Grey Seer Thanquol

Barbas

Three Thousand Club
[Appearance]

7ec48b431c36319c4984a26f860a31df.jpg

"Character's Quote"

"Madness! Madness! Can it be possible that you don't remember me? Can it be possible that you have masterminded my failure-fall by mistake? Did you not destroy my works in the Nuln warren, oh those many years gone by? Kill-killing my plague priest, burn-smash my gutter runners and my engineers, killing even my first gift of Moulder?....Did you not follow me north, foiling my every attempt to capture the earth diggers flying machine? Did you not twist-taint my servant-slave and turn him against me when you flew to the Waste? Did you not rip-take the machine from me when my magic had it in its grips? Impossible! Impossible that you don't know me! Impossible that all is by chance! My whole life! My whole Life!"

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]—Grey Seer Thanquol, confronting his arch-nemesis Gotrek and Felix after 20 long years to find out they don't recognize him[/COLOR]

-Name-

Grey Seer Thanquol

-Age-

Unknown

-Character Alignment(Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic)(Good, Neutral, Evil)-

Evil

-Personality-

Vicious, cowardly, arrogant, and power hungry

Bio:(Short or long, totally up to you)

Thanquol is an ambitious, ruthless, and cunning Grey Seer of the Skaven. First appearing in the Gotrek & Felix (novel series) in which he becomes the titular duo's long-standing nemesis, he later appears in his own series of novels, the Thanquol & Boneripper (novel series), which chronicle his adventures between his last appearance in Beastslayer and his reappearance in Elfslayer.

Thanquol first appears in Skavenslayer as the skaven chosen by the Council of Thirteen to lead the army preparing to attack Nuln after the previous leader was slain by Gotrek. Taking command of the skaven forces from various clans, Thanquol's early leadership was spent uncovering and foiling the plans of the other leaders within his army, which he saw as threats to his position. Paranoid and egotistical to the point of megalomania, Thanquol like all skaven leaders consistently blames his failures on the incompetence of his underlings and the machinations of hidden enemies within skaven society. He is addicted to Warpstone snuff, which fuels his formidable sorcerous powers but also damages his mental condition.

Though a powerful sorcerer with great malicious intent, Thanquol's tendency to leave his plans in the paws of less capable underlings and consistently underestimate his foes often ends up foiling his schemes. The invasion of Nuln which he oversaw ultimately ended in failure due to a number of factors including the mutation of a Clan Pestilens plague to affect skaven as well as humans, the unstoppable spread of rats specifically bred to devour all available foodstuffs and the interference of Gotrek and Felix. Despite managing to penetrate the palace with a company of stormvermin, Thanquol was prevented from murdering Countess Emmanuelle by Gotrek and Felix's intervention. After his defeat he fled, as always justifying his cowardice as prudent skaven caution.

Very soon after first encountering them Thanquol began to regard Gotrek and Felix and his arch-enemies, near-demonic agents of a malign power sent to foil his otherwise perfect plans. His many attempts to have them killed have all ended in failure. Despite the threat he poses the duo were for a long time far less aware of him than he was of them, knowing him only as a shadowy figure controlling the skaven. As such Thanquol was surprised and infuriated when upon finally capturing the pair and acting as if their long rivalry was about to end neither Gotrek nor Felix recognized him. Nevertheless Thanquol's murder of Felix's father, Gustav Jaeger, has finally made him the hated nemesis to them that he always believed he was.

After his failure to conquer Nuln Thanquol's investigation into reports that a colony of skaven had been driven from their tunnels beneath an abandoned mine led to his discovery of the Lonely Tower. Desiring the claim the secrets of Dwarfen engineering compiled there for himself Thanquol launched an attack on the engineering camp despite the shocking arrival of Gotrek and Felix at the same remote place. His forces were defeated in the Battle of the Lonely Tower, but upon learning of the airship Spirit of Grungni from his underling Lurk Snitchtonguecapturing it became Thanquol's new goal. Using his mental link with Lurk to follow the airship to Kislev, he later led a force of Clan Moulder soldiers to capture the Straghov Manse, from where he planned to ambush the airship upon its return from the Chaos Wastes. He came dangerously close to succeeding, being foiled only by the escape of the prisoners from the manse and Max Schreiber's countering of the spell he used to immobilize the airship. Escaping his defeat with only a mutated Lurk for protection, Thanquol fled across the grass-plains of Kislev before being captured by outriders of the vast Chaos army led by Arek Daemonclaw. Released by the Chaos warlord only to be captured by Clan Moulder and taken to Hell Pit to account for the loss of their troops, Thanquol earned his freedom by helping crush Lurk's rebellion against the Moulder overseers. Placed in command of a Clan Moulder force sent to investigate the great gathering of dark energy near Praag, Thanquol's army came under attack by Khornate Chaos Warriors from Daemonclaw's host. The outcome of that battle is unknown, though Daemonclaw's overall host was destroyed.

After his adventures in the Thanquol & Boneripper series, Thanquol lost enough status to be banished by the Council of Thirteen to an outpost in the backwaters of Estalia, where he discovered his two greatest nemeses were still alive, 20 years after his last encounter with them. In the novel Elfslayer, he manages to capture the pair and plans to torture them to death in recompense for all they have done to him, but after a High Elf prisoner mentions they were trying to recover a Dark Elf weapon known as the 'Harp of Ruin', Thanquol released them and allowed the Druchii to capture them, hoping they will cause enough destruction for him to steal it. The plan worked at first, in that Thanquol's agents were able to steal the harp, but failed in that Gotrek destroyed the Harp, killed most of the Dark Elves and Skaven trying to recover it, and came incredibly close to killing Thanquol himself: though the Grey Seer survived, he lost his right hand to Gotrek's axe, and has vowed to take revenge for the injury. Likewise, Felix and Gotrek have vowed to kill him the next time they meet, on account of the fact Thanquol's minions tortured Felix's father, Gustav, to death while trying to gain information on the pair's whereabouts.

As well as his adventures in the novel series Thanquol is also known to have attempted to use ancient Elf stones to destroy the lands of men, a scheme which was thwarted by Commander Morgan Bernhardt and his army. He also once tried to summon a Verminlord of the Horned Rat to aid an underground assault on Karak Kadrin, but this plan failed spectacularly when he instead managed to summon Skarbrand, a Bloodthirster of Khorne, who swiftly annihilated the Skaven army before fading away. As is expected, the only survivor of this slaughter was Thanquol, who fled to safety at the first sign of trouble.

Equipment:(Weaponry, Armor, Items including Accessories)

Warp-Amulet - An ancient amulet of power, this artifact was made from the purest Warpstone, and formerly wielded by his former mentor. Before his Masters death, Thanquol stole the amulet from him and scurried away into the darkness leaving Sleekit to his fate. Thanquol just had enough time to savour the look of disbelief on his Masters face before hundreds of tons of rock and debris fell upon his former Master. The Amulet is an ancient artifact from long long ago, during the time before the creation of the Council of Thirteen, and the reign of the first 13 Grey Lord  who ruled the fledgling Under-Empire during the time of the Great Migration.

Staff of the Horned Rat - A magical staff normally issued to all Grey Seers, the staff was also the former possession of his mentor before his death. The Staff is tipped with a bronze icon of the Horned Rat, where most of his sorcererous powers manifest before being thrown towards his enemies as spells of devastating power.

Boneripper: A cyborg, half Rat and half machine, with reinforced armour plating and a warp-fire thrower in his other hand. Such is the power and strength that this creature possess that very few manages to destroy it.

Abilities:(Separate Human like abilities and Special Abilities)

Knows a few spells like shooting Warp-lightning from his fingers, sending tendrils of magical energy to tear the skin and flesh of his enemies, summoning hordes of rats, summoning diseases and toxic gases, transforming other species into Clanrats, and a few other destructive spells. 

Dislikes: Anythings that hurts his ego

Theme:

Accomplishments:(What did your character achieve?)

Saved Clan Moulder City of Hell Pit, personally saw to the total annihilation of the Temple city Quetza, and accidentally summoned a Bloodthirster, and his attempts against the enemies of the Skaven almost[COLOR= rgb(37, 37, 37)] [/COLOR]always end in utter and complete disaster both for the skaven at his command and up to a point, to his enemies, say, every time he is in a plot it's a death sentence for any Skaven surrounding him, with casualties mounting to entire skaven settlements

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back