Literature Help Me Find This Book!!

BlueMoon

Always sleepy

Alright, so in 3rd grade(like 12 years ago) I was assigned to read this book for reading group and for the life of me I can’t remember what it is, or find it online. I have searched and searched for this book for years now and I can’t find it. There is a strong possibility this was just a VERY vivid dream, but if I’m wrong and it isn’t a dream but an actual book I would love to read it again! I don’t have a full plot or anything, but I can describe it for the most part.

So it takes place in this cult(??) which is actually a secret government site(I think??). They believe they live in the 1800’s or something when it’s really 1980-2000(I’m not sure exact time period). Every kid in town basically gets sick always and lots of kids die because of it. Well the main character goes on this long adventure through the woods and makes it to the edge of her people’s land and eventually by the end of the book when she is dying from the sickness she figures out that their creek/river thing was being poisoned by the government to only make the strongest children survive.

I know weird, but thanks for taking a look! :3

Every kid in town basically gets sick always and lots of kids die because of it. Well the main character goes on this long adventure through the woods and makes it to the edge of her people’s land and eventually by the end of the book when she is dying from the sickness she figures out that their creek/river thing was being poisoned by the government to only make the strongest children survive.

This part actually sounds like something I picked up from the library two or three years ago. But.. I can't remember the name either, haha. Have you tried googling it?

Every kid in town basically gets sick always and lots of kids die because of it. Well the main character goes on this long adventure through the woods and makes it to the edge of her people’s land and eventually by the end of the book when she is dying from the sickness she figures out that their creek/river thing was being poisoned by the government to only make the strongest children survive.

This part actually sounds like something I picked up from the library two or three years ago. But.. I can't remember the name either, haha. Have you tried googling it?

At least I'm not alone! I have tried to google it a few times actually, but all I get is different (Unethical) government testing, I've learned a lot from it xD

At least I'm not alone! I have tried to google it a few times actually, but all I get is different (Unethical) government testing, I've learned a lot from it xD

Sorry I couldn't help you more! The book I read was a Young Adult novel, I think, so I'm not sure how many third graders would read it. ^^

Sorry I couldn't help you more! The book I read was a Young Adult novel, I think, so I'm not sure how many third graders would read it. ^^

It's all good! I at least feel more like its an actual book now :D It wasn't a full class reading story I believe it was just an assigned book report, but still that would be pretty high reading level for third grade xD

The only thing that I can find that looks like this is Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

The only thing that I can find that looks like this is Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

Ooooh! That does sound pretty similar. I'll have to read it through and see; we did read quite a few of Haddix's books in elementary school.

You sound like me.
There needs to be a database where you can input details, however minute, and find a book you may or may not have read ten years ago.
And obviously, all search results that were not found would default to the error screen, "this was probably a dream you had."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back