• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Headphone Actors Build a Bear

Rantos

The man with 1001 waifus
[IC]

Go crazy and add anything you see fit but make sure to answer these questions

Theme

Name
Personality

Specialized Power
Climax

Rank (no lower than 10,500)
Role (what do you do on the team)

Bio

Last edited:
Theme:New World

"Young and foolish sums me up pretty well. But I bring you roses, so that's a reason to keep me around, ya?"

a546c6f6cf098bebf4fbfc1138b7db1d.jpg
Name
Kala R Graves

Personality
Young a foolish is a good place to start when describing Kala. Kala is prone to being absent minded, his head is all too often in the clouds. He is the type of person who could waste a day away looking up and observing the way the trees sway and the colors on a butterfly's wings. He is easily entertained, which often gives off the impression that Kala is simple of mind. Kala is the type to confess that he isn't a fan of deep thinking, both in word and action. It is common for him to drift off in any situation, to completely ignore everything around him and bounce from one thought to the next.

Conversely, when Kala actually does focus he is capable of incredible feats. He is able to lead under high stress situations and act calmly in the face of danger. Once Kala is focused on something he has a one track mind, he can only think about completing his goal. All other thoughts unrelated to his goals are banished, it's manic in a way.

Kala will switch between these two ways of living on a dime. Typically he will focus on what he deems important at the time and it nothing is important enough to focus on he will drift. There is no middle ground, Kala is caught between these two extremes only able to switch from one to the other. He is happy in all situations, constantly putting on a smile, presumably for the sake of others. He enjoys going out of his way to make others smile, friend or foe. The event of Kala showing anger, if even for a moment, is said to be the beginning of the end by his teammates.

Specialized Power
Vorpal Sword:
In short, Kala possesses the power to turn any object he is holding into a weapon. Upon activation, Vorpal Sword increases the primary weapon aspect of any object he is holding. There are three primary weapon aspects, most objects have two at most, the three are: slashing, piercing and blunt. An everyday example of objects with those aspects would be butter knife, pencil and a brick respectively. All objects have at least one of the three aspects, and depending on the aspect they have Vorpal Sword takes different effects.

Slashing: Even if the object had a dull edge it will cut. The cutting edge of an object becomes unnaturally sharp, it is able to cut through most things. With Vorpal Sword activated a butter knife could fell a tree in only a few strokes and even make quick work of cutting metals. The sharper the object before Vorpal Sword the sharper it will be once Vorpal Sword activates.​

Piercing: Similar to above, Vorpal Sword simply increases the piercing power of an object. Unlike slashing however a piercing object imbued with Vorpal Sword will often pierce through any object on it's first try. The sharper the point before Vorpal Sword the stronger the piecing effect.​

Blunt: Upon hitting the point of impact the object will increase in weight for an instant. Something as hard as a brick will oft feel alike to getting hit by the force of a car. The larger and heaver an object is the harder it hits. As per usual.​

True for all objects: All objects under the affects of Vorpal Sword gain a boost in durability and feel weightless, allowing Kala to use any weapon unencumbered by it's weight. Things too large cannot be used as weapons such as houses, submarines, buses etc. Any object to leave Kala's grip instantly losses the affects of Vorpal Sword.​

Climax
True Vorpal Sword:
Activated by a special song, Kala gains the ability to turn any weapon into a True Vorpal Sword. Upon becoming a True Vorpal Sword no matter what the weapon's primary weapon attribute is it gains a slashing attribute. Energy akin to blue flames surround the weapon. Even though this energy flickers and fades just like fire it has a physical property to it. The energy creates the silhouette of a sword around the weapon with one massive jet of flame being produced from the body of the weapon, forming the blade. Two smaller jets of flame spout out from either side of where Kala grips the weapon, forming the cross guards. A fourth jet comes from the bottom of the blade, it is the smallest jet of them all and forms the hilt. The sword works more like a saw then a blade, as anything to come into contact with the flame is cut an infinite amount of times, obliterating any object.
In order to create the True Vorpal Sword Kala must start with a real weapon in hand. A sword or a knife or even a fire arm. Even though Vorpal Sword would normally work with something as simple as a hair dryer True Vorpal Sword will not work without an actual weapon in hand. The more times Kala listens to his activation song the less effective True Vorpal Sword becomes at cutting.

-Lyrics-

I will win
'cause my heart is burning with desire
To go on I will vanquish
Anything that stands before me
come whatever.

My persistence
And a voice inside me echoing
"I can make it"
Won't let me give up
Even when I can't stand up again.

And I'll go higher than ever
Through the clouds
So far away from where I once stood.

I've gotta fight, I won't give up
I’m gonna win every battle
You'll see
I can't be stopped, by anything, or anyone.
Nothing can stop me
I’ve gotta go!.

Setting a course towards my destiny
No matter what it is
I understand, I gotta go for it
Because I promised myself.

Serenity, it has no place in me
So I take one deep breath
And off I run, to the unknown ahead
Searching for something that’ll give.

My life reason
And all I have is this one moment
Of finding freedom
From all that sheltered me before
I took the plunge
And put my all into this trial before me.

I will win
To go on I will vanquish
come whatever.

My persistence
"I can make it"
Won't let me give up

Through the clouds

You'll see
Nothing can stop me
I’ve gotta go!.

Ooh, I said I’ve gotta go
I’m burning with desire to win...

How far I go
Depends on how strongly
I believe that I will conquer everything
'Cause all I see is red when I’m facing a foe
And nothing matters but my victory here.

I will win
To go on I will vanquish
come whatever.

My persistence
"I can make it"
Won't let me give up

Through the clouds

You'll see
Nothing can stop me
I’ve gotta go!

Rank

Role
Leader

Bio
Tragedy is no rare sight in this world of Dusk. Yet even in this world of tragedy Kala always considered himself a lucky one. His family was taken from him at an early age, one taken by Dusk and the other by sorrow. From the onset of his life Kala could have been described as truly alone. Yet, when Kala was taken away to an orphanage it seemed as though all the loneliness subsided. He was welcomed by a blonde haired exuberant boy, no older then Kala at the time. The two came from similar circumstances and became fast friends.

Kala had never felt alone, he quickly became close with the boy who had welcomed him so warmly. The two could always be seen together as Kala followed his new friend to a fault. Always hiding behind him, always shyer then the boy he called his brother. As time went on Kala opened himself up to the other kids in the orphanage, two more in particular he became very good friends with. A fiery red head and a very tired looking brunet. The four were inseparable, they dubbed themselves the Knight of the Round Table. They went on adventures in the woods, would camp out under the stars, counseled in each other and fixed each others problems. Although not bound by blood their kinship was something much deeper then blood alone. The connection they all shared was stronger then most familial bonds, unconditional love and the want to protect one another. As time went on however Kala found his love turning into sickening jealousy.

Kala had always been a bit envious, he felt useless, so long did he struggle to find his place in the group. It seemed as though everyone had a role, a purpose, everyone except Kala. He did not dare tell his brothers this. So Kala kept these feels inside, slowly they grew and in time simple jealousy turned into horrendous sorrow. Dark feelings of anger welled in Kala, feeding not only the sorrow...

The Knights would one day find themselves on another outing. Slowly traversing the woods on the search for caves to explore or any treasures left over from the old world, business as usual. Only today Kala who at times would often lead the charge was lagging behind far more then usual. He was out of it, and today his brothers noticed. They asked him over and over, but each time Kala would respond with an answer that got them nowhere. Finally the three had enough, they surrounded Kala, backed him into a corner and demanded to know what was wrong. All the anger that had been dormant weld to the surface, in a moment of blind fury Kala told them everything. He told them how he hated himself, how he hated them, how he hated everything. Kala told hit brothers what they had wanted to hear and more, and in Kala's blind fury he failed to notice the Dusk looming just above.

It was a small Dusk, comparatively speaking, yet the three knew they couldn't do anything to stop it, nor could they run away. The eldest of the four, the fiery read head took up a fallen stick, he pushed Kala out from under the Dusk and told them all to run. The second eldest took up a branch and stood by the first brother, leaving Kala and the second youngest, the blonde, to run. The two ran as hard as they could, never looking back. The two ran and just as safety seemed in sight the Dusk caught up, stained in blood that was no it's own. The beast lunged at Kala, opening it's maw, bearing it's teeth and going in for the kill. Paralyzed, Kala could only watch helpless as his brother pushed him out of the way, only to then take Kala's place as the beast's meal. In one gulp the beast swallowed the boy whole, then made it's way to Kala. The helpless boy couldn't move, so frozen with fear he closed his eyes and welcomed the end. It was cold, chilling like the wind in winter, yet there was no pain. When Kala opened his eyes he was surprised to see that the Dusk has turned tail and was running away. The ground was covered with ice and before him was a girl who seemed to be partially covered in frost. The girl turned to Kala and asked the boy.

"Are you okay?"

To this Kala could only reply with tears. They began running down his face and freezing to his skin half way. All Kala could do was cry, he wanted to talk, he wanted to tell her everything, but all that came out were tears. The girl got onto her knees and warped her arms around Kala, her embarrass was cold yet comforting, as if he could fall asleep in her arms at that very moment. Softly she spoke into his ear.

"Please don't cry. When you cry others get hurt."

Her words were so soothing, Kala stopped just as she had asked him to. He closed his eyes and rested in her arms.

"More roses for milady!"
Lancelot.(Granblue.Fantasy).600.2109046.jpg

Keeping it fresh
sample_effdd7e09b992315adbe813113a7890c.jpg

A few extra expressions
Lancelot.(Granblue.Fantasy).600.2012301.jpg

Battle ready
Lancelot.(Granblue.Fantasy).600.2109047.jpg

Getting serious
Lancelot.(Granblue.Fantasy).full.2108783.jpg

Nothing more then distant memories

Granblue.Fantasy.full.2108518.jpg

Last edited:
"If you ain't got any brass, ya ain't got any class."

~ Name ~
"You can call me Renana Jazzy, if I know ya. If I know ya well, Rena. Otherwise, stick to Sound."

Do to her history, Renana never had an official name. Rather, it was given to her by the Jazz Man, and she kept it ever since. Her first name is Hebrew for, 'Joyful Song', and, 'Jazzy', is simply to make it roughly mean, 'Joyful Jazz'. However, the name she uses when performing, or gallivanting about as an Actor, is Sound.

~ Age ~
"Music isn't partial to your age. Everyone can listen to it, play it...and if you're gonna judge me for mine, I'll tell ya to screw yourself in the most polite way possible."

Having been judged heavily in the past for her young age, the subject isn't exactly easy to bring up around Renana. As well, she isn't entirely sure when her birthday is, or how old she genuinely is. So once more, the Jazz Man provided her one. According to him, she is now nineteen, with February 2nd being her birthday.

~ Appearance ~
"If ya don't dress the part, why even show up to the party?"

Renana.JPG

((This is the general idea of Renana's appearance. However, there are quite a number of differences that I will address. I highly recommend viewing the other pictures of her included in the gallery, to get a more clear grasp on what she looks like.))

Rena stands at 5'6", and weighs 113 pounds.

The hairstyle shown above, is her typical way of doing it up. This is to both look appealing with the rest of her outfit, but also to keep her hair from interfering with her instruments. It is the same color shown above, whereas the images in the gallery, are darker then it truly is. The first major difference, is the eyes. You see, Rena was born with heterochromia. Unlike most who have it however, it isn't merely a multicolored iris, but rather, two separately colored eyes entirely. Her left eye is a light orange color, which gets darker the further away from the pupil. Whereas her right eye, is a steel gray, that progressively becomes darker the closer to the pupil. She also has a small tattoo of a saxophone on the left corner of her left eye, and trumpet the same vice versa with the other eye.

R1.JPG

This, is her usual outfit when going out as an Actor, and as well, when she performs anywhere. Sadly, this is the closest image I could find, but it lacks most of the neat parts. So, allow me to explain the rest! All the red you see in the outfit, is rather a light orange to match her left eye, and the undershirt is a dark grey to respectively match her right eye. Rena wears a black homburg hat, to with a light orange lace, and a little grey ribbon. To finish off the outfit, she also paints her nails light orange and grey, alternating from left to right.

On backside of her hips, sit two round speakers. Each can blast sound loud enough for someone to hear them over thirty feet away. These speakers are connected by a black wire to an MP3 player that is connected to the right portion of Rena's vest. This wire extends upwards, and spreads into two earphones for her to use. Lastly, a third protrusion slips under the vest, and ends in a point that can connect to either her saxophone, or trumpet easily. This elaborate set up, is so she can hear the background instruments through the earphones, and can then seamlessly play her parts on the respective instrument. And through playing, the sound produced from her saxophone/trumpet, will flow through the speakers alongside the background instruments. Ultimately, both herself, and her allies will be able to hear everything nigh on perfectly.

~ Personality ~
"Swaying to the gentle touch of music doesn't just extend to physical movement, ya know."

If someone could be called the physical embodiment of music, Renana is proof of that. A wonderful combination of Jazz and Swing, the girl is an interesting concoction of personality. Rena is smooth in every sense of the word, flowing through conversation, battle, life, and everything else with ease. This is to say, she always has an air of calming focus, no matter the situation. A smile to face anything, Rena can see past the hardship and struggle, depression and difficulty, knowing that there's always sun shining at the end of whatever tunnel she may find herself in. This isn't to say she is aloof, but rather, that she does her absolute best to think positively. Even still, not every aspect of this girl is exactly, positive. Jazz is a huge influence. Similar to the music, there are many times a more dour cord can stretch across her mind, and it may result in her staying stuck mentally for a time. While you can credit Rena's chill vibe to it, and general smooth nature, so too can you attribute the occasional bout of depression and slothfulness. Alternatively, this girl is full of passion as well! There's always a swing in her step, as the other major source of her mindset. One of her favorite quotes is;

"You need to have a certain level of chill to your music. But without a fast upswing in your tempo, ya may as well give up where you stand."

Swing is a huge influence. Quick thinking, rapid and precise movements, and overflowing with passion, Rena will be a shining star in the darkest of nights! Glowing in stark contrast to her otherwise chill nature, she won't slow down for even a moment. This is also where her backbone lays. While she isn't easily provoked into anger, nor tilted from her own tempo, she won't let you off the hook if you strike a few specific cords. She'll wait, letting you attack all her all you want. But once your weakness shows, Rena will use it to absolutely destroy you...likely a few times. On a lighter note, her vocabulary is more then a little crude. Not dirty, but her particular choice of words isn't always wholesome. Having been raised on the streets, can you blame her? But when she focuses more on her Swing, she is near hyper all the time, and can't stomach slowing down. Yet, her lack of motivation doesn't entirely leave her. Rena will usually have to stick to others' plans, and direct her energy towards that.

Each side to Rena is equally the same person, both Jazz and Swing. Exactly how her inner soul shines on a given day though, determines which side shines brighter. Typically, it'll be a combination of both. Speaking of, there are a few notable things that are true, regardless of either Jazz, or Swing, about the girl. Rena has a serious lack of desire. Not that she is 'lazy' per say, but she will rarely go out of her way to do something. But, if someone else were to give her a gentle push in a direction, Rena will see it through. The only aspects that she is truly motivated to uphold, is to help people, and spread music. Having only scrapped by in life because of the kindness of other people, she will go out of her way to return that same kindness. This makes her a really good friend, as she is always willing to set aside her own problems, to listen and help relieve yours'. And if anyone, outside of an enemy, were to be suffering, she would seek a way to assist, risking her own safety to do so. The type of person to give their shirt right off their back to you. Her reason to be an Actor, and therefore fight Dusk, is similar. She sees it as a way to protect people that may otherwise be hurt, especially considering that the creatures are born from negative emotions.

~ Specialized Power ~
"My Sound, is my power. Take that from me, and I'm nothing."

Sound
Having been so connected to music, it's no surprise that Rena's magic is equally so. The general concept of her power, is that as she exhales, a substance she coins as, 'Sound', spills out. Since she is usually playing her two instruments when activating the ability, it appears as though Sound is coming from the instruments themselves. But, what is, 'Sound'? It's effectively a physical form of mana. A substance that isn't solid, nor liquid, so it has a texture close to that of gel. Rena sucks in the nearby mana from around her, and her power condenses it into this substance, for it to be used in a variety of ways. All of which, Rena controls by playing her instruments. Whether it is do to her heterochromia, or some other type of issues, her magic is split in two forms. Each form follows this rule though; the more focus she puts into producing Sound, the more solid it is. Therefore, it will move much slower, but the effects will be considerably more powerful. Alternatively, the less focus she uses, the more liquid her Sound is. This will allow it to traverse distance faster, at the expense of being weaker. I will explain each type of Sound, below.

\ Jazz Sound /
When Renana is focusing on this type of Sound, she plays her saxophone. Her right eye also begins to glow, increasing in its brightness the more energy she pours into producing Sound. This is considered her, 'Defensive' Sound. It is considerably less dense then her other type of Sound, but it can be used the best in two ways. The first, is very slowly, giving time to produce a thick layer of Sound. From there, she can then construct very powerful walls, either to protect herself, or allies. It could also potentially be used to trap enemies, or obstruct their paths, but do to how slow the Sound would travel, that could prove difficult without cooperation.

However, the best use of this type of Sound, is in directly supporting allies. Using quicker, and less strained notes, the Sound produced will be considerably more liquid, allowing it to move quickly. From here, Rena can have the Sound surround an ally, usually by their feet. Since it's so fluid, it won't be obtrusive to her teammate, but rather, will follow them really well. From there, it can serve several purposes. It can suddenly spring up to protect from a single blow, should the ally not be able to block of dodge the hit. Because the Sound isn't very thick, it will shatter apart after only one hit. But, it'll be enough to keep someone alive. Another function, is it can work offensively. If you're fighting an enemy, and you can never seem to get that opening for an attack, the Sound can perform as a spare arm, launching an attack of its own. Depending on the target, it may or may not shatter afterwards. The hit isn't that strong, but will typically be enough to at least throw off the enemies' defense for a moment. The last function of this type of Sound, is considerably situational. Even still, it may help. While midair, it can form as another platform to step on. It'll only last a moment, but should you need that, 'double jump', to reach a target or ledge, it will assist you as such. Now, all of this must be down by Rena consciously, via her playing music. However, if you have a strong enough Sync to her, then this supportive Sound can respond to your own will instead, leaving Rena open to do other things.

/ Swing Sound \
When Renana is focusing on this type of Sound, she plays her trumpet. Similar to her Jazz Sound, in this case, her left eye begins to glow, also increasing in brightness the more energy she pours into producing this Sound. This however, is considered her, 'Offensive' Sound. It as well, can be utilized either slowly, or quickly. For this sound however, there is only one true functionality. Since this type is naturally thicker in density then its Jazz counterpart, don't expect this Sound to traverse the battlefield rapidly. This is to Rena's advantage, though. Being able to play longer, more complicated notes, Swing Sound can be controlled more precisely.

Because of this, she can create beasts once enough Sound is amassed, and use them to attack in her stead. Their shape and size is entirely dependent upon Rena, having no restriction other then her own imagination. She does have a restriction with the ability. That being, the bigger, and usually stronger beasts, require more focus to maintain. So, she has stuck to two different tactics. The first being, creating a massively swarm of considerably small drones. Whether it's for the sake of chipping away at a stronger enemy, or keeping a large group of baddies busy, with enough time and energy, her swarm overcome anyone eventually. The second tactic, is to only form two or three really big, and powerful beasts. This is only truly effective against a single powerful target, so being situational, is to say the least.

Of course, both her Jazz and Swing Sounds, as written above only consider her personal average at the beginning of the RP. It isn't including anything about future growth, nor the many bonuses Rena will receive to her power. (Those being boosts from Live, Echo, and her overall Maximum Volume. Plus, with her playing music, it can be easy to Sync with other Headphone Actors.)

~ Climax ~
"The only thing better then a saxophone or trumpet, is an entire band of instruments."

Full Band
Rena's Climax power, is a combination of both aspects of her magic, with a twist. Physically, her durability is maximized to keep her rooted, and lessen the chance of her focus breaking. Because, should it fall for even a moment, she would have to try engaging the power all over again. As well, due to how strenuous the ability is, she can only perform it successfully once in a single battle. Each failure to activate the power will weaken the overall affects, and shorten its use-time. Outside of that, Rena's appearance changes as the power activates. It begins with both of her eyes glowing their respective colors, much like how they do when only one half is being used. The Sound that flows out is a light green, which slowly darkens as the performance continues on. As the Sound amasses, it'll bunch up into three first. Each of these, is a Sound clone of Rena herself, matching her physique, clothes and all. Then, the Sound condenses into instruments for each clone. One gets a bass, another a drum set, and the last a piano. From there, each instrument slowly joins in with the Climax song, till the Full Band is playing. You'll know it's in full motion, because Rena's hair will also begin to glow a bright green.

This is where things get interesting. Unlike usual, where Rena is the only source of Sound, all three clones are as well. Therefore, her Sound output triples. And since it is a combination of both Jazz and Swing Sound, it can fluctuate from either being very physical, or liquid. At this point, it is merely up to Rena on how to use her Sound. Since the music is being played, therefore meeting the Live requirement, it is also Echoing from four sources, not only magnifying her own power, but also massively boosting any allies in range to hear it. If needed, Rena can summon a small army of Sound minions to fight, both big and small. However, there is one particular beast she can create during Full Band. It is only possible at the highest point in the song, and thus, only lasts a minute or so. But, Rena can mass together all the Sound she produces, to form a Sound Wyvern. This beast is absolutely huge, very powerful, and can spew forth it's own Sound to further create creatures. ((Note: She cannot yet do this. At some point further down in the RP, it will become possible.))

~ Rank ~
"To be entirely honest...I don't care about Ranks. Your worth should shine bright enough for people to notice, without having a fancy title to make them see you."

((Not her initial Rank, but rather, what it climbs to within the beginning course of the RP.))

~ Role ~
"Music, much like my Sound, is versatile. I'll fill in any role that is needed."

Bard, Versatile AOE Support and Offense.

~ Bio ~
"Ya can't change your past, sure. But you can always set your own tempo for the future chorus."

This story begins with a young girl, age four. Barely understanding the world, the only feeling she can grasp is that of fear and sadness as her parents were ripped apart in front of her. They died protecting her against a raging Dusk, one they themselves brewed from their own distorted emotions. This girl would've been the next victim, dying a helpless and pointless death, if not for the roaming Actor that saved her. The man wasn't exactly valiant, but he heard the screams and rushed in with only moments left to save someone. He chose the girl, slaying the beast, and rushing her to safety. From there, she was admitted into an orphanage. After all, what type of heroic bachelor could care for a child? Besides, this all went down in the slums of one of the worst off cities. Bad blood and all, right? The girl couldn't even remember the name her parents gave her, so the orphanage gave her one, 'Kaitlin'. Even from such a young age, the girl hated the name. But, that's what the grown ups decided it would be, so thus, it was. Needless to say, Kaitlin didn't fit in with the crowd. She spent three years in that dreaded place, always the outcast. The other kids noticed her weakness, and made her their target for any 'game' they could come up with to pass the time. Finally, Kaitlin had enough, and ran away.

Barely escaping the clutch of the twisted orphanage, now age seven, the girl fled into the inner parts of the city. From the other kids, she knew that staying around the slums was near suicide, so she did her best to skirt around till reaching the better portion of the city. Thankfully, she managed to do so without a hitch. Six months pass, of a homeless girl hardly living, most days barely being able to do anything else. Starved and scared, she wandered around the city...till she heard it. Above the roar of traffic, and the countless pedestrians walking to their many destinations, a beautiful sound echoed past it all. It was so clear, the girl could've sworn the source was right behind her. She followed the trail for the better half of a day, till she finally found it. It came from across the street she was standing at, hidden partially in an alleyway. An older man sat there, in a mound of ragged and torn blankets. His hair was a mixture of grey and white, and a misshapen beard to match. The clothes weren't fancy in the slightest, but in comparison to most of the other homeless lot she had seen, it could be considered that of royalty. Altogether, he had the appearance of a King that had fallen from his Throne, discarded into the same place as his past subjects.

Beyond all of that though, was a golden object in his hands. It was an intricate creation of brass, that he was tapping at. Each time he breathed in, a wonderful sound would follow from the instrument. Captivated, the girl ran across the street, almost getting hit four times. Yet, she made it to the other side safely. The man only opened his eyes for a moment, to see who arrived in front of him. Still playing with one hand, he used the other to gesture to a second, though smaller, mound of blankets on the opposing side of the alley. Taking the hint, the girl sat down. Despite their appearance, it was actually really comfortable. When she gazed back at the man, he had become fully engrossed into his playing again. It was like he spoke through the sound, saying things the girl couldn't even begin to understand. Like some sort of wisdom from an ancient wizard, passing it down to a squire. Her eyelids gently closing, she drifted off to sleep...feeling safe, and happy, for the first time in years. She was awoken a few hours later, by a light tapping on her shoulder. It was dark, clearly night. The man had woken her, offering her to stay with him for the night. 'I can't say the night is the safest, here in the city. Would you like to come back with me to my home? It's ah...not much, but you'll be fine.' Against her instincts, the girl accepted the offer. And in the end, she would remember it as the best decision of her life.

Time passed quickly after that, in its own way. According to the man after she questioned him, he didn't have a name. But, he explained that the instrument he played was a saxophone, used to play Jazz. So, with a bit of laughter, she called him the Jazz Man. He chuckled a bit, and the name was set. The conversation returned towards the girl, but she hadn't a name either. So after a few hours of thinking, the Jazz Man gave her one in turn. 'Renana, a beautiful name for a Joyful Song.' Harsh memories of Kaitlin came rushing back, but...Rena, squashed those evil nightmares. A bit tearful, she agreed. Thus, the story of Renana and the Jazz Man began. Every day, they would go back to the alleyway entrance, and the man would play for tips. Something about his music always made people stop to listen, even if he was an 'undesirable'. It spoke to them. Guided them into dreams of a different place, like nothing else could. Most people would come back later on in the day, if not days later, just to hear his saxophone. They received enough money for food, and to keep up their makeshift shelter...it was good. About a week into this routine, the Jazz Man asked Rena if she wanted to learn how to play. Eager and willing, she accepted the offer.

For the next four and a half years, the two lived as wonderful lives as they could. Eventually, Rena would sometimes take over playing at the alleyway. And while she never noticed because of how much she'd get into playing, the crowd she would gather was always bigger then the Jazz Man's. His music was astounding, but it carried a certain tone of sadness to it. Like happiness was just out of reach. Rena's on the other hand, was nothing but positive and happy. Her songs would even get people to start dancing on the sidewalk, bobbing their heads and grooving to the flow. Close to the end of those four years, the Jazz Man stopped playing altogether, letting Rena take the spotlight. Having been so engrossed in the mix, the girl didn't even notice how slowly he faded himself out. The last day she would ever see him, the man asked for the saxophone. It was late into the night, close to the time they'd head back to their home. Age twelve, Rena was a bit hesitant. She wanted to, but it was only now that she realized how long it had been since the last time the Jazz Man played. 'Trust me kid, I ain't rusty yet.' He chuckled like he always did, comforting any sort of worry the girl had.

Handing him the instrument, she sat over on the mound of blankets opposite of him. It was just like the first time she met him...except, her pile of blankets was bigger now. The moon and stars glowed overhead, the streets was bustling with cars...everything was so similar. Even the song he played. Rena noticed something odd. The only time he ever played this before, was back then. She went to speak up, to ask about why he chose now to play it. But, she knew better then to interrupt the Jazz Man. He wouldn't answer her, even if she tried. So, settling down into the comfort, she just listened. The song started off so...sad. Telling a tale of someone in deep misery, trying to tear themselves from an endless abyss, but ever failing. Till, finally, the tempo picks up slightly. A rope descending towards the person, giving them a way out. That's when the it slows again, as the person notices there's someone else in the abyss. A crying child, alone, empty. It then goes wild in tempo and pitch, yet still just as beautiful as always, as the person battles their inner emotions, trying to decide whether to save their own life...or the child's. It evens out, as the person lifts the child to grab onto the rope. The notes become quicker, sharper, and faster pace. If anyone was around to hear this part, they'd be dancing merrily. In a story sense, the child is saved...at the person's sacrifice.

Rena's eyes fluttered open, realizing it was all a dream. The person and child in the abyss, gone from reality. Feeling the warmth of the sun, and the blankets cuddling her...she was safe. But there was no music playing. Struggling out of the snuggle, Rena noticed that they never went back to their home. She was still in the alleyway. Where the Jazz Man should've been, only sat his saxophone. Knowing this wasn't right, she began to panic. Grabbing the instrument, the girl searched everywhere for him. But...he was nowhere to be found. Sitting down, she tried to keep herself from going into a pure panic attack. Doing what little she could to keep from that, she surveyed the saxophone. Only now, did she see there was a slip of paper shoved inside the mouthpiece. Taking it out, she tried to read it. But because of the lack of teaching in her orphanage, she hadn't ever learned to read. Now with a goal, Rena ran around the city, looking for someone to read it to her. But whenever she'd get someone to stop long enough to check it out, they would only give her a strange look, and walk away.

Almost a month later, having found no clue to the whereabouts of the Jazz Man, and no one willing to read her the note, Renana left the only city she knew. Using the bulk of the money they had saved up, she purchased a ticket to the next city over, hoping to find answers there. Upon arriving, within less then an hour, she had found a person willing to read her note. This being a considerably being city, with a lot more people going to and from, it wasn't that difficult. The man explained to her why no one else would read it. It was because, the language wasn't English. It was Hebrew, a now nearly dead tongue, and a strange dialect at that. Thankfully, he studied dead languages, and was able to translate.

"עידן העצב הגיע לסיומו, עידן האושר הוא עכשיו להתחיל."
((The Age of Sadness has come to an end, the Age of Happiness is now to begin.))

Rena didn't know exactly how to react, so she nodded and proceeded deeper into the city. It took her a month to put it together, but finally, the pieces made sense. The explanation was in the Jazz Man's final song, in the story she imagined. The person in the abyss, was him, and the crying child, was her. He...gave up his chance at hope and happiness, being too full of sorrow himself, and let her grab onto the rope. His Age has come to an end, and now her Age, is to begin.

Admittedly, change didn't come instantly. Rena didn't remember having a family, except some very vague feelings of pain and sorrow. Her orphanage was nothing more then an ocean of garbage, and surviving on the street was really hard before the Jazz Man came around. In fact...he was the only good thing about her life up till that point. He taught her how to play the saxophone, corrected a lot of the bad mannerisms she was developing, kept her safe and fed, and generally made her life...happy. Someone she could consider a father. But, he also taught her another thing. A saying that was really important to him, and made sure it was to Rena as well. That being; to everything, there is a season. A time of sadness, and pain. A time of friendship and joy, among every other moment in life. Nothing lasts forever, and change is always a sign of growth. Though a bit grudgingly, the girl held onto that belief stronger then anything she had prior. From that, she made up one of her most favorite quotes. 'Ya can't change your past, sure. But you can always set your own tempo for the future chorus.'

Over the next seven years, Rena kept on growing and maturing. Eventually, she found no more pain in remembering the Jazz Man. He became a symbol of guidance, always keeping her moving forward. Especially because most of his wisdom, was lost on her younger self. But now older, more of it began to make sense. While it took over a year, her renown in the city grew. She wasn't just some random homeless girl anymore, people took notice of her beautiful music. Everywhere she would set up to play, people would gather around as if she was an actual artist. Within another few months of then, a few local businesses began hiring her to play. Having made enough money, she rented a small apartment. Cleaning up for the first time in her life, she saved up money for new clothes, food, a few personal items, and more. Every few months, it seemed another business would realize how important she was in getting customers indoors, so they'd hire her. Now Age fifteen, Rena had a stable enough income to maintain a decent living, which kept on, ever growing.

On her nineteenth birthday, she had a down day. One of those moments when the past suddenly hits you. Her birthday often did that. It was a celebration, sure. But with no one to celebrate with...it was always a little hallow. Remembering those she lost, and those she never had, took a lot of her. Taking up her saxophone, Rena traveled to the northeast side of the city. It had a large walled garden, and if you traversed to the center, it was far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be completely silent. Average city folk rarely wandered this far into the garden, so she was sure it would be empty. But...there was someone sitting down not too far from Rena's usual spot. Deciding not to disturb the other woman, she sat down and thought for a little while. Letting the silence stretch, Rena tried to find peace. But...her soul wouldn't stop aching. Taking out her saxophone, she just played. Nothing specific, no song in mind. She let her soul pour out, till tears welled around the corners of her eyes. When even that wasn't enough, she played even harder, till she was sobbing. Even when it become almost impossible to play, she kept doing so. It was the only way to truly remember the Jazz Man.

That's when a gentle embrace came from behind her. Two arms wrapped around her shoulders, and a face settled onto her shoulder. The feeling was...cold, yet oddly warm. Rena's tears froze as they fell from her face, landing with a little chime. Neither of them said anything. The musician simply needed to cry, to let all the pain she was experiencing out. This newcomer seemed to understand that without uttering a word, and thus let her. When the water slowed down, coming to a stop, the other girl let go, carefully turning Rena around to face her. Rena was stunned, having never seen someone so pretty before. 'Despite being hurt by it so much, you feel very deeply for this world, don't you?' Harmonia, was her name. The Goddess of the Headphone Actors faction. The woman offered a chance to Rena, if she would accept it. An opportunity, that the Jazz Woman herself, couldn't turn away.

~ Extra Information ~
"There is always more to someone, no matter how far ya dig. Their soul, unique in every way from your own."

• Despite what it might've sounded like, Rena isn't against the Ranking System. However, she resents those who depend entirely upon it for their worth, or simply for greedy reasons. This stems from her view that Actors should be Heroes, humanity's protectors.
  • Because she was raised on the streets, Rena doesn't have the best manners. There is a certain level of bite to her demeanor, something she needed back then to stay alive. A fighters' spirit, to word it positively. However, the Jazz Man did a lot towards keeping her off the bad path, hence why she is as calm and respectable as she is now. But don't be surprised if that old mindset snaps out sometimes.
  • As a counter-affect to her prior lifestyle, Rena focuses heavily on cleanliness. Her living space, personal items, instruments, etc, are always clean enough to shine.
  • Rena is one of the best saxophone players in the world, and her talent with the trumpet is almost as close. Those who have heard her play, usually feel like they felt her soul bleeding through the music, giving it a certain sound that very few can replicate.
  • In terms of combat style, Rena rarely does anything physically. Other then the occasional dodge to avoid a stray bullet or two, she relies on her Sound to fight the battle for her. This isn't to say she is physically inept, though. In fact, born from the same boost all Actors receive, she is actually really durable. More then most, at that. Despite not having armor, she'll tank a few hits before going down.
  • Due to some instances in the past, Rena is terrified of dogs. And cats simply annoy her.
  • If you give this girl dark chocolate, she may just fall in love with you. I'd recommend avoiding tea though.
  • There is no one she holds in higher honor, then the Jazz Man. Though she hardly ever talks about him, if you were to find out about the man, do not insult him in any fashion. Rena will find a way to make you suffer dearly for it.
  • Obviously, her favorite types of music is Jazz and Swing. But, she quite enjoys pieces focused on the piano, regardless of the genre. As long as it keeps to the beat of the music previously mentioned, techno/electric renditions are also welcome. Metal/Rock music however, is despised.
  • Rena has a slight 'New York' accent. It isn't heavy, but it's there. Other then that, her voice is rather lightly toned. Not quiet, exactly. Just not loud, is all. She also has a natural singing voice, with her powerful lungs, but shies away from it, choosing to express herself through her instruments.
~ Gallery ~
"Having only one look, would be a heinous crime for a performer."

A night out in the City. This also shows the light orange color of her eyes.
((Note: This is a really close portrayal to what Rena truly looks like. This may be a better representation of her physical looks, then the picture provided in the 'Appearance' section.))
R1.PNG

Another outfit, more casual.
R2.JPG

Another view of her Actor/Performer outfit.
R3.JPG

Rena's theme song~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back