Having trouble Joining Roleplays

Warden Click

Not actually a warden.
So, I've seen quite a few role plays I've wanted to join. In order to join, most of them require you to have a realistic picture of your character, or a very good drawing.

Problem is, I can't draw to save my own life, and I don't even know where to begin with a realistic picture.

I'm not expecting to find a solution anytime soon (other then to get good at drawing, I guess). I just needed to vent my frustration a bit.

For realistic images I personally usually go to pinterest; lots of people there keep boards with character inspiration, and those tend to vary from famous actors to people who are completely unknown. I'm keeping my own board as well and it's great to fall back to when I have to.

As for drawing; learning how to do it yourself would actually be a pretty cool goal. Not only are you not dependent on other people's work, you're developing a whole new skill as well. I personally draw only the characters I'm really invested into, as it just takes a lot of time that I don't have for every single character I come up with, but it does allow me to really get them to look the way I want to.

Though you could also just ask artists who's work you like if you can leave a request. There are probably definitely some out there, maybe even on this forum, who'd be up for that.

No problem. One more thing; learning to draw if you have no real experience with it so far will be super frustrating and tough, but I wholeheartedly believe that practice and study will get you infinitely further than you might think at this point.

By the by, I would not suggest just "jacking another artist's work" -- at least without giving that artist credit. That can request your entire CS be taken down and, by law, the RpNation staff team would have to do it, meaning you could very well lose the entirety of your CS that you probably worked pretty hard on. If you're going to use the artwork of others, please make sure it's credited! It really stinks when we have to delete entire CSs or posts because of it.

If I were you I'd check out some faceclaim sites to find a picture of a person to represent your character. (unless it's a nonhuman rp then it obviously won't work out for you...or if it's exclusively required that it be a drawing then you're out of luck lol)

Here's some good faceclaim tumblrs:

faceclaim directory

rphelper

face claim helpers

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back