heaven, hell & biopunk

VALEN T.

i have this idea w some lore already planned but i need help w coming up w events yknow ?

so the world end in xxxx and ever since, everyone has either been inhabiting heaven or hell for last x centuries (bc 1 day in the afterlife = 10 or sumn years irl.)
everyone starts off in hell to "redeem" themselves i.e. they basically burn their sins away, living in constant torment and yet unable to die. they're free to do as they wish there tbh, and over time the sinners have established a dystopian/sci-fi society which means they can bionically fortify themselves however they wish.
once they've served their time in hell, they're made to cross this river in the middle of nowhere but outside both heaven and hell that basically washes off all their irl memories so they can live a guilt-free new life in heaven, where instead of it being technically advanced, ppl have minor powers like water bending, talking to animals--all that cutesy shit yknow ?

so thing is one day everything on the 7th sky (where heaven n hell are located) falls quiet, n the archangels stop visiting the saints of heaven, and the ppl who're returning from hell are still impure + remember their past sins and reminds others of theirs + start causing chaos even the priests of heaven are unable to control.

and then suddenly...ppl start disappearing. in batches of 4 to 7, they're being dragged back down to earth which is a biopunk wasteland now: think cloudy w a chance of meatballs but w a y darker + creatures from the mist, the host, venom, invasion of the body snatchers, the quiet place, the day of the triffids, little shop of horrors (there's a lot more i could list but can't remember rip) etc inhabiting the planet.

that's...all i got tho: a setting. like, yh the point is ocs are thrown into this world of monsters + people-turned-monsters but like.............lol that can't it be right you can't just wing it + i feel like a l o t can be done here, my brain just isn't cooperating w me into coming up w more.
and 👉🏽 👈🏽 if someone would be interested in helping develop this idea further w me + introducing some arcs, i'd be so grateful !! 🥺

Last edited:
The way that I like to create events for a story is having a clear conflict. You mentioned that the archangels are no longer visiting the saints. You also mentioned people are disappearing. Are these events connected? Why are they occurring?
see the thing is i know they're connected somehow but......how ??? idk 😔 i need to work on that.
thank you !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back