Groupiesss~~~~

theplasticdemon

fallen angel
'ello everyone~~~

i don't actually participate in rp discussions too much (but rest assured i lurk) but here i gooooo

ever since i joined rpn i have quickly clicked with an amazing group of people on this site and all of the roleplays that i am a part of is with said group of people... like all the time. it's not even a conscious decision sometimes, once a homie makes a roleplay i sign up IMMEDIATELY. i'm not very restrictive since i would at least attempt to rp with almost everyone, but i am pretty picky. as i'm beginning to make a new rp (my first time actually gm-ing a roleplay on this site), rest assured they will be a part of that too ^-^

so... my question is this:

does everyone seem to have some sort of group they always roleplay with?

i would love to hear your questions and experiences~~

(i don't actually post like this ic if you're cringing at the fact i never use capitals)

note: i wonder if the admins actually read my posts in the roleplays i'm in and laugh at the ridiculousness that happens >////<

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm, I suppose I do. I really only find new roleplay partners by getting recommendations for people I may play well with from my current roleplay partners. At the moment, I only have a very select group of people I regularly roleplay with, mostly because I'm really selective about what I admire most in my partners.

Same, although I actively join in new rps... as long as they are nation building. I just cant get into other ones.

theglassangel said:
so... my question is this:
does everyone seem to have some sort of group they always roleplay with?
No, I regularly roleplay with unfamiliar site members. If your interest check is exciting, well put together, and leaves room for my imagination to run wild, then I'll consider applying. I don't need a history with anyone to create something special.

Bone2pick said:
@Bobisdead123 What do you mean by that?
I mean some people play only with a select few, some play with anyone, and other are some where in between

"Depends on the person" means everyone different basically

Bobisdead123 said:
I mean some people play only with a select few, some play with anyone, and other are some where in between
"Depends on the person" means everyone different basically
Is this a point you were intending for the OP? Because I think they were looking for personal testimony.

Bone2pick said:
Is this a point you were intending for the OP? Because I think they were looking for personal testimony.
I posted a personal testimony and that was in response to your post

And my statement still fits in with the topic since it related to the topic itself

I'm confused how "depends on the person really" could be a response to me. How did you interpret my first post?

Bone2pick said:
I'm confused how "depends on the person really" could be a response to me. How did you interpret my first post?
Mordecai sated he only really plays with the same person. You I stated I play with the same people but actively join with others. You stated you will play with everyone. Based on that I came to the conclusion that really It depends on the person. I should of stated it was a response to everyone answering a little differently, not just to yours

I honestly haven't been on this site long enough to find any long term friends so this is going to be more a broad answer based on my other roleplay site experience.

I rarely do groups to be honest but if a friend of mine is making something I might be interested in chances are high I'll say yes as long as I have some free time on the horizon.

I also have a couple of long term skype friends that I'll always be willing to work with on any rps they want as long as their idea is something I'd be interested in. Since I've known most of them for at least a year they rarely ask me stuff I'm not interested in anyway.

But do I only roleplay with my friends - nope.

I have only two roleplay friends so that would be kind of difficult to do anyway.

But I do make a point to be friends with everyone I roleplay with. Sometimes the story might not pan out and as long as your a rad person I'll probably still keep talking to you. Thus increasing your chances of becoming one of my buddies and me saying yes when you need someone to fill in an idea for you.

So I guess to simplify - I don't actually have a group of roleplay buddies at the moment but if I did I would probably give them priority when coming up with new ideas.

Right now I'm still at the networking stage - which is fun.

I don't really have a group in which I always rp with. I've just returned to the site around 1-2 months ago so. I guess you could say I meet the same people in different rps. Since we have similar interests we tend to like the same type of rp's. But since I wander around the site, and have a wide range of varying interests, you could say I meet people.

Here's a little story(not really a story but...). When I first joined I really clicked with a group of people (particularly 2 of them). But I ended up leaving the site for a long time due to rl happening. Now fast forward around 6 months later I came back. And somehow, I met with those two again. At first I didn't know it was them since they both changed accounts, as well as the fact it was a type of rp that I didn't expect them to be interested in. Well in conclusion, I was happy to meet them again, and now we still chat and rp together.

For me, on another site, there is this one group of people that everytime i look up an rp and i feel its a good rp, it ends up being them xD so i suppose they are my groupies. I love them and they are so in to their rps, it makes me happy!

I have no group, largely due to the fact that the roleplays I join tend to be very specific. I barely touch fantasy, sci-fi, or any genre but realistic, and I'm very selective within realism. Also, I have like 1.27 characters that I roleplay with, and my theoretical group would probably get bored of my fave pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back