• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heartbeat

VoidWitch

Oh you know how it is
A mix of these two plots:
3. "Can you please break my heart?" where a boy meets someone at a park and he asks them to break his heart to feel something rather than feeling nothing nothing at all
4. I have an idea for expanding on Outcast x Cool Kid?:
Maybe instead of “Loner Outcast” like I usually see the pairing maybe the Outcast is like the popular kid of the rough and tough and weird kids? Sorta like a bad boy type, but less popular and more people are afraid of him. Maybe the Cool kid and the Outcast are paired together for some sort of project, maybe they have to raise one of those fake babies together? And so they’re having to adjust their schedules and try to work around each other when they Don’t Mesh at All w/ the Cool Kid having to come get the robot baby before Outcast goes to the bar and the Outcast having to come pick up the baby for a football game etc etc? I thought something like that would be cute!

Cool Kid:
Name: Michael Joshua Baker
Looks:
a654ee1d4252c723b95d67aa9847fe4b70dd4051.gifv

(FC: Willem Herborts)
Extra Info: /

Loner:
name: Samuel Wellington
looks:
SamWellington.jpg

*Note, he's usually clean shaven
info: Sam was well, a stereotype of a Bad Boy at first glance. With a Motorcycle and a hostile Demeanor, it was easy to see why most people left him the fuck alone. Sam moved out of his parents house, choosing to make his money on the weekends by fighting in street tournaments, with a little bit of gambling on the side. Sam was popular within the crowd he hung around, being the strongest and best looking, but he honestly could care less about most things, including his reputation. Those closest to him would speak out about the kindness Sam carried behind his outward Demeanor, but those voices were drowned out about everyone else talking about the violence that everyone assumed Sam was capable of. Sam only chooses to identify as queer, and really only sleeps around with other guys at the moment. Sam generally minds his own business at school, but those who cross him generally don't do so again.

Sam did not want to be in school right now. But this project was supposed to be worth half of his grade, and he just needed to scoot by with a C and then he'd be out of here in a few months. He didn't particularly like school, he had never been able to conform himself to fit in. Most of the kids seemed to have at least decent families - Sam moved out as soon as possible because of how toxic his parents were. That's probably why he looked even more disinterested when it was announced that the project would be taking care of some sort of electronic baby thing, to help teach them how family life was supposed to work. Yeah, okay sure.
However, when Sam saw that his partner would be certified pretty boy, Micheal Baker, he pushed himself out of his desk, going over to Micheal’s desk and sitting near him so they could get their robot baby. "Hey." He said, lifting his head up in a nod.

It might've been an unpopular opinion of sorts, but Michael, Baker boy, as others usually referred to him, really enjoyed school. What the breaks which he would spend alongside the people he called his friends, what the actual classes, tests and all the school projects which came along with it, and while the electronic baby project thing did seem like a very exciting thing for the brunette boy, none of his friends were actually taking part in it, meaning that he would be paired up with some random person who may or may not have been a freak.

Of course, when he learned that he would be paired up with the resident bad boy, Sam, he didn't know exactly how he felt about it. He was familiar with Sam's reputation, like most people in the school were, so he wasn't going into the project with no knowledge about his partner, but his partner still had an awful reputation.

Well, however he felt, he needed to suck it up, because before Michael knew it, his partner found his way over, sitting down in the seat beside him, greeting Michael with a simple 'hey'.

"Uh, hey, how you doing?" Michael asked, hopefully not sounding completely ridiculous and awkward while trying to make small talk with a bad boy.

Sam frankly, did not care about reputations all that much. That was almost certainly why his own was so bad. He knew of Baker boy, in that a lot of people liked him and he seemed to have the academics locked down of school. Perfect. Sam figured that it was lucky that he was at least getting a partner who would probably try to work on getting a decent grade. Sam was not sticking around here, and he was not going to to be retaking this class if had anything to do with it.
"I'm fine, and you?" Sure, Sam's reputation and temper often paved a pathway for the boy, but Sam wasn't just a dick. He did try to be polite to people who he didn't know or hadn't made a ruling on. It was just that once someone got on his bad side, things tended to go to hell.

"Look, I'm sure you're not happy that I'm you're partner, and I'm not happy I'm in this class. But I want to pass and I'm sure you want to do well and so I'm not going to be trying to put this project on you. I have a fairly flexible schedule except on Wednesdays and Saturdays, I can't take the damn thing at all then." The sentiment was nice, but Sam was definitely rough around the edges.

Hey, small talk actually worked, somehow! The guy wasn't acting like a complete dick even though Michael had his doubts and thoughts, those he really wasn't all that proud of. While he could be considered as a popular individual, he wasn't one of those popular guys who bullied as a sport or those people who judged everybody they could get their eyes on. He was actually about to continue the somewhat awkward small talk by saying that he was also fine, or something of sorts which would allow for the conversation to continue, but before he could say a word, Sam started speaking again.

The boy was being pretty straightforward, and Michael did appreciate that, but maybe his approach could've used some work... However, Michael could never be that straightforward. He cared too much about other people and their feelings, which might sound very saint of him, but it actually made his life that much tougher. If anything, he wished that he could care more about himself and not about others, but because he couldn't, he agreed.

"That works for me, I guess." It didn't really work, but like said, he wouldn't try to protest. "But why wouldn't I be happy that you're my partner?"

Sam didn't see why he needed to beat around the bush, he wasn't concerned with making friends with his partners. He was sure Micheal had already made up his mind about who Sam was, and what he expected Sam to do, so he was just bracing himself for that mentally.

Sam shrugged at his question. "Because most people in this school expect me to be really rude or something." He said bluntly. He didn't really mind. "So, what do you have after school? You have practice or something else I need to know about?" He asked, pulling out his phone for his schedule. "I'm sure we can work something out."

See, that was the one thing which could actually get Michael considerably riled up; when people judged other people based only on the person's reputation without actually getting to know them. People would always think he was this stuck up person, which was why most people seemed almost intimidated to speak to him. Of course, there was no reason to be intimidated, but Michael could definitely see where Sam was coming from, and his face showed a mixture of compassion and irritation, the irritation obviously not being towards Sam.

"Well, I have track practice right after school, and also there is that football game thing on Friday night, so I think I'd like to be there for that, but if you can't take care of the baby then, I mean, I guess I don't need to go to the game." He stumbled to find the right words to say that he would like to go to the game on Friday instead of taking care of the baby.

Sam just pushed his emotions down most of the time - he was a pretty anxious guy, but people couldn’t really tell from the outside because no one was able to get close enough to Sam. He rarely assumed things of people past the assumption that they didn’t like him.

“How long is your track practice?” He asked, glancing up. He assumed he’d probably be taking the baby during his practices then. “I can take her Friday if you want me too, as long as I can drop her off Saturday Morning or something.” Sam said with a shrug, glancing over the sheet passed to them.

“And we’ll need to find a time to do the living as a couple for 24 hours, and the taking the baby to dinner shit. But we can work on that later, we have a month after all.” Sam said, leaning back in his chair.

"They're two hours." He smiled before continuing. "And that means a lot. Thanks."

Michael wrote down what the two of them agreed on, both that he would have to take care of the baby on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and that he is free of the baby during track practice, oh and also that he is able to go to the football game on Friday after all. He basically crossed that out of his schedule when he found out he would be having to take care of a baby, so to be able to go and hang out with his friends then and afterwards made him happy.

"Ugh, I totally forgot we have to do this for like a month. The baby's gonna be dead after 3 hours, I can already tell." He joked, laughing at his own joke before looking at Sam.

Sam nodded. "No problem." He said with a nod. "During school - since I'm taking her for practice everyday, do you want to do you have her on Monday Wednesday and Friday? I'll take her Tuesday and Thursday during school and that'll balance out with the practices." He explained. "I'll take her Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night? You can take her the other nights and we can do every other week for Sunday." He offered. Sam wanted to get this planned and over with.
"Yeah - it fucking sucks to be honest. There are a lot of other more important things I have to do this month besides take care -" Sam paused as the teacher walked by with their robot. "- of a fucking robot baby." he muttered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back