• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Guardians (Superpower RP for beginners)

Anybody else got ideas?" Gerald asks.

Is he trying to endanger me? How childish, Harvey thinks to himself as he stares at Gerald. "Heh! If you can't do it yo..." Harvey suddenly stops talking as he looks at the approaching scene before him. The stench of death and the site of calamity makes him realise how serious the situation has become.

"Sorry I'm late guys, brief me in."

Harvey gets out of the van and hears Gerald updating Merchant. "I'm ready when you guys are," Harvey informs the recruits.

Last edited by a moderator:
"He's pretty dangerous, killed a guardian" Gerald responds as he hands snake the files.

Alias/Name: The Puppetmeister

Power: Immortality and the ability to control the dead

Weapons and armour: Small steel wires attached to fingers

Danger rating: Extreme+++

Capture report: Apprehended by Vanguard, Champion, Astragirl, Moisture Man, Metallic Man, Gladiator (deceased), Super Slam, Wulfman and Captain colossus. Was overpowered by the guardians once found by Vanguard who tracked down the origin of the psionic waves used to control the dead.

"He will be hard to deal with. I think prioritizing his position will be key to winning this battle."

Noah looked back to where they came from, "We'll also need eyes on the other released captives just in case they interfere"

"This is gonna be tough." Replies Snake. "I better get ready."

Ed begins to put on his equipment, as he put the shurikens in his belt he asked "How far is Khiv from here, I dont want to waste time in a van when I can fly."

"I think we should stick together Snake, not everyone can fly," Harvey says. "Plus, Scout is still scanning the city for him."

"Don't forget about his danger rating though. It's a very high Extreme+++ and let's not forget that he is a manipulator. We wouldn't know which one is him or his puppets. Besides, if it was as easy as using satellite, the veterans wouldn't have needed to resort to Vanguard's inventions."

smallrorschach_by_ammotu-d1j7f7u_zpspfzlhesz.jpg
“We’re here.” Gerald replied to snake as he jumped onto the street pavement and surveyed the city. So many dead, he thought to himself as he walked further from the van. Something had caught his eye, the corpse a child. Gerald crouched down and turned the body over; the child was not much older than 10. Nothing angered him more than those who harmed children, it reminded him of the bullies who would always pick on him and his friends at the orphanage. Gerald stood up and turned towards the recruits who were around the van taking in all the death. “We’re too late…” he muttered.

“You shouldn’t be here” said the voice of a child behind Gerald. He turned around to see the dead child was now standing. The child’s skin was pale blue and his eyes were white as snow. The dead bodies lying in the city all began reanimating and standing up. They all said in sync “You shouldn’t be here.”

Gerald began stepping slowly backwards towards the van and the others. “I wasn’t expecting him to be able to control this many dead bodies” he revealed to the others. Thousands of dead from across the city began running towards the van.

“YOU SHOULDN’T BE HERE AND YOU’RE NOT LEAVING ALIVE!!!” they all screamed.

3a286ea70f.jpg

Noah took a step back in shock, "Oh no...."

As he scanned the area to see such a dreadful scene, "This is horrible..."

Regaining his senses Noah reminded the others, "Don't forget that these people are dead already, and that we can-"

His words came to a sudden halt as he looked away. No, I can't say that... It's not right... Even if they are dead, they were once innocent civilians...

Taking two steps forward out of the van... "Guys, I can use Universe and suspend the incoming... They will essentially turn into a flesh wall but we need a way to deal with them.. They won't stop until the mastermind has stopped!"

"I could use Jupiter, but I don't think it will stop them as well as Universe"​

After separating from the others, Evan has been moving from building top to building top to survey the area all the while suppressing his emotions from the sinister sight of corpses.

I've never seen anything like this before. A whole city... massacred. And this is from just one Villain, who knows what it's like where the others are, especially Clovis. At least this'll make it easier for me to track the Meister since he'll be the only one moving around in the city.

Evan knew his last thought was inconsiderate, but he had to remain optimistic for the greater good.

Blood has been spilled... lives have been taken... don't let it be in vain. I should probably inform the others of what I see. I'm also picking up on some faint movement closer to the center of the city.

But before Evan could speak, a shift in the winds spoke to him, he felt mass movement from behind him, in the direction of where the van should be. It came out of nowhere. The mass grew, it spread throughout the city, only some moved towards the van, while others remained in place. Evan realized what had happened,

"This is Scout! They know! They're coming for you! Every corpse in the city is up! I've lost track of the Meister since all the corpses are moving. Most are remaining in the city's center, but the rest are coming for you! Get ready!"

Gerald immediately ran back to the driver seat of the van and turned on the ignition. "Everyone! back in the van! We need to get to the center of the city!" He ordered. "Orbit try your best to repel them from the van, i'll phase the us and the van through the buildings so we'll get to the center of the city faster!"

Responding to Ghost's commands, Noah quickly turned back and sat down in the van. Carefully concentrating his mind, Noah closed his eyes and placed his two open hands in front of him...

"O-zone"

Earth-Ozone-Layer-shows-signs-thickening-depletion.jpg

O-zone, it was the ability that Noah first used when the Guardians were fighting Eobard. Like a protective layer around Earth, it surrounded the van in the shape of a sphere.

Due to Noah's current state of mind and adrenaline, he was able to produce a larger radius this time (approximately 15 meters) as well as a thicker barrier. Should the mindless civilians make contact with this barrier shell, they would be suspended and float around hopelessly.

"Good to go! I think I will be able to barely hold this until we hit the center! Quickly!"

As Noah used O-zone, the pressure inside the Van changed, slightly, you'd need to be specifically trained to detect it, yet Reed being Reed didn't need training as much, his body made sure he noticed, like being trapped in a cave, it felt like that. Survival kicked in and Reed woke up, looking for the problem his body warned him of he noticed Orbit and he calmed down until he re-noticed Orbit and what he was doing, Reed said to Gerald "What's going on? Why do I smell like smoke? Why are we in such a hurry" Finally Reed was fully awake.

A bullet zipped through the air, hitting one of the undead square in the head. The undead collapsed onto the ground. Several bullets followed afterwards, resulting several more of the undead falling to the ground. A man, dressed in a black trench coat, stood nearby, holding a magnum with a smoking barrel. He pulled out another, and continued firing at the undead, not caring if they were once innocent. All the man cared about was doing his job.

He didn't care about the group of people nearby, or the one who had generated the field. All he cared about was reaching his target.

Dale quickly runs into the van, he couldnt afford to fall behind again... Following in after Orbit, Merchant buckles himself in. He sat there thinking...how could he assist with this situation? Everyone was exhausted to a point, and there Dale sat, fresh as a daisy, he couldn't stand it. Pocket Dimension, he mutters as a small door in his point of view appears in front of him. He looks through his archives - he had a mini arsenal of small fire arms... Wait... he forgot he had a corner full of random supplies...and there was something which he had stolen from the labs of Overwatch.. One thing which Dale had never conquered was his thieving skills. Due to living in that world for so long, he had subconsciously taken things many times, only to find it in his storage. He pulled it out and read the label - Demon Pills. These were created by the various world researchers who worked in the labs of the craft...their lives now gone most likely...

Dale reads the label out loud: CAUTION DO NOT USE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES. EXPERIMENTAL. OVERWHELMING BOOST IN POWER FOR 180 SECONDS. CONSEQUENCES MENTAL DISRUPTION. INTERNAL DISRUPTION. DEATH. SUCCESS RATES 10%.

He looks around at his fellow heroes. So guys...look what I found.

Whilst still concentrating on O-zone, Noah glanced over to the newly arrived Merchant. Amazed by his powers, Noah's pupils widens as Merchant pulled out the Demon Pills. Being a researcher and recognizing what they were, Noah gasped in fear, "The Demon Pills!"

"My parents told me about them... they yield unlimited power but at the cost of your life! It is taboo among us researchers and there aren't that many left in the world. Where did you find that?! IT'S DANGEROUS!"

Noah temporarily shook off his shock and went back to strengthening his O-zone, now with sweat rolling down his face.

One building after another, Gerald managed to phase the entire van and everyone in it as they traveled across the city. The tallest skyscraper in the city was at the heart of Khiv. Gerald felt his powers weakening; it wouldn’t be long before they stop phasing. BAM! The van crashed, Gerald had crashed the car into the base of central skyscraper but was too exhausted to move. He looked around to see that they were in the lobby and that they were still surrounded by the undead. Gunfire burst from nearby a man in a black trench coat was killing the zombies left, right and center but there were too many and the zombies just kept coming. They’d have to defeat the puppetmeister if they wanted to stop all the undead. Gerald tried to talk but his mouth muscle wouldn’t allow it, the fatigue proved too strong.

The man scoffed at when the van crashed. He didn't have time for any distractions. He only had time for the mission. He continued firing into the zombies, and began running to the central skyscraper. He holstered both of his guns, and drew out a combat, cutting through and vaulting over several undead as he ran into the building. He had a mission to complete.

"Hey, that's neat, are you going to use it?" Reed's atention was completely withdrawn "You know, my body should be able to handle it, it will counteract against disruption and death, believe me I already tried to kill myself with pills, doesn't work, if you want though I could try what I did to snake's body, I can give you some of my genetic material to fight the pill off, hey you may even keep your mind and all" then, suddenly Crash Reed just sat there as the Van crashed, he didn't move at all and he seemed paralyzed "It seems to be decision time new guy, what do you say?"

Snake grappled to building and started hitting the corpses with the hook, he would drag them to his height and then kick them off the building. "Hope this would work longer, Scout did you find puppet dude, he might be way too dependent on his power, if we can tie him up or immobilize him and take him away from the corpses, he must have a limit to the distance. Another idea is if I use the fear on them, if it works from the dead to the controller we might have a chance -" Snake saw the man in the trench coat firing at the dead, Snake didnt care though.

Snake heard the message to get in the van, but he didnt care, he could as easily follow them.

Crash!

Snake saw the wreckage, "I never really liked cars." Said Snake as he grappled to it, he didnt seem worried though, they cant die that easily.

Snake pulled apart the doors with the grapple, "You guys alive?"

As the van crashed, Noah's concentration was strongly disrupted and O-zone was dropped. Noah barely got back to his feet after Snake opened the door.

Looking towards Reed now, Noah stressed, "NO! You need to stop using your own body as an experiment Evolution! Believe me, this is highly dangerous and we don't know its full effects yet. For all we know, it could damage you so much that your body will try to over-adapt to it as soon as you consume it! Adaptation isn't always a benefit!"

Facing towards the horde of undead again, Noah dropped his head, "However, this isn't my decision. I only recommend against it. But I think we should at least wait it out and see how we fare with these guys first."

The puppetmeister stood at the top of the skyscrapper staring out at his creation. "So beautiful! I'm such an artisan! But these cockroaches are defiling my work! They will have to be killed. Of course Darlene. Yes Samuel I have it control. HAHAHAHAHA!" the puppetmeister said to the two zombies beside him, or perhaps he was talking to himself, I have no idea because he is just way too insane.

“Come! Come! my darlings! It’s about time we give our guests a welcome”

Undead poured through the entrance and began climbing the walls and windows. The meister’s power gave them enhanced their agility allowing them to move all over the sides of the skyscraper. They surrounded the building like ants. Waves and waves of undead began running at Blanc and the Van.

Orbit's plead make sense, why are you doing this Reed? Evolution? Is that your true goal? What are you trying to achieve? "Curie, devoting yourself to science means information to help humanity achieve its next step is too important to just be afraid. Fear just makes us weak, ask Snake there, we must not fear Evolution"

Blanc simply moved to evade the undead, and dropped a small metal object onto the ground behind him. As the undead followed, it exploded, sending parts of them in all directions. Blanc continued vaulting up the stairs to the top, dispatching any undead he encountered on the way up. He had a fair idea where his target was. All he had to do was reach him, and then there would be no escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back