• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Heart of the Mountain [WoD]

I'll be adding rules and other details soon. The other characters (Selene and Caeda) are free to post whenever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny's Gambling

>We're using an online card dealer, and he chose not to cheat...so it'll be random

>He's wagering his 1-dot resources in order to earn a narrative amount of money ("Enough to buy back his motorcycle")

>His Addiction (Gambling) flaw comes into play [because I frankly expected him to give up!], so 1 BEAT for him! [1/5]

6 dice for Presence + Striking Looks

[dice]12554[/dice]

Re-rolls for 10's

[dice]12555[/dice]

You get 3 successes. The result? Everyone is drawn to you! Good Luck!

Wits + Empathy (Specialty does not apply right now) 7 dice to try and figure out if poker player is trying to put on an act.

[dice]12557[/dice]

He doesn't look like he's putting on an act. He's just laying back in his chair looking pretty relaxed. He isn't super happy, so you can guess he didn't get an amazing hand, but that probably won't matter to him. He looks like he's going to play anyway, because he doesn't fold. You notice now that he looks like he couldn't care less what happens.

He seems to be examining you now... (I'll make the roll public so you guys can see)

[dice]12558[/dice]

[dice]12559[/dice]

Alright, so rolling to try and get a read on these people! Wits+ Empathy for 5 dice total! (specialty not aplying)

[dice]12563[/dice]

@ValkyrieRose

Great first roll! Since you need to get 8's, and you got two 8's you end up with 2 successes.

Now since @Xistund didn't set how good his Poker Face was yet, he gets to make a contested roll to resist. The pool for doing this is Wits+Subterfuge. If he gets less than 2, then you can read him.

Meanwhile, like Johnny did, you can clearly see that James is really relaxed. He's super carefree and laying back in his chair. When he looked at Johnny he seemed irritated about something. He's watching you guys...like really glaring. He isn't even looking at his cards at this point. He also looks really interested in you. He had a pleasantly surprised look on his face when he saw you. That's kinda creepy, it dosen't look like he thinks you're pretty. It might be that, or it could be something else, but you have no idea what that could be.

Wits + Subterfuge + Interdisciplinary Specialty (Mind Games) That' I'll have to rp out. 6 dice

[dice]12564[/dice]

reroll 10

[dice]12565[/dice]

reroll that 10

[dice]12566[/dice]

That's four. Really close to a critical success. Still good enough to block the empathy.

Can't wait to see this...

@ValkyrieRose I'm just going to wait on your post if that's ok. >_< I literally can't back down from this bet and everyone knows what cards I have so chances are I'm boned so I'd like to just wait and see what Caeda dose before I in character show my hand. xD

Sorry i didn't see your pose Umbrie, but i fixed that! Btw I see that Kurumi pick <3 I use her as a basis for one of the characters in my soty~

Karl told me that he's still moving into his new apartment and he won't have internet until Wednesday, so I'll try to keep everything going in this Session until then. We'll be stretching this out for a while xD .

Can you guys make perception rolls for me? (Wits + Composure or Wits+Subterfuge in this case works). It looks like he might be pulling some kinda trick, but he might just be mixing drinks. I know it seems weird, but I needed a reason why you’d be doing a Perception Check, because you'd be kinda suspicious.

I could do a secret roll, but that's boring! I'd rather be more active.

alrighty! wits+composure, herewego!

[dice]12645[/dice]

edit rerolling 10

[dice]12646[/dice]

so Johnny m'boy, you wanna work together on a dice roll to see what on earth this guy is doing to our drinks?

...i have no idea which ones though. I would assume wits+investigation for Caeda?

ValkyrieRose said:
so Johnny m'boy, you wanna work together on a dice roll to see what on earth this guy is doing to our drinks?
...i have no idea which ones though. I would assume wits+investigation for Caeda?
It'd be something more like medicine or chemistry/science + Intelegence

alrighty. I'll go ahead and roll for me, since i would be trying to figure it out with or without johnny boy

thats medicine +intelligence for 5 dice

[dice]12669[/dice]

I'll just assume I roll my two dice for intelligence since Nova's not here. >.< Actually before that can spend willpower on that :3
Willpower 1/2

[dice]12670[/dice]

Yeah @Xistund

The total would be -1 die, and then you add willpower, so 2 dice [technically you did it right]. So that means that @ValkyrieRose gets to roll 1 extra die thanks to your help. So just roll 1 more die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back