• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Halo Alternate Universe: Dawn of the Titans

Thawne

My wits are unmatched!
Based on the Halo Reach machinima created by Digital Virus. This idea belongs to him. This is not part of the Halo universe. I do not own the rights to Bungie, 343 Industries, the Halo franchise, or any other relations to Halo and its multi-media products.

The year is 2569. After a Sangheli extremist by the name of Nakai had staged a coup against the Covenant hierarchy, he has taken over command of Covenant forces and continued their campaign against the human race and the UNSC. The UNSC's Office of Naval Intelligence had reinstated its SPARTAN-II program in the hopes that the genetically enhanced soldiers would help push back this new offensive. They thought wrong. Nakai's advanced tactics and plans pushed back even the mightiest soldiers humanity had devisd, purging large numbers of SPARTAN-IIs. At this time, ONI had appointed a retired SPARTAN-I by the name of Ki to create a way to enhance the remaining SPARTAN-IIs. Project Olympian had been created. Only three SPARTANs were able to undergo the new augmentations. Given enhanced equipment and armor, these soldiers were referred to as Titans. These three, Gabriel, Achilles, and Perseus, were able to discover Nakai's plan to create a super-powered Halo ring to open a portal to the Forerunner Mantle of Responsibility and gain the power to wipe out humanity. As time progressed, they defeated Nakai and destroyed the ring, at the cost of Perseus and Gabriel. A year later, a new leader would rise to power in Rotam Ramalee, a new self-proclaimed Sangheli hierarch. New Titans would be picked out of the remaining SPARTAN-IIs, now formed in a coalition under the name of the United Spartan Forces. It is up to this next generation of Titans to take on Rotam and crumble his regime.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a calm time in the midst of galactic war. The UNSC Hades Battlegroup was stationed in an orbit over the planet Earth, newly won back from shattered remnants of the fallen Nakai's forces. The battlegroup consisted of two destroyer-class vessels, three Halcyon-class cruisers, and two Marathon-class cruisers. This battlegroup was home to the SPARTANs and Titans of Project Olympian, an experiment created to gentically enhance SPARTAN-IIs. Commander Achilles, the only surviving member of the original three Titans, stood on the bridge of the UNSC Hyperion, one of the Halcyon-class cruisers, speaking with his second-in-command, Commander Hades. Hades had been the one that organized the battlegroup and adopted the name of his battlegroup after his transformation into a Titan. He wore the MJOLNIR Mk VI helmet with a gold visor, a UA/Base Security chestplate, a Security shoulder pauldron on his right shoulder with his favorite Ghurka knife sheathed on its front, an EVA left shoulder, and FJ/Para kneepads. He had attached a tactical soft case to his left thigh and a Tacpad on his left wrist. His black and white armor enforced his callsign of Hades.

Achilles spoke in a lower tone, his crimson and gold armor dull and scratched in several places.

"Hades, I doubt we could even try to retake Reach. We lack the firepower and manpower to due that. On top of the fleet Rotam has placed there, he also recruited more remnants of Nakai's forces that were left there. We do have the Spartans, but we don't have enough Titan personel ready yet. Most are still recovering from the augmentations." Hades still held hope that Reach could be reclaimed, just as Earth was, but they suffered too many casualties, not just of the ODSTs, but also of the Spartans. Thanatos was the only Spartan left from the Nyx Battalion, and he's still reovering from his injuries. Nightflash, Whisper, Swift, and Ocelot had all died trying to retake the UNSC HIGHCOM facility.

"But they are still disorganized! They lack a proper command structure, so now is the time to strike them! If we need more ships, then we can ask Lord Hood to send us support!" Hades had grown up training on Reach since the age of six, like all of the other SPARTAN-IIs, so Reach was more of a home to him than his homeworld of Harvest.

Achilles stepped closer to him, lowering his tone to a lower decible, but speaking with intensity much to that of a parent scolding their child in a hushed tone.

"You'd better watch your attitude with me, Hades. You might be a Lieutenant Commander now, but I am still Commander of our forces. If I give an order, you are expected to follow that order and relay it to the other soldiers. I have already fulfilled that part of your job, so you'd better make damn sure you follow the other half of your duties." Achilles thought for a moment, then lowered the severity in his tone. "I realize how hard it is for you sit back and watch your home burn, but you must understand I am taking the safety of all of our personel into account." Hades gave a light-hearted scoff then offered a reply.

"You're beginning to sound like Perseus, Achilles." Achilles stood for a moment before he started laughing, as did Hades. It was the first laugh they had in a long time.

"I suppose you're right. Now, I have reports to file, so you're dismissed for now." Hades gave Achilles a salute and turned around, walking back to the lift.

Hades took the lift down to the hangar of the Hyperion, where he liked to spend most of his time. He enjoyed being alone mostly because the other Spartans stuck together in their squads or in groups and the ODSTs just plain didn't trust the Titans or S-IIs, but the latter was something that has existed since the creation of the SPARTAN-II program. The ODSTs were used to being considered the elite forces of the UNSC, but the Spartans came and took that name when they started winning more and more battles against the Covenant forces. This wasn't the time for Hades to dwell on the past, though.

The elevator stopped early and the door opened to reveal the Master Chief, John-117, stepping into the elevator. He had been the definition of a Spartan before there was even Project Olympian: tearing through a Covenant capital ship alone with only his A.I Cortana for backup, destroying two Halo arrays, and saving the Earth from Covenant forces. Now, the Titans could do all of that and more.

The Chief strode in and went to click the key for the hangar, but saw it was already active. He reached his hand back and looked at Hades under his helmet, which he never seemed to remove like most other Spartans or Titans. Hades spoke up first.

"So, Chief, maintainance in the hangar?" Hades asked. The Chief stood silent for a moment, then replied to his question.

"Training exercise. Sparring match with Spartans 104 and 087." The elevator opened after his statement, and the Chief walked out and over to a far corner, where two more Spartans were standing and waiting. One of them wore a different model of MK VI armor while another, more feminine wore an EVA helmet with the rest of the MK VI armor. Hades stepped out and walked to a separate corner, where several stacks of crates were located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back