• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorne Academy

~Lyra/Arietta~

"Come on, let's go explore, see what-"

Lyra smiled, but it faded quickly after Mars had skittered off to admire some piece of Oclodian artwork. She shook her head, running her fingers through her hair as she looked around. She wasn't exactly made uncomfortable by the whole situation...she was still in a sort of state of denial. She was dreaming, right? It sure felt like it. The lights, the music...it felt like she was just thrust into a fantasy roleplay. The girl hugged her arms and looked back up at Mars, tilting her head slightly when she noticed his gaze caught on an Oclodian with green hair. Lyra wrinkled her nose, and then let out a loud sigh.

"Sorry about that. What was I saying again? Oh yeah, let's go see what this festival is all about!"

As Mars came back, the girl's smile did as well. Before Lyra was able to link her arm through her boyfriend's, she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist, and a giant kiss was planted on her cheek. Stunned, the girl looked up to see a man. He appeared to be about Liam's age, and he cheerfully said, "Nomag Flos thesek svern wux, ghergo ir!"

And then he merrily made his way onto the dance floor.

Arietta had slipped away from the Hawthorne crowd as Al'den welcomed them, and made her way over to the musicians stand. After greeting her friends and tuning her own instrument, she just jumped in. There was a roar of applause as she expertly joined in the song. A few more people made their way onto the dance floor after she started to play. The song was happy and upbeat, and very easy to dance to. Most of the Oclodians had partners, and were swinging around on eachother's arms.

@cojemo

The scenes that unfolded before were nothing but an impetus for him to smile furiously, subsequently turning into a fit of laughter as he clapped to the rhythm of the music being played. Instruments of various kinds being strung by diligent hands, blown by the most elusive of breaths and fingers of an insatiable need to be moving around in a strict manner. A great sight it was to the Irishman, one that he would compare to the Irish music that would be played at festivals every so often in the town; even up to this very day. For all he knew, they were probably having one right now in the pub! Well, mum and dad are too busy have a panic attack on where I am, he thought solemnly to himself as he moved to the outskirts of those dancing so as to not get in their way. Looking on the group, he realized at these events he never danced with anyone. Even if he was asked to, the young Irishman would always refuse the offer simply due to shyness. Not that he minded at all but seeing these people so joyous, having the craic made him a tad bit jealous. But with a bit of luck, he'll eventually get over the feeling that made him to do a little jig. Just to prove he's really Irish of course. Taking a glance over at the musicians and there she was at the fore, Arietta playing that precious lyre of her's with impeccable ability. Seeing such pride being reflected through the music that filled plastered that same smile back onto his face after his giggling.

"Maybe I might ask for a little dance," he muttered to himself as his hands kept incessantly-clapping to the beat, "Surely somebody could fill in for her. Well if nobody else can, I might ask Crysta for a little one if she feel's up to it of course. But now that I think about it, a student and his professor dancing wouldn't exactly be given the green-light! Well, I'll just go over to here and ask discreetly enough would she feel up to it or not. It'll all depend if she can hear me at all!"

So his mind was set, hefting himself to the ground with a groan, heading over to where the musicians were being well...musicians. Ironically, the man that many upon many a time refused to dance was put in the position of the ones he refused. This world works in funny ways, he smirked to himself as he approached the group. Glancing with a hesitant voice and fidgeting hands, he began his spiel to ask her the inquiry. "Arietta, I don't know if you can hear me over all this noise but," he said with a firm gaze on her, "If you're willing, would you like to have a little dance. As much as I would love to being Michael Flatley, with a heavy heart I am admit that I'm not! So I'll try to make myself stand out in this crowd so you'll recognize me." Fidgeting around in his bag that was slung along his back, the one item that Luke was looking for was the mask.

"If you see this mask," the now mask-obscured Irishman said, "Know that it's me! Until then, I'll be waiting!"

With that last line, off he went to the outskirts of the dancers in whom he hoped to be soon.

@Queen Rai

Maria Scarlette

As time had passed, Maria had been trying to note everything she could about these 'Oclodians' that she could from looking at them. They were strange, she knew that much - They had their own language, which she couldn't apply any of her known languages to, they naturally had strange hair colours (Glass houses when it came to Maria, but that wasn't important), they were rather short (Again, glass houses), and they had oddly shaped ears. "What could be the purpose behind that?" Maria muttered unwittingly to herself. "It can't possibly be a more efficient ear design, no. Perhaps it's simply an evolutionary idiosyncrasy... Maybe I'll ask sometime."

"Origato wer diwhaf tlush!" French? Not even close. Japanese? Origato comes close... But everything else bears no resemblance. Icelandic? No... Icelandic isn't similar to any language. Maybe it's--

"We welcome you, Hawthorne Academy!" Maria cursed under her breath as her train of thought slipped away. "Please, enjoy our festival!" Through her multilingual cursing, she continued listening and stopped cursing after 'festival'. "A festival? Perfect! I can learn more about this culture - Hey, where's Solaira?" And at that, Maria was faced with a crisis. Do I figure out this culture, or do I find Solaira? This might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. What do I do?!

Not only is this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,
Maria thought, but you're not going to have Solaira forever. "That's it, I'm finding Solaira," Maria decided and sorted through the ever-shrinking crowd of students.

@iLoriel2​

Gwendolyn Friar (Yupp, lazified)

Gwen's eyes scanned the crowds. It was interesting to look at this place. It was a whole other culture, untempered with by humans, yet still very similar in many aspects. She barely listened as they were welcomed by some guy. She was too distracted by the crowd of elven looking people staring at them like they were aliens. It wasn't exactly true, they actually seemed nice, but Gwen didn't like being looked at like this. She snapped back to reality when Cylva spoke up. "H-hey, Gwen. Festivals mean food, right?" She looked at Cylva for a moment. Actually, it must've looked like she looked straight through her, but after a couple of seconds she jumped slightly and looked Cylva in the eyes. ".. Y-yeah!... I-I guess so, w-why?" She felt like she knew where this was going, but she didn't want to be a part of it.

Gwen had had some experiences with crowds and new people of a different culture before, and let's just say it hadn't ended very well. "I-if you're hungry I ain't going to ask first!" She said with a slightly panicked and serious tone.

Rafaela

Rafaela was surprised. Like, really, really surprised. And amazed. Everything was so beautiful, and colorful, and happy. It was an welcomed change of atmosphere. She felt relieved, that heavy weight on her shoulder being lifted slowly, but effectively. Festivals. She missed them. Back in Brazil, almost every month there was a party. Be it birthday of party, or something bigger. Either way, she missed them, she missed the food, the music, the happiness that seemed to plague the local, everything. She started to feel alive once again. And then, a sudden sound yanked her out of her thoughts. It seemed like her stomach missed the food the most.

"Hey guys! You know, yeah, everything is great and all but... Where's the food? I'm a tad hungry -- actually, really hungry -- so, yeah, food would be really nice right now." Her stomach growled once again, what made Raph tilt her head and glare at her belly, hissing Portuguese words. Lifting her eyes, she said in mock seriousness. "Guys, I don't think I can hold it anymore. If the monster is not fed, then it will attack anyone on sight. Anyone."

(I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. Real life has been a really pain in the ass as of lately, as well as inspiration)

~SORAPHINE GRIMALDO~

Sora was in the large groups of students along with Alain as they reached the village. Cheers erupted from the village as they entered, crowds upon crowds of Oclodians all smiling at them. The Oclodian that Sora thought was the leader stepped up infront of them. As he shouted something at the Oclodians, they all cheered on, louder and louder until it was almost deafening.

"We welcome you, Hawthorne Academy!" the man spoke in English, his grin never fading. "Please, enjoy our festival!"

The village was colourful and cheers were heard all around. It was a merry festival, a loud one at that. Sora looked over to Alain, a smile on her face. "This looks fun, right Alain?" She asked him, taking a hold of his hand in hers. "Could we.. I don't know.. Walk around the town..?" She asked, a small blush on her face. The sudden burst of confidence she had almost quickly faded as it came.

@DeijiiChan

~SOLAIRA GRIMALDO & LUNATIO GRIMALDO~

Sol stood among the large crowd, being one of the tallest people, he was easy to spot. He pushed and shove through the crowd, with only one person in mind. Maria Scarlette. The small little woman who he couldn't get out of his mind. "Where are you.." He muttered, pushing past a student slumped over near a wall. After a few minutes of looking around the crowd, he finally found the small head of hair that he knew so well. He quickly ran up to her, managing to grab a hold of her hand, pulling him close to her.

"There you are!" He cried out, holding Maria in her arms. "Where have you been, princess?" He asked, laying his chin on the top of her head, her scent flowing up into his nostrils. 'This is the one..' He thought to himself, a smile on his face.

On the other side of things,

Luna stood to the side of the crowd, a frown on his face. The happy sight of the festival and the people around him, could do nothing to lift his sorrowful heart. He could see his brother in the middle of the crowd, his tall figure an obvious one, not to mention the long, red hair. "Sora must be with Alain.." He murmured to himself, a pang of jealousy in his heart.

Both his siblings were happy and in love, while he was here, moping about. He knew he blew his chance with Emma, he really did. She was off being happy with someone else who wasn't him, and it hurt. 'Do I find someone new..?' he thought to himself, closing his eyes as he leaned against a tree near him. 'Hah.. Like someone could replace her.' he added, a bitter smile on his face. Pushing himself off the tree, he opened his eyes and looked around. "No sight of Emma.. Oh what else matters.." He murmured, walking into the crowd of students, drowning out the cheers of everyone around him.

@Haruhi Suzumiya

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria Scarlette

"Where are you.."
Solaira's voice reached Maria's ears. While she was hesitant to look around, she did so after a few moments of continuing through the dissipating crowd of students - Soon enough, Solaira was approaching her at a rather alarming speed.

"There you are!" Maria let out a faint "Oh" as Solaira wrapped his arms around her. She felt his chin rest on top of her head, which she found oddly comfortable... "Where have you been, princess?" Princess, she repeated mentally. Princess? Hm... Thinking about that word again and again makes it seem less and less like a real word. Princess. DAMMIT, MARIA, BE SENSITIVE. Maria blushed and hugged Solaira back. "I was looking for you," She answered, "But I was having a bit of trouble. I can't see quite as much as you can," Maria laughed a little.

She felt as if she should at least try to be cute or romantic or... Something, she didn't know. While she knew how to explain romance to others and was an experienced 'love guru', having experienced romance quite a lot, she was awkward when she tried to do it herself. It hadn't always been that way, of course... Perhaps she was losing her charm as she aged. "What do you want to do? We could look around here together, or maybe you'd prefer to find somewhere to sit... Or maybe you're hungry?" I am. I want food... But at the same time, I'd rather not look like a pig in front of Solaira. A mental picture of herself with cheeks stuffed full of food came into Maria's mind, which she brushed away quickly.

"I'm fine with whatever we do," Maria concluded, "As long as it's with you." That accidentally rhymed. DAMMIT, MARIA, BE SENSITIVE.

(Late reply isn't as late as I expected it to be! Woo!

@iLoriel2 )​

"I-if you're hungry I ain't going to ask first!"

Ugh. How positively irritating. Well, so much for that... Cylva looked around her, trying to find somewhere she would be able to obtain food, without needing to step out of her comfort zone, and speak to some person she didn't know. That would be absolutely dreadful. Her eyes searched the area around her, but she wasn't able to see much, due to being somewhat vertically challenged, and the crowd of students around her. Glancing back to Glen, she tried to play it off as if she'd had no intention of asking the other girl to obtain food for her. "H-huh? What do you mean? O-oh. I'm not hungry. I was just wondering if you were. Because you... you looked hungry. I-I suppose I see how that question could have been misinterpreted, though. I've just... never b-been. To a festival, I mean. Umm... that's the only reason I asked. B-because, I just wanted to be sure." Though she truly didn't know whether or not festivals were supposed to have food, Gwen had been right in sensing the predominant motive behind the question. Gods, why am I such an awful liar? She quickly turned away, hoping Gwen wouldn't notice the slight pained expression she always seemed to get whenever she tried to lie.

"A-anyway. Let's go. And do... something." Again, this experience was completely new to Cylva, and quite frankly, she would have been rather embarrassed to admit that she'd only vaguely read of festivals. She'd never experienced one, or even read exactly what they were. All she knew, was that people usually gathered up for some reason or another.

@Prizzy Kriyze

"...?"

Things have already gotten a little strange, even for him, one started wearing a mask, others started running off, some are complaining... and what he thought to be some sort of reunion? Then again, they were probably all strange to them, he was pretty open minded.

-A reunion though in our crowds... that's... the strangest one of the bunch.-

He thought for a moment wondering if their strangeness was contagious. Even if he was living alone, he wouldn't want to draw more attention to himself with his current life style. It's working anyway, at the very least for now, he wasn't sure if risking everything on talking to them would be the way to go live his live.

-People watching is fun though... ugh... I'm torn, and so does that hungry guy it sounds like... maybe they are all very dangerous... ya..... gonna back off...-

Out of a little bit of both rationality and fear, Azure went back to his shop area, and properly opened up. It pretty much had whatever a guy could want with its incredibly vast selection, spanning from food, trinkets, the section that no one, literally no one ever cares about, weapons, light armor, just name it.

"Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll be distracted by all this stuff, and maybe only window shop, I'm tired..."

Azure sat himself into a reclining chair hoping he had put together. It doesn't fold up like real ones, but its a reclining chair. He then began the arduous battle liminality as he fought between sleeping and staying awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back