• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hearthbound (Open to anyone!)

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A young girl stands in her bedroom. Today, the fourth of October, doesn't happen to be her birthday. Sixteen years ago, this girl was given life, and three years ago, she was given a name, which was promptly typed onto an honorary Placronym and placed on her bookshelf. 

What does this Placronym read?

>Mila Wallace

>Nova Mcbride

>Skye Fustace

>Nova Mcbride

nova.png

Your name is NOVA. As stated, you are sixteen years old, and today is not your birthday. It is, however the release date of a highly anticipated game by the name of URBN, made by a new game development company called SKAIANET. VIDEO GAMES is one of your many INTERESTS, some of the others being ANIME, ELECTRONIC MUSIC, and ROLLR, an online blogging site. You yourself run a BLOG, actively critiquing mainstream ANIME in a HUMOROUS and TACTFUL way. You also sometimes critique MUSIC, but not as harshly as you do ANIME. Your walls are covered in ANIME and BAND POSTERS, and your BOOKSHELF is stocked full of your favorite ANIME, both DUBBED and SUBBED. The middle shelf, the easiest you can get to, is filled with POKEMON GAMES, however. POKEMON is perhaps your favorite VIDEO GAME, and the upcoming release of POKEMON SUN AND MOON has you HYPED. Some other things in your room include a BED, a DESK with a COMPUTER on it, and finally a TV mounted to the wall with a BLU-RAY PLAYER hooked up underneath. It's simple but it works. 

Today you and four of your online friends are going to play the game URBN, as one of your friends seems to have gotten everyone a copy. Perhaps they're more psyched about this game than you are? Regardless, there is a bit of a catch. Your copy of the game hasn't shown up yet! You were supposed to receive it by mail, but nothing's come for weeks. Your desktop computer pings: one of your friends is trying to contact you via a chat program called Botherbud. They're probably going to ask you about the game that you don't have. 

What should you do?

>Enter Command

From now on, voters can enter commands of their own when prompted with >Enter Command instead of picking selections. All commands must be entered in the form of >Character name: Action.

Last edited by a moderator:
>Nova: Open Message

You decide you might as well admit to your friends that you don't have the game. Perhaps one of them will let you download their copy from online? Going over to your computer, you sit down and open up Botherbud. Oddly enough, it seems only one of your friends is online right now. 

-- typeCollateral [TC] began bothering analogousAevum [AA] --

TC: hey

TC: are you ready to start up?

AA: No not yet. 

AA: Skye must have messed up my address or something. My copy hasn't shown up yet. 

TC: man that sucks

TC: did you check your mail today?

AA: Actually, no I did not. 

TC: do that

You suppose you should probably check your mail. Or maybe your Cousin did that already? He likes to spite you for some reason. 

What should you do? 

>Enter command

Voters can change between characters by using the format >Character 1: Be Character 2. So long as you have a name, you will be able to switch between characters. 

Voters can also progress the story without voting. If the story gets to be a bit too linear, or there's no clear second choice, voters can instead use the command -==> to progress the story in a natural direction. This command essentially leaves it up to me, the GM, to choose which path the story takes. 

>Nova: Be Skye

You are now Skye.

skye.jpg

Your name is SKYE. You have many INTERESTS, some of them being your FRIENDS and BAD HAIRCUTS. Okay, maybe not BAD HAIRCUTS, but you do like REBELLION. Your PARENTS are OVERBEARING, in your honest opinion. Your favorite color is BLUE, and your favorite hobby is CUTTING YOUR HAIR, as your PARENTS never take you to a barber. They seem to like you with LONG HAIR, and since you're all about REBELLION, that simply won't do. Your room is full of your PARENTS' INTERESTS, including STUDYING, READING, GEOGRAPHY, and MATH. Your DAD runs SKAIANET, and after a whole month of CONFOMITY, you managed to snag five early copies of URBN to give to your "SCHOOL FRIENDS". Rather, you mailed them to your INTERNET FRIENDS given that you have no SCHOOL FRIENDS.

Currently you are ASLEEP on your BED. 

What should you do?

>Enter command

>Skye: Wake up

You wake up. Looking around your room, however, almost puts you right back to sleep. It's too boring! You wish you could actually do something about the decoration of your room, but your parents "won't have no hooligan for a daughter". Ah, oh well. At least you can change things up by drawing on something with a permanent marker. Ah, there's one! On the desk full of textbooks that your parents so lovingly put out for you. Yeesh. 

What should you do?

>Enter command

>Skye: Check the mail

You don't know why you need to check the mail. There's never anything in it for you, and your parents never let you touch the stuff, regardless. Of course, because you're not allowed to touch it means you always try to touch it and mess with it as much as possible, much to your parent's dismay. Now that you mention it, you should probably take a weapon of some sort, just in case your father's down there. Wouldn't want to go into a fight empty handed. Looking about the room, you have several options available to you. There's the aforementioned marker on the desk, though you suppose maybe Nova would take to that one better... Under your bed, in a small trunk, you have a collection of plastic halloween weapons, including but not limited to a fake gun, a plastic knife, a plastic sword, and other assorted items. If you want to get really crazy, you could probably even throw a textbook at him. Heck, almost anything in the house is weaponizeable. You know of a few crappy spears in the hallway, if nothing in here strikes your fancy.

What weapon will you take?

>Marker

>Fake gun

>Plastic knife

>Plastic sword

>Textbook

>Spear

>Enter other weapon

> Tsar Bomba on a R-36 ICBN missile....

wait .. its a bit too big O.o   , I don't think they can carry that .....yet

> Plastic Knife I CHOOSE YOUUU !  xD

Well have to start somewhere right ?? :P  

>Plastic knife

You suppose a plastic knife will do for now. When you get to the kitchen, where the mail is kept, you'll probably want to swap this out for a real knife. You ALLOCATE your PLASTIC KNIFE to your STRIFE SPECIBUS, changing it from nothing to KNIFEKIND. This is basically a long-winded way of saying you're allowed to use anything considered a knife in combat. Unfortunately, this also means you can only use knives while in combat. You're vaguely reminded of a child by the name of Chara that you remember Nova telling you about. Of course, you're 99% sure that's just a video game character, and not someone who really exists. 

Now, with your PLASTIC KNIFE in hand, you're finally ready to make your way downstairs and find the mail. 

Did I mention you live in a mansion? No? You live in a mansion. It takes you a good five minutes to get downstairs, none the less get to the actual kitchen, which is more or less for decoration, as you have a restaurant-grade kitchen in the back with five-star chefs ready to cook you whatever you want, whenever you want. So there's really no need for the family-grade kitchen, except for leaving your poetry and horrible drawings on the fridge. Aha, just as expected, the mail is sitting on the counter. Picking up the papers, you riffle through them. Yuck, seems mostly like bills and taxes. You set the plain white envelopes and junk mail back down. 

Suddenly aware of a presence behind you, you whirl to find your Father standing there! Did he see you riffling through the mail? Seems like, as he pulls out a letter opener. You're about to engage in a Strife

What should you do?

>Aggrieve

>Assault

>Abscond

Strifing is this world's form of fighting. All actions in a Strife start with the letter A. The three basic commands for Strife are as listed:

>Aggrieveing is a passive technique that defends you by attempting to convince your opponent to not attack or not attack as hard. If not done correctly, this has a high chance of backfiring.

>Assaulting is an active technique, in which you outright strike your opponent with your weapon.

>Absconding is perhaps the technique that ends fights fastest, given that this is simply running away from the fight altogether. Occasionally, you won't be able to Abscond.

>Aggrieve

as what someone once said..... " The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities... It is best to win without fighting.  "

some ....famous human said it....* scratches helm *  .... I don't recall Tai saying anything like this but... it just popped up in my head O.o   .

>Aggrieve

You take your report card off the fridge and point to it incessantly. It's been straight A's for months, all to get a pre-release copy of this game. Father seems to hesitate a bit. He looks to the letter opener, then to the stack of mail on the table. Whatever's in that mail must be very important, as he still slashes at you. Luckily, it's a miss, whether intentional or not. It does, however, leave your perfect report card cut in half. 

What should you do?

>Accuse

>Assault

>Abscond

>Accuse

(This is fun! :3 Skye is a name I really like, and she's my favorite so far for the mere fact that any woman who stands up to patriarchy instantly get many points on my book, haha. Badass heroines, unite! Teehee.)

>Accuse

You Accuse your Father of being a bad parent! This seems to hit too close to home for him. He seriously seems to be reconsidering things... Father drops the letter opener and absconds with the mail! Strife won

Well, that was eventful. It seems you can't really double check the mail, but now you know there's nothing in there for you. Your iPhone vibrates, meaning one of your friends is trying to contact you via Botherbud. You suppose you should see who that is. Then again, there's also the possibility of finding a real knife around here. Perhaps you could take that letter opener Father was using? Or you could look for the kitchen knives.

What should you do?

>Enter command

>Skye: Take letter opener and check Botherbud 

Yes, good plan. You pick up the letter opener, placing it in your Strife Specibus instead of the PLASTIC KNIFE. Hmm... odd, the Strife Specibus seems to reject your LETTER OPENER. Perhaps it's because it's not labeled as a knife? You'll have to think up a fancy name for it... uh... PARCEL PIERCER? Mm, no the Strife Specibus rejects that, too. MEMO MAIMER? REPLY RIPPER? ...MAIL.... KNIFE? The Strife Specibus seems to accept that last one, oddly enough. Regardless, you drop your PLASTIC KNIFE on the ground, no longer in need of it. The idea of having a KITCHEN KNIFE is tempting prospect, but you suppose you should leave before Mother shows up and demands what all the racket is. 

As you make your way back up the stairs, towards your bedroom, you take out your iPhone to check Botherbud.

-- typeCollateral [TC] began bothering awestruckGastric [AG] --

TC: did you ever mail Nova her copy?

TC: are you even listening?

TC: HEY!

AG: shut the duck up Vito.

AG: I was in the middle of a strife.

AG: of course I mailed Nova her copy.

AG: dummy probably lost it under all her bullcrap anime.

Yeesh, that sounded harsh. You should probably fix that

AG: er... 

AG: I mean

AG: I can't get her another copy.

AG: but I'm 100% sure I got her copy in the mail. 

You love Nova, you really do. It's just... sometimes you really want to hug her. With a fist. Around her neck. Tightly. Your interest in your friends mostly stems from your envy of their less strict parental units, you realize. You also realize that's probably a really big realization, and discard it immediately. At least you know Nova's somewhat in the same boat as you are, parental unit-wise. She can just be so cocky and know-it-all sometimes, especially with her hare-brained stories that everyone else seems to believe. Geez, sometimes you felt like the only sane one in your friends group. You suppose Nova would like to talk with you about her "missing" parcel as well, so you might as well get on a computer so you're not typing stubs at an astonishing two words a minute. 

What should you do?

>Enter command

>Skye: Be Skye's father (JK, JK! ^_^ )
>Skye: Be Nova

(I hope Nova can get it sorted now that Skye will set it straight with her. Or maybe Mila will have to come into play sometime soon to offer a solution? The plot thickens.)

(casually forgets that i put the names of the three female protags on the first page oops)

>Skye: Be Nova

You are now Nova. You've spent the last few minutes watching a crappy anime for your next review while Skye was Strifing with her Father. But it's not like you know what Skye's up to. Oh, that's right. Weren't you going to go check your mail? Or you suppose you could bother someone on Botherbud. Maybe Skye? You know there's some bad blood between you for whatever reason, but surely Skye wouldn't spite you like this after how much you've been talking about playing this game. Or maybe...? No, you're pretty sure he has nothing to do with it. 

What should you do?

>Enter command

>Nova: (Gently) bother Skye on Botherbud

(Bad blood? He? Ooooh~ *heavy breathing* lol)

448.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back