• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Heroes Rising Rebooted

Argus

"Come on Argus. Time for your weekly game." The guard grunted without emotion. The guards detested this practice, they thought it was...unsafe...they were right.

Argus smiled to himself and rose, following the man out of his cell and through the familiar halls of the facility. It was a short distance from his cell to the wardens office, but Argus took in every detail like a man who would never see them again...because he would not.

"In you go." The guard grunted as they reached the door, pulling it open.

"Ah! Argus! You're on time as usual! Ready for our game?" The enthusiastic warden asked, approaching Argus with a grin.

Argus stepped into the door, followed by the guard, and nodded, "As usual. I'lll get you this time I'm sure of it!" Argus replied with a fake grin and some strained enthusiasm.

Every game was the same, the warden was a horrible chess player. But every time Argus threw the match, and the warden ate it. He kept inviting Argus back, enthused with the fact that he was actually winning. And Argus kept with this routine.

The game board was already set up and so Argus sat, calmly regarding the warden, "So? What is this weeks news?" Argus asked with a slight smirk.

"Eh? Oh nothing important for us, just all the old heroes disppeared. Shit hit the fan in Manhattan as usual, boring stuff." The warden muttered, eyeing the board.

"Is that so? Wonderful news actually. Warden, I believe I'll be checking out now." Argus stated simply, his tone as if he was at a simple hotel.

"Eh? Excuse me?" The Warden asked, leaning up in confusion.

"I'll be leaving now." Argus stated, standing.

"Oh? Don't want to lose today?" The warden asked, confused.

"No, I'm leaving the facility. Right now." Argus said.

Realization dawned on the wardens face and he chuckled, leaning back, "I've never had an escape while I've been warden, and the only way you'll break that record is over my dead body." The Warden stated.

Argus smiled, a sickening smile, "Those were my intentions." He said softly. By now the guard had approached and moved forward at these words, only to fly backwards as Argus placed a hand on his arm and zapped him with enough voltage to halt his heart. He slammed into the wall with a sickening thud, his head leaving a bloody smear as he slid down.

The Warden jumped up and backed away, eyes wide, "Wh-when did you learn that?" He asked, his voice shakily.

"Oh? Shortly after I arrived here. I've been...biding my time. But don't worry. I don't intend to use it on you..I have a much more personal idea for you.." Argus said slowly, advancing on the man.

The warden stepped back against the wall, trying to escape, a cornered rabbit with no exit. Perfect.

"S-stay away! Just go!" he shouted, trying to salvage his life. But it was of no use. Argus had plans for him.

The Warden choked out a yelp as Argus lunged forward, the cry for help silenced as Argus' hands wrapped themselves around his throat and constricted. Argus easily slid the man off the ground against the wall, his face a mask of glee as he squeezed the life out of the pitiful fool. The Warden struggled and clawed at Argus' arms, his nails leaving bloody furrows in his skin, but no matter what he did he couldn't budge the man. Argus only smiled, a warm yet sickening smiled, as he squeezed, and squeezed, and squeezed. The warden struggled and thrashed in his hands, his feet flailing against the wall, his face going blue as his mouth gasped for air. Argus only grinned further as his struggles started to slow, his eyes fading, movements fading. And finally the man went limp, and shortly after that Argus knew the job was done.

Argus let the man's body crumple to the ground, a satisied smirk on his face as he turned to the man's desk and rummaged around. After a moment he found a key to the wardens personal rooms. Argus' smile only widened as he proceeded into the rooms. By the time he came out he was no dressed in a fancy suit, clean shaven, hair cut, and smelling faintly of lavender. Argus then proceeded through the facility, electrocuting any guard that he encountered up until he reached the security room, at which point he opened all cell blocks as well as the main entrance.

"Prison break..." Argus mumbled with a smirk. Argus then proceeded to the parking lot in the back, where the day shift staff, now besieged by inmates, would park their cars. A small electrical jolt had a car ready to go and Argus drove away from the facility across the island bridge system, aiming for manhattan, all the while whistling a happy sing song tune...

Hunter watches from the rooftop, seeing his opportunity to disable Konrad/Tyrant lost. He sheathes the knife he used and switched the explosive function off. He pulls the hood off of his head and walks over to the opposite edge of the rooftop, eying what appeared to be a girl in Deathstroke's armor cornered by a pale person who appeared to be using shadows as a weapon, a shadowy giant snake, and two shadowy wolf creatures. 'Yeah, staying clear the hell away from that one,' he thought. He slumped down with his back against the wall facing away from that scene.

Mary Eve

After a few moments of Mary quietly following... Well if they had said their name, she didn't remember it. So, after a few minutes of following someone her mind finally settled down and wrapped around a few key ideas. Of what she could do, or things she needed to or wanted to know.

"So," she started slowly, wanting to approach the topic appropriately, "how, how was I found out? I've never left a victim alive, and... It just seems sudden. It has been awhile since anyone paid any close attention to my case."

(( Oops, forgpt @Wuya ))

Roo said:
Ray gave in to his hesitation for a moment as he thought over things, but he finally let go. Giving the slightest of sighs as he started following Sly. Gaining a relatively decent speed, considering his crummy shoes and somewhat restrictive outfit.
"So, if I could ask. What are we about to do anyway," Ray asked as they went, "I mean, what are we against?"
"Uh.... Albert, what are we up against?"

"Triple Zero's file says that he has the ability to create explosions with his blood once it exits his body. So please, don't charge into battle without taking this into consideration. I'm tired of sewing up your costume after each and every fight you find yourself in."

Sly nodded and shut off his coms device before turning to Ray, stopping to talk to him. "TZ is a blood bomber. So don't let anyone of his blood get on, near, or around you."

"Blood as a weapon," Ray gave an inaudible sigh, then answered back sarcastically, "great."

After a short moment adding, "I've always been used to seeing blood as an effect of aggression, not the cause."

Kilik smirked under his helmet. "Good one. Now. This is the last murder you will see, but the death will be yours, Tyrant." He slashed his spear horizontally at Konrad's abdomen at a blinding speed and then retreated, jumping back a few feet.

"Well this time, it's not the case. Now come on! I wanna get to TZ and KoD before the two run off!" Sly said as he used his full power, speeding past Ray, almost vanishing from sight. He continued to run until he came to the location Albert had broadcast to him a few minutes ago. "Hm....." Sly could hear voices, conversing. One voice seemed almost panicked, as Sly could hear the faintest quiver in the persons voice. IT was like they were trained to show no fear but had met their match. Sly grinned as he came to a sudden realization. The voice he heard belonged to his good friend, Kiss Of Death. Overcome with a strange sense of joy and happiness, Sly scaled the building and hung from the buildings edge before pulling himself up.

After taking one glance at the dogs, snake, and the guy in the straight jacket, Sly looked back to KoD and grinned. Putting his chin in his hand, Sly coughed, making his presence known. "Hey there, Kiss! How's it going!?"

@Roo

@Huntrey

@Daimao

Ray walked up behind Sly after he announced his presence to 'Kiss'. Whomever that might be. Wiping his forehead, his bangs pulled up a moment before sweeping back down to cover his scars and empty socket. He let out a deep breath and cracked a smile.

"Sly I pecked you to be someone faster than that, I pretty much kept up and I'm wearing shitty loafers," Ray pulled at his shirt slightly, it was clear that he had exhausted himself following Sly although he'd probably be able to do it all over again and not complain or drop down from his fatigue.

AvidElmV2 said:
"Well this time, it's not the case. Now come on! I wanna get to TZ and KoD before the two run off!" Sly said as he used his full power, speeding past Ray, almost vanishing from sight. He continued to run until he came to the location Albert had broadcast to him a few minutes ago. "Hm....." Sly could hear voices, conversing. One voice seemed almost panicked, as Sly could hear the faintest quiver in the persons voice. IT was like they were trained to show no fear but had met their match. Sly grinned as he came to a sudden realization. The voice he heard belonged to his good friend, Kiss Of Death. Overcome with a strange sense of joy and happiness, Sly scaled the building and hung from the buildings edge before pulling himself up.
After taking one glance at the dogs, snake, and the guy in the straight jacket, Sly looked back to KoD and grinned. Putting his chin in his hand, Sly coughed, making his presence known. "Hey there, Kiss! How's it going!?"

@Roo

@Huntrey

@Daimao
Triple Zero's head shot up at Sly's words, his emerald eyes shining with hatred. The shadow blade reappeared, multiplying into twenty. Five of them pressed against Kiss of Death's neck. The other fifteen pointed themselves at Sly and Ray. The shadow hounds growled. Triple Zero said nothing.

Wuya said:
Linus O'Friedy / Nero
deathnote3014LG.jpg
A small smirk appeared under Linus' hair as he was thrown upwards by the cylinder. He teleported back on the ground, his smile growing even larger. "Well done. I think you have the habit of thinking too much" he said as he looked up with a devilish smile. "I can still read your mind; I can easily tell what your next move is." Linus paused as he hands glowed blue and anything that was around him floated upwards and dared towards Safeguard with incredible speed. Cars, bikes, trash cans, even a cat was seen in the middle of it. Without hesitation, he darted forward with the objects, teleported through them, one by one so he wouldn't get hit. When he was a few inches away from Safeguard, he teleports above him and slammed his heel towards his skull. Only one thought raced through his mind. Two minutes left.

@Roo ))

Simon Valentine

Simon grinned enthusiastically. He stopped walking and turned around to talk to Mary again. "Yeah, its true that you killed all SHIELD agents that we have sent to do espionage on you. Though, my partner Nero can read minds. All he needed to do was stay in the shadows and take the information from their brains. Once you kill them, he would already be out of the area." Simon skipped happily in front of Mary, quite pleased with himself. His staff hung loosely in his hands, gleaming in the sunlight. They were getting closer to headquarters, he could see it in the distance.

Linus O'Friedy / Nero

The objects continued to slam into Safeguard, but they were increasing in speed. After a few minutes, the surrounding area was running out of things to throw, so the hits died down and came to a stop. After they stopped, Linus flashed in front of the man and the corners of his lips raised slightly. He shoved his hands in his pocket calmly and turned around to begin walking down the abandoned street.
"You passed. Follow me I you still want to join our organization. Well done, I really thought I wouldn't have to activate first stage- actually thought I would kill you."

"That doesn't make even..." Mary mumbled after a moment, "that makes no sense. I've never killed any SHIELD agents. As far as I always knew SHIELD ignored me. I'm not exactly a high profile villain. I've always made for a piss-poor criminal at best."

Mary pulled her fingers through her hair slowly, "this Nero guy... Why didn't he ever try to help 'em? Is mind reading all he's got up his sleeve?"

Wuya said:
Simon ValentineSimon grinned enthusiastically. He stopped walking and turned around to talk to Mary again. "Yeah, its true that you killed all SHIELD agents that we have sent to do espionage on you. Though, my partner Nero can read minds. All he needed to do was stay in the shadows and take the information from their brains. Once you kill them, he would already be out of the area." Simon skipped happily in front of Mary, quite pleased with himself. His staff hung loosely in his hands, gleaming in the sunlight. They were getting closer to headquarters, he could see it in the distance.

Linus O'Friedy / Nero

The objects continued to slam into Safeguard, but they were increasing in speed. After a few minutes, the surrounding area was running out of things to throw, so the hits died down and came to a stop. After they stopped, Linus flashed in front of the man and the corners of his lips raised slightly. He shoved his hands in his pocket calmly and turned around to begin walking down the abandoned street.
"You passed. Follow me I you still want to join our organization. Well done, I really thought I wouldn't have to activate first stage- actually thought I would kill you."
Safeguard watched as all his shield begin to dissipate with every hit, trying to focus on rebuilding the shield to keep up with the pace. He was unable to, the last car completely destroying the shield; but Safeguard was lucky enough to survive the five minutes. Standing up and letting the shield go, Safeguard held the small cat close. "Thank the lord, for a second I actually thought you were going to kill the cat and I." Safeguard chuckled lightly, hoping that he wasn't wrong.

Sly ooed and awed at the shadow blades as he studied them, fascinated. "Umbrakinesis! You know, I always wanted umbrakinesis. I mean, you gotta love a power that allows to bend shadows!" Sly looked to Triple Zero, unfazed at the anger he was displaying. He then face palmed and laughed. "Damn, skippy! Where are my manners? Names Sly, but you can call me the new Deadpool! rhymes without 'too cool for school' and 'I'm the best at what I do, bud'-ool!" He threw his head back and let out a psychotic cackle, laughing at his own joke. Once he calmed down, he let out a sigh and turned to Kiss. "So, who's your friend, Kissy-Poo?"

Hunter had thrown his hood back up in order to see the new arrivals on that rooftop. A non-serious one in a reddish costume and another. He grabbed a throwing knife off pf his belt and set it to explode on impact, with the gas effect of course. He grabbed a pair of binoculars off of his belt and focused over on the small crowd. Even though he couldn't har, he could tell by their body language that the red, mouthy one was an acquaintence of the female Deathstroke, and the one in the straight jacket was an experiment of some organization, most likely SHIELD.

"Yes sir." Damion said. Damion began to cough and think of his father pushing a burning cigarette into Damion's arm, searing the five year old child's flesh. Damion remembered the senseless beatings and ruthless attacks his father and mother hand, most of them involving stabbing or burning.

Jazmyn Abrankovich

Jazmyn's petite figure was stopped by a group of thugs with gleaming yellow teeth and smelled like something that came out of a sewer. She simply blinked and stared at the one in front. They didn't pose any real threat, they were only carrying baseball bats and the one in the middle had a pistol in his holster. After closely examining all seven of them, she looked up at the one who seemed to be the leader of the group. Before she could even speak, she was raised upwards with only one hand. The man chuckled, his throat rumbling deeply. Jazmyn raised her eyebrow and blinked again as the man's breath invaded her face.

"Can I help you.. sir?" The men in the back murmured to themselves as she spoke. The man in the front spoke first. "Huh? We haven't gotten any money today so kidnapping you would be our perfect opportunity. Y'know, get a ransom for your release..? And if we can't get a ransom we'll just kill you." Jazmyn looked side to side in the alleyway. This was the 'bad' part of town so it was likely that no one was around. Without showing any motion, she sighed. "I have no parents." Without letting any more nonsense continue, her whole body lit up in black flames and a loud, high-pitched scream echoed throughout not only the alleyway, but any nearby roads. The man immediately let go of Jazmyn in fear, his hands and arms bubbling the black flames, spreading through his flesh. He fell to his knees, his skin slowly peeling away.

Jazmyn looked up to the other thugs, her hands surrounding in flames again, showing no effect. The colour quickly changed to a light blue and she raised her hand, pointing her finger towards them. "You shouldn't bully little kids. It isn't nice." Jazmyn started walking away, calmly and slowly. As she reached the only exit of the alleyway the flames blasted forward, blocking the exit. The flames slowly crawled towards her prisoners. She turned around smiling for no particular reason. Without talking to anyone in general, she mumbled- "Stupid bullies."

@Roo

Simon Valentine

Simon's smile faded and he turned around to Mary again, walking backwards. "Nero, huh? He's kind of a.. serious guy. Doesn't really care about anything except SHIELD which is funny because he had to be locked up before deciding to join the organization. Don't worry though, if he chose you.. you'll be alright. Just don't do anything stupid."

@Roo

Last edited by a moderator:
Wuya said:
Jazmyn AbrankovichJazmyn's petite figure was stopped by a group of thugs with gleaming yellow teeth and smelled like something that came out of a sewer. She simply blinked and stared at the one in front. They didn't pose any real threat, they were only carrying baseball bats and the one in the middle had a pistol in his holster. After closely examining all seven of them, she looked up at the one who seemed to be the leader of the group. Before she could even speak, she was raised upwards with only one hand. The man chuckled, his throat rumbling deeply. Jazmyn raised her eyebrow and blinked again as the man's breath invaded her face.

"Can I help you.. sir?" The men in the back murmured to themselves as she spoke. The man in the front spoke first. "Huh? We haven't gotten any money today so kidnapping you would be our perfect opportunity. Y'know, get a ransom for your release..? And if we can't get a ransom we'll just kill you." Jazmyn looked side to side in the alleyway. This was the 'bad' part of town so it was likely that no one was around. Without showing any motion, she sighed. "I have no parents." Without letting any more nonsense continue, her whole body lit up in black flames and a loud, high-pitched scream echoed throughout not only the alleyway, but any nearby roads. The man immediately let go of Jazmyn in fear, his hands and arms bubbling the black flames, spreading through his flesh. He fell to his knees, his skin slowly peeling away.

Jazmyn looked up to the other thugs, her hands surrounding in flames again, showing no effect. The colour quickly changed to a light blue and she raised her hand, pointing her finger towards them. "You shouldn't bully little kids. It isn't nice." Jazmyn started walking away, calmly and slowly. As she reached the only exit of the alleyway the flames blasted forward, blocking the exit. The flames slowly crawled towards her prisoners. She turned around smiling for no particular reason. Without talking to anyone in general, she mumbled- "Stupid bullies."
Ray attempted his best as he followed Sly, and possibly if is was not for his crummy shoes and his restrictive outfit Ray might've not done so poorly. In the very least he would not have lost him entirely. At that point Ray had to stop, his hands on his knees as he took in deep breaths. Brushing his fingers through his hair he stood back straight. Figuring he would just have to go on with his day as normal. The other guy, Sly, was no where to be found at that point.

Waiting a few moments to catch his breath Ray decided it would just be best to head back home. Which he did, walking down the quiet streets, staring up at the calm sky. Things weren't too bad, chasing trouble wasn't going to help with him with issues he already had. It would just be better to find a new place to live. Sort a few things -

"Sorry," he apologised automatically as he bumped into someone, glancing down to a girl. That was odd, he didn't sense anyone... He still couldn't sense her. His head tilted, in curiosity liken to a small childs. One of the odd qualities about Ray, despite his nasty scars and facial tattoos while themselves aren't scary people often make assumptions about, he always had such an expressive face that often by itself could change people's moods.

After a quick glance over the girl, he commented without thinking, "what are you?"

Wuya said:
Simon ValentineSimon's smile faded and he turned around to Mary again, walking backwards. "Nero, huh? He's kind of a.. serious guy. Doesn't really care about anything except SHIELD which is funny because he had to be locked up before deciding to join the organization. Don't worry though, if he chose you.. you'll be alright. Just don't do anything stupid."
"So then, this Nero dude finds me interesting? Huh, seems it be just easier to have killed me by now. This whole working for SHEILD thing seems dull..." Mary placed her hands on the back of her head as she walked, "why do you work for them?"

[media]

[/media]

Rayne and Jack

The joyride

There were always two ways to crash a Mexican stand off, three if you counted firing. You could be careful and smart, or you could do it with style. Needless to say Jack preferred style. Style in the form of hitting a rather large ramp like object close to the disturbance and teleport it, himself, and Rayne so that said car was now flying straight for the group.

Jack quickly grabbed Rayne, honked the horn real quick, and teleported the both of them to an empty roof above.

"Jack you fucking maniac!" Rayne growled.

"Whatever... just... distract them a minute..." Jack muttered, hunching over and holding a handkerchief up to his nose to catch the rather large blood flow from it.

"Hah, that's what you get for being a dumbass." Rayne said with a smirk before walking to the edge of the roof to see the damage.

Akuma

The assignment didn't seem to be going all that well for Akuma at all. At the moment, the S.H.I.E.L.D located the one known as "Triple Zero", and had no intention of reporting to base until he located the target. His seemingly stoic demeanor betrayed the slight exasperation he was beginning to feel. His gunmetal eyes scanned the streets once more, honing in on even the simplest details. However, nothing had changed, thus far...

Isaac wasn't surprised to see Eve gone. Who would want to stay after a madman had lunged at and tried to kill her? After rubbing the back of his head, thinking of a solution to his problem, Isaac decided to do the only thing he could do, as his time was waning due to the inevitable approach of the po-po: Go on a breaking and entering spree. Leaving the building, Isaac turned and began to walk down the street, breaking into any and every house he encountered, hoping to find Eve.

Evelyn

Evelyn awoke in surprise to a thud against her back, followed by a second. Evelyn slowly got up and backed away, confused. She was about three feet away before the door was kicked off the hinges and slammed into her. Evelyn fell back with a scream and a crack as her head hit the wall behind her and she fell beneath the door.

Isaac poked his head into the room and frowned at the sight of the woman. He walked in and pulled the door of her, a slight panic rising in him. The woman that was behind the door was the same woman he had met at the bank.What was worse was that Isaac hadn't a clue what to do. He had never received any medical training, so if Eve had received blunt trauma, she was as good as dead. And to Isaac, that was a very bad thing. He needed her. Badly! Isaac lightly touched her cheek and waved to her, hoping that she wouldn't scream again.

Evelyn didn't move, she was obviously out cold. Any probing to the back of her skull though would reveal only a rather large bump. No cracks or cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back