Hello All, I'm Ara

Arabella Cauwell

Harry Potter and Asian Drama Ambassador
Hello All, I’m Ara,​

I am new to RPN, but I am an experienced Roleplayer, English Major Graduate, and a writer by nature. I have pretty much been writing since I can remember and rping for about 12 years. When it comes to someone to rp with I prefer someone who is 18 or older, writes well, and who meshes well with me. I’m an idea person, so I come up with a billion of them depending on the couple, the world, and my current interests.

I want writing partners who are well written, but don’t get annoyed by small grammatical mistakes, because rping should be for fun. I’m more about content, interest, and character development than anything. As long as posts are understandable and interesting I will be happy.

I mostly do M x M, and occasional M x F pairings. I don’t do F x F. Most of the pairings I eventually list I can and will be happy to play either character, but occasionally I do have a preference depending on other rps I’m in already or if I don’t think I can do the character justice. I have no problem playing multiple characters or NPC’s in an RP if needed.

As an RPer I fluctuate between constantly being on, and getting busy and needing breaks. My schedule is pretty odd, meaning sometimes I have zero time and other times I have days where I’m free and can go back and forth with you if you’re on. Pressure generally makes me retreat, so I’d like to work with rpers that are okay with a very loose schedule if we end up in a long-term rp.

When it comes to rping I like situational rping, because besides specific Harry Potter Rp, my rp interests fluctuate dramatically so it can only keep my interest so long. Plus if I rp based off of situations then I can make sure that I have enough time for the person I’m rping with, because I will only accept a few at a time. My fandoms / interests / muses have phases, so I like switching things up. So I can only say that I will generally at least finish the scenario we agree upon, but beyond that it depends on how well we mesh as rpers, what type of rp I’m currently in the mood for, and if/how many others are waiting for an rp. Of course if our Rping styles and fandoms/interests match then I would be more than happy to continue rping with you when I have the time, but if we don’t mesh as rpers then I hope we can end things amicably.

I enjoy talking ooc, but I’m a pretty private person so I don’t share identifying details, just generally what I’m up to. I prefer to let my characters talk for me. Others can decide what they wish to share or not with me and I’m cool with whichever they choose.

When it comes to Rping I often let the characters, or my muse of the moment, decide how things go. This is because I feel that the characters interactions can sometimes change things. Let’s say for example we decided to do a Superman x Batman roleplay and we agree that Superman is the dominant one, but as we write Batman starts acting more Bruce Wayne like and Superman is suddenly a nervous, stuttering Clark Kent, then despite what we wanted to happen, Batman would become the dominant one, or they’d end up as switchers. And things of that nature.

I can play Male or Female, Dom or Sub or Switcher, Normal/Supernatural, etc... as long as it’s something and a character that I enjoy. My females tend to be more dominant by nature however. I actually have a lot more fandoms and am willing to do more pairings than are listed so if you think of an interesting pairing from any of my listed fandoms that are not there feel free to post the pairing. I’ll let you know if I’m willing to try it or not. I won’t accept any pairings that I don’t think I can pull off or have interest in, but sometimes I surprise myself with who I’d like to see together.

As far as experience or Character analysis, I mostly do Harry Potter and Naruto Rp’s. But if I listed it, I’m confident enough to try and I will explain via pm (when I can use it) if the character I’m playing is likely to be OOC or in Character, or questionable, as I feel some characters would act differently when in love.

Speaking of love, I like my rp’s to be comedic, romantic, light hearted, and fun most of the time. I won’t do majorly angsty rps. That being said if it’s something like Sirius x Remus I’m not against including the darker elements of their lives, I just don’t want to constantly be focusing on depressing topics in each post.

I generally like to do love/hate, where at least one of the characters holds the relationship off for a long time before finally giving in or forbidden love, where even when they are together my character is panicking that they'll be found out. I like the tension of mutual liking, but the chase is the best part for me, from either side. So generally I like one character not admitting they like the other to their face anyway for a long time, if our rp ends up continuing after the first one or two times.

My biggest rp craving is Harry Potter - Marauders Era, where I love Sirius x Remus. For any Harry Potter RP I only play in school times. I will also will play Harry Potter Founding Era, Golden Trio Era, and AU. I don’t like Next Generation unless it’s an AU make it your own way type, but I do not mind playing OC’s for AU’s. On the various sites I’ve been on I’ve played: Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Regulus Black, James Potter, Fred and George Weasley, Ron Weasley, Molly Weasley, Helga Hufflepuff, and a bunch of OC’s. I would like to try a Hogwarts going Minerva McGonagall, Lily Evans, and Lucius Malfoy one day however. Depending on the scenario I’d be willing to try some of the other characters, but not all of them.

Otherwise I’d like to eventually try Disney/Fairytale/Nursery Rhyme twists, Superman x Batman, some characters from Naruto, Kpop band members, and interesting original ideas, etc…

I will list my pairing preferences, plot ideas, and characters I play in the Looking For section when I’m in the mood for things as they come up.

I’m excited to be here and to hopefully find some new, kind, and awesome posting partners.

If you got all the way to this part, then thanks for reading ^^ .

Sincerely,
Arabella Cauwell​

Last edited:
Let’s say for example we decided to do a Superman x Batman roleplay and we agree that Superman is the dominant one, but as we write Batman starts acting more Bruce Wayne like and Superman is suddenly a nervous, stuttering Clark Kent, then despite what we wanted to happen, Batman would become the dominant one, or they’d end up as switchers.

You've just put so many ideas into my head I don't think I'll be able to look at the Justice League the same way. ;)

lol Glad to be of service ^^ You should have seen me tallying Tony Stark x Captain America moments in the movie theater during Civil War to prove to my friend its a thing haha

I like when my friends have me describe Civil War to others without saying the title of the movie until the end,

"It's about a soldier whose dating a rich genius, until one day the soldier hears that his ex is doing badly and decides to help him. The rich man gets jealous and tries to convince the soldier to leave it alone and just stay with him and be good. Both threaten to break up and even divide up their friends. Then there is an epic battle between friend groups and the soldier ends up in jail, but escapes. At the end the rich guy kind of helps because he sees he was a bit wrong, and the soldier sends a beautiful love letter, but they so far have not come back together after that."

Then generally the person asks what movie this is and I say, "Civil War."
^^

What kind of rp's are you into Loyola? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back