Hearthstone compass

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
I don't have Aspect Book: Earth in my collection, so when I saw a Hearthstone compass listed in CotI, I had to wonder what it was.

From the very first time I read the Exalted book, I thought that a major weakness to Hearthstones was that they could be carried far, far from their Manses of origin, and if their owners died or lost them, there would be no way of knowing where they came from.

I thought of some kind of device that, when a hearthstone is placed into it, would point toward its Manse. Is that what a Hearthstone compass does, or does it serve another function?

How does it work?

-S

One inserts the hearthstone in the compass, and a glowing line appears that leads them back to the Manse if memory serves.

Yes, Joseph is right, they also have another, passive function which is enabling any user with Essence sight to see a line of force leading to the nearest Manse. They're Artifact 1 and have a 2 mote comittment cost

These look to be a fairly useful item. Particularly in a game where characters have a tendency to loot bodies. "Hey, I wonder where this hearthstone is from?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back