Group Murder Mystery/Romance?

Guile

One Thousand Club
I apologize ahead of time if this thread becomes tedious to read. I urge you to read on because you may find that it could be a decent role play. I will post a shortened version of each paragraph in a bullet point below each paragraph if you'd like to read the shortened version. :)

This particular role play would have a maximum of six people that are our main characters (I will post them below), so that means a maximum of six role players (including myself - so, five of you guys). The rest of the characters we will divide amongst ourselves, and they will be minor characters that are set up to die throughout the story.

• Six of us role players get 1 main character and divide up minor characters amongst us that are created only to die.

The concept of the role play is a bit like the novel And Then There Were None with a mix of SAW - only not as graphic. Allow me to explain: Our characters (major and minor) wake up in a strange house on an island that they cannot escape from. (There are no boats and there is no way they could possibly swim to shore without dying. They do not know which way the land is and all they can see is endless ocean all around the island.) They do not know why they are there, and they do not recall how they got there. Their lives were completely normal before they woke up here with these complete strangers. One by one they begin dying. It is the others' job to figure out who, or what, is killing them and find a way off the island.

• Style of And Then There Were None with a mix of SAW (okay...not so much SAW)

And now...the characters: (I apologize...I cannot shorten this bit of information. Also, you are free to make the characters your own. I'd like it if you could follow the personality guideline I'm setting up for you though, please.)

• I should mention that you can be any gender and play any of the roles. A male can play a female and a female can play a male. It makes no difference to me. :)

Male 1: (By the way, they are in no particular order. The numbers I give them don't matter, it's just for you to be able to distinguish between them) This guy is the one that everyone (well, almost everyone) suspects as the murderer. He's very strange and anti-social, so he's naturally awkward around people (not clumsy, just nervous around them). I guess you could say he resembles - and don't hate me for this - the phantom of the opera. That's the kind of personality I want for this character. No, he doesn't have to love music or even associate with music. I just want him to be that hated and have the phantom's personality. He will be accused a lot and many of the characters will actually plot against him. So, basically, no one trusts him - accept for Female 1. (whom of which I would like to play) Since this is partially a romance, I would like a romance to happen between Male 1 and my character.

Male 2: This guy is the one that tries to keep order throughout the members. He becomes the 'group leader', running rational discussions and questioning each person during group sessions out in the open house where they can all see each other. Basically, he's the rational thinker.

Male 3: This guy isn't the most well-liked person of the group. However, he's the brawn. He is the guy that restores order if Male 2 has failed to keep it. He breaks up physical fights between people - or finishes them sometimes - and basically just keeps everyone cooperating.

Female 1: (Again, I would like to play her, but I think you all need to be familiar with my character as well.) She is the quiet one - the one who keeps tabs on everyone from the sidelines. She stays out of everyone's way and goes along with questionings and such just to keep the peace. She wants to get out of here safely, just like everyone else, but she doesn't want to be up front trying to save everyone else's lives. She's afraid that if they die then their blood would be on her hands if she was supposed to be keeping them safe. Again, I'd like a romance between her and Male 1, if possible.

Female 2: She is the quick witted, smart mouthed know-it-all. However disliked she may be, she is smart. She knows what she's talking about and she comes up with good ideas on how to keep everyone safe - that usually work, but...sometimes don't.

Female 3: She is the disagreeable one that likes to come up with ideas and plans on her own, apart from everyone else. She seems to want to solve this case and save everyone all on her own. She tends to wander off a lot, leaving her to be suspected sometimes as well, but not as much as Male 1. You could say she's adventurous and isn't all that afraid. If she is afraid she tends to hide it from everyone.

• For Male 2 & 3 and Female 2 & 3: you can decide throughout the role play (or before) which other character you want to start a romance with.
  • You are allowed to make as many minor characters as you want and they can have any personality you want them to. They can also live as long as you want them to, but at some point they should probably die.

So...who is the murderer then?

Answer: Male 2

Now we know, but the characters don't. And, it will be quite a while before they figure it out.

Alright, I think I covered just about everything. Let me know if you're interested in joining and tell me what main character you'd like to be. Thanks for taking the time to read this - I hope you're interested! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I'd like to wait until I have people for all the roles and then I'll create the role play right away and we can get started. :) Thanks for replying! :)

I love the idea! I wish there was more murder rps but I think they get a little too graphic haha. But I'm interested!

Wonderful! Thank you very much! :) Which main character are you interested in playing?

Haha! That's perfect! :D I'm just waiting for more people. Now we just need Male 1, 2 & 3 and we can start. (After we fill out basic character sheets.) Since we already know all the personalities I'm just going to do a basic name, age, gender, history (what did they do before they ended up here), and 'other' sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do indeed need a Male 2! Thank you very much! :D Now all we need is a Male 1 and 3 and I can set up the role play for us to start! :)

I'm pretty interested in joining. I don't know if I can write Male 1 well, seeing as I've never read or watched Phantom of the Opera, but I might be able to write Male 3.

Oh my gosh. I've always wanted to do this. I'll take over Male 1. Can I name him Eric?

That's alright! You can do Male 3 if you'd like. :)

WritingRin said:
Oh my gosh. I've always wanted to do this. I'll take over Male 1. Can I name him Eric?
Of course! That would be amazing! Thank you for being interested :)

LyraDark said:
I would like to play female 3, if possible
Oh, I'm sorry but...I think we have all the parts we need now. However, if one of the role players decides they are no longer interested, you will be the first person that I will reserve the open spot for. :) Thank you for being interested and I apologize again.

Guile said:
Oh, I'm sorry but...I think we have all the parts we need now. However, if one of the role players decides they are no longer interested, you will be the first person that I will reserve the open spot for. :) Thank you for being interested and I apologize again.
Okay, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back