hello there!

<.<
>.>
You know what's also good?

Gouda grilled cheese sandwiches with apple slices real thin. It doesn't work as well with tomato, but with apple, it's divine.

Also, gouda pasta salad with basil and tomatoes is delish~

<.<
>.>
You know what's also good?

Gouda grilled cheese sandwiches with apple slices real thin. It doesn't work as well with tomato, but with apple, it's divine.

Also, gouda pasta salad with basil and tomatoes is delish~
why am i writing this down??? truly how fast can i abandon feta cheese the people want to know xDDDD

hmmm so if it pairs well with apple, i'm guessing it's a salty cheese? or a nutty flavor?

I can link you recipes if you like! Just let me know and I'll shoot them to your PMs!
Come to the Gouda Side.

It's definitely more of a nutty cheese. I usually get smoked gouda, though, because I find it has a better flavor than regular gouda, I'm not sure how much the smoking impacts it, though - never did a thorough analysis, just listened to the tastebuds, haha. And it pairs well with tomato when they're both cold, but when they're hot, as in the grilled cheese scenario, apple works so much better.

I can link you recipes if you like! Just let me know and I'll shoot them to your PMs!
Come to the Gouda Side.

It's definitely more of a nutty cheese. I usually get smoked gouda, though, because I find it has a better flavor than regular gouda, I'm not sure how much the smoking impacts it, though - never did a thorough analysis, just listened to the tastebuds, haha. And it pairs well with tomato when they're both cold, but when they're hot, as in the grilled cheese scenario, apple works so much better.
i would actually love that, please send them along! i'm really feeling this apple and gouda for lunch some time this week, hehe

the taste buds cannot lie. i am usually a fan of salty cheeses (hence the feta opener) BUT if you melt any cheese i am automatically a fan. the only question i have now is ~ how oily does gouda get when you melt it? v important for my paper napkin game

In my experience, gouda does not get oily. I'm not sure if brand will impact that - I usually get Boar's Head or Dofino. I'll send the recipes I have right along~

It's a thing I know. If Limerick is in the Midwest maybe it's a Midwest thing?

Everyone seems to know so much about cheese and food, dang. But what I have no idea about regarding cheese, I think (hope) I know about in the Star Wars universe, lol

In my experience, gouda does not get oily. I'm not sure if brand will impact that - I usually get Boar's Head or Dofino. I'll send the recipes I have right along~

It's a thing I know. If Limerick is in the Midwest maybe it's a Midwest thing?
answering the important questions. this is how all discourse should be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back