Hey Guys!

Kiraa

Hurricane of a girl
Hi, I'm Kira (The added A was just because "Kira" wasn't avalible xD )

I've been a member of a few smaller RP sites, but unfortunately they never last long or are never very active. I'm excited to join a larger community and I'm ready to get started! I'm a hopeless romantic, and romance-y, realistic RPs are my favorite :) I'd love to meet some new people to get me started, so please feel free to say hi!

Thanks!

Kira

Haha, I guess you're probably right. I'm just going to blame it on the fact that it's almost 3am, but in reality, it's that I just managed to be awkward not only in real life, but on the Internet too xD

You seem nice too! Have you been on the site long?

Only a few good months, since December of last year.

Though I've been RPing for years, from starting somewhere around 2009-11 I can't quite remember (> :D )

3am, why are you still up? ( :P )

I've been RPing probably around that long as well, I just jumped around sites a lot and recently took a pretty long break.

I had 2 weeks off of work for vacation, and Im just naturally a night owl, so my sleep schedule is all screwed up :/

I've been on a few websites as well, though not many. 4-5, three of which I still use. Just some on less occasions than others.

Ah, well I alternate between though being up at night and being up early. I prefer going to bed at 8 and waking at 4/5. I feel like I can doing things in the morning. Night is internet timez.

Hello, Kiraa! I'm also a newbie here, too but the people here seem to be very nice and lively. I'm also a fan of romance as well and lots of serious drama. :)

And hello fellow night owl! (Almost 3 AM over here, haha.)

I am so not a morning person. I need a good few cups of coffee to be fully functioning before like 8:30 or 9. I could stay up all night, every night with no problem though. Funny how that works. Makes me wonder what determines those sorts of things in our brains, ya know?

Kimtastic said:
Hello, Kiraa! I'm also a newbie here, too but the people here seem to be very nice and lively. I'm also a fan of romance as well and lots of serious drama. :)
And hello fellow night owl! (Almost 3 AM over here, haha.)
Hey! Nice to meet you (just to let you know, apparently the appropriate response to that is not "thanks" xD )!

That's awesome that we're into the same stuff! Maybe we'll have to get together and start an RP soon!

Kiraa said:
I am so not a morning person. I need a good few cups of coffee to be fully functioning before like 8:30 or 9. I could stay up all night, every night with no problem though. Funny how that works. Makes me wonder what determines those sorts of things in our brains, ya know?
Good thing I am a morning person

, caffeine does absolutely nothing for me.

[media]

[/media]
Kiraa said:
Hey! Nice to meet you (just to let you know, apparently the appropriate response to that is not "thanks" xD )!
That's awesome that we're into the same stuff! Maybe we'll have to get together and start an RP soon!
You can say 'thanks' (> :D ) I just did not feel deserving of it for my lackluster greeting.

Huh, that video was interesting. I guess part of it is genetic, but I also think it depends on how, as my psychiatrist would say, you set your internal clock. Like the fact that I'm eating crackers right now, but I won't be awake tomorrow to eat breakfast at a normal human time, probably doesn't help the situation, ya know? Cause I'm setting my body a whole meal-time late. Lol my brain is obviously ready for bed though because I'm rambling xD

[QUOTE="Heart of Glass]Hello! I'm pretty new here too. It's nice to meet you! ^-^

[/QUOTE]
Hi! You too!

Your Circadian rhythm? Well eating can affect that, however light has a huge factor in it. [Temperature too, but I don't know much about that] For the life of me I can't find the name for it, though here is something around your eyes optic nerve that detects light to sort of monitor your brain's internal clock. People have even found that they can reset a person's internal clock using the right lasers into your eyes [fun right?].

When you're on your computer, while the light is not natural [as our brains prefer] though it can still alter our chemistry. So your brains tells your body to stay up, you stay up but eventually you still need sleep. So you sleep, and of course you need to 'sleep in' [social jet lag as the last video said] as the average human needs 6-7 sleep cycles to perform well. Then you need all that caffeine to wake ya up! [Don't get me started on caffeine]

Anyway, technology screws us up in the head. Which is fun.

Anyway, technology screws us up in the head. Which is fun.

It's all so interesting to me. I just learned not to long ago that blind people sometimes have to take medication to regulate their Circadian rythms because, as you said, a lot of it has to do with light and your eyes. Guess I had just never thought about it.

It's the kind of thing I like to think of frequently, I find it quite fascinating. "Experts" in sleep, however you may take that, say that often a good way to reset your clock if you have been experiencing difficulties is to go out camping for a week with the removal of technology. Then your body will sink with the day/night cycle. Of course, obviously, not everyone has the time or the opportunity to do that. Though it is fun to think about in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back