• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

"Hard" Expletives In Character

simj26

Awful, Terrible, No-good Layabout
No jokes here. Look away if you're expecting usual simj22 shenanigans.

I understand that slurs and especially rough expletives are disallowed from the site, mainly because no one wants to set off an already volatile bomb.

However, if a roleplay calls for it, or if it is entirely in character for a person, say, for example, AS AN EXAMPLE, a racist bigot from the South, calls a black character by their infamous slur, and puts em down for it, or a foul mouthed street thug from just about any part of the world calling another character a c*nt or whatever, etc. Etc., is it technically allowed, or is it still right out?

Violence, expletives, stuff like that, anything goes in-character.

Of course, the filters we have will still swap around a few words, but they're totally 100% allowed.

After all, it's just a character insulting a character, so there's no harm in that.

It's only when stuff like that degrades to insulting each other out of character and/or name calling is when it's considered harassment, and that's what's against the rules.

I've definitely had my characters use a few colorful words like that in the past.

Obviously, don't abuse it and use a slur every other sentence, because that's just annoying and then your intention behind that might be a little questionable, but I'm sure that wasn't what you meant.

Those words aren't entiiiiiiirely disallowed from the site, either.

It's just that, out of character, you shouldn't use that to address someone/ use them in a derogatory manner in any way and you're expected to handle whatever you say maturely (key word here).

It's... not really recommended, though, and I would avoid saying them out of character altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back