Hello, it's me

Lost Echo

🏳️‍🌈
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello,

I'm not exactly sure what to put here, so if you have any other questions just ask? It's been a long time since I've roleplayed--or wrote much of anything really, so I was hoping to relearn those mental muscles. I was hoping someone could explain a bit more about the "nation building" roleplay type under preferences. I've done both one-on-one and group roleplay, and have a general knowledge of how dice could factor in, but nation building seems dauntingly ambiguous.

Welcome! *throws confetti everywhere* I'm sorry about the very late welcome. I got busy Thursday nd Wednesday? How are you settling in to the site?

Lol. No, that's fine. I can completely understand. I think I'm doing okay. Still a bit intimidated, but optimistic? I've sort of wandered through the roleplay forums, and think I have a clearer understanding of nation building (I'm just thinking of it like Risk or something similar.) And have stared at the dice roleplaying enough to consider trying it...just later.

I was also wondering the average speed of roleplays here. Most of my group roleplay experience came from GaiaOnline, where in the main forums posting was rapid enough that my slow internet connection frequently couldn't keep up, while the guilds I joined was more a post or two a day. Where on that scale does RpNation fit? I mean, I know each one is different, and there are times when the posts just flow and then slow periods, but I was curious.

I am... clueless when it comes to Nation Building honestly, but I'm sure I can help in other ways! I do believe that Nation Building is you playing a nation and it's leader? That may be wrong. Either way, Welcome to RpN!

I can empathize with cluelessness. This isn't so important, but I was wondering what the line under my username means. Frequently it's just New Member, which is self explanatory, but for a while it was BLACKJACK, and then ...bust?

Oh. xD That is your title. You can change it under Personal Settings. Normally, it goes by posts to give you a title that is generic.

Oh! So the blackjack was for 21 posts and the bust for 22. That's cute. One more question...I prefer using the Book Antiqua font, is there a way I could get the site to remember that instead of changing everytime I post?

That, I am not too sure about. There may be a way, but I am almost certain I would be up until 2:00 AM looking for it.

There is so much more to do with BBC than I remember GaiaOnline having that I'd think there would be a way. If you find out will you tell me?

Your roleplay preferences show you as unavailable for roleplaying. If it's not rude to ask, is that because you're busy, or do you do something else on the site?

I will tell you as soon as I find out!

As for my roleplay preferences, I have not changed them yet and thus it seems I am not available to rp with. I sometimes do other things on the site, but for the time that it has been there it has been because I have been busy with a few different things. ^^

I was wondering about the policy of pictures. Like for avatars or character profiles? ...I'm not artistic, is it okay if I use someone else's work? In the roleplay I joined I noted the artist, but I still felt worried about it.

I believe it should be. I usually use someone else's artwork. The only thing that should be against the rules is if said picture was explicit or showed areas that a child should not see. And I believe there is a no gifs rule as well.

That's good to know. Your avatar is really pretty, by the way. Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to have to go to bed soon. I hope you have a good night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops. I didn't edit that fast enough. Yeah, I do need to go to bed. I hope you have a good night!

[QUOTE="Fading Echo]
Lol. No, that's fine. I can completely understand. I think I'm doing okay. Still a bit intimidated, but optimistic? I've sort of wandered through the roleplay forums, and think I have a clearer understanding of nation building (I'm just thinking of it like Risk or something similar.) And have stared at the dice roleplaying enough to consider trying it...just later.
I was also wondering the average speed of roleplays here. Most of my group roleplay experience came from GaiaOnline, where in the main forums posting was rapid enough that my slow internet connection frequently couldn't keep up, while the guilds I joined was more a post or two a day. Where on that scale does RpNation fit? I mean, I know each one is different, and there are times when the posts just flow and then slow periods, but I was curious.

[/QUOTE]
It actually totally depends on everything. Groups tend to be faster than 1x1. Simple, 1 liners are a lot faster than detailed with 3-5 paragraphs, etc. It depends on what you're involved with and who you're rping with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back