoid sea creature - that seemed to have not been dunked into the water like a Grecian Dough Tart.

The one he glared at seemed to hold a slightly higher air of authority than the others that surrounded her, but as he addressed the woman, it didn't quite seem like he knew any better. "Excuse me, melted ice chunk? Yeah, what the Hades are we doing here exactly?" He tapped his right hoof impatiently with his arms crossed, water dripping from his fur in an unfortunately comical fashion.

"Round and round the tree I go, where I stop, nobody-- AAAAH" the ghosty lady in shark's skin yelped as she fell-- okay, more like floated, in place, as two objects fell around her into the lake below. "This is disconcerting! I am sure I was not here just two seconds prior..." Wait. 'splash'. Lake. Water!

Cetus smiled, open-mouthed, and at the water below her.
"YAY" she plunged in, "Now I am comple--..." Something didn't feel right. She was still smaller than the creatures around her.

Little did she know there was so much splash that she only had enough water to turn into a bloated version of her little shark form. Round, ridiculous, and floating haphazardly, the dark-scaled shark looked around.
"Oh things always look more fuzzy in this form," she said, adjusting, "What's this?" she wondered about the fuzzy dark thing beside her, "Hmm!" she thought aloud, opening her mouth, "Aym jus gnna naw on eis eel hast--"

CHOMP.

The Mother Naiad looked at the scene unfolding and then cleared her throat, largely keeping her cool.

The Satyr of course seemed the most peturbed by the situation, hot headed little devils that they were.

They were also the species she was most adept at dealing with, since some of the more adventurous local satyr's knew where to find the lake, and generally satiated her younger nymphs less...refined tastes. She was pretty sure she could mollify him enough.

"Apologies dear." She addressed the goat hybrid smoothly, ignoring his insult. "Let me help with that. Lets avoid a wet goat smell If we can" With an effortless wave of her hand the water droplets that were clinging to his fur scattered into the air around him like shimmering jewels in the light, and then dropped to the floor leaving him as dry as he'd been before his little misdemeanour in the lake.

With the slightest nearly imperceptible nod of her head two youthful Naiads of auburn and blonde haired flowed over to him and solidified, cooing over him and giving him attention.

Turning to address the other two as well she gave an exquisitely elegent curtsey.

"Hello dear guardian of the faraway forest. Dearest sister spirit...Goat-man. Apologies for your...less than ideal arrival, but our...patron, wants a little word with you all. Im sure he'll be here in a moment. If any of you need anything, feel free to ask of me or one of the daughters. She paused a minute. "Oh, and please dont wee in the lake or she might eat you."

Florence had been watching from the sidelines, and her inquisitve eyes widened as she glanced between the new arrivals. Her attention was most caught by the large creature. Shed never seen a creature so vast, or a creature with more eyes and ears than she could count on one hand.

Splashing over she gazed up at him and raised herself on a pillar of water that she sat daintily on top of; oblivious to the rows of teeth and scales that would terrify most other races.

In the water especially her electic thoughts raced extremely fast through her, and her words nearly merged into one continuous flow of noise, moving between topics on a whim before the first was even addressed.

"Why do you have three heads? Can you fly? Do you all like different foods?...Is that shark trying to eat you? Silly sharks dont even live in fresh water! How many friends do you have?"

Statheros watched curiously as the Mother Naiad addressed the rather miffed-looking Satyr that had also suddenly ended up in the water by the looks of things, six eyes gleaming with wonder and curiosity as the she magically dried the goatman's fur with quite the spectacle. As she turned to address him all three of his heads listened intently. He found it rather odd she knew of his guardianship., and was curious as to how he was brought here. Speaking up towards the mother Naiad, one of his heads inquisitively spoke. "Patron? Would that be Poseidon, perchance? What would he want with us? Or any god, for that matter."

Suddenly, Statheros was aware of a geyser-like pillar of water rising up in front of him, his heads all turning curiously towards the Naiad that sat atop it, for once showing no sign of fear or botherment despite how common delicately-looking creatures displayed that kind of behavior. Instead, she began asking more questions than statheros was used to receiving all at once. It was quite the task even for his three pairs of ears to keep up with the amusing creature's torrent of words, but he thought it only polite to answer as best he could. Once he had a moment after the torrent of curious, bubbly questions pouring from the young-looking Naiad in front of him, he spoke. His heads took turns answering questions as they all gave her his undivided attention. "Because the gods willed that I do." "Yes." "Oh ,of course. Meats, fruits, vegetables, the works." "Shark? I'm not aware of a shark in this lake. I doubt it could eat very much of me if it tried." "Ah, let's see... one, two, three... more than I can count." "What's your name, curious young Naiad?" His own statements were similarly torrential, as it was the only way to keep up with this energetic being's stream of questions.

As the Mother Naiad addressed him Arkinal crossed his arms in success. She was paying attention to him, and what else could a Satyr possibly want more than attention? He was surprised to find that she removed the water completely from his body to make him as dry as before. Perhaps even drier. Maybe. He was going to press her for more than just an apology for being dropped in the lake, but she motioned two of the Naiads behind her moved towards him, immediately silencing him as he began to do what he does best. Flirt. He turned to the Naiad with the blonde hair first - he had a preference! "Well hello there, beautiful! Are you from Sparta? Because you're beating the life out of my heart." He winked and turned to the other Naiad. "And you must be from Tripoli because my breath is tripping over itself." He laughed at his own joke and continued to flirt with the Naiads.

He ocaisionally raised his head to look at the giant dragon with three heads and the shark-like spirit. The dragon was definitely the oddest of the creatures before him. He had never seen anything quite so large before, and definitely nothing with more than one head. He heard of a beast called a Hydra that had tons of heads, and if cut off, would produce even more. But this creature didn't seem to be of the same sort. He wondered how smart the beast was. Surely it didn't have more than one brain... that would be absurd!

He cocked his head inquisitevely at the Mother Naiad as she mentioned something about the patron god, but he was confused as to which one that might be. His was Pan. The Shark-like spirit was probably Poseidon, but he didn't know about the dragon or the Naiads. He didn't hear much about Naiads, only that they were beautiful and quite aqueous. Both rumors seemed to be true so far. His thoughts were being drowned out just as quickly as they had surfaced by the two Naiads at his side. Wonderful creatures.

No more than two foot in diameter, the shark-ball suddenly stopped gnawing the hide of the big blur's behind to defend itself, "I'm not tryin'a eat nuthin'!" It slapped its fin right on the tough hide, "Just trying to figure out what this is," she said to the air, because she wasn't sure who was talking to her. Seemed to be coming in the direction of the blue blur!

As she scanned about, time passing in form, Cetus' eyes were focusing better in the light, she/it could see a little better now! That peach blur among all the blue, green, and black seemed familiar!
"AHHHH HUMAN! Nope nope nope nope nope!" She noped her was behind the blur she'd been gnawing on. "No sharp pokey things in my behind, not this time! Nope nope!" She peaked around to see if the peach blur was getting closer.

The Mother Naiad smiled as the Satyr immediatly followed his natural instincts, before addressing the Scaly guardian.

"Actually we worship all the gods, but Zues is actually our ultimate patron.

I can see why you'd think Posieden what with our...liquid composition, but we're from freshwater rather than the ocean. "

Florence smiled and clapped as the dragon like creature managed to keep track of her torrent of questions and managed to answer them all.

"Im Florence! Orrr Flow. Or Flossers sometimes!- Are you a?-"

There was a hard to describe but almost tangle change in the air, slightly brighter and cleaner, and a figure appeared by the lakeside.

There was no fanfare or noise, he just simply wasn't their, then he was.

He was tall and muscular with a shock of white hair, but almost nondescript in his appearance, though perceptice eyes would notice he hadnt the slighest bit of dirt or wrinkles.

Zues didnt need to announce his appearance, people simply knew who he was inherently when they laid eyes on him.

He breifly looked over the group.

As he glanced over at Florence she felt a palpable force pushing up against her mind as his focus was upon her.

It wasnt aggressive or even intentional, but the overwhelming vastness of his mind was clearly felt to the point she breifly shrank back from it.

He raised his hand in greeting to them all and turned to the Mother Naiad.

"My dear, you look even more beautiful in person."

"Why thankyou." she replied daintly "Youre unsurprisingly as healthy looking as ever.

He turned to look at the group, and as he spoke they all heard his voice as clearly as if he was stood right next to them; his voice wasnt raised or shouting, but it materialised where it was needed.

"Hi gang. You all know the score, right?"

He turned as the Mother Naiad whispered in his ear.

"Mortals arent omneiscant dear, they dont know things until you tell them."

"Oh. How quiant. Well, I suppose you all have questions..?"

Statheros gave three simultaneous nods as the mother Naiad explained that Zeus was her people's ultimate patron. He mentally noted that freshwater creatures don't necessarily worship Poseidon, which made sense, him being the god of the sea after all. The Dragon's three-pronged attention was then promptly stolen once again by Florence, as the aqueous, talkative being called herself. Whilst Statheros mentally prepared himself for her second onslaught of questions, suddenly a very familiar, yet overwhelming presence was felt by the three-headed serpent, and no doubt all the other beings gathered here. This feeling in the air could be none other than the presence of a god. Specifically, Zeus himself, very blatantly the king of gods by his trademark white hair, muscular stature and very overwhelming presence. So overwhelming, in fact, that he needn't so much as cast a glance towards the creatures gathered here in order for them all to give him thier undivided attention.

Statheros tilted his heads curiously as Zeus exchanged pleasantries with the Mother Naiad, noting that the God's tone in speaking to her was similar to that which the Satyr nearby had been chatting up two of the lesser Naids with frm the moment they sauntered up to him. The rather naive dragon wasn't entirely sure what to think of that, seeing as everyone knew Zeus was betrothed to Hera, but he decided against questioning the almighty Zeus and instead respectfully waited patiently until he addressed Statheros and the other creatures gathered in and around the lake.

Statheros was expecting some sort of explanation, so when Zeus simply asked if they "knew the score," he tilted his heads once again in that dog-like expression of confusion. The score of what? The Gorgon Head Football Greek Open? Statheros had heard that it was cancelled due to all the players being turned to stone during practice, so Zeus may end up disappointed. The last thing Statheros would want to do was disappoint a god, so he was relieved when the mother Naiad whispered something into the God's ear about mortals not being Omniscient, and Zeus turned to the mismatched gathering of creatures before him to ask if they had questions. Statheros had quite a few questions, but he supposed he'd start with the seemingly most important one for now. "Yes... why have we been summoned before you, oh great Zeus?"

Zeus... Zeus... Zeus... The Mother Naiad made reference to the name saying they worshiped him, but Arkinal struggled to remember who exactly he was. Ark entire attention was aimed directly on the thought, trying to think of who he was. He was about to ask the Mother Naiad for a hint when the air shifted inwards and back out as a great being appeared before them. "Oh yes! Zeus! Overlord of like, everything. Lightning bolts. Thunder. Loud farts. Ugly beard. I remember now!" He exclaimed, only just realizing that it was Zeus before him now.

He immediately shrank inside of himself as he looked up, his eyes wide with both horror and wonderment. "Haha! You probably thought I was being serious, didn't ya? Well, I think your beard is wonderful!" The Satyr gave a forced grin and under his breath whispered, "but your farts are still mega loud..."

When he called for questions, Arkinal's hand shot up into the air as soon as the three-headed dragon asked his question. Without waiting to be called on, he blurted out his question. "Why are we here? Are you going to smite us? Are we being honored for being totally badass? Or is that just me? How long is this going to take? And... Has Dionysus really been flirting with Pan, or is that just a rumor? I really need to know. I have a bet in play with the other Satyrs. My money is on yes."

Zues cleared his throat to speak, a cloud in the distance rupturing into a shower from the reverb.

"Okay, so long story short- You all are going on a journey now, or an oddesy I think folk are going to call them.

My dads a titan and it's time for his 100 year visit, but I havent got him a birthday present for the last 99 of those so that super awkward,so I want you all to go find hephaestus chains to keep them all locked up. And also itll probably stop them breaking the earth in half or whatever. For now, I want the four of you to go along."

After his explanation he spoke again, and each member of their group heard their own personalised address, unaware he hadnt simply been talking normally.

-----

(To Ark) After a bellowing laugh he smiled.

If you think mine are loud you should hear Posiedens my boy, bubbles the whole sea.

And oh my yes, give him a skin of wine and he'll flirt with a cow."

-----

(To Statheros) Dont worry my scaly friend, I will ensure the land you guard is well protected in your absence.

------

(To Cetus) Ill consider the meal posieden owes me square if you work for me a little while my young shark.

The Mother Naiad frowned at Zues slightly

"You only brought three people dearest, you said four."

"Oh, didnt I mention?" He replied scratching his head absent mindedly "Your daughters coming as well. That one." He said pointing directly at Florence.

"But shes the youngest one dear. Honestly, shes barely past the age shes stopped drying the river bed at night! Wouldnt one if my older daughters suit better? Some of them even know what a 'fight' is."

Despite the fact the gods assumedly knew the outcome before it even happened and had basically no real needs the Mother Naiad was well aware they all absolutely loved bargaining with people, but his voice took an uncharacteristically firm tone.

"Im sorry, but she goes, shes crucial. All of you go; this isnt a choice."

Statheros' heads simultaneously perked up in curiosity, three serpentine brows furrowing in unison as he absorbed the information. What statheros mostly got out of that was something about finding chains scattered across the world, to seal a titan. Sounds like something Zeus would send heroes to do. The same "Heroes" who frequented his grove with theft and/or killing in mind... in that context it seemed smart to send creatures like himself who were truly loyal to the gods.

As the dragon continued to dutifully listen, perhaps in a manner oddly docile for beast of his gangly stature, Zeus' words began to feel... strange, for lack of a better word. It was as if they were coming from inside his own head instead of the Gods' lips. He found himself further surprised as his largest concern about this commandment of Zeus' was alleviated before it was spoken. "Ah, thank you, great Zeus" he spoke, still not entirely sure if speaking out loud was the right plan or if the others even heard Zeus' reassurance towards the three-headed beast himself. Regardless, there was still something they needed to know before they could partake on this journey. "Where should we start looking for these chains, oh great Zeus?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back