Harvest Moon: The Dreams of Tomorrow [Inactive]

Elysium

Nuts
Elysium submitted a new role play:

Harvest Moon: The Dreams of Tomorrow - A once prosperous town will try to thrive again, or finally become another forgotten landmark.

It all started with a farm.
After a factory accident, a man named Terrence Miles decided that he had quite enough of the big city. With that thought in mind, he moved his family out to the countryside. Following in his great-grandfather's footsteps, he started the Lucky Dice Farm (Yes, he was a gambler). For a few harvests, things were tough. It was just him and his wife, his two sons and his daughter, working the farm, traveling back and forth to the city, and running everything.

After a few...
Read more about this role play...

Artemis James Doucard

Spring 11

Noon

With a mumbled curse, a raven haired man pulled himself out from under yet another car he was working on, had been working on for the last fourteen hours. He enjoyed doing this, but these were his cars, on his time. He hadn't made a dime since he had been here, other than his night job's check. But since that went to meals, human essentials, and rent on his room, he was slowly watching himself grow poorer.

"Yeesh." He mumbled, pulling off the thoroughly slaughtered t-shirt he did extra dirty mechanic/smith work in, and hopped into the shower he had tucked into a corner of the shop, safely behind a few walls. Artemis didn't mind being covered in grease and oil and other work dirt, but he refused to be seen in public all messed up, unless it was just for a quick supply run.

Which he needed to do. He started listing things he needed to buy aloud as he toweled off, drying both water and industrial grade soap off his body before throwing on baggy jeans and a very non-baggy t-shirt. Then he vaguely remembered something about a party at the bar tonight, and decided to head back to his room to get some nicer clothes. It's not like anything useful was happening in this shop anyway. He hastily scrawled a note in his slightly untidy block handwriting:

"Hey, I'm out today. If you need anything, call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX."

That being done, he grabbed his bicycle and rode back on over to the tavern, thoroughly enjoying the warm spring day and taking his sweet time. With an idle fancy, he swerved his bike into the Vineyard and locking it up by the fence. He wanted some lunch, and the restaurant here at the Vineyard was supposed to be really good, and he was starting to tire of burgers and fries.

Edvard N. Jansen

Mr. Mayor arose early, around 4 AM, and pushed some of his untidy medium hair out of his eyes and nose region. He smacked his tongue against the roof of his mouth for a moment, trying to clear away the morning cottonmouth before scooting off his massive bed.

After grabbing his crutches, to compensate for the right leg ending four inches below the knee, the wounded veteran had quickly and efficiently went through his morning routine, and left the house with both legs (real and fake) and dressed in a tailored black suit, hair lightly styled back to keep it out of his face.

A brisk walk (with a slight gimp, mind you) brought him to city hall, right on time to open at 5 AM. His office was cluttered with files, but extremely well organized and tidy, and every surface was spotless, and the various ferns and flowers well maintained.

Edvard N. Jansen, disciplined mayor of Everdale, put his chin to his chest and promptly dozed off. When the phone rang about 20 minutes later, he snapped to and worked seriously for the rest of the morning, until his insides told him it was time for lunch.

With another brisk walk, the mayor found a seat at the tavern and lifted a menu to his face, although he already kind of knew what he wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith Krueger

|Location| Current actions|

|Library| Reading a book to a child|

“The end.”

Keith said quietly, closing the book and setting it on the table right in front of him. He leaned on his chair and took a somewhat relieved sigh. If this day wasn’t a slow one, he wouldn’t even bother entertaining the kid. Wait, maybe he will, considering his love for children. Anyhow, Keith had a rather hard time with the kid. She would burst into tears when the story reaches a sad scene or shout words of encouragement when the protagonist began a battle against the forces of evil. There were countless times that this girl tried to wipe her snot with the sleeve of her shirt but being the clean freak Keith was, he just had to offer her his handkerchief. Nevertheless, after all that, he felt that all of his efforts were put to good use when he saw that gleeful smile on her face when the story had ended.

“Thanks for reading me that story, mister!”

The little girl exclaimed joyously and hopped down from the chair. Keith smiled and replied with a nod. He stood up from his chair, grabbing the book on the table and went to the other aisle, scanning for the bookshelf in the classification of the book. The little girl followed him as he did so, humming a song which he recalled as one of the soundtracks in the movie adaptation of the story.

“Hey, mister. Are you going to the party that mommy was talking about earlier?”

Party? Oh. Of course, how could he forget? The annual party during the 11th of spring. Keith rubbed the back of his head as he slid the book at the topmost shelf. He had attend that party once and it was so-so. The food was great and the people were accommodating. The only thing he feared about was a person collapsing in front of him or a drunk will randomly throw up puke or something. Man, just thinking about it is giving him the shivers.

“Hey, mister! So, are you going to attend the party or not?”

“I don’t really know….”

Before the kid can spark a sassy comment about Keith’s answer, a young woman arrived. She looked like the kid's sister or mother. The little girl ran and pounced at the woman before bidding her goodbyes to the librarian, saying,

“Bye, mister! See you at the party!”

‘See you at the party’? Does that mean that kid’s going to the party, too? Keith sighed as he glanced at the time in his wristwatch. It’s lunch break already? After locking up the library and putting up a sign saying, ‘Closed for lunch’, Keith headed towards his house.

Viola Woods

Viola held the reigns tightly as she neared the little town. It had been forever since she visited this place and it was also the first time she made the trip alone. She would've dwelt on that fact longer if it weren't for the bumpy road, her aching back, and her growling stomach. Viola could almost hear her father raving about how good the drinks were and how good the food was. She couldn't remember the food herself but she knew her father loved it and so she would too.

Pulling the reigns back, the two horses that drove her cart slowed down as she neared the stable. Her father's words from eleven years ago guided her actions as she got down and got her horses set up, paying the stable boy as her father taught her as well. Turning back, she softly patted the oldest of the horses' head, leaning close to her.

"Don't worry Ali, I'll be back soon. This man will care for you in the meantime. Rest easy, we'll make our deliveries after lunch."

She pulled away before she turned and walked away. Viola briefly looked over the town before turning into the tavern and sitting down, barely suppressing a groan from the comfort the chair had given her over her bumpy cart that she drove the whole way. It was going to be hard getting used to this again.

Opening her menu, Viola surveyed the food before stopping to wonder. Did they serve alcohol this early?

Shiloh Raynes

Shiloh was on his fifth cup of coffee since 5am that morning. He was currently icing some last minute doughnuts and brewing more coffee. Sighing he ran his fingers through his blonde hair. It was killer waking up early and baking bread but, Shiloh loved it. He put some of the doughnuts out and sat down on his chair at the register. His painted nails tapped against the wooden counter.

He looked outside and saw some store owners heading to the the tavern for lunch. He chuckled and started to close up for lunch. He made his way to the bottom of the stairs and called up "Miloh! Come down we are headed to the tavern for lunch!" he said and waited for his baby brother. No doubt playing with toys and watching cartoons.

Apolla

Apolla hummed to herself as she moved about the room, taking orders and bringing food out. She also took back the empty dishes. It was tiring work sometimes but the young girl enjoyed her work. She smiled brightly and greeted all the customers with a cheerful voice, writing down what they wanted.

Apolla waved to Vale, the bartender. She got along really well with him. She couldn't recall if he was on the clock or not. She didn't drink - mainly because she wasn't old enough - but they often chatted during lulls at the tavern. Apolla moved to one of the tables as more people entered and smiled down at Artemis. Apolla use to tease the man about his name. Artemis and Apolla. The Greek Gods of the Sun and the Moon. Well almost for her. She didn't think he found it as amusing as she did.

"Hello Artemis. Do you know what you're having?"

Darius

"Easy there boy."

Darius patted the horse's neck as they moved out onto the racing track. Clyde nickered and tossed his head and the man laughed. He had been riding him around the track. He had been using the horse to race since he came here and took over the ranch. At first he didn't do so well because he couldn't manage good training hours. But now he had a pretty set schedule. He had finished cooling Clyde down and was taking him back to the stables. He owned a couple other horses (and several other animals) but he had taken care of them all this morning.

As he finished unsaddling Clyde he petted the horse again. Locking the gate to his stall, he checked on the other animals. Starlight - a beautiful grey mare - looked a little restless. He might have to take her out onto the track. Someone else rode Starlight but almost all of the owned horses stayed here with him on the ranch. Their owners would come and take care of them or practice but Darius said if they couldn't manage he didn't mind helping out.

He gave his animals a bit more food and headed out into the town. He noticed people heading to the tavern and thought 'Why not?' He entered and looked around. He took a seat across from Viola and gave her a smile.

"Good afternoon. Did you just get back?"

Cara

Cara tapped a pen against a clipboard going over some paperwork. She didn't have as much work as she would have should she had stayed in the city, but being the sole doctor for Everdale was still work. She examined the paper and the looked over several others. She knew not everyone came by for check-ups or follow-ups whether due they have a dislike for doctors or because they forgot. Cara knew some people who avoided her offices for the first one. It was a tad frustrating. She wanted everyone to be well.

Cara leaned back in her chair glancing at the time. She should go and eat before she does anymore work. Forgetting meals was not good and she needed to be on her best. She headed to the tavern after closing up leaving a sign that any emergencies they could find her there. She entered the establishment and noticed several townfolk already there eating and chatting. She spotted one of her targets who was avoiding the clinic and took a seat across from him.

"Hello Mayor. How are you feeling?"

-----

Vale

Vale yawned and stretched before leaning back in his chair. He was not actually working at the moment. He usually worked later but sometimes came in early or sporadically to help out. He watched Apolla bustling around the tavern wondering how she could have so much energy. He realized he was going to have to go shopping today and groaned.

Vale placed his head on the bar and closed his eyes ready to crash. The noise was a buzzing in his ears.
Sleep sounded so nice. But looking at Apolla lunch sounded good as well. He got off the bar stool and headed behind the bar hoping no one would take that as a sign he was working. He peered into the kitchen ready to snag some food. He would place it on his tab and it'd be accounted into his pay.

Viola Woods

"Good afternoon. Did you just get back?" Darius asked as he sat across from her. Tearing her eyes out of the menu, she flashed a small, brief smile at him.

"Ah, hello Darius. Yes, I did. I decided I'd stop and eat before making my deliveries this morning in case you were wondering when I'd stop by with the usual. After this, I believe I'll be staying in town for awhile to load the cart and give the horses their rest. It's been awhile since they've made these trips and although I'd love to think I kept Ali and Jack fit over the past eleven years, I guess I didn't have them prepared for this trip."

She said before taking a small sip of water. She was surprised Darius had even remembered her name. What was she, ten around those days? She always loved playing with his family's horses while her father made deliveries so maybe that was how he remembered her. She was even surprised when she remembered his name.

"So, how have the horses been? I saw them when I entered town this morning. They looked quite happy except one looked a bit like she was raring to go."

She continued to scan her menu again before her eyes caught what she was looking for. Maybe biscuits and gravy would be the best option for the morning. It would keep her filled all the way until lunch time rolled around and hopefully by then, she'd be done with her deliveries.

Matthew Vernon

Matthew was crouching in front of a gravestone. Since it was pretty old it had stored a lot of dust, so Matthew was cleaning it. It was not until he was done that he noticed the time. "It's almost lunch time." He thought "Just in time, I am starving...". Matthew quickly stood up and then he began to head towards the graveyard's entrance.

As he exited it Matthew noticed that some of the store owners were apparently also heading out for lunch. Matthew took one of his cigarettes and his lighter out of his pockets. He hold the cigarette with his left hand and the lighter with his right one. He looked at them for a while before shrugging "
Good time as any for a smoke..." He said whispered to himself. Matthew decided to move a bit away from the crowd since some of them may find the smoke annoying.

As soon as he was away from the shop owners he began to smoke. While doing so Matthew began to look around "
It's surely very different around here" He thought "I am glad I got used to it so fast." Matthew was snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed how close the tavern was. He put out his cigarette and then he threw it out into a trashcan before entering. He decided he would sit down in a table that was next to a window.

Darius

Darius listened to Viola talk. It had been some time since he last saw her but he was glad that she was back. He nodded at her glad that she mentioned his things. He was going to ask about it and it saved him some breathe. Maybe he would join her while she made her deliveries. Most of the chores he had were done and unless someone had animal health problems he didn't have to be on the ranch. He wanted to catch up.

"They are all doing well. I do my best to keep them in top shape. A fair share of them are race horses but many of those get taken care of by their owners. You must be talking about Starlight. Yes she is one of the race horses but her owner doesn't come by too often. Something about a job. She's a bit of a wild one so if she doesn't get ridden enough she tends to get restless."

He looked over his own menu thinking of getting something hardy. He saw Apolla - usually flitting about - taking Artemis' order. So he had time to decide. "How long will you be here?"

Keith Krueger

|Location|Current Actions|

|House|Feeding his two beloved cats|

"I'm home.."

Keith muttered to himself as he opened up the door to his apartment. Unlike the other cats, Pucci greeted him with a soft purr. Keith smiled at the cat and picked her up before shutting the door and making his way inside the house.

"Where's Tobio?"

Keith asked which made the orange cat leap from his arms and wander off to find her other companion who was probably taking a nap, once again. As Pucci proceeded to jump around the house, Keith went to the kitchen and got out a pair of cat bowls. He set it down on the floor and each filled it with cat food with a pinch of cat nip beside it. Much to his surprise, Tobio, the black cat, suddenly pounced on him which made him lose his balance and fall on his butt. Where did this guy come from? Moreover, is he only going to show up when there's food? Jeez.

After watching his two beloved cats feed themselves, Keith got hungry himself and decided to grab some lunch as well. After locking up the gate to his apartment, he left and walked towards the tavern. As he went inside, he noticed that there were a fair amount of people already. Being the not-so-social person that he is, Keith took the seat at the very corner and scanned through the menu.

Artemis James Doucard

Spring 11

Noon

Artemis knew the menu, having eaten nothing but this place's food for the last several days, so he just stared, somewhat blankly, while he waited to order. However, like always, he perked up a bit upon hearing her voice. Apolla was a sweetheart, and he didn't ever hide his thoughts on the matter. But that went for any matter of matter, really. Artemis wasn't shy.

"Hello love. I guess I'll just take the meatball hero again. And a beer." He tossed the menu onto the table, having gazed without reading it for the last couple of minutes. Artemis sighed a bit, and kept gazing blankly off into space, preoccupied by his lack of funds. He knew a smith/mechanic would be needed eventually, but was going to have bills soon.

To take his mind off of that, Artemis started to draw a schematic for the electrical components in his car. Y'know, for fun.

Edvard N. Jansen

Mr. Mayor's eyes calmly opened upon hearing the town doctor's voice, quietly waking up from yet another one of his famous catnaps. His steel gray eyes, still a bit tired, locked on with hers, giving her the common courtesy to make eye contact. So many people didn't, and that was one of the serious mayor's little peeves.

"Good afternoon Cara. My back is still ruined and my leg still fake, so I'm alright. How are you?" He asked her mainly how she felt as a way to change the subject. It wasn't so much the individual who made him uncomfortable, but the doctor in front of her name. Having your leg sawed off in the middle of a field with only basic medical tools and a branch between the teeth as the only painkiller kind of killed that for him. The woman herself was fine by him, and the moment she stopped doing her job and talked to him just for the sake of talking, would be the moment he actually had interest in this conversation.

Dominic ran around in circles, playing aeroplanes. He loved playing outside in the mid-afternoon sun. He sang as he played but then a thought crossed his mind, making him wonder. Where on earth is Miloh? Despite this, he continued to play, running around and climbing trees. When the time felt right, he decided to head back.

Aw, man... he thought. Not another night sleeping at the church... When will someone adopt me? He slowly dragged his feet through the church doors, moping all the way. Don't get him wrong, he appreciates being cared for, but still his heart is not yet content. He knelt down at the feet of the tall, marble idol in front of him.

"Dear Harvest Goddess,

I know I ask you this so much but please PLEASE let me get adopted. I want a mummy and daddy again, and I want a brother who I can play with. But anything will do fine just let me have a family.

Amen."

When his short prayer had concluded he went to rest in his room.

Adrianne Dana Keys

Adrianne gazed at the scenery outside of the window of her car, the cigarette she held in her mouth slowly coming to an end leaving a trace of smoke behind. She felt completely exhausted to be completely honest, she had been riding her car for the past ten hours, and had finally managed to get to Everdale, but she now regretted not looking for a room to stay before moving out of her previous place.

I will have to make do with whatever they have I guess... she thought with a sigh, while massaging her temples with one hand. Her decision to move away from where she was staying before had been sudden, and she had refused to think too much about it before she could have found anything that could have made her change her mind. But that also meant that she had no idea of where she was staying, nor whether she would even manage to get a job. Well... at least I've applied for one...

As these thoughts crossed her mind she moved the car closer to the centre of town, where all the shops seemed to be gathered, and parked in front of a small building with a sign stating "tavern" in capital letters. This was probably her best bet for finding out whether there were any places available.

As she walked out of her car, she couldn't help but curse a bit the sun for being so bright when the only thing she wanted was some shade and quiet. Adrianne pushed to door of the tavern open, and was somehow surprised to find it buzzing with people. She stood there for a second before moving to a table in a corner of the place. She screened the menu quickly before deciding that anything would do really since she was starving.

While waiting for someone to come and take her order she looked around the room full of people. She wasn't sure of it, but somehow she had the impression that everyone had their eyes on her. She shook her head, trying to shake away her paranoid ideas. Why would anyone there care about her in the first place?

Dominic stood by his window, gazing at the same view as always. Rays of light from the sunset caressed the buildings' rooftops. But then, all of a sudden, he noticed the most extraordinary thing; an unfamiliar car. Cool, he thought. New people! He hurried out of his room and into the main church. "By Harvest Goddess!" he sang back to the marble idol, whom he was waving to. He skipped out of the church and down the road, to the first place any new person goes; the inn.

He used his tiny left hand to push open the door to the inn, and smiled and waved at those who noticed. He looked around for the new people. To his surprise, he saw an unfamiliar woman, alone in the corner. That's her, he thought. Exciting! He hoisted himself up onto the chair across from her. "Hello miss," he said, joyfully. "Have you come to live here?"

Cara

The doctor sighed at the mayor's words. She wished Edvard would take his health more seriously.
When they had met again as adults Cara was surprised by his injuries. She wanted to ask more at the time - still did - but she never could bring her to truly ask. But she did learn soon enough that Edvard had no desire to go to the clinic. Cara took to hunting him down and making sure he was taking care of himself. She disliked being overly strict and going after her patients but sometimes it felt like the only way with some of them.

Still she could see that a conversation about his injuries or anything medical would not go well right now. So she decided to cave and change the topic. "Are you excited for the festival tonight? It was always one of my favorites as a kid. Even now seeing the other townfolk enjoy themselves so much. It's nice. You aren't overworking yourself right?" Oops. Maybe she couldn't avoid asking questions like that. It was like a curse of being a doctor for so long. Maybe some of it was because she didn't talk to Edvard as much as she liked. They had grown up together and even now she felt a feeling of friendship towards him. She wanted to know for personal reasons too.

Apolla

Apolla smiled down at her notepad as she wrote the order. She gave Artemis the same smile and nodded. "Got it. Your order should be done right away." She moved away trying to make a note about who was here and when they arrived. She was probably going to ask Vale for help. He was still here after all.

Apolla headed over to where she saw Vale and she waved at him. She beamed and poked him in the side. "Cook for me," she asked sweetly handing him the order. He was going to say yes. He always did. "It'll keep you occupied. Promise I won't keep you long either." But without waiting for a reply she moved on stopping by Matthew's table.

"Sorry for the wait. What can I get you?"

Adrianne had been lost in her thoughts for a while before she noticed a little figure coming towards her and making himself comfortable in a chair in front of her. She looked at the child without really knowing what to do, but before she could do anything he started chatting away to her.

"Hello miss," he said, joyfully. "Have you come to live here?"

Adrianne had never been particularly good with children, but she couldn't very well just ignore the kid sitting in front of her. In particular when he looked so very excited at the thought of her moving there.

It isn't everyday that someone new moves here, I guess...

While thinking this she scanned quickly around the room to see if the kid's parents had been there, but if so she couldn't tell who it was in there. Turning her attention back to the kid there waiting for an answer she showed a smile before talking.

"I'm thinking about it..." she said as if lost in her thinking. Then after a short pause she moved a bit closer at the table and asked:

"Do you think I should move here?"

"Yeah! It's fun here," replied Dominic to the lady's question, a massive smile across his cheeks. "You can stay at the church with me tonight, and by a house tomorrow!"

He calmed himself down a bit and then, more quietly, asked the mysterious lady a question. "Hey miss, um... What's your name? I'm Dominic, I live at the church."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back