• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hetalia: History AU

SavingStar

Family Disappointment

Sometime After World War II

Elisa Beilschmidt was the personification of Auschwitz concentration camp, located  in Poland. Her elder brothers were the countries of Germany and Prussia.

During the Second World War, Elisa had lived with her elder brothers. Now, as America and the other allied forces defeated the Nazi regime, it was time for her to leave. She no longer held a place of power in Germany. Well, she did hold some, as a fear tactic, but not as much as she did before. 

But it where would she go? Her brothers couldn't let her stay unless she absolutely had to. Poland wouldn't take her, because she....you know, killed millions of people within his borders. Austria, another of her brothers? Nope. She was not going to put up with his shit. And Switzerland would try to kill her first. 

As the time came for her to leave, Elisa walked up to her elder brothers and wrapped them both in a hug. "I'll still be here if you need me" she reminded them quietly. "Don't forget." 

With that, she let them go. Turning around, she began walking. It took days, but she managed to get out.

When she was out or the German and Polish borders, she realized that she was in Lithuania. Since the others couldn't get to her, she let herself rest.

Okay, that was a lie. More like her body forced her to rest. The old camp was weak, losing her energy. She wouldn't live much longer if she kept going like this. 

Before she knew it, her body made her drop her stuff onto the ground. Her eyes rolled back into her head, and she dropped to the ground. 

@FictionDream

Toris almost flung out the door the minute he had been allowed a break from his paper-works, and he breathed in the fresh air as if he had been lacking oxygen for months. The brunette man let out a sigh and finished zipping up his coat, as he walked down one of the empty paths close to his home. He needed a change of scenery, because even though the war was over, there was still so much to do. The clean-up work alone had been tedious for a long time, but that he could deal with, his biggest problem right now was Poland and Russia (mostly the latter). Poland kept coming over and halted his work, and Russia kept being… Russia. He felt a shiver down his spine thinking about it.  

He was praying and wishing for the day he would actually have a full day off. He crossed his arms and looked up at the sky, well, on the bright side; the weather was pretty clear today. He was also a firm believer in that 'things happened for a reason’, and he was sure all these stressful times would cool off, if he had learned anything through history that was it.

His eyes trailed back down from the sky, and as his eyes landed on the road he stopped mid-step. He froze surprised for a long second and his mouth fell open. Up ahead, on the ground, lay a collapsed figure on the road toward the border. “Wha-“ he whispered, before he dashed forward. “Hey!” he ran up toward the person and kneeled down to pick up their head. “Can you hear-“ he tensed up and his eyes widened when he noticed who it was. Her appearance immediately registered with him as the personification of the Auschwitz camp. What in the world would she be doing here. 

He hesitated only for a moment though, and then moved some hair away from her face. “Hey, can you hear me?” he asked again, and waited to see if there were any signs of consciousness. 

Elisa was damn near out cold. She was not aware of Toris coming to her side at all. Nor was she aware that laying weak in front of a possible enemy. 

When Toris touched her face to move her hair from her eyes, she finally began to come to. She groaned as she slowly awoke.

Her bright blue eyes fluttered open, before narrowing to the point of almost closing again as the sun's rays assaulted her eyes. When she finally adjusted her eyes to the bright waves of light, they opened all the way. Her eyes caught the light, causing them to sparkle in a brilliant fashion. 

She pushed herself up, running a hand through her blonde locks as she looked around. Turning to her left, her eyes caught green ones. What? Blinking, she looked at the whole face that went with the eyes. The face finally registered after a moment. 

And shit hit the fan when it did. With a startled gasp, she tried to stand up and scramble back, only for her legs to buckle and give out beneath her, sending her back to the ground. 

She he had just come face to face with Lithuania, a country. Not only that, but Poland's greatest ally. 

"Please don't hurt me" she said, the words spilling out without her realizing. "I had no choice. I didn't want to kill the people. Don't take me to Poland. Please."

The  girl was panicking. It was obvious. Her eyes were wide and she was hyperventilating to the point where she couldn't breathe. Her lungs rejected this, making her have to turn and cough harshly. She then started gasping for air, still trying to crawl away from the country. 

@FictionDream

As she flung away from his hold, he slowly got back on his feet. Toris lifted his hands with the palms toward her. “Ah… I,” he began surprised, seeing her suddenly active. “It’s okay, I won’t hurt you,” he said quickly. He watched her as she started coughing, and his expression softened in pity and he put a hand over his heart. She was bringing back so many memories just with her presence, he couldn’t deny that, and he knew Poland would flip if he saw her, but still, she was hurt very badly. 

When she crawled away he stood still for a moment and watched her with a conflicted expression. She had a bad history, but she was also very new to it, and everyone had some rotten parts of history here and there, that was just fact. There was just no way he could leave her like this. 

“Please… don’t be scared,” he said and put on a hesitant smile. “I promise I won’t tell anyone that you are here, so please calm down.”

He walked a little closer in a slow pace. “You’re… Auschwitz, right? Um, do you maybe have another name I can call you?” he shrugged. That one just carried so much horror from the war. “I’m Lithuania, maybe you remember. You can call me Toris if you want… … Can you stand?” he asked and held out his hand to help her if needed. 

As he came closer, she tried to run again. Like the last time, she didn't get far before she fell to the ground. This time, clutching the upper section of her leg.

When she pulled her hands from it, her palms were both red and wet. Wet with her own blood. "Scheiße!" She yelled, gritting her teeth. A second later, there was a knife in her hand, also covered in blood. She had stabbed herself when she fell. 

Groaning, she looked up at the male as he approached. She sighed. "Ja. I am the representation of Auschwitz concentration camp." She said, nodding. "Not that I chose it. Trust me, I didn't want to. But I had no choice. You can ask any of my brothers. Especially Gilbert, the representation of Prussia. I confided in him a bit too much, since I couldn't tell Germany that I didn't want to help him."

She looked up at him again a moment later. And for the first time, she showed weakness. Her eyes were full of fear and pain, and pleading. Pleading for help.

"Trust me, I didn't have anything against Poland." She shook her head, falling silent for a moment. 

When he asked for her name, she faltered and hesitated for a moment. Should she give him her real one or a fake one? Deciding to give him her real one in exchange for his kindness, she sighed. 

"Elisa," she said. "My name is Elisa Beilschmidt. Or Edelstein, or Zwingli. I answer to them all. They're all my relatives, anyways." She sighed. "All of the Germanics are related, so it really doesn't matter." She blinked. 

"But if you call me by the last name of Zwingli, please make sure it isn't around Switzerland. He and I..aren't on the best terms right now. He'd probably kill us both." That was supposed to be a joke, but hid a bit of seriousness as well. 

She he looked down at her leg. "Eh, this is embarrassing. Could you possibly help me?" She laughed nervously. 

@FictionDream

Toris just nodded his head impatiently while she spoke, eyeing her hand that was visibly bleeding. “Yes yes, you can explain it all to me later, really,” he said, and smiled more gently. Honestly he wanted to get her patched up before the cross-examination. He was sure other countries would act differently, but he couldn’t watch her wounded on the ground much longer. He retrieved the hand immediately when she asked for more help than that.

“Ah, right…” he said, and walked closer. He patted down his pockets to see if he had anything for her hand, but he hadn’t exactly carried medical supplies with him when he left the house. “Hmm, hope you can manage that until we get home,” he mused to himself. He crouched down and picked her up from the ground. “Excuse me,” he commented as he lifted her. He could tell that she was weak as he did so, but he didn’t comment on it. She had obviously been traveling a long way, because she seemed both starved and frankly filthy. It was a good thing that they weren’t too far from the house. 

“I’m taking you to my place for now. You can get a bath and some food,” he told her as he started walking back where he came from previously. “Were you headed somewhere specific?” he asked her. She had seemed pretty spooked to see him, so he was guessing that this was not her final destination. 

{forgot to mention that it was her leg. She had a knife concealed that stabbed her leg when she fell on it}

As he patted his pockets, she clutched her leg to keep herself from bleeding out. She groaned. "Oh man, this is going to stain my uniform." She sighed, handing her head. 

She only let go of her leg to retrieve a hair tie from a pocket near her wound. Hissing in pain, she took it out. Then, she proceeded to tie her hair up. She had a bit of blood in the blonde locks, but she was used to it. The brutal truth was that having blood on her hands after inflicting a wound on someone didn't bother her anymore. 

When he leaned down, she was putting the knife away. She was about to ask what he was doing. She gasped when he picked her up, her arms going around his neck to hold herself up. She didn't touch him, for fear of getting his own uniform dirty. It was her right forearm touching the back of his neck, clean of blood, while her left covered the wound on her leg. 

"Danke" she thanked him. "As for your question, I have no idea where I was going. Probably Finland, since he helped us in the Continuation Battle during the war." She sighed. "Then again, I'm not sure how they'd take to having a..." She choked on the word, "killer in their house." 

She shook her head with a sigh. "Honestly, I apologize for this. I probably made you late home to...whoever it is you live with." She laughed lightly. 

@FictionDream

Last edited by a moderator:
(Got it!)

Lithuania glanced over at her and nodded. “I see, I might be able to get you there when you have been patched up,” he answered when she said she was going to Finland. He hoped she knew what she was doing. Toris could tell she had a difficult time calling herself a murder and he send her a friendly smile, but didn’t say anything. He would feel bad talking about something he didn’t know about. Maybe she was a killer, maybe she wasn’t… maybe it was up for perception. All he knew was that he would be the killer if he didn’t help her out. 

He shook his head when she apologized. “No, you didn’t delay anything, and I would have helped you anyway. I wouldn’t just leave anyone to lie there in my country,” he said with a friendly smile. He didn’t really know her, but the war was over. 

He picked up the pace a little as he saw her bloody hands near his face, and made it back there. “I don’t think anyone is in there now,” he said and opened the door. “Hello!” he called in and waited a few moments. He looked relieved when he got no answer. “Okay, we’re clear.” 

As he was carrying her, she accidentally moved her leg. A shot of pain ran up her leg, making her exclaim something that was obviously in German. 

When end the pain lessened, she saw that her vision was spotting. "Well shit" she said, before she just gave up. 

"It would seem as if I've lost too much blood" she said. Then, as if on cue, she passed out of blood loss. 

{{Sorry it's short. I'm in a class at the moment}}

(Sorry, I know it’s suppose to be dramatic, but “It would seem as if I’ve lost too much blood” just made me laugh so much. xDD So blunt) 

Toris looked down at her and his eyes turned a little panicking as he saw her pass out. “Oh…" He hurried to carry her into the living room and put her on the couch, not minding the blood that soaked through the fabric. Then he got out to the medicine cabinet and hurried to bring out some bandages and ointment for the wound. He got the injury all cleaned, before he tied it up with bandages. He sighed as he watched her leg, and it seemed like nothing was seeping through. Personifications couldn’t die from wounds, but he knew for a fact that it wasn’t very comfortable, and he wasn’t sure about her circumstances as a location. 

When he was done, he carried her to his bed instead, and let out a sigh. She was definitely staying here for a while. He went out and washed his hands. It might be best to keep her presence a secret. At least for the moment. 

{I'm sorry I had to}

As she laid there, she was completely still. For the most part, anyways. There was one point where her body felt the pain and made her reach with a pained gasp and a standard cry of immense pain as he touched and applied pressure to the wound. 

She was still unconscious, however. So she probably wouldn't remember this. She hoped. And for the sake of all that is holy, you better hope so too. She had a habit of not being nice if you inflict pain on her. 

A while later, she woke up in a soft place. For a while, she was confused and panicked, thinking that she had been captured. Then she remembered that she was with Lithuania. 

Sighing, she sat up and hung her feet over the bed. Sliding off, she fell to the floor with a grunt. "Right" she spoke with a sigh. "I'm pretty much one of Germany's potatoes for a while." She tried pushing herself up and climbing onto the bed, only falling off in the process. 

Giving up, she just layed on the floor and stretched out, closing her eyes like she was dead. 

@FictionDream

Toris had gone to the kitchen and started preparing some dinner. The soup was simmering steadily in the pot, and he had just been adding salt, when he heard a bump from the other room and jumped a bit. He quickly moved the pot off the stove and winced a bit from the heat. He flailed his hands a little as if to shake off the pain, before he made his way into the other room. “Elisa?” he began, as he walked in, and when he saw her on the floor, he sucked in a breath. 

“Ah, careful, your wounds are still healing,” he said and kneeled down to put her arm around his shoulder, so he could maneuver her back to sit on the edge of the bed. He steadied her a bit by the shoulders and looked up at her. “Hey, how are you feeling?” he asked her. He glanced down at the bandage, but it didn’t seem to leak yet, luckily. 

She sighed. "I forgot, I know." She groaned. When he helped her to the bed, she wrapped an arm around his neck and hobbled over. 

When he asked how she was feeling, she gave him a resting bitch face look. "I was just stabbed. I'm in immense pain." She stated. "Other than that, I'm fine." 

At her expression he winced a bit and scratched his chin. “Ah yes, probably a dumb question, huh?” he admitted and smiled a bit hesitantly, before he lifted a finger and changed the subject. “I have made some soup for us. We can eat in here if you want.” He gestured around, before he made his way out of the room. 

He hurried back in the kitchen to pick up a tray and poured some of the soup in two bowls, before bringing it back inside with some bread. “I didn't know what kind of food you like,” he admitted and set the tray on the side-table by her bed. 

She laughed lightly. "Thank you" she said. She then thought for a moment. 

"Honestly, you could cook anything as long as you like it. I don't eat much." She said with a shrug.

"Like our prisoners, I'm used to not eating much. It's to the point that if I eat too much, which isn't a lot, it'll make me violently ill." She explained. "So I wouldn't do much excess cooking." 

“Alright…” Toris said, even if that was a little sad, and took a seat in a chair next to the bed. He reached out and took his own food, which was still steaming. “Well, you can eat as much as you want to,” he said with a smile, and gestured for the other soup and bread that was within her reach. He put it in his lab and waited for her to start first. If her stomach wasn’t used to food it was a good thing that he made soup. 

He tapped his fingers  on the side of the bowl. “I have not told anyone that you were here. You’re welcome to stay as long as you need, until you have recovered. Then I can help you get to Finland, if you would like,” he offered with a smile.   

She smiled gently. "Thank you" she said. "I appreciate your help, I really do." She said to the man. 

She he looked down at the soup before taking a small sip. The warmth cascaded down her throat, making her sigh in relief. She had been so cold and hadn't noticed it, so it was a welcome feeling. 

"I forgot what genuine cooking was like, actually" she laughed. "I got so used to eating military rations." 

He watched her eat the first bite and smiled by her reaction. She was actually kind of cute when she had a smile on her face. “I ate those rations too, back during the wars, they haven’t gotten much better through the years, that is for sure,” he commented with a smile, and then took a sip of his own soup. 

“Can I ask you, why you left Germany? It seemed like the most rational place for you to be,” he asked her, hoping he didn’t pry too much. Honestly he was genuinely curious though. 

"They taste awful. I think the Italians were horrified. And maybe France. I don't know about him. What I do know is that they would probably starve before eating that."

She sighed and put her spoon down quietly. She just kinda stared into her soup. She was silent for a moment so she could get her story together and tell it in an orderly fashion. 

When she had herself together, she looked back up at him. "I was kicked out from Germany. My older brothers didn't want to make me leave, but it was for my safely." Her voice was hard and emotionless as she recalled the past few days. 

"After the war ended, Austria was released from its Annexation, and the allied forces occupied Germany. Gilbert and Ludwig told me to leave, since they knew what was coming. I figured I would go find Tino, since he was an ally of the Axis."

She sighed. "It may not have seemed like it, but if my brothers didn't hold the love for me that they do, I wouldn't be here. The polish allies were coming after me. I would've had a bullet put right through my hands. And that's what could have killed me." 

She put her soul on the table quickly. Her hands and face were now pale and she was trembling, her eyes wide. She curled in on herself. "Oh my god. What did I do?" She asked. "I feel sick". 

With that, she launched herself off of the bed and half-sprinted to the nearby bathroom (careful of her leg) and collapsed onto her knees in front of the toilet. She started dry heaving, much like she always did....

...when she was genuinely terrified of herself. 

Toris stopped eating a little through the story and just put the spoon down in the soup, watching her with a pitiful stare. The war had left many open wounds for sure. He slowly set the food down as he saw her starting to get up, and her mood changing into something he would call ‘panic'.

“Elisa…” he began, but she had already sprinted past him and headed toward the nearby bathroom. He stood up and followed after her out there. He kneeled down beside her and gathered her hair behind her head in a ponytail, in case she was going to throw up. He patted her back lightly with his free hand, while he waited for the situation to calm back down. 

“It’s okay, listen you’re pretty new, but we are all going to have dark history,” he told her while he rubbed her back. “And even though yours is… particularly bad, there is nothing to do about it, but to make up for it through time,” he said and smiled gently. He didn’t know anyone who didn’t carry baggage. 

Elisa put her hands in her hair, making it seem as if she was trying to pull it out. 

She shook her head.

"Yes, we all carry out fair share of baggage. But the countries have good that outdoes the bad things that they've done. I don't. All I'm known as is Auschwitz. I killed innocent people. Starved them, made them do manual labor until their legs gave out beneath them. What good have you ever heard or seen coming out of a concentration camp?" She asked quietly, voice full of self resentment. 

"I'm not a country like you or my brothers. I'm not a capitol. I'd give anything to be able to be like one of you. Because yes, you've done bad things. But nobody hates you, because they see the good in you." 

Her ear voice cracked. "I rarely ever had that Liberty. Only my brothers liked me, and barely even then. I was just a camp. I liability, so they wouldn't have to get their hands dirty. I was their willing slave. All because I was created when I didn't want to be." 

@FictionDream

Toris let her hair go when it didn’t seem like she was actually going to throw up. Then put his hands gently on her shoulder’s, and waited for her to finish talking, before he smiled at her. “It’s true, all those things are really bad and horrible to think back at, but if you want them to change you will have to do it yourself. You have clearly changed you mindset on the matter, and that’s a start,” he said gently and rubbed her back soothingly. 

Then he took her hands in his own to get them out of her own hair and urged her to get back standing with him. “Do you want to take a shower, or maybe continue eating? I can also get you some clothes to sleep in,” he offered her gently, and looked at her patiently. He had taken care of Poland before and he certainly didn’t mind taking care of Elisa. 

"Changing is one thing" she said. "I'm capable of that." She looked up at him. "But it's convincing everyone that you have changed that's the daunting task."

She furthered this. "A person's trust is a sensitive thing. Especially that of countries. You've all seen so much. Been betrayed by people you thought you could trust..." She sighed. "I could try and try as much as I wanted, and I could still never get back to normal." 

She paused before continuing. "This war has changed people, Toris. You know that. Especially me. My regime came crashing down, and I hold no power whatsoever. And me? There's no way of having me change relations by doing good things with the camp. The Auschwitz camp is dead. What's the point?One by one, the camps' representations are dead as they're torn down. And soon, it'll probably come to me. You all won't have to worry much anymore." 

She sighed and stood up. "I should probably shower" she said. "I feel disgusting. Probably look the same way." She joked lightly, chuckling. "Because nothing says beauty like blood." 

How dark, but he suppose he had been there too once during the wars. He just nodded slowly, even if he disagreed with her, but he could tell that she wasn't in a mood where she felt like looking on the bright side or finding solution, so he let it slide and decided that it could wait. Instead he just gestured toward the shower.

“Well, it’s free for you to use of course,” he told her and went over to look under the sink. “I have towels down here…” he took some out and put them out on the sink. Then he walked over to the shower and pointed around. “Shampoo is there. You should try not to get your bandage too wet, but a few drops is okay. I stitched it up so it shouldn’t just spring up without notice, heh.” 

He pointed at the wall. “There is a robe there, and you can wear it to your room. I will find something for you to wear and put it in there,” he smiled at her and then thought once over, before shrugging. “I think that’s it. Tell me if you want me to re-heat your food later, okay.” 

Then he headed for the exit. 

She nodded as he explained where everything was. He was right. She didn't feel like being positive at the moment. 

"Oh, Toris?" She asked. "Thank you. For everything." 

When he left, she went and showered, relishing in the feeling of the warm water as she did. Yet she did it quickly. 

Soon, she came out with the robe on. Before exiting, she looked at herself in the mirror. Sighing at her reflection, she shook her head before walking off. 

(Sorry it's short. I'm a bit busy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back