• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heart of Mana

TravelingMystic

Before the first era, before recorded history itself, mankind lived along side the mythical creatures of lore. Dragons, trolls, elves and many more lived scattered across the planet in an uneasy harmony of territory with humans. In this time, magic was the driving force of everything and there was often debate over who had the best grasp of mana. Solid mana in the form of gems were very rare and coveted among races. There are many names for these simplistic jewels such as Alicorn horns, Tears of the Sun, the Souls of Theldor. Mana Crystals are the most common term. These rare gems naturally resemble diamonds at their “blank state”, where their magic potential is limitless.
The Dragons and Wyverns were the first to find The Sun's Garden, a land where crystallized magic grew like plants, and the world rejoiced for a short period. The Wyverns became greedy and tried to take the land for themselves to be stronger than their Dragon cousins. This led to the War of Mana, dragging their internal conflict across the entire land. 100 unsuccessful years passed and the Wyverns admitted defeat, retreating into the far mountains to the north, called the Mountains of Aelia. The Dragons and the allied Humans claimed the Sun's Garden and brought peace to most of the world. There has not been a war in centuries since the War of Mana, and technology and magic have advanced to new heights.

320 years after the end of the War of Mana, life still goes on at a rather peaceful rate. Dragons have shared their knowledge of magic with the world and human-kind has introduced great technology. Suble rumors speak of a revolt far north of the continent, the Venom cult and the Wyverns working together. Yet the easy-going cities of Theldor dismiss it as gossip, resuming their daily lives.
A young human inventor in the main city of Dovahiim finds a very peculiar Mana Crystal, one branded with the domain of Poison. Knowing that the domain of Poison is evil, and a mana crystal of this domain hasn't been made in years, he brings it back to his small group of friends and fellow inventors called the Gears of the Future.
Should they take it to the King of Dragons? Should they destroy it? What does the appearance of a Poison crystal mean? The solutions may sound simple, but their future is far more complicated then they will ever know.

--------

Yes, this is a “In the past, yet future-y” rp. Technology in this world closely resembles steampunk tech, powered mostly by Mana crystals.

Another thing, this roleplay is also somewhat formatted by the old Dungeon and Dragons rules. I am DM(DUNGEON MASTER) and I reserve the right to; kick you out, bring people on track, attempt to kill you, take control for cinematic scenes, etc.

Character Sheet: Here

Last edited:
~Immarth~
Twas the early morning, when most would be sleeping, did a small yellow dragon continue her studies of Mana Crystals. In a house that would be considered a mansion to a human did such creature live.

When the first few rays of light pierced through the inky black sky, the dragon awoke, and made her way to her Study Room. There, crystals of mostly every domain where found, either in drawers (used for large fragments), gold holders (reserved for fist-sized and larger) which faced a stained glass window, or small tubes for Arcane Shards.

The early morning light was accompanied by the busy sounds of street vendors setting up their booths, decorating them with their best goods to attract as many eyes as possible. Hardworking beings of all kinds pacing quickly to their daily routines, winged creatures gliding overhead.
A hooded dragon whisks through the morning crowd, their features almost magically shrouded in darkness. The only thing that stuck out was a satchel at their hip, glowing faintly with a purple light. They turned into an alley, and a deep laugh ensued as they leaped into the air and took flight, vanishing into the sky.
The ring of glass hitting the cobblestone was the only sound that remain.

Matt followed the hustle and bustle of the market, stopping at booths that caught his eye in search of supplies and oddities for the guild. His bag filled quickly, his arm heavy with even more. He made his way toward the edge of the town where his guild building stood. Housing was cheap where the neighborhood was crumbling, and he felt that it was symbolic. Something new and hopeful made from despair.
The sound of what seemed like glass caught his ears as he walked, guiding him to the drainage on the side of the cobblestone path. A small crystal, purple in color and cracked internally, was rolling down the slight decline toward the sewer grate. He snatched it up quickly. Maybe someone at the guild would know. Maybe Sha'Kaia

~Immarth~
For hours upon end did the dragon study her crystals, until the sky was plastered with bright hues, signaling that day had indeed arrived. By this time, the young dragon was practicing some spells with her newest crystal: a large chunk of Nature Mana.

Vines snaked their way around the dragon, running over her front paws, and her long yellow tail. Suddenly, the vines snapped to attention, wrapping around a glass tube with small pale blue Arcane Shards.

The dragon's eyes opened, and she lifted her left arm, letting the vines place the tube in her out stretched paw. As quickly as they snagged the tube, did the vines melt away.

The early day was met with a yawn looking through the window Durahiim knew he missed another night of sleep. "one more check" he grunted, he looked through the high stack of papers in front of him paging through them making sure he had all the specifications correct. looking behind him he saw the armor, the one piece that would bring fame and glory, for now just a skeleton of what it will be. "someday" he grumbled. as he got up he went over to a beaker filled with a dark liquid and drank deeply. Bitter and nutty he felt more awake again. and went into the guilds many halls and went up from the basement where the workshops were, and to the main meeting area, there were not many others there yet. He took a notepad out and started writing a daily to-do list for himself, if there was no meeting this morning for the guild he would know soon enough, Mathews presence within the next few hours would signal that.

"get more crystals... find better quality stills... check in with the blacksmiths on that alloy..." he mumbled on patiently waiting for the coffee to kick in.

~Immarth~
The small yellow dragon held the tube up to a beam of sunlight that reflected out through the window. The coloured rays made the Arcane Shards glow brilliantly, like they had tiny pieces of stars trapped inside of them.

''Hmm. . . I don't have enough Ice Arcanes. I'd better get some more. Never know when I need to infuse them with armour,'' she mumbled, placing the tube down.

Before leaving her study room, the dragon reached up, and awkwardly swung a backpack over herself that contained some Mana Crystals she no longer decided to use for her studies.

Heavy thuds sounded from the upper floor of the guildhall, along with a familiar irritated groan...
"Why the hell are you still here, Druggadon?" Sha'kaia roared as she came down the steps into the main room. She stormed up to her half-dragon victim, looming over him with her long, scarred neck arched, seemingly ready to attack. "It's hard enough to sleep as it is, but with you practically living in the workshop... METAL CLASHING IS NO LULLABY!" Her scales barbed with steel as she scolded Durahiim.

~Immarth~
The dragon exited her home, the backpack swinging with every step she took, the crystals rattling inside of it. A few minutes later, she arrived at the market place. Sounds of merchants selling everything from food to Mana Crystals rattled around in the air, becoming a cluster of noise.

As she moved along the path that divided the merchant's vendors, the dragon thought to herself, ''I wonder how the other members are doing. I should go visit them today, and see what's new with them. Maybe Durahiim and Sha'Kaia have some armour that they need me to infuse Mana with,''

TravelingMystic TravelingMystic J Jokerstix66

Litalia gently touched Sha'kaia, "Don't be too harsh on him, he doesn't know what to do with him self." She said in a soft kind tone. From what it seemed Litalia didn't have even the slightest of an aggressive tone, she had even made small spirit puppets to help clean around the guild to ease off some of the work from Sha'kaia. She lived in the smaller apartment upstairs, which was all she needed. Her room didn't have much in it either, crystals, a hammock and a small work station.

~Immarth~
The dragon continued to walk between the venders, until she came across a Merchant's stall that she regularly visited. She approached it, and in a few minutes time, the dragon walked away with a small pouch containing five Ice Arcanes, and a lighter bag due to the fact that she traded away an Air Crystal.

She wandered through the crowded streets, until she reached the Guild. The dragon trotted up to where the entrance of the Guild was, and more or less knocked on the door.
TravelingMystic TravelingMystic J Jokerstix66 Spotalope Spotalope

Joseph sat in the common area, listening to all the commotion. It was no wonder he had always tried to avoid the guild. It was too damn loud for anyone to get anything done. His facial expression was in a scowl, as he sat in there reading a few different job offers and opportunities.

He barely heard the knocking on the door with Sha'Kaia and her screeching at some halfling. He grudgingly got up and went to open the door.

"If you're here to see her, she's in a pissy mood." his voice was low for the mere reason as he didn't feel like listening to Sha'Kaia yelling at everyone in the room.

Anonymous-X Anonymous-X TravelingMystic TravelingMystic

~Immarth~
''I'm guessing Durahiim kept her awake?'' Immarth asked. ''But, yes, I was going to see Sha'Kaia, as well as all of you.''

''Also, two things, Joseph,'' she continued. ''Do you have anything that you currently need to be infused with Mana? And could you please move slightly? It's kind of hard for a dragon, well at least in my experience, to get through a door.''

thelostrider thelostrider TravelingMystic TravelingMystic

She'kaia huffed. There was no point in staying angry with Litalia around. Her sickly sweet personality could chisel through the wyvern's heart even if it were made mythril. "Fine, you win. But the next time the dragon runt keeps me awake, I'm going to entomb him in iron." Sha'kaia trudged over to her corner of the workshop, sparking a fire to occupy herself at the forge.

Matthew only now had reached the guild, the sight of others at the door filling him with excitement. He would have waved, but his arms were heavy with an assortment of supplies. "There's my favorite crystalist!" He said with a laugh as he got closer, his laughter throwing him off and causing him to bump into Immarth slightly. "Lets head inside and start a meeting. I've found an oddity that I would like to share."

~Immarth~
''Hello, Matthew!'' Immarth responded, stepping back slightly as he accidently bumped into her. ''That's great! Ooo, I bet it could be an Omni-Crystal! Or maybe a new invention!''

Her tail wagged just like that of an exited puppy's, as she walked through the door behind the inventor, into the Main Meeting Area. From there, she sat down in her usual spot for when meeting took place.

Unlike the rest of the members, Immarth preferred sitting on the floor instead of on a chair, as it was kind of uncomftrable, as they where originally designed for creatures like humans.

TravelingMystic TravelingMystic thelostrider thelostrider Spotalope Spotalope J Jokerstix66

Litalia sweetly smiled at Sha'Kaia knowing that the Wyvern was kind deep down. She followed the others into the main meeting area and clumsily climbed into a chair. Looking over at Immarth "Good morning" she smiled. She couldn't see over the table if she was sitting on the floor she was too small. She looked around at everyone patiently waiting to know what the fuss was about. She had only heard some of the conversation that had been said as she had been talking to Sha'Kaia at the moment.

Joseph stepped to the side, and moved swiftly to his original place. He listened to the dragons all talk and he nodded to Matthew. He himself wasn't much of a conversationalist, as he didn't have much to contribute to the special knowledge of those who dealt with the magic of the crystals. He only knew how to use them in his job.

...what kind of oddity could he have found? This world is an oddity in itself. He made a small grimace as he thought to himself. Joseph watched the others, as he straightened himself up.

"It better not be some kind of explosive." His voice was low, as he leaned forward onto the table, resting his weight on his forearms. "What is it?"

Valentine strode in with the sway and swagger of confidence, seemingly ignoring the newcomers; perhaps because of hir sour mood.

"I see you're all as chipper and upbeat as usual. And Durahiim, I might just help Sha`Kaia put you in some metal if you bother me with another of your 'alloys'..."

With a sigh of resignation, shi sat down besides Litalia, being the only one in a good mood shi could tolerate.

Last edited:
Shuddering at Sha'kaia he looked around "My apologies didn't mean to keep you up... er, I will need some combination of metals, but please take your time, I dont want to be a bother." looking at the others "it is nice to see you all this morning, hope you all, er, slept well." still standing and adding to his list, he knew it would be a while longer before he would be sleeping again. "Ah, mathew Immareth, I have some papers id like you to look at later, I think i made some progress on my project, however a lot of pooled mental resources are going to be needed, and id like to approach everyone separately first." his words melding with the sound of pencil scratching paper. the Druggadon knew these people, and knew them well, they made his mornings much easier to get through, and their conversation had brightened many of his days. thinking on this, he smiled. "now, now what do you have to show us mathew?"

Last edited:
Matthew took a small bit of time to put his mass of objects down with a heavy thud on the workbench. He rummaged around the pile for a while, but gave up quickly and turned to the group. "I was walking down the market, like I normally do in the morning, and I happened across something rather peculiar." The metal plates on his arm shifted with a flick, a cylindrical canister jutting out of his wrist. It put up a bit of a fight before he got it free of the mechanism. "Now I know damaged stones aren't the kinds of things we should bring in here, and usually we have a meeting before we handle such things. But..." He twisted open the lid and pulled out a lemon-sized crystal, cracks riddling the inside structure. It almost pulsed a deep, strange purple. "I've never seen this color before. I wanted to see if anyone here knew, and what we should do with it. I believe it is stable for the meantime, but I will keep it contained." He spoke as he gently placed it back into the pod.

Sha'kaia got up quickly, backing away from Matthew and the group. She knew that color, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything. If those crystals were here, a calamity was in tow. She hurriedly moved out of the building without a word, taking flight into the sky and heading toward the forests that surrounded the capital.

Litalia saw Sha'Kaia moving and tried to follow for a moment calling after her "Sha'kaia? What's wrong!?" she yelled after her, but at that point she had taken off and was gone. Litalia turned back "Why would Sha'Kaia have run from that stone? Shes never been scared of anyone or anything for as long as I've known her.." She said in a softer tone than usual.

Fulguriza was standing in the corner. Her eyes stared at that odd stone for a long while, before she turned and broke contact. IT was not familiar to her, but that crystal's power did something to her. It turned her heart and her stomach, and she reviled it.

Riza watched as Sha'kaia left the room followed by Litalia, but did nothing. Litalia's comment with her return fell on deaf ears. Fulguriza was focusing on other things.

"Intriguing" Durahiim spoke softly, looking at the crystal it was never anything he had seen before, not even in the crystal valleys. looking at the flaws and cracks he tilted his head, he knew the danger, but trusted Mathew. "So, what do you plan to do with this? And if I may, how are we going to test something... so volatile" he moved a bit and thought for a moment. looking at its peculiar color and shape, he could barely even venture to guess, what it would even be used for.

~Immarth~
While the rest of the guild talked, Immarth stared at the cracked purple crystal, intrigued by it. For moments on end, she continued to watch it, fascinated, scared, and in awe.

''Matt, if I'm correct, that's a Poison Domain crystal,'' Immarth said, looking up at the human. ''From the books I've studied, I remember them saying that a Poison crystal hasn't formed for a couple of hundred years.''

TravelingMystic TravelingMystic

"Poison?" He gave it a curious look that quickly twisted into worry. "Isn't the practice of poison illegal except by certified mages?" He quickly put the crystal back in its containment and screwed it tight. "What do we do with it? It was just sitting there in the middle of the drainage in the market. Could this be..." He shook his head before finishing his sentence. There could be no way it was a terror attack. The war was long over and there was almost a century of peace. He looked to the guild for ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back