Idea : ̗̀➛ help me think of a plot for an office horror!

mizton

𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥
thank you for clicking on this! would anyone be able to help me think of some cool directions to take a horror story set in an office building?

here's some visual inspiration: link here

i was recently watching a misao playthrough & had the thought, "i want that but at an office." i've been closing a lot at work & would love an rp that captures the eerie feeling of being at work/school afterhours.

the initial premise i thought of was this: employees suddenly find themselves unable to leave the building. i imagine it'd be cool for it to be like a weird work accident, like the doors' security jammed/locked up & it could be explained away as a security bug & they carry on their day as normal, with supervisors apologizing for the inconvenience, calling the building management, the fire department & everything. throughout the scene, there's like a sense of normality where the characters can have a scene where they interact as they have for months/years prior, working in the same office. a time to solidify dynamics!

for that to be like the opening scene & it ending with the main group suddenly finding themselves trapped even further, with the world beyond the windows being pitch black & it being very apparent of this being something supernatural, would be super cool!

after that, i don't have any other scene ideas but i'd love to touch on like characters going hungry, losing their sanity, turning on each other, etc.

beyond that, i have no idea where the plot should go. :'D should it be a haunting? like to rip off misao fully & have an npc employee be murdered & haunt the people who have wronged them? should it be like an eternity devil thing where they're just inexplicably suspended in reality with no sense of time? what should the characters be working towards to escape the building?

when it comes to writing, i'm not the best at telling stories so i would love some advice or ideas!

in the meantime, if anyone wants to take this office horror idea, please do! i think for me to do this justice, it would take months T_T if you take it, all i ask is that art/anime be allowed so i can join!

Last edited:
Wow it's been a hot minute since I've played Misao. It also gives Corpse Party vibes which I love. I can help you plot if you will have me Miz! ^^

What if once the characters realize the world outside has gone dark, the doors unlock, however it doesnt lead outside, but instead into a liminal space like the Backrooms where the space just keeps going?

Last edited:
(I have no thoughts other than I think you would  really like a game called The Stanley Parable!)

I have a really great idea but I don't want to spoil it so I'm going to PM you the idea in an hour or two. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back