• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hands of Gold, Hands of Two

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
We rule because we were made to. It is not just our right, but our duty, to shepherd the lesser Colors. You have inherited this legacy, but take care, my child. It is not free.

The Society has reigned proudly over its island territory for nine hundred years. Forged from the fires of the War of the Tyrant, the Society is led by the 200 noble families which compose the Senate, and the Sovereign that they elect. Hundreds of lesser houses vie for a seat in the Senate, their worth judged by their honors and wealth. For the Society, honor and glory are earned in battle, and the various noble families lead seemingly endless military expeditions against their barbaric neighbors across the Channel.

After the fall of the Tyrant, the Society instituted the Compact, the laws by which they would be governed. The Compact established the caste structure which is maintained to this day. Golds, or Aureate, reign on high, composing the entirety of the aristocracy. Beneath them are Whites, a caste of priests, and Coppers, a caste of administrators and lawyers. Blues are sailors and shipbuilders, Yellows are Doctors and philosophers, Violets are actors and artists. Finally, there are the menial classes. Greys are reserved for military use or as police, Browns are servants, Pinks are pleasure servants, and Reds are for manual, unskilled labor of all sorts. Each of the lower Colors is raised to obey their Golden masters without question. In return, they are treated as disposable inferiors, something resembling a human but not quite one.

The most distinguished members of the noble Aureate, called this for the golden bracers nobility wear, are the Scarred. The most promising members of Aureate youth, upon reaching their 18th birthday, are eligible to spend a year at The Institute. It is expressly forbidden to speak about what occurs at The Institute, but it is known to produce the heroes and legends of the Society. Soft, inexperienced children enter. Scarred leave, prepared to mount a campaign as a Praetor, serve as a Lancer to a more powerful Gold, or strive for greatness in other ways.

You are Gold, whether you be from a landless family in service of their betters, a Senator's princely progeny, or something between. It is four weeks after your 18th birthday when a sealed letter arrives, bearing the Pyramid symbol of the Society. A squat Brown presents it to you, then leaves to give you privacy with which to read the letter. It is short and written in flowing script, signed by the Sovereign herself. "Congratulations on your acceptance to the Institute."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This RP is inspired by Red Rising, if you're familiar. If you're not, don't worry about it, you'll get by just fine. For "historical" context, picture a sort of neo-Roman era stylistically, but with more medieval technology and absolutely ridiculous wealth.

I'm looking for a very descriptive writer to play out the events of the Institute with. This RP will heavily feature taking your own initiative, interaction with my character and others, and will contain plenty of action and intrigue so if you're not much for writing out clever plots or gritty, brutal fights, this might not be your thing. Also, having a good grasp on how to play a shamelessly proud, blue-blood aristocrat doesn't hurt.

The Institute itself is a battle royale-ish scenario, though the students are split into teams and given small fortresses, though nothing else in the way of resources or support. For writing purposes, this means we'll also be doing a hefty amount of "survival" material.

Anywho, if this sounds interesting to you, or you just have questions, hit me up here or in PMs.

Im a big history buff, into all eras of history, and I believe I'm pretty descriptive. I also have an adaptive writing style, and I'm definitely interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back