Hello

Duskstalker

Hi everyone, I go by Duskstalker, and I'm here looking to recapture some of the lost magic of my school days spent making friends on discussion and RP forums while also perhaps finding a better outlet for my writing than occasionally posting a comic script on DA, throwing it out into the vastness of social media, getting nothing back, and getting discouraged.

I'm generally not very good at talking about myself. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none in terms of geekdom. I like movies, TV, books, comics, anime, and games, though I couldn't answer as much trivia about any of them that other fans might. That's all I can really think of for now.

Welcome to the site fren! :3
I'm very much in the same boat when it comes to my gaming x3 there's certain series that I love, but I probably couldn't answer much about them xD
Feel free to come say hi any time if you have any questions, I'll probably be lurking around the discord chat ^33^

Hi everyone, I go by Duskstalker, and I'm here looking to recapture some of the lost magic of my school days spent making friends on discussion and RP forums while also perhaps finding a better outlet for my writing than occasionally posting a comic script on DA, throwing it out into the vastness of social media, getting nothing back, and getting discouraged.

I'm generally not very good at talking about myself. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none in terms of geekdom. I like movies, TV, books, comics, anime, and games, though I couldn't answer as much trivia about any of them that other fans might. That's all I can really think of for now.

Ah, a fellow nostalgia-chaser.

RPN is really good for an active community, so you'll definitely get a lot back. We're pretty friendly on the whole, and as a fellow jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to geekdom, it's good to have a kindred spirit.

What comics/anime/games/etc are your faves? And what kidn of RPs do you enjoy?

Welcome to the site Duststalker, and I hope RPN can help you find some inspiration/motivation as much as it has me :)

Ah, a fellow nostalgia-chaser.

RPN is really good for an active community, so you'll definitely get a lot back. We're pretty friendly on the whole, and as a fellow jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to geekdom, it's good to have a kindred spirit.

What comics/anime/games/etc are your faves? And what kidn of RPs do you enjoy?

Welcome to the site Duststalker, and I hope RPN can help you find some inspiration/motivation as much as it has me :)
Heh. Talking about nostalgia, it's been a long time since I've seen that misspelling.

I've actually not been keeping up too well with comics since I stopped playing Heroclix (I have a complicated relationship with collectibles games), but I'm an old fan of the Thunderbolts. To the point that I'd see foreshadowing that the other Marvel movies are leading to the Thunderbolts, even though my logical brain knows it probably wouldn't work. Unless we're talking about webcomics, in which case I know of a couple hidden gems, namely Grrlpower, Spinnerette, and Ms. Melee, which do cool things with the superhero genre, which I want to write myself. But... I've fallen behind on those myself since my last couple of character ideas turned into failures to launch and I've been kind of discouraged since.

Anime standouts include Food Wars, Restaurant to Another World, Konosuba, and My Hero Academia. Pretty typical fare for modern titles, overall... I did binge Outlaw Star on Funimation fairly recently. I'd heard so little about that series since first seeing it I almost thought I made it up, but it doesn't disappoint. Until it ends too soon, anyway.

Games are a whole other beast. Are we talking tabletop, board, video, or what? I play a bit of everything

RP preferences? Well, I guess I prefer things with action and adventure, but I'll try about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back