• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heroes, Villains, and the space in between...

A L M O S A L M O S Are you still hoping for more to join? There's been a few signups today and I'd rather not swamp you. Looks like a really interesting story though.

I think he's sleep right now but I'm most likely sure that you can still join. Are you making a hero or villain?

As of right now we've got 1 hero, not including our NPC friend Dr. Good.
And we've got an Inbetween that 'tries to be good', so kinda a half hero that isn't officially a hero?

Feel free to do whatever you want though.

Oh! Also make sure to put what side your character is on. League of Heroes, The Villain Council, or "Inbetween" (not an official part of either side).

That's a good idea I'll be sure to add that to Vaughn and Senator Norton.
As of right now we've got 1 hero, not including our NPC friend Dr. Good.
And we've got an Inbetween that 'tries to be good', so kinda a half hero that isn't officially a hero?

Feel free to do whatever you want though.

Oh! Also make sure to put what side your character is on. League of Heroes, The Villain Council, or "Inbetween" (not an official part of either side).
I assume Vaughn is the in between?

49871e82e5d7a642ea025decbdec987c.jpg
Name: Anthony Cosgrove
Alias: G2
Sexuality: Bisexual
Power:
Energy Generation/projection- The trademark power of His family Anthony generates an energy He calls G Force. This energy Fuels his powers and has an effect similar to lightning but acts completely different. He can form this into Force Fields, Blasts of energy, eye lasers, and even full body eruptions

Flight- using the G-2 suits anthi gravity boots Anthony can fly at speeds of up to 120mph. If he uses the rocket gauntlets he can boost that to about 565mph

Super strength- Using the G-2 suits rocket gauntlets, Anthony can pump his G-force energy through rocket vents in the front, sides, And back of the gauntlets allowing him to stike with incredible force, lift vast weights, add speed to his flight, and change direction quickly in the air.

Power level: 7 ( the amount of energy Anthony can generate is quite spectacular enough to destroy several city blocks or even a small town.)
Power mastery: 6 (While alot of his own abilities have been mapped out by his Father's experience as Captain G. Anthony still has much to learn about his own capabilities.)
Personality: Anthony is more than a little arrogant and with good reason, he rarely if ever looses his cool in tough situations. He's full of snide comebacks and witty retorts many of which are quite corny. While many call him an old fashioned or outdated hero, he proudly stands as a remodeled relic of the past. (no problem with killing surprisingly but it's not his first solution to any problem.)
Bio: Anthony is a bit of a prodigy, coming from a family known for superheroes. His mother built gadgets and his father was a masked crime fighter by the name of Captain G. one of the Original heroes to rise out of the city of new Atlantis, and sadly one of the heroes to loose their life in defense of the city.
Captain G, now known as Jonathan Cosgrove gave his life flying a heavily irradiated nuclear core from a facility which suffered a meltdown and depositing it into deep space. His sacrifice saved millions, but it left Anthony, a mere six at the time, to grow up without a father.
When he was fifteen his powers activated at an inopportune time. During a football game when he was tackled by another player a massive pulse of energy erupted from his body, injuring several other students. It was then that his mother pulled him from school and began to teach him all that she and his father had been able to discover about G-energy. When he Expressed interest in following in his father's footsteps, his mother began to train him. He underwent six long years of training, his mother declaring that she wouldn't let him go until he was at least as good as his father was.
Yet after this training a powerful hero arose. His mother gave him the G-2 suit, taught him it's features and Anthony has since used it in an attempt to live up to his father's legacy.
Skills:
The G-Style: A martial arts style his father invented for anti-gravity fighting. It is a mixture of Krav maga, Capoiera, and Akido all of which Anthony had to master separately.

Computer sciences/Hacking: the one thing Captain G could never master was technology that's where his wife came in. However Anthony trained under the very same woman, as such he is an excellent hacker easily falling into the worlds top five. (he's number 5, his mom is number 4.)

Aerial Acrobatics- While flying Anthony is capable of incredible maneuvering. Able to dodge incoming anti-aircraft machine gun fire with minimal effort.
Likes: Being the Center of attention, a good fight, being told he is just like his father.
Dislikes: People who bad mouth his father, easy victories, villains who lack basic human decency.
Other:
superhero_concept_art_by_bradwright-d8kddor.jpg
Captain G- the original Hero of Anthony's family, and one of many to fall in the line of duty. He possessed all of the same powers as Anthony but to a lesser degree. The original G-suit was destroyed with Captain G in space.

Last edited:
Regarding Joseph, when I first posted him I left out one of the powers he had because I was afraid people would think he was OP,
But I've been slightly beating myself up over it. xD

Does anyone mind if I add it to him? This is what it would be.

Low Telepathic Abilities~
He can telepathically communicate with anyone within a 20 foot radius of himself. He can only communicate with one person at a time.
And he can only read someone's mind if he is in physical contact with them and said person is willing. Otherwise it's no-go.

Regarding Joseph, when I first posted him I left out one of the powers he had because I was afraid people would think he was OP,
But I've been slightly beating myself up over it. xD

Does anyone mind if I add it to him? This is what it would be.

Low Telepathic Abilities~
He can telepathically communicate with anyone within a 20 foot radius of himself. He can only communicate with one person at a time.
And he can only read someone's mind if he is in physical contact with them and said person is willing. Otherwise it's no-go.

I don't mind :) I think it'll help out alot actually

82cbbd79ef3f492a722a3cfcac308326.jpg

Name: Alyssa Violet
Alias: Little Seamstress
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Power: Dummy Replica
- Alyssa can target a person and then allow herself to hurt them through her bunny toy. The toy will morph into a replica of the person she targeted, and whatever damage Alyssa does to the toy the same thing happens to the target. So if she targets someone she can cut her toys arm, and the cut will also happen to the target's arm. After Alyssa finishes using this power her toy returns back to being a bunny soft toy.

Power level (1-10): 1
- Alyssa can only ever hurt one person at a time, and it does absolutely nothing to the surrounding area.
Power mastery (1-10): 7
- Alyssa is able to do basically whatever harm to the target, but if the target is too far away then she won't be able to hurt them anymore.
Personality:
Alyssa is a playful child who has an intense curiosity in the more morbid side of life, thanks to her father figure. She enjoys playing around with small animals and practicing her power on them, finding it fun and a good way to pass the time. She isn't very bright since she doesn't go to school, so she is quite gullible. She is easily tricked into believing that someone is on her side, but her trust is usually given to those that are trusted by her father. Alyssa is almost always by her father's side, and if she is separated from him she suddenly loses all of her self-confidence and quickly attaches herself to someone else. She is just a child after all. Finally, Alyssa is extremely attached to her toy, a bunny named Puff. If she were to lose it or if it got destroyed, well, she basically loses her power.
Bio:
Alyssa lived a nice couple years with her family as a normal child. She had friends that were the same age as her, she went to school, and she acted like the average 5 year old. One Christmas, Alyssa received a present that had come from her grandparents. It was Puff, a bunny soft toy. She grew attached to the animal, and she began carrying it with her all the time. There was nothing unusual about Puff. It was just a stuffed animal at the time. It was natural for Alyssa to become so attached to the thing, it was basically her security blanket. Once Alyssa was 7 she was kidnapped by someone that she now calls her father. Her memories of her family had been wiped so that she wouldn't make a large commotion and so that she would become attached with her new father. After her kidnapping, Alyssa had also gained her power. She wasn't too sure where it came from, but she's confident that it was because of her father.
Skills:
- Sewing
- Speaking Spanish
- Knowledge on anatomy

- Her father (not biologically her father)
- Puff (her bunny plush)
- Cute animals
- Dresses
- The colour red

Dislikes:
- The dark
- Reading
- The cold
- Rain
- Extremely sugary foods
A L M O S A L M O S Finished! I'll be making another character to go with Alyssa as well (her father) before I start though.

I am a bit reluctant to allow children into the story. Usually I don't feel comfortable with anything under 16 ish... would it ruin the character if you aged her up a bit? I like the concept a lot... it's just for RP sakes to keep it as 'child friendly as possible' D'::closedeyesfrown:

A L M O S A L M O S Are you still hoping for more to join? There's been a few signups today and I'd rather not swamp you. Looks like a really interesting story though.

If you wish to join it can be fine. It's a very open thing, and I am used to people just leaving for no reason. So the more the merrier I suppose. Eh... No really. Feel free.

Hey people. Sorry I had some work again, and then some sleep again. But this has grown beautifully. those of you that know the rules, and have been helping those who have questions - if this was D&D i will give you inspiration dice! Thanks. Gonna post now.

F7kVtOa.jpg

Alex Hughes
Alias: Dynamo
Sexuality: Straight​

Power: Electricity Generation
Alex can begin to rapidly stockpile electric charge within his body before discharging it at will. Charging for longer produces a higher voltage, but he can't store power for very long. While primarily a contact-based power, with sufficient voltage he can discharge electricity through the air over short distances, but more like a momentary strike than full-on force lightning.

More usefully, when directly touching an object Alex is able to manipulate the movement of whatever the current is passing through. This turns standard electrical cables into useful tools and weapons, and with enough power and heat he can start to bend metal objects (albeit inefficiently).

Alex's main weakness is his lack of control over power he discharges. The electricity still follows the same rules of physics as it normally would, and so any kind of conductive material will act as a lightning rod if it stands between him and an opponent. Similarly, he can't restrict which objects his power will flow into if the target is touching something else. While he believes he may also be able to manipulate electronic devices, Alex has so far been unable to do anything but short them out.

Power level: 8 - In theory Dynamo could overload and destroy the entire national grid, although there would be little to gain from this and so his practical destructive potential is much lower.
Power mastery: 3 - Alex lacks control over the finer points of his power. He still struggles to avoid accidentally discharging if something touches him while he's producing current.

Personality: Alex is smart and a cunning tactician, but rarely spends the time to think things through before acting. He is a pretty headstrong person who you could call reckless at times, but he means well. His view of the world of heroes and villains is perhaps too idealistic, yet this makes him enthusiastic about getting involved and making a difference. Outside his masked life he can actually be rather pessimistic and negative, feeling a lack of engagement with wider society. That said, he will readily trust in those who do get close to him and can always be relied upon.

Bio: Alex grew up on the other side of the country, having moved to New Atlantis a few years ago to start a new job as an engineer, hoping for a better life. However, he recently lost his long term girlfriend in an accident involving a fight between local heroes and villains. He deeply resents those involved in the accident and doesn't know how to properly handle the situation.

In a twist of fate he then found himself developing superpowers of his own, and while still conflicted about the meaning of this he aspires to become a hero and help prevent further loss of life. To that end he has been practising alone and trying to figure out how to keep his new undercover identity secret. Some might accuse him of using his new abilities as a crutch to deal with trauma in his personal life.

Skills: Alex's career gave him a thorough understanding of machinery and the principals behind electronics. He learns quickly and has a fair knowledge of local city. He still knows little about the local hero/villain community and finds himself struggling to gather information on them, not knowing where to start.

Likes: Technology, people he can confide in, music, baseball, cats.
Dislikes: Crime, villains, certain "heroes", the countryside, dogs.

---​

A L M O S A L M O S - Here you go, hope this is ok!

Last edited:
I just accidentally clicked on the notification tab while working on a post that has taken me about an hour to make... anyone know how to get it back? Anyone?!!!???!!?!!?!??!? AAAHHAHAHRHRHBSAFDBIBG:IUG{BU{DISUBSDJVBPI VPI:U :KDJSV:KHV ASD:IHC VP:IASYEF: UGERYP(W*HRFWC*(VRPWE*YCVPIV*YWERPBC*YWEPRT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just accidentally clicked on the notification tab while working on a post that has taken me about an hour to make... anyone know how to get it back? Anyone?!!!???!!?!!?!??!? AAAHHAHAHRHRHBSAFDBIBG:IUG{BU{DISUBSDJVBPI VPI:U :KDJSV:KHV ASD:IHC VP:IASYEF: UGERYP(W*HRFWC*(VRPWE*YCVPIV*YWERPBC*YWEPRT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't a draft be saved automatically?

it wasn't because I was typing another message to someone else... so it took that as the draft. I am gonna leave my computer now and drink a glass of wine before I come back and redo it. otherwise I am just gonna kill someone. btw. I like your char.

Ah that's a shame, sorry if I cost you all that work! I tend to rely on browser extensions like Lazarus to avoid loss like that.

If everything is ok with the character I'll get a starter post up soon! Was worried about being balanced enough.

Hey....
I'm thinkin of creating a female character, however, I am conflicted. Hero or Villian?
Or alternatively, a Rebel for kicks....
Can anyone offer help?

And Almos, I know how you feel :/ , hang in there

hello AVo. we have so many baddies. perhaps a hero? I will DM a D&D group for the afternoon now. I will be back online in about five hours. will check in then.

A L M O S A L M O S I've edited Alyssa, she's 16 now. It's a little bit weird for her to follow her father around and have the bunny soft toy, but I'm sure it's fine. It just adds to her character, right? :P

Also, is it alright if my characters are both baddies? I had thought of them to both be villains, but you just said that there are already quite a few of them so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back