• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Happily Ever After Comes at a Price

MARINA JACOBSON

normal_hqdiesel1_601.jpg
Mina glared at Lucas, when he insisted on using her given name, trying to keep herself from getting angry. "I'm up for the challenge and already know I'll succeed. I'd just be careful, if I were you. You would be trusting me with your life in a swimming pool, so it wouldn't be best to tick me off, don't you think?" She challenged back with a smirk, looking at him from her position on the sofa. She could see his disdain for swimming, realizing that it would be quite the task to get him in the water. Despite the difficulty, she was interested to see how the tall boy would handle it. The brunette was drawn from her thoughts, when the girl with blue hair complimented her on her name. "That's very nice of you to say, Neco." She expressed with gratitude, though the swimmer was still questioned why her parents named her after water. At the same time, it was nice to see someone appreciated it, if she did not herself.

Mina glanced at Lucas, when he mentioned the various sports he was involved in.
"That's quite the repertoire you have there. I'm actually impressed." She admitted with a slight smirk, wondering how he was able to manage all of those sports. Since swimming took up a lot of her time, she could not imagine doing another sport. "We'll have to work on the swimming then, if you ever want to do a triathlon." She shrugged, lying down on the sofa again and looking at the others gathered in the room. The young woman chuckled when Neco asked Lucas if he was a nice person, given that Gaston could also be his father. "That would explain some of his attitude. Then again, Muscle Man seems to be somewhat intelligent, and we all know Gaston wasn't the brightest bulb." She stated candidly, recalling some details about the fairytale figure. She nodded slowly at Liz's words, thinking that she was right in saying that a child of Gaston does not have to be as bad. Her increasing volume suggested that she was passionate about the topic.

She looked up when the door suddenly burst open, raising a brow out of curiosity, when an Asian boy entered the room with haste. She found herself chuckling, when he introduced himself through rambling. "Welcome to the club, Li." She stated with a small smile, giving him a wave from the sofa. When Sarah suggested Li's parentage, Mina thought she was spot on. His expression and his general appearance did suggest that Fa Mulan and Li Shang were the right answer. The brunette saw that Li sat down next to Neco, shrugging off some of his nervousness, as he whispered something in the girl's ear. His lively demeanor was needed to help them through this journey.

Mina gave Lucas an amused look, when he shook his leg restlessly about the drinks. Though she would not announce it to the group, the brunette was also getting antsy about the impending alcohol from room service.
"This party better happen." She murmured more to herself than anyone else in the room. The swimmer thought it would be rather difficult to get through this letter and what came afterwards while completely sober. Her salvation came moments later when Asher went to answer the door, grinning when he returned to place alcohol in Lucas' lap and on the bed. Mina chuckled at Dani's comment about the small talk, looking in the girl's direction and giving her a small smile. "Definitely too much small talk while still completely sober. There's only so much I can handle." She noted, getting up from the sofa and grabbing a bottle of Smirnoff from Lucas' lap. The young woman opened the bottle and brought it to her lips, pouring some liquid down her throat with a pleasant sigh. "I hope you won't miss this." She teased the boy with faded brown hair, waving the bottle and swaying to the music Liz played.

@Semblance , @Sunbather , @WolfsbaneRain , @nomiSMASH , @Amora Aurora

IqCHdv17Pw3ssD_rvc3KnMNM6p5GLXHPmizcOgq5HU-UYTTLRbqQu3KcVGH1zfeFsRG3-KoLURJHqF1CrDwAKS5lKqaIgE7zuEkebWePL7ipYMBJHLznub_rEivYcyDnAg=s768

Elizabeth had been tapping her foot on the floor to the song that had been playing, until she noticed Neco walk over to her and grab her hands. She raised a brow at the gesture and felt a bit awkward. She just nodded once the girl finished apology. Her brown eyes widened when she gave a curtsy and a laugh escaped Elizabeth's lips. It wasn't until then, that she noticed a good looking asian guy had enterd moments before. She sat there for a moment in shock, not understanding how the hell she did not notice him enter.

"When the fuck did he get here?" She mumbled under her breath.

She examined him for a moment, taking in his features. A small smirk curled to her lips as she registered who his parents were. It was completely obvious they were Fa Mulan and Li Shang. After taking in Fa's appearance, she began to grow anxious for the letter. Liz sat quietly, istening to her music and the chatter of a few others. Once again her focuz on that was broken due to knocking on the door. She smiled seeing that it was the liqour, but decided to sit there for a moment longer. She noticed Dani sit next to her.

"
Set It Off is basically my life, as for Against The Current allI have to say is I need Chrissy Costanza's voice." She grabbed the bottle Dani had offered and took a drink of it.

She scruntched her nose for a second before relaxing. The liquid wasn't horrible, but she wasnt one to drink. She had only drank one time and was shit faced, she was conviced her friends' mother's shoes were going to eat her. After that she swore to herself she would never get that drunk again. She handed the bottle back to Dani and as she listened to Asher speak. A laugh escaped her mouth then, she began speaking.

"
Oh damn, I forgot to tell you guys... I have Ebola. Guess I should've told you sooner." She spoke in the most serious tone she could muster.

She laughed at some of their faces. She didn't think anyone would believe her.

"
Oh c'mon I'm just messing around, I'm as healthy as it gets." Liz rested her head against the wall once more.

She listened to Marina as she teased Lucas and a small smile curled to her face. These people weren't so bad, but it'd still take a while to be completely comfortable with them.

@Semblance @Sunbather @Amora Aurora @Akeira @WolfsbaneRain

(wont be able to post until late afternoon tomorrow, I have school and stuff but here ya go :3 )

Lucas Rylan

proxy.php

Lucas gave Mina a playful smile to show that he was joking when he saw her glare at him for using her full name.
"I don't know why you hate that name so much. I think it's pretty," he told her honestly, his hazel eyes meeting her blue ones. The corners of his pink lips turned from a smile into a frown as she mentioned that his life would be in her hands should she teach him swimming. "Well that's assuming that you'll even get me into the water in the first place, which unfortunately for you, has not been accomplished by any of my many swimming instructors from when I was a kid," he told her confidently before scoffing at her comment about doing a triathlon. "How about I skip the swimming part and go straight to the biking and running?" he replied, wrinkling his nose at the thought of getting into a lake or pool. Lucas shot Mina a dirty look when she mentioned him being somewhat intelligent, although he didn't mind the 'Muscle Man' nickname she had given him. "Hey I'm pretty sure a beast is more intelligent than a fish," he said teasingly, putting an emphasis on that last word as he called her a fish.

Lucas practically jumped out of his seat as he heard the knock of room service on the door. He smiled excitedly as Asher placed the handles in his lap, trying to decide which one he wanted to drink first. He decided to go with the Grey Goose, as he appreciated the finer vodka brands. He chuckled as Dani called him out on his need for drinks since it was getting hot.
"Well look who thinks they're so smart," he retorted with amusement, his hazel eyes lighting up into a teasing glint. "Hopefully the alcohol bottles were stored in ice, so they should at least be cold in the beginning," he added, trying to explain himself and smiling at Dani.

He looked over as Liz made a joke about having Ebola and he laughed humorously. Lucas realized that although the dark-haired girl seemed quiet, she had a hidden sarcastic side to her that he enjoyed.
"I wonder what you're like when you're drunk. Not as quiet I bet," he told her, giving her a playful wink.

The tall man with the faded brown hair watched Mina grab a Smirnoff bottle from his lap and he couldn't help but smile at their shared love for vodka.
"I definitely will," he said sadly, sighing, as she asked him if he would miss this. Resolve returned to his hazel eyes as he looked up to everyone in the group. "This will probably be our last night to party and drink in a while, so let's just have fun tonight and do whatever the fuck we want!" he exclaimed before looking over at Asher. "Thanks for the drinks, man," he told him gratefully and raised his bottle into the air. "Cheers everyone!" he said loudly, his hazel eyes scanning the rest of the group before finding their way over to Mina. Lucas smiled at the girl with the cerulean eyes as his own green eyes couldn't help but admire her soft features and slim figure.

@AkwardWriter @Akeira @Amora Aurora @nomiSMASH @Sunbather @WolfsbaneRain

Last edited by a moderator:
A N N A B E L L E XX K O R E

5jva9Vb.png

Annabelle nodded gracefully, followed by a weak smile towards Lucas. "That's true. But I like to assume the more positive alternatives. You'd be surprised how many people feel misunderstood. How many people die and then they have to live with their perception. How people think of them." She spoke with a surprising amount of confidence, compared to her usually dreamy, absent-minded voice. "A lot of times, people only want to do good. And they think they do. And then, once they are gone, they are really depressed that they couldn't convey that." Neco seemed to get a little upset now. Her fingers trailed over the cool steel case of her camera, which she had held onto Lucas for a while now. "I think that's really sad. And a little scary." Finally, she shook her head, as if to shake these thoughts off and smirked. It was the first truely authentic expression of amusement on her face so far. "Don't worry, Lucas, you're not alone. We can both stay out of the water. I hate it. I've always bailed on going to the beach, just so I wouldn't get wet, really. Brr..." she shook herself a little and gave Marina an apologetic smile.

As Asher handed out the beverages, Neco held up her hand, flat, and gently shook her head. "No, thank you. I'm not allowed to." she explained, sounding like a little girl who had to abide by her curfew. "Plus, I know a lot of people who lost their families to it. I'm not very fond of alcohol." The girl was surprisingly confident in her words now. Nevertheless, a friendly, emphatic smile washed over her frail appearance. "Don't let me stop you, though. I'm sure you can decide for yourself." She once more started to wiggle a strand of her hair around her finger, staring at Lucas again, then - abruptly - clapped her hands and eyed Asher. "I'm so sorry. I completely ignored your question." Neco spoke as if she was delighted and scolding herself at the same time, her face wide awake now. "I kind of... I suppose, blog?" she pondered. "I make videos about flowers, hair products, fashion. That kind of stuff. You can see for yourself. Just search for LoveEntonos." Neco held up her smartphone and handed Asher the device, which showed her channel. "Entonos is Greek. Means color. Or intense color, I think. I like it." She almost sounded a bit defensively, but it was more childish than snappy.

@Semblance @Amora Aurora

Dani Darling

Dani smirked, slightly impressed by Lucas' quick comebacks. A couple shots of Fireball later, she was feeling a little more social and a lot more open-minded to this whole thing. She spent her childhood in awe that her mother's name was Jane Darling, just like the one from the fairytales, and at younger ages played around with her school friends as if she were Tinkerbell, but never really gave it much more thought once she grew older. What sane human being would? She knew she was always different, but she just assumed she was some sort of identity crisis freak. Well, what do you know, she was mostly correct. The whiskey going to her head made her smile at her own internal joke, but she wiped it away when her brain reminded her that smiling to herself was strange. She stood up slowly from where she was seated, both enjoying and despising the sensation that swarmed through her veins at the change of position. She walked to the other side of the room to retrieve her backpack that she'd left in the fancy little coat closet by the door, and dug for a hair tie to pull her blonde locks up into a messy bun to get it off of her neck. She shut the closet door and returned to the action to giggle lightly at Mina being the only one swaying to the music. She shrugged, taking a large swig from the bottle in her hands and screwing the top back on before dropping it into Lucas' lap, because he was the closest, given that Mina was speaking to him, then she turned around to grab one of Mina's hands playfully and spin her around, throwing her head back in a childish laugh as the two separated and she continued the dance on her own.

"I guess you guys aren't the worst people I could be stuck in this strange situation with." She admitted softly to the group, eyes closed as she swayed passionately to the beat.

Asher Ascort

Asher grinned at Neco's expressions as she realized she hadn't answered him yet, nodding along as she spoke about her channel, and only turning his gaze away from her long enough to type her username into the youtube search bar and quickly click follow, making a mental note to check her out later.
"That's really cool. Both your youtube hobby and ability to turn down alcohol." He complimented, taking a drink despite his words of admiration. His eyes soon landed on the dancing girls, naturally, but successfully managed to hold back any misogynistic but humorous comments that pushed against the inner surface of his skull.

Asher chuckled at Liz's joke, holding his bottle up in her direction in a sort of cheers, attempting to distract himself from Li sitting next to and even whispering to Neco. It was best that he didn't acknowledge such things. Li was a nice guy, and it was too soon to dislike others just because of mutual interest in a female.
"How ironic. A bunch of fairytale characters ask for our help and then we all die of ebola. Some saviors we turn out to be."

Fa Li

bbf36167-2990-43ca-9531-75f706f7e544_zpsxsnrwu7y.jpg
Li started looking around the room and listening to other people's conversations after his failed attempt at making a joke for Neco. He was honestly surprised she didn't get the joke at first. He was sure he make it pretty obvious. But then again, this wasn't the first time he screwed up, and it definatly won't be the last. So, he just shrugged it off, not wanted to put her on the spot by pointing out the mistake. But before he could properly answer her with a his own guess of who his parents were, Li was interrupted when he heard a girl talk about Fa Mulan and Li Shang. When he heard that he energetically stood up and pointed at the girl with his other hand pointing at his own nose. "Ding, ding,ding! Got it. You got it right on the nose." He said excitedly. "Well, you know that's what I think. It's not like I have a family picture sitting in my room or anything." He said regaining his composure, with his hands out to his sides, questionaly.

But again his attention was drawn away when he heard a knock on the door and Asher arrived back in the room with bottles and bottles of liquor.
"Haha, well don't mind if I do." Li said, mostly to himself, rubbing his hand together as if a fresh rack of ribs just showed up infront of him. He quickly walked over and took the closest bottle he could get his hands on, not even bothering to look at the brand before opening the top and taking a nice swig out of the bottle. He felt it pass his lips and burn his throught as he swallowed it. He closed his eyes and blew out a breath. "Damn, that strong." He looked down at the label for the first time, to see what he just consumed. It was Bacardi rum, no wonder really. Li isn't the type to drink all the often to begin with. No, he finds pleasure in the simpler things. Like the spontanious trip to Boomers, or taking a road trip without really knowing where he's going. Yah, that's fun. He turned to the people around him, "If you guys really wanna have some fun you might want to leave this little hotel room." Li suggested. He wasn't really excited about being stuck in a little room with about ten other people.

MARINA JACOBSON

normal_hqdiesel1_601.jpg
Mina chuckled softly, when Lucas complimented her name, her pale blue eyes meeting his hazel orbs. "Thanks." She murmured gently, raising a brow at his confidence about not getting in the water. "Perhaps, but I wasn't one of your swimming teachers, was I?" The brunette reasoned with a shrug, determined to prove her point by teaching him how to swim. She chuckled, as he wrinkled his nose at the thought of swimming as part of a triathlon. "You're just going to have to suck it up, Muscle Man." She retorted with a small smirk. Her pale eyes met Neco's, when the blue haired girl mentioned her disdain for the water. "Looks like I may have to work on you as well." She murmured with a mischievous smile, though she would never force either of them too far outside their comfort zones.

Some time later, Mina continued to sway to Liz's music, holding the handle of vodka in her hand and sipping every so often. Upon hearing Liz announce that she had Ebola, the brunette almost spit out the liquor in her mouth, turning around to look at the young woman. "That was funny. You almost had me." She sniggered, giving the girl a thumb's up and letting more Smirnoff burn its way down her throat. Though the thought of the jest could have been serious, Mina was glad to know that Liz had a funny bone. She seemed a bit quiet at first, which was a large contrast to the swimmer's usual demeanor. Despite Liz's silence, Mina thought that she seemed nice, as did the rest of the people in their little group.

She bit her lip, as Lucas said he would miss the Smirnoff, smirking moments later and continuing to swig from the handle.
"If you want some, all you have to do is ask." She hinted with a smug smile, holding the liquor toward him for a few moments. She laughed when Lucas toasted to everyone, particularly Asher, and remarked that it may be their last night to let loose. "That means I'm definitely getting smashed tonight." She declared, downing a bit more of the alcohol and feeling it take its toll on her body. There was no way she was being thrown into the world of fairytale peril without a last celebration. She gave everyone a whimsical expression and continued to sway to the music, feeling warmth like nothing could touch her, as the alcohol in her system influenced her judgment. When Lucas' eyes met hers, her lips curled into a smile, and she winked at him, continuing to swing to the tunes playing throughout the hotel room.

She finally tore her eyes away from his, as Dani approached her and grabbed one of her hands. Mina laughed loudly and set the handle of Smirnoff on a nearby table, swaying with a giddy expression, when Dani spun her around.
"I like you. You're fun." The brunette exclaimed, swinging her hands back and forth and spinning the girl in front of her. As the two separated, she laughed to herself again and continued to sway to the music, not caring if she looked a bit psychotic to the others. Mina Jacobson was having good fun, and that was all that mattered to her. She considered Li's idea of leaving the hotel room, a faint voice in her mind telling her that may be a bad idea. "Maybe when I sober up a bit... Or going now is a perfect time." She tittered, hiccupping softly and continuing to enjoy the music with a grin.

@Semblance , @Sunbather , @AkwardWriter , @Amora Aurora , @WolfsbaneRain

5jva9Vb.png

Anna smirked a little, noticing Asher's glance over to the girls. She leaned back and looked up at him, waiting how long it would take for him to take his gaze somewhere else. "Thank you." she said, a slight giggle in her voice, as if she was in on an amazing secret. "I can also take my eyes off of pretty girls." she remarked handing her camcorder over, one arm raised towards Asher. "Lasts longer, I think." she pulled back her camera, signalying that it was a joke. With Neco, it was a bit hard to tell sometimes. "Don't worry, I get it. They're very pretty. Actually... everyone is here so beautiful, don't you think?" she asked, her tone extremely sincere, her compliment was obviously genuine.

As Li looked at her surprised, Neco flashed an apologetic smile. Her nature was rather shapable, so to speak, so she didn't want to stereotype the boy after her earlier comments, regarding Gaston and Lucas. Then, she looked at Mina, who seemed to be in a very good move. "You're never gonna get me into water, I'm sorry." She spoke with great authority, as if this was deeply important . "We're gonna end up wrestling if you try." she followed up in a dry voice, her smile showing she was joking. She was, however, serious about not getting in the water. Swimming made her panic like crazy. She then stood up with a lot of enthusiasm, clapping her hands together, as if they were going to go on an adventure.. "I am super-dooper with Li. Let's take a walk. Night air is so nice." she happily exclaimed, looking around, hoping the others would be up for it. "Plus, I kinda wanna see the town a bit. How often do you get an invitiation to a road trip through the country, right?"

@Akeira\[/uSER \[uSER\=5028\]@WolfsbaneRain[/uSER]

Lucas Rylan

proxy.php

Lucas nodded with understanding as Neco's voice became filled with conviction. He had a feeling that there was a story tied to this point of view, but he wasn't going to pry. After all, he had just met her, and he doubt that she would be so open to share. He chuckled with amusement at their shared hatred for water.
"I'm glad we're not all fish here," he replied teasingly, glancing over at Mina. "I can't remember the last time I went to the beach," he added, reflecting back on his previous years. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of this quest if there's going to be any swimming involved," he joked as his attention flickered back over to the rest of the group.

He watched as Dani rose to grab a hair tie from her backpack and reached to put her blonde hair into a messy bun. He took another swig of his Grey Goose before the blonde girl returned to place her own handle back into his lap. As he continued to drink the vodka, he began to feel his head becoming heavy and his vision starting to blur.
"Yeah honestly, you guys are pretty chill," he replied to Dani with a lingering smile on his face. "I'm just glad I'm not with a bunch of uptight grandmas," he joked.

His hazel eyes flickered over as he overheard Asher compliment Neco on her ability to turn down alcohol and he found himself subconsciously nodding in agreement. He knew plenty of people who drank out of peer pressure or to appear "cool", but he found it admirable that the blue-haired girl was able to withstand that.
"Plus, you have blue hair," he said to her as another reason why she was cool. Although that statement was in no way related to the topic of conversation, Lucas' growing tipsy mind found that it made perfect sense. "Hey at least if we die of ebola, we'll be going out with a BANG," the faded brunette boy replied to Asher with a smile, emphasizing that last word a little too loudly as the alcohol began to creep into his system.

Lucas' blurred gaze shifted back to Mina as she defended her swimming abilities.
"We'll see about that," he retorted confidently. A little while later, the blue-eyed girl offered him some of her handle with a smug smile and his eyes lit up. "Don't mind if I do," he replied happily as he accepted the Smirnoff. "Here have some of mine. Grey Goose beats Smirnoff any day," he told her as he handed his pale gray bottle over to her. When she winked back at him, Lucas gave her a smug nod and a charming smile. He watched as Dani came over to Mina and the two girls rose to dance. Laughing, he set his own bottle down on the table and stood up to dance with them. At this point, the effects of alcohol had kicked in enough for him to not care how silly he might look. Lucas swayed with the music and moved his shoulders with the beat as he sticked close to the girls. He breathed in Mina's sweet scent and found his hazel eyes flickering over to her captivating cerulean ones. "I love girls who can dance," he told them as he continued to move to the music, his attention shifting over to Dani as well and observing her soft brown hair.

The boy with the faded brown hair looked over as Li suggested leaving the hotel room and Neco agreeing with him. He understood that they might want to do something else, as they were the only sober ones in the room.
"Let's do it!" he agreed with excitement. "Nothing better than walking around aimlessly at night, going wherever your heart takes you," he added philosophically as he grabbed his drink for one more large swig. This should be enough to last him throughout the night. "Adventure time!" he called out as he dashed towards the hotel door. However, his foot got caught on one of the chair legs and he stumbled a few steps forward, almost plummeting to the floor. It took a bit for Lucas to rebalance himself, as his perception had significantly altered. "I'm alright," he finally concluded with a smile, looking back at the group. His hazel eyes found themselves lingering on Mina's alluring blue ones for a few seconds before he turned around to open the hotel door.

IqCHdv17Pw3ssD_rvc3KnMNM6p5GLXHPmizcOgq5HU-UYTTLRbqQu3KcVGH1zfeFsRG3-KoLURJHqF1CrDwAKS5lKqaIgE7zuEkebWePL7ipYMBJHLznub_rEivYcyDnAg=s768

Elizabeth let a small laugh escape her mouth at Lucas' words.

"
You're right, I'm not as quite, but I don't plan on getting shit faced." She said with a smile. "Haha we are awesome saviors... We can save 'em within seven days... Then, die. It all works out perfectly." She gave a laugh before humming along to "She Likes Girls" by Metro Station.

She tapped her jeans and adjusted her beanie. Her brown eyes looking over at everyone drinking. She decided against having anymore to drink other than the sip she had already taken. It burnt, and she wasn't planning on wandering the streets stumbling and looking stupid.

"
I'm up for a walk around outside. And if any of you get too drunk I guess I'll help you walk... No promises that I won't fall over as well though." She joked allowing a laugh to escape her small lips.

Her fingers curled over her ring as she toyed with it. She didn't know why, but she felt rather awkward for the time being. She was ready to get out and about instead of being in a small hotel room with some strangers that she'd eventually have to socialize with more.

5jva9Vb.png

Neco smiled at Elizabeth and her humming. The blue haired girl shook her head to the music, a faint hint of rhythm was in her movements. "I like that song." she stated, now smiling more directly at the girl, in a more personable fashion. "So!" she she said, clapping her hands. She jumped up to her feet and looked ready to go. Suddenly, a sense of energy had come over the girl. She then looked at Lucas. "Nothing's gonna be dropped. We'll stay dry and cozy." she spoke with a rather joking tone, one that wasn't exactly common in her behavior. She then looked around, giving everyone a little nod. "Are we going out or what?" she asked, slowly closing in on the door. "I've never been here. I wanna see something. Talk to some people. Just... see stuff. Don't you?" She had an almost child-like enthusiasm now.

Fa Li

bbf36167-2990-43ca-9531-75f706f7e544_zpsxsnrwu7y.jpg
As Li heard more and more encouragement for his idea to leave this stuffy little room from Neko, his own excitment to explore seemed to ten fold. He quickly got up, his lengthy arms and legs swinging in the air as he made his way over her Neko. "Yes, Yes! Let's be off my lady." He said to her, making a show of it as he made a little half bow and gave wrapper his arm around hers, their skin touching at the elbows, just like a gentleman from the 1800s. Li wasn't really drunk right now, but if you didn't know him well you would think he was. Li slowly made his way to the door, dragging Neko along with him, but just before he grabbed the handlebar he turned to the rest of the group. "Well, are you guys coming or what?"

@Semblance @Sunbather @AkwardWriter @Akeira @Amora Aurora @nomiSMASH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back