Warrior Cats Help a newbie out!

Stenny

🕯 We are rough folk used to rough ways.
I haven’t read Warrior Cats for YEARS and don’t remember even half of it - but I used to adore the setting and as a kid I wanted to write it so bad! Any help?

Blood clan is a group of rogues and not really a clan

Okay, from what I have found, Dark Clan was never really a clan; regardless of what Feralfront wanted people to believe. It was an imaginary clan made up by two apprentices (Heatherpaw of wind clan) and (Lionpaw of thunder clan) DarkClan - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

From what I understand one territory was destroyed and the cats moved to another territory

I don't know, I never got into the warrior cat series and mostly stuck to the tribe and sky clan on feralfront when I did trad. Mostly was in Agrelos, feral front's own game rp.

Obviously the tribe isn't a clan at all but a different group of cats altogether

Five main clans are:

• Thunder Clan
  • River Clan
  • Sky Clan
  • Wind Clan
  • Shadow Clan

Medicine cats cannot have mates or have kits. Medicine cat apprentices cannot have mates or kits.

There's only one real rank in the clan. Warriors which are the hunters/fighters.

Ranking (the five clans):

Kits: 0-6 moons
Apprentices: 6-12 moons
Warriors: 12+ moons
Senior Warriors
Medicine Cat (maximum 1)
Medicine Cat Apprentice (maximum 1)
Deputy
Leader (only cat with 'star' suffix-has 9 lives)
Elders (old cats who have retired or can't do anything anymore)
Queens (pregnant and nursing cats)

They follow the warrior code.

The warrior code is as follows:

Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
[*]Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
[*]Elders, queens, sick or injured cats and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
[*]Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
[*]A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
[*]Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
[*]A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
[*]The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.
[*]After the death, retirement, promotion (to a leader status), or exile of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
[*]A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
[*]Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
[*]No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
[*]The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
[*]An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
[*]A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
[*]Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.

Believe in 'star clan' and 'dark forest'-their 'religion'

Kittypets are cats that are raised by humans/live with humans

Sky Clan, for some reason has 'daylight warriors' which are kittypets working for them as warriors in the day and then they go home at night. They also have a 'mediator' that goes between the clans and these are the only two unique positions in sky clan.

Clan terminology - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

There also seems to be a 'warrior clan' of kittypets as of the book Greystripe's Vow, run by a female kittypet named 'monkeystar' who made herself leader but doesn't have 9 lives or gained her leadership from star clan. They seem to be an 'informal' forest clan, living in the forest whereas the other clans live around the lake territories now. WarriorClan - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

Tribe Ranking:

Stoneteller (leader & healer)
Stonteller to-be
Cave Guards (warriors)
Prey-Hunters (hunters/guards)
To-Bes: (apprentices)
Kit-Mothers ('queens')
Kits
Elders

Tribe of Rushing Water (modern) - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)
General Tribe information - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)
Tribe of Endless Hunting - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com) (tribe's 'religion')

Last edited:
As a reReader, I can confirm this all true
Blood clan is a group of rogues and not really a clan

Okay, from what I have found, Dark Clan was never really a clan; regardless of what Feralfront wanted people to believe. It was an imaginary clan made up by two apprentices (Heatherpaw of wind clan) and (Lionpaw of thunder clan) DarkClan - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

From what I understand one territory was destroyed and the cats moved to another territory

I don't know, I never got into the warrior cat series and mostly stuck to the tribe and sky clan on feralfront when I did trad. Mostly was in Agrelos, feral front's own game rp.

Obviously the tribe isn't a clan at all but a different group of cats altogether

Five main clans are:

• Thunder Clan
  • River Clan
  • Sky Clan
  • Wind Clan
  • Shadow Clan

Medicine cats cannot have mates or have kits. Medicine cat apprentices cannot have mates or kits.

There's only one real rank in the clan. Warriors which are the hunters/fighters.

Ranking (the five clans):

Kits: 0-6 moons
Apprentices: 6-12 moons
Warriors: 12+ moons
Senior Warriors
Medicine Cat (maximum 1)
Medicine Cat Apprentice (maximum 1)
Deputy
Leader (only cat with 'star' suffix-has 9 lives)
Elders (old cats who have retired or can't do anything anymore)
Queens (pregnant and nursing cats)

They follow the warrior code.

The warrior code is as follows:

Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
[*]Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
[*]Elders, queens, sick or injured cats and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
[*]Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
[*]A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
[*]Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
[*]A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
[*]The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires, or is exiled.
[*]After the death, retirement, promotion (to a leader status), or exile of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
[*]A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
[*]Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
[*]No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
[*]The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.
[*]An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win their battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
[*]A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
[*]Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.

Believe in 'star clan' and 'dark forest'-their 'religion'

Kittypets are cats that are raised by humans/live with humans

Sky Clan, for some reason has 'daylight warriors' which are kittypets working for them as warriors in the day and then they go home at night. They also have a 'mediator' that goes between the clans and these are the only two unique positions in sky clan.

Clan terminology - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

There also seems to be a 'warrior clan' of kittypets as of the book Greystripe's Vow, run by a female kittypet named 'monkeystar' who made herself leader but doesn't have 9 lives or gained her leadership from star clan. They seem to be an 'informal' forest clan, living in the forest whereas the other clans live around the lake territories now. WarriorClan - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)

Tribe Ranking:

Stoneteller (leader & healer)
Stonteller to-be
Cave Guards (warriors)
Prey-Hunters (hunters/guards)
To-Bes: (apprentices)
Kit-Mothers ('queens')
Kits
Elders

Tribe of Rushing Water (modern) - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)
General Tribe information - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com)
Tribe of Endless Hunting - Warriors Wiki - Erin Hunter, The Silent Thaw, The Broken Code (fandom.com) (tribe's 'religion')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back