• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom heart of fire, will of stone [naruto!]

Akubi squinted his eyes looking around the vast plane of nothing. "Hmm so much sand.....I'm usually a forest guy so this should be interesting........" he started thinking back to books he used to read, yes he reads, about animals. He read that desert snakes hide under the cool sand so they need to get underground.

Akubi gave a nod and looked to the others "ok! We need to get shade. Since there's none looks like we gotta either dig a hole under the sand and hide there till night orrrrr we can walk around and pray we find a cave or oasis of some sort." He said looking at the other two for their thoughts on his plan 

@AiAi

@Starbee

Takeshi Hideaki

Shoya - 1, Soraya -2, Hide -3

As the roof of the building began to form into swamp Takeshi's smile morphed into a frown, he would have to instruct number 1 about restraint and have him pay for the damages of course. It didn't matter however while he had shown at least some sound tactical thinking Number 1 felt that for some reason he was restricted to only moving up or staying in the same place so with a quick burst of chakra all of his exposed puppets vanished into puffs of smoke and he channeled chakra to his legs before jumping backwards off the roof. As soon as his boots hit the ground Takeshi wove a relatively short set of hand seals and vanished from the road, reappearing on the top of the hokage monument next to a small box holding 2 scrolls. There were 4 heartstones surrounding him in a square, these genin had already showed potential but number 1 showed an arrogance and recklessness that couldn't be tolerated. However both number 2 and 3 showed greater potential in terms of shinobi. A small smirk on his face he watched as the candidates made their way through the village, they showed promise but he couldn't make this to easy on them could he. Forming a half ram seal several kunai burst out of a small alcove next to Shoya, they weren't trying to hit him they just flew across the path all around him, meanwhile the ground in front of Hide suddenly crumbled away to reveal a pit.

@Sprios

@Starbee

@Nyctophiliac

Shiru Ito

Once all three Genin were through he stepped through after them closing the door. As soon as the door closed it vanished as if it had never existed, "Well then, all I can do is wish you good luck", he spoke with a small smile before he vanished with no trace.

The test: The test is going to be very different to the other one going on, this one is mostly going to be on you guys interacting and deciding how to survive, I will interject periodically to introduce new elements but if I don't reply you should still continue the test as if nothing new has occured

Repeated for reference:

Through the door was a pocket dimension of Shiru's design, It had been created specifically for the purpose of running training exercises as such it was limited to 30 square kilometers and was a large desert it was very bright and almost sweltering but there was no visible sun. The nearest shade to the door was about 100m behind in the form of a small cave. At the edges of the area the Genin would come across an area that looks like a shimmering heat haze obscuring all beyond it and it acts like a solid wall. The entire area is a desert with periodic caves and outcropping of rock, there are many small mammals that roam the planes along with several larger birds of prey. The plant life is suprisingly plentiful for a desert with many cacti and other desert plants, In the center there is a large rock roughly 1 km tall and covers an area to 2 sqkm.

@Starbee

@AiAi

@Penance

Moments later the numbness and paralysis ebbed away, leaving her staring at some puffy white clouds floating across the serene blue sky... But wait! She wasn't on the ground. Buildings around her were... moving? No, she regained her senses. She was the one moving. And who was this carrying her? Ah, her teammate. The not-so-scary one. 

She couldn't daydream right now. The test was still going on. By the change in scenery it seemed that they were moving towards the Hokage carvings. Carefully she tested her limbs by twitching her fingers and toes and realized she could more or less move them now. 

She noticed the boy's blue-ish hair and dark eyes, slightly too close set. She tried to speak, letting out a groan. Falling to the ground was not fun. "Ano... you can put me down now."

@Starbee

As they stepped inside the door, their teacher parted with a few words and now was gone without a trace. Haruka looked around trying to pinpoint his location, but he was just gone. She let out a small sigh but focused on the task at hand. Haruka looked around and saw a cave up ahead, she pointed at it while saying to the other two, "Ah well, there's a cave up there, shall we head there?" 

One thing for sure was that she definitely wanted to get out of this place, or at least find shade. She felt like an ice cream melting under this strong heat. Haruka already felt like she was dripping with sweat. She tied her long blood red hair up into a pony tail to lessen the sweltering heat. She waited for her other teammates answer to her suggestion, though she was tempted to just go and head for the cave. 

@Scaver

@Penance

@Starbee

Hide stopped. 

"Er, sorry. I didn't think I should just leave you back there."

Hide shifted to put down Soraya and have her stand back up, but soon after he stopped, he noticed he was almost a foot  into a pit. Trying desperately to keep his balance, he shifted around, and backed over behind the pit. He then put Soraya down to the side of him. It'd be embarrassing to fall for such a simple trap. 

"You're Sora, right? It's nice to see you're still going.  Now come on, we've got some scrolls to get!" 

He looked over at the pit.

"Hey, you think we could jump this?"
----
Hitomi looked around the desert as the exit vanished from sight. She noted a large amount of plant life for a desert. Well, perhaps it wouldn't be impossible to survive here. Maybe they could get water from those plants? There were a few rocks scattered about, those most of them seemed rather distant. In the distance she could make out what seemed to be a cave. Though, it seemed like Haruka spotted it first. 

"Yea, we probably should," Hitomi answered. "It would beat standing out here in the heat at least."

"Come on Abuki," she said, before walking off towards the cave. 

Akubi looked over to where his teammates were pointing and smiled "yeah that'll do~" he followed after them with his hands behind his head as he looked around at the various plantlife and animals dotting the landscape "one of us should go collect food and water while the others rest up......" please don't pick me please don't pick me

@Starbee

@AiAi

"Thanks, teammate." The girl smiled a bit shyly. By way of response, Soraya took a few steps back and vaulted over the yawning pit. Grinning, she turned back to him: "Come on, we've some scrolls to get!" Without waiting for his response, she rushed on playfully towards the looming wall of carved rock. Out of the corner of her eyes she spotted some kunai shooting towards her. Another trap. She dodged it, finding that her body was responding almost normally now. Her eyes scanned the landscape, searching.

Haruka began to head to the cave once all her teammates agreed on it. She heard Akubi's suggestion and merely glancing back at him she stated, "We can draw lots or see who has what skills to better fit each role we should take..." She got silent for a moment as she thought of the possible roles, "Well like you said Akubi-kun, we need to have someone look for food and water, another to scout the area and the last to make a resting area in the meantime....I could do the scouring, what do you two wish to do?" 

@Penance

@Starbee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hide

Hide leaped over the pit in a similar matter. Hide stopped, dodging the kunai that flew by, careful not to fall into the pit in the process. Then he hurried to catch up to Soraya, which didn't take him so long. 

"Name's Hide, by the way. Hope I'll see you at the top!" 

And then Hide ran ahead of her. Remember what happened just moments before, Hide kept a close eye on anything else that might pop up on the way to the top of the monument. As he got closer, he could see Hideaki atop the monument, right next to a box, and surrounded by some stones. Better be careful.

----
Hitomi

Hitomi hardly looked at her teammates as they made their way toward the cave. But they were definitely thinking, at least. "I could probably go look for food and stuff. My spear could possibly work as a longer machete in a pinch." Hitomi thought for a minute, and getting a read on her teammates, she figured that she would be designated for it anyways. "Though, it might not be a good idea to go out too far. The climate's supposed to change, right? The kinds of things we might run to might change too." 

"Soraya Arato! Just call me Sora!" she shouted at his quickly advancing form. She didn't mind him going ahead. It let her have a few moments to collect herself before having to face their sensei. And any traps that could be sprung would be triggered by her teammate before she reached it. Soon enough they reached the monument where the third member of their team was situated next to a box. She stopped hopefully before he noticed her and decided to watch and assist for now. 

Haruka glanced over at the other taller female and merely shrugged her shoulders while saying, "True, but we still need to start something, otherwise we won't survive this heat." she shaded her eyes with her hand as she looked ahead. Haruka glanced back at the other two and said, "Alright, well I say we should keep a perimeter of hm...how about this far?" Haruka took out a kunai and threw about 25 meters away. She looked back at the two to see how they thought of it. 

@Penance

@Starbee

Takeshi Hideaki

Shoya - 1, Soraya -2, Hide -3

Takeshi sat there wit his eyes closed, a few seals were hidden around to allow him to still have vision despite his currently closed eyes as Soraya and Hide arrived at the top, he quickly analysed there progress so far, they both had shown good skills and solid basic tactics but most importantly neither of them had shown any adversion to working together or being changed into something stronger. One of Takeshi's hands left he lap and opened the lid of the box in front of him revealing three scrolls. He would only allow each student to take one scroll each, because while it may be a team exercise you still finish by yourself. As Shoya came running up towards the monument he would find several more kunai and wire based traps triggering in his path getting more regular as he got closer to the monument.

@Sprios

@Starbee

@Nyctophiliac

Shiru Ito

Shiru watched from overhead as they begin discussing rolls and he nodded to himself, he liked this attitude that they were using to just settle down and start getting to work, he leant on his elbow wondering where they would go from here, this was just the start overall, he also wondered if they could stay cohesive throughout this challenge or whether the various challenges that they would face would force them apart.

@Starbee

@AiAi

@Penance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back