• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Harassment...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I know this might sound kinda dumb, but I'd like to know what exactly counts as harassment on this site. There is a certain user who has repeatedly made comments to me that, while they might not seem like that much, are quite frustrating. They have gotten extremely defensive (ie cussing and saying nasty things) when another user was giving constructive criticism. They claim they're not doing anything. I've read through the rules, but I can't seem to discern whether or not this person is breaking them. Advice?

QuixoticKitten said:
Okay so I know this might sound kinda dumb, but I'd like to know what exactly counts as harassment on this site. There is a certain user who has repeatedly made comments to me that, while they might not seem like that much, are quite frustrating. They have gotten extremely defensive (ie cussing and saying nasty things) when another user was giving constructive criticism. They claim they're not doing anything. I've read through the rules, but I can't seem to discern whether or not this person is breaking them. Advice?
This is what qualifies as Harassment according to Site Rules:

Harassment - Users are not allowed to harass other members on RpNation. Harassment is defined as the action of repetitively targeting another individual with messages or actions that intend to annoy, upset, disturb or insult. Users can be reported for harassment if they continue communicating to an individual who has requested a termination of behaviors. Reports of user harassment are taken seriously by RpNation Staff and strict punishment may be dealt to accounts engaging in harassment.
Also in the Warning given to users

"Harassment is the action of repetitively targeting another individual with messages or actions that intend to annoy, upset, disturb or insult."

If you believe this does cover your situation, I would recommend starting an Admin Contact thread or reporting the person's messages from your PMs with the report button. This way we can more thoroughly investigate the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back